CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amanda Kost, 7NEWS ‏@AmandaKost
(Cont) Told court laptop & 2 computer hard drives found in Sigg's bedroom had evidence of sexual exploitation of children. At least 8 images

This is so terrible I am so sorry about he has done to Jessica and now this. I hope this means no images were made of Jessica before she died her family have enough to bear.

What is the maximum sentence he faces? Sorry if this has already been asked he is so dangerous and should never be allowed to walk free again.

Judge: Austin Sigg must face trial in death of Jessica Ridgeway

GOLDEN — Austin Sigg must face trial on 18 of 20 counts relating to the death of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway and an attack on a jogger last year, a Jefferson County judge decided Friday.

Judge Stephen Munsinger decided that Sigg, 18, will face trial on all but two counts he faced in the death of Jessica and the attack on a jogger at Ketner Lake over Memorial Day weekend. Prosecutors dismissed two additional charges.

more

http://www.reporterherald.com/ci_22...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

An article from last Oct. There's others that say 40 years.

District Attorney Scott Storey said last week that charging Sigg as an adult is "the right thing to do." He added, however, that seeking the death penalty is not a consideration because of U.S. Supreme Court rulings. Likewise, a sentence of life without parole is not an option for those under age 18.

Read more: Austin Sigg, suspect in kidnapping, murder of Jessica Ridgeway, formally charged - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ca-ridgeway-be-formally-charged#ixzz2Lfvd97Ve

This is so terrible I am so sorry about he has done to Jessica and now this. I hope this means no images were made of Jessica before she died her family have enough to bear.

What is the maximum sentence he faces? Sorry if this has already been asked he is so dangerous and should never be allowed to walk free again.

It is my understanding 40 years max because of his age. He cannot get the death penalty... I'll try to find the link.

It terrifies me the thought of this monster being on the street in 30-40 years. He's sick. The kind of evil that doesn't get better with treatment or prison. If he isn't killed in prison, he will kill again once his sentence is served.

Through Jessica, May every aspect of this case be in every LE / CJ textbook from here on out as how "TO" properly handle a case.

Amazing joint cooperation through infinite channels.

When he's convicted, he won't last long in prison, unless he's in solitary confinement (which will not guarantee his safety either).

I also read (sorry do not have the link) in earlier articles that based on the nature of his crimes he will never get parole granted. (it is HIGHLY unlikely)

the parole at 40 is only possible.

I hope he gets the max and never sees the free light of day again. He is one dangerous human being.

Nurse I do as well.

"Four days later, after he confessed, he chided authorities for taking so long to process the DNA with someone as dangerous as him running around. They should have brought in more resources, he criticized."

www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_...ges-against-austin-sigg-altered#ixzz2LhHicvp2

I pray that the prosecution will use his above statement in the penalty phase of the trial to highlight his arrogance and lack of remorse to underscore the necessity of at least a life sentence!

"Four days later, after he confessed, he chided authorities for taking so long to process the DNA with someone as dangerous as him running around. They should have brought in more resources, he criticized."

www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_...ges-against-austin-sigg-altered#ixzz2LhHicvp2

I pray that the prosecution will use his above statement in the penalty phase of the trial to highlight his arrogance and lack of remorse to underscore the necessity of at least a life sentence!

"Westminster police Det. Albert Stutson testified that Sigg got on the phone after his mother called to report him and said, "I murdered Jessica Ridgeway. I have proof that I did it. You should send a squad car down here. I'll answer all the questions. I won't resist."

Judge: Austin Sigg must face trial in death of Jessica Ridgeway - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ges-against-austin-sigg-altered#ixzz2LhLH2NZ7

. . . and this, which reveals significantly disturbing findings in her backpack:

"Lopez said evidence found in Jessica's backpack also pointed to Sigg. The backpack contained Jessica's prescription glasses and clothing — her tie-dye T-shirt, her pants, panties and boots with pom poms."

www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_...ges-against-austin-sigg-altered#ixzz2LhMXokuq

Now, knowing the macabre contents of the backpack, I am thinking that Sigg must have enjoyed placing it in a prominent location to titillate law enforcement and the pubic. After his failed attempt with the adult jogger it must have been important for him to publicly flaunt his final success even though he had to resort to destroying an innocent child to do so.

But that's what he was doing: thumbing his nose at society and LE.

He definitely needs to be put away forever.

God bless Jessica and her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member