CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very sad tragic situation for everyone involved. A 12 year old child disappears. The child's body is found weeks later. The police arrest her so called boyfriend, RM, and for now he is held in jail on sex related charges.

It is not unusual for the prosecutor to ask the court for a very high bond if LE has reason to believe that the person they arrested is a prime suspect in a homicide case.

One thing that we must remember here. Even if it turns out that RM didn't murder Kayleah, his troubles isn't over. In fact, it is only the beginning.

The prosecutor will still go after RM on the sex related charges. If RM is convicted, he will serve a prison term. The court can also rule RM to be a predator and force RM to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

It depends on what the evidence against him is (for example, was she pregnant or is it just hearsay) and who exactly the alleged victim for the charges was.

It may be that they suspect him in her death and the sex charges are a means to keep him in custody for the time being. We will have to wait and see.

What would be the point of that?

Well for starters,
what if there is blood evidence that is not hers?

Sorry not tryin to be snarky!

or say dog (animal hairs) or carpet fibers from another home??
WAY out on a limb here. bullet holes... gun shot residue... a footprint from a shoe? someone elses hair... endless possibilties I guess...MOO

It depends on what the evidence against him is (for example, was she pregnant or is it just hearsay) and who exactly the alleged victim for the charges was.

It may be that they suspect him in her death and the sex charges are a means to keep him in custody for the time being. We will have to wait and see.

BBM could be but they emphatically stated one had nothing to do with the other... pobably ONLY because if he were also being detained as a POI they wouold ahve to actually charge him for that crime as well. And at this time while they may be 99% certain they had better be 100% certain before charging him.

Maybe they are hoping he will confess as time goes on.
moo

I didn't think 6th graders had much freedom to skip school...and no one seems sure he was even still in school or if he had dropped out or what...

It's possible they just met up at places outside when weather was decent...kids do.

I am wondering now why, if is was true when first stated, Kayleah spent some time in foster care at some point...I recall it being mentioned early on...

hi...I am probably getting mixed up again with cases but yep I think this was mentioned......can anyone else remember this????

also re the youtubes video.....on another site they have listed what was being said.....when ginger said he had "ropes, tarp, extension cord, baby wipes" in his car......the guy with the hat (assume her brother) says "are you ready for your prostate exam.......and mum says"are you all lubed up"......

noice....in my opinion she was the line between friend/parent was crossed in this household......also the son/brother is quite sexual towards his girlfriend and this is not stopped....

the only time you see Kayleah is at the beginning and she is with Robert then....in fact she is very close to him and they are mucking around at the other end of the room and it is her that pushes him into the lounge and pulls him over by his singlet....just look at the beginning of that clip...they are cosy there.....

this was prob the beginning of the relationship....I dont know if mum knew but I would have been watching that pair closely.......I mean even the sons girlfriend how old was she ? they were definitely sexual...

BBM. The victim of Robert Montoya's sexual assaults was 12 year old murder victim Kayleah Wilson.

The boyfriend, 18-year-old Robert Montoya, has been charged with sexual assault on a child in connection with offenses ranging from Jan. 18, 2010, his birthday, to March 28, the day Kayleah disappeared. Montoya is being held on $100,000 bond in the Weld County Jail.

Montoya, who was arrested Wednesday night, is considered a “person of interest” in regard to Kayleah, whose death is being investigated as a homicide, Greeley Police announced Thursday.

Court documents indicate Kayleah and Montoya started a sexual relationship in October 2009.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100523/NEWS/100529841/1002&parentprofile=1001

"This arrest culminated an investigation that developed from information that probable cause existed to believe the suspect was involved in a sexual relationship with Kayleah Wilson," Greeley police spokesman Sgt. Joe Tymkowych said. "This arrest is separate and distinct from the Kayleah Wilson homicide case that is currently being investigated."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Media/kayleah-wilsons-boyfriend-arrested-murder/story?id=10718923

According to electronic copies of court records, investigators think Montoya started having sex with Kayleah in October. He is charged with offenses that allegedly continued until March 28, the day she disappeared.

Montoya is considered a person of interest in the disappearance and murder of Kayleah, 12. Her body was found Wednesday morning in an irrigation ditch in southeast Greeley. The Weld County coroner determined she was a victim of homicide.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_15143559

BBM could be but they emphatically stated one had nothing to do with the other... pobably ONLY because if he were also being detained as a POI they wouold ahve to actually charge him for that crime as well. And at this time while they may be 99% certain they had better be 100% certain before charging him.

Maybe they are hoping he will confess as time goes on.
moo

I didn't take LE's wording as meaning one has nothing to do with the other. I took it as at this time, they are not making a legal connection of the sexual assault *case* to the homicide *case*. A technical legal distinction at this time, versus 'we have evidence that shows that in reality the activities involved in the sexual assaults and the homicide were not connected.'

Please note that this is a pre-morning-coffee post, and may be indecipherable. :)

** Morning news check - most recent news stories - Sunday, May 23, 2010 **

Mother says she ended Kayleah's relationship with 18-year-old
13 hrs ago - 9News: http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139501&provider=top&catid=188

Kayleah's mom tried to end girl's relationship with older boy
Sunday, May 23, 2010 - Greeley Tribune: http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100523/NEWS/100529841/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Tribune Opinion: Coming together to catch Kayleah's killer
Sunday, May 23, 2010 - Greeley Tribune: http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100523/OPINION/100529855/1029

Kayleah's death is forcing a fresh look at safety for tweens
Sunday, May 23, 2010 - Greeley Tribune: http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100523/NEWS/100529843/1002&parentprofile=1001

Spokesman: Mom forced Kayleah's breakup with 18-year-old
POSTED: 05/23/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT - Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/ci_15143559

News Timeline for Kayleah from Google Labs:
http://newstimeline.googlelabs.com?date=2010-05-17&zoom=0&subs=anews."kayleah+wilson",anews

All news stories for Kayleah in reverse date order (most recent article first) from Interceder:
http://interceder.net/news/kayleah-wilson

Rest in peace, Kayleah.

Does anyone know if the dogs LE used tried to find Kayleah's scent only on the route(s) she may have taken or did they start at her apartment door?

Since the dogs were unsuccessful (as reported by media), I wondered whether there was an exit from the building that Kayleah may have taken other than the "front door" exit and whether she may have had a ride from the BF or from someone else, and didn't want her mom to know.

Could someone have picked her up around the corner from the building?

We've been wondering about this right from the start. I don't know how they ran their dogs, but it's a common mistake in SAR work to assume a scent pickup begins at the exit to a building and not at the actual last known spot, i.e.- her front door, bedroom, kitchen etc.

...investigators think Montoya started having sex with Kayleah in October... until March 28, the day she disappeared.

At first I wondered if RM admitted to when their relationship started. Then I wondered if Kayleah kept a diary... but that would have been found long ago.

There's a reason they didn't arrest him until her body was found.

I remember reading in the beginning that she wasn't thought to be taken by a predator because she was a bit pudgy. (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

I said early on that I thought she was pregnant. I still think that. I also think she was about 5 months pregnant and that's how LE came up with the relationship starting in October.

---------------------

Something I've been wanting to mention... when I was 12 there were 3 or 4 girls in my school that were having sex. And they were having sex with pretty much anyone. Other boys in school, older boys who were friends with their brothers/sisters, men. I remember over-hearing one of them say "I didn't want him to think I didn't like him". These girls would sometimes hang out at a home near mine. There were 2 men in their 20's that were renovating the home. Yup, the girls were sleeping with them too. It was a regular hangout for the neighbour boys/girls.

This was 40 years ago. I was shocked girls my age were having sex. When I hear about girls this age having sex now, I'm not so shocked.

At first I wondered if RM admitted to when their relationship started. Then I wondered if Kayleah kept a diary... but that would have been found long ago.

There's a reason they didn't arrest him until her body was found.

I remember reading in the beginning that she wasn't thought to be taken by a predator because she was a bit pudgy. (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

I said early on that I thought she was pregnant. I still think that. I also think she was about 5 months pregnant and that's how LE came up with the relationship starting in October.
---------------------

Something I've been wanting to mention... when I was 12 there were 3 or 4 girls in my school that were having sex. And they were having sex with pretty much anyone. Other boys in school, older boys who were friends with their brothers/sisters, men. I remember over-hearing one of them say "I didn't want him to think I didn't like him". These girls would sometimes hang out at a home near mine. There were 2 men in their 20's that were renovating the home. Yup, the girls were sleeping with them too. It was a regular hangout for the neighbour boys/girls.

This was 40 years ago. I was shocked girls my age were having sex. When I hear about girls this age having sex now, I'm not so shocked.
BBM ~ I think she was pregnant too, and when they got the body they arrested the "most likely" daddy baby. He probably admitted to it as well. Figuring why lie they will find out soon enough anyway...
About teen pregnancy a lil O/T...
Luckily both my kids are over 12 but in our middle school this year there were 6 very pregnant girls in the 8th grade. they all got pregnant in the 7th grade. Not sure what age the daddy's were but... I graduated in 1985 and to my knowledge we only had 2 pregnant girls in our class... one by a much older man who she ended up marrying and one by a classmate. In my daughter's highschool I'd have to guess but ball park.. 10% of the girls are pregnant 400 students in 12th grade 40 are PG! Whatever we as a country are doing to educate these kids IMO it is NOT working!!! MOO

ETA my math is wrong there are not 400 girls... 400 total and about 40 are PG so maybe 20% much higher than I originally thought!

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100523/NEWS/100529841/1002&parentprofile=1001
Saw this article had been posted, but I didn't see where this issue had been discussed...hope I'm not repeating someone:

Montoya, who was arrested Wednesday night, is considered a “person of interest” in regard to Kayleah, whose death is being investigated as a homicide, Greeley Police announced Thursday.

Thank you for posting. We began discussing it in thread five which is why you aren't seeing anything.

Luckily both my kids are over 12 but in our middle school this year there were 6 very pregnant girls in the 8th grade. they all got pregnant in the 7th grade. Not sure what age the daddy's were but... I graduated in 1985 and to my knowledge we only had 2 pregnant girls in our class... one by a much older man who she ended up marrying and one by a classmate. In my daughter's highschool I'd have to guess but ball park.. 10% of the girls are pregnant 400 students in 12th grade 40 are PG! Whatever we as a country are doing to educate these kids IMO it is NOT working!!! MOO

ETA my math is wrong there are not 400 girls... 400 total and about 40 are PG so maybe 20% much higher than I originally thought!

Well MOO, when they are setting up daycares in the high schools, it kind of gives the wrong message. My daughter's HS has tons of pregnant girls.

BBM ~ I think she was pregnant too, and when they got the body they arrested the "most likely" daddy baby. He probably admitted to it as well. Figuring why lie they will find out soon enough anyway...

No, you were right the first time. 40/400= 10%

I have been thinking about RM's motivations of sleeping with Kayleah. He seems on the periphery of the group of friends. He is chubby and not attractive and not popular. The one boy in the video had an appropriate aged girlfriend, he was envious. I think he had sex with Kayleah for convenience and because she would. Girls his age were out of his league, but she was too young to know that. She was flattered by an older boy being interested in her and it was easy for him. He took advantage of a naive girl. YUCK.

Sadly, many young girls in some schools get pregnant in a kind of competetition with each other...it is supposed to be cool to be a "baby mama" of some guy nowadays...thanks to entertainers and athletes and "pop culture", IMO, which seems to invent "cool" terms for having babies with women or men (girls or boys) they don't intend to marry. JMO....

I don't think this applies in Kayleah's case, I think she was just too young and did not worry about pregnancy, if indeed she did get pregnant. But teen pregnancy rates go in cycles like everything else and there has been a rise in many states. I graduated in a class of about 700 kids way back when and if anyone was ever pregnant, I never heard about it.

My daughter is 13. There is a girl on her soccer team who is wild. I found videos like this on this girl's fb. They were taken by the girl and another girl of two boys pretending to hump, in a room with the door shut, on New Year's Eve. I was flabbergasted that her parents did not know about these videos and her antics. But maybe they did. Maybe they are like this mother?? This mother reminds me of the Queen Bee's mother in Mean Girls, always wanting to hang with them and be cool too.

Are you saying that there are videos of Kayleah and/or her friends 'humping'????

Is there anything besides a few videos taking by Kayleah's mom that indicates to you that her mom 'always' wanted to hang out with them and 'be cool'?

TIA

Are you saying that there are videos of Kayleah and/or her friends 'humping'????

Is there anything besides a few videos taking by Kayleah's mom that indicates to you that her mom 'always' wanted to hang out with them and 'be cool'?

TIA

One thing I noticed about the video is that the kids have relatively clean language. Yes, there were a few words used such as as*, crap, hell and sc*ew you, and one inappropriate joke about the dancing, "One goes on the as* and the other goes ....", but I'm not hearing the f-word, c-word or any words that are considered to be really foul.

What I'm seeing is some kids having fun being kids. Granted, the boy tried to kiss the girl, but isn't that what boys do? He didn't kiss her and respected the mother's wishes when she said, "Don't kiss her! Dance!" I also noticed there wasn't any indication, based on body language, that the dancing between the boy and the girl was nothing more than kids fooling around. The boy wasn't pressing his private parts up against her and they kept an appropriate distance between them.

How many 18yo do people know who first of all - get a 12yo pregnant and second of all - murder her when finding out? Robert is being discussed as though he is some normal kind of teen who has the social skills, intelligence, and ambitions comparable to most teens. Come on - he is a predator! And nothing more!

Had sex with a 12yo and thought nothing of it. Used her brother to gain access to her - not because he cared but because of his need for power and control over her. IMO Kayleah was groomed, used, and when she became inconvenient she was murdered, thrown in a ditch, and left to rot. Just what every normal 18yo guy does - right? MOO (speculation regarding murder)

Haven't heard of a single, normal thing this guy has done - no other relationships, how about graduation, plans for the future, other girl friends during high school, friends - IMO this guy is despicable, dangerous, and an insult to mankind. moo mho speculation about murder

TIA

No, I reread my post and it was worded poorly. The boys in the other video were not touching each other; they were facing each other and making motions in a dance. And when I said wanting to be cool TOO I meant in the movie the mom wanted to be cool like the mean girls, not too as in AW. I was just trying to grasp this foreign concept of condoning this behavior as a parent instead of putting a stop to it. I'll delete my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member