CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We knew her clothes were in that backpack. :( So did LE, hence the manhunt.

(and her glasses, bless her heart)

. . . and also:

"On the day he was arrested, Sigg asked a fellow Arapahoe Community College student, 'What are the signs of a panic attack? I'm not feeling very good,' Lopez testified."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...tin-sigg-due-in-court-for-preliminary-hearing

To this one, all I can say is: How in the hello can this pervert feel sorry for himself about suffering with panic attacks? Imagine the real panic attacks Jessica went through ~ and those that her family and friends are still enduring!

""My son wants to turn himself in for the Jessica Ridgeway murder. He just confessed to killing her," Mindy Sigg is heard saying.
When the dispatcher asked her what her son had told her, Mindy Sigg replied, "That he did it, and he gave me details."
The dispatcher told her she was doing the right thing, and she replied, "He did it. He's turning himself in."
Then, Austin Sigg took the phone and confessed."
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ges-against-austin-sigg-altered#ixzz2LhgIEOX9

If you have to ask what a panic attack is, you deserve to be locked up for a long time.

When you find out your child is missing, you know. That's true panic.

Psychopath...

Men that murder must be really angry about something ... really angry inside.

It looks like Austin was pre-occupied with sex by the age of 12 and that the "kick the can" game was not as innocent as it sounded. Wasn't he the 14-16 year old boy playing hide and seek with the 10-12 year old girls soccer team, or was it just the younger girls in his neighborhood ... something like that.

Was he angry that his parents split up ... unable to look at the opposite sex as anything other than objects? What made Austin so angry ... or ... was he just criminally curious ... his photo sure looks weird. It's like his nose is pointing right and his forehead is caving over his eyebrows ... neanderthal-like.

He must have thrown open his door just as Jessica was walking by and grabbed her, zip tied her, assaulted her, removed her clothes because his college studies in forensics over-looked a door to door DNA request ... and he thought that if police didn't have his DNA, he was free and clear.

He made a caluclated decision that the gig was up and he was going to be arrested, so he confessed ... hoping for leniency based on age.

Whether he's angry, calculated, or criminally curious, I think that he should never be released from prison ... he stikes me as a life long dangerous offender ... like Joran van der Sloot.

Austin is probably also responsible for killing the neighbor's cat and leaving it on the sidewalk behind the house. The first act that we know of is photographing young girls, probably during the hide and seek game. After that it is the dead cat. Then, there's the attack on the 20 year old in the park that got away after he tried to put a cloth over her face and there was some shoving. Then, he abducted Jessica and took it all the way to planting evidence to throw police off the trail and dismembering her body.

He gives us insight into how people like this escalate. People like this don't de-escalate.

Dear Jessica,

This guy will not see the light of day again if we can help it!

I've never believed the backpack location was an attempt to throw off LE. I have always thought this killer is too narcissistic to have wanted too much time passing before this was acknowledged as his handiwork.

All the remarks he made after the crime reinforce this for me.

I also think his breezy explanations don't quite get at devil that's in his details. Of course LE may not be releasing all they know, but these shifting stories about he just grabbed her, tried it this way, then that-a-way, then took her to his bedroom, killed her, then happened to find a saw and dismembered her in the family bathtub, to me, sound like part of his manipulative game. I'm sure there's truth in his confession, I just don't buy that he's telling all of it. And I've always thought his statements are an extension of his desire for attention to his deed.

His question to LE about whether it would give the family peace to know he did it and will be accountable, in my view, is akin to an acceptance speech at the Oscars. He doesn't give a whit about that family, he merely wants credit, and his remarks are passive aggressive manipulations as far as I'm concerned. It reminds me of the old movie Sunset Blvd. where Gloria Swanson's unhinged actress character comes down the stairs of her creepy mansion after she's killed, asking, "Is it time for my close-up?"

He felt sick. Mmmm...sure. As in, once the fun and fascination part was over and the ugly part began to slam around in his memory with less enjoyment on his part, he needed another release, this time to dump his toxic feelings. So he confessed. He's an immature predator who acted on his instincts and it didn't turn out to be as satisfying as his fantasies.

Maybe LE knows the rest of the details, but I don't buy that the story we've been reading about how this happened is all that happened.

Not only that, use of a saw sounds like an extremely time intensive and messy labor to me.

How on earth did he manage to clear that deck by the time the family came home and when did he dump her torso?

Not buying that his confession is quite like it really happened. Especially the part about how he kept her quiet in the car and on the way to the bedroom. That part is conveniently missing, just as the part we previously read where he managed to just whisk her into the car, hog tie her, and kill her right there on the street, then drove on, and somewhere along the way she ended up in pieces, part of which were abandoned in open space. Bada bing.

Not buying it. He sought a victim and I don't believe for a minute that he just kinda happened on a saw after he went 'Hey there's a kid I could just grab and hog tie, maybe choke, maybe strangle, then dismember in the tub'.

Any account by Sigg is going to be colored by the skewed, sociopathic lens he sees the world through and will not satisfy anyone's wish to get at the truth of what he did, how he did or why.

Any account by Sigg is going to be colored by the skewed, sociopathic lens he sees the world through and will not satisfy anyone's wish to get at the truth of what he did, how he did or why.

I'm not looking to be satisfied. I'm saying I think his tales of what happened are tales he construes for his own purposes.

I don't think there's much substance to him beyond what he perceives as enjoyable to him.

I'm not looking to be satisfied. I'm saying I think his tales of what happened are tales he construes for his own purposes.

I don't think there's much substance to him beyond what he perceives as enjoyable to him.

Sorry my post wasn't clear in relaying that I agree with you. Sigg's account is never going to contain the actual truth of what occurred, only his own self serving one.

Sorry my post wasn't clear in relaying that I agree with you. Sigg's account is never going to contain the actual truth of what occurred, only his own self serving one.

I see what you're saying, thanks.

Yeah, I think it's his sick secret, but I did see in one of the links that a sexual assault nurse examiner noted that Jessica's body had multiple bruises and lacerations and she believes penetration of some kind occurred.

The killer's insistence that he didn't "rape" her is apparently another game of word parsing that frames or keep from framing the event other than how he wants to selfishly frame it.

However, I don't think LE is without evidence of pretty much whatever they want to chase in terms of crime details relative to all their charges. So I hope he feels even sicker knowing he's being called a child molester/rapist/sex offender etc., in addition to a "monster", which is a rather polite term he's chosen for himself given his crime. He seems to be bothered by being accused of a sex offense so I hope that plagues him. Forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member