CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds that RM was with Kayleah the day she was killed and then a stranger killed her. Didn't he walk her home. Either he is the most unluckiest guy or he did it. He had the motive and the opportunity.
Has it been confirmed he was with her the day she went missing ~ excluding the wording re: his arrest?

BBM

It is not uncommon for LE to word things to include all possibilities. Unless he has confessed that they had sexual relations on March 28 (which would make him one of the dumbest perps on earth), LE may have been inclusive with that date since it was when she was last known to be alive. MOO
I agree about the mincing of words. Perhaps the underflowing indication is that the relationship never ended... up until the point of her vanishing.

Has it been confirmed he was with her the day she went missing ~ excluding the wording re: his arrest?

What about the "mall" camera that might have caught her? Might it have caught him too? -with her at the mall?
I could see her using the b-day party as a ruse to go hang out with her boyfriend. So many kids that age think as long as mamma don't know it don't matter. AS IF! but in an innocent 12 year olds mind the worst trouble they could ever get in would be by mama... Most of them just don't believe anything "bad" will ever happen to them. "That stuff only happens to other people"... so sad.

What are the odds that RM was with Kayleah the day she was killed and then a stranger killed her. Didn't he walk her home. Either he is the most unluckiest guy or he did it. He had the motive and the opportunity.

I don't think it is going to be a stranger, the proximity of the body to her neighborhood strongly suggests a local, someone who is very comfortable in that area, but not outside it. Someone who grew up there, at least in the last few years. Someone still at school or recently in school. Much older than that would imply a larger comfort zone and the body would have been found much further away. So, IMO the killer would be in the 14-19 range.

I think we are going to find that she was seeing someone older than her, she got pregnant and that she was killed to keep it secret.

I've seen this alluded to alot - what do people think mom should/could have done to guarantee that Kayleah end that relationship. Remember she has NO car and she has older children who need to socialize. Do you think mom had the kids over to her house rather than have them walking the streets? Short of putting a harness on Kayleah, I'm not sure what options were available. moo

The reason I thought that was because of the videos. The kind of behavior she was condoning. Yes, her circumstances were tough. Yes, her life was hard. But you CAN lock down a 12 year old. You don't let them out. If they sneak out, you take away their stuff, their allowance, etc. Tough love, so to speak. My parent were strict and at 12, there was no way I would have gotten away with anything.

No car? Walk with your daughter. Take the bus with her. It isn't safe to let her walk in a busy city at night.

I think AW could have been that kind of parent because 1. She wanted to be cool 2. She didn't know better (ie what was modeled during her own up bringing) 3. It was too hard to deal with.

IMO, the video showed a mom who allowed inappropriate behavior between teenagers in her home and then posted it on the internet. As a parent I would be livid to see another parent allowing that behavior if I was expecting her to supervise a group of kids. And then to post it on top of that-yeah, I'd be furious.

I went to a party once where the mom was like AW, letting the kids get away with things that were not OK. Parenting is the hardest thing I have ever done, but you have to keep your kids safe, even if they don't like you for it.

MOO-if I said anything too harsh, please feel free to delete/edit.

I agree about the mincing of words. Perhaps the underflowing indication is that the relationship never ended... up until the point of her vanishing.
That's what I believe too. I'm reading it like a court document where defendants "Does" 1 though whatever # are listed so as not to exclude any possibilities. MOO

If it is not RM, I admit I will be very surprised, especially if it turns out he was with her that day. I am not sure I believe the girl who stated he had been acting oddly...(quoted in an article)-it is always easy to say that after the fact. If she had told police before now, that might be different. I also read somewhere (no link to hand) that he did go on one search, which is creepy if he did this, but he might have felt he would stand out if he did not go. At this point, I can't imagine the killer being a stranger, but we have seen it all in various cases...

If it is not RM, I admit I will be very surprised, especially if it turns out he was with her that day. I am not sure I believe the girl who stated he had been acting oddly...(quoted in an article)-it is always easy to say that after the fact. If she had told police before now, that might be different. I also read somewhere (no link to hand) that he did go on one search, which is creepy if he did this, but he might have felt he would stand out if he did not go. At this point, I can't imagine the killer being a stranger, but we have seen it all in various cases...

one legal analyst report that I read (sorry need to go find the link) said that it was VERY INTERESTING that the bond that they set for him was so high and that it may have other meanings (holding him until further evidence is analyzed)

That makes a lot of sense to me

Kayleah Janelle.........her father posted on his FB that she was named after two of "his" good friends. I feel so bad for him!

Greeley Police arrested 18-year-old Robert Laurencio Montoya on Wednesday night just after 8:30 on charges of sexual assault on a child. Montoya is still in the Weld County Jail in lieu of a $100,000 bond.

"It is a very high bond which indicates again a desire to keep the young man in custody as long as possible," 9NEWS Legal Analyst Scott Robinson said.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139448

Exactly, imo. Not enough evidence right now to charge with her death, but enough for the sexual assault charges, a high bond, and he's not going anywhere. MOO

Maybe they found a note to him in her handwriting or a note from him in his? that discussed their private together time? Just a thought...

I think it's also significant that LE isn't issuing any 'stranger danger' warnings, telling parents to watch their kids carefully or anything.

I found this very interesting... So Kayleah being in water all this time may have preserved more evidence of how she was murdered than if she had been exposed to air...

A basic guide for the effect of environment on decomposition is given as Casper's Law (or Ratio): if all other factors are equal, then, when there is free access of air a body decomposes twice as fast than if immersed in water and eight times faster than if buried in earth

This is an 86 page Masters Theses from a University of Tenn student majoring in Anthropology.
http://trace.tennessee.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1098&context=utk_gradthes

I think it's also significant that LE isn't issuing any 'stranger danger' warnings, telling parents to watch their kids carefully or anything.

My husband and I were just talking about that tonight. IMO, this wasn't random..and LE knows it as well.

Does anyone know if the dogs LE used tried to find Kayleah's scent only on the route(s) she may have taken or did they start at her apartment door?

Since the dogs were unsuccessful (as reported by media), I wondered whether there was an exit from the building that Kayleah may have taken other than the "front door" exit and whether she may have had a ride from the BF or from someone else, and didn't want her mom to know.

Could someone have picked her up around the corner from the building?

This is a very sad tragic situation for everyone involved. A 12 year old child disappears. The child's body is found weeks later. The police arrest her so called boyfriend, RM, and for now he is held in jail on sex related charges.

It is not unusual for the prosecutor to ask the court for a very high bond if LE has reason to believe that the person they arrested is a prime suspect in a homicide case.

One thing that we must remember here. Even if it turns out that RM didn't murder Kayleah, his troubles isn't over. In fact, it is only the beginning.

The prosecutor will still go after RM on the sex related charges. If RM is convicted, he will serve a prison term. The court can also rule RM to be a predator and force RM to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

I think they are testing her clothes for dna that she had on before Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther