CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times had she run away in the past? Do we know? Or was the half-brother just blowing hot air?

I think that may be from when a poster said, that some guy on some Facebook said, that his daughter said, that she told the FBI, that the half brother said, Kayleah had run away again, or something like that.

I don't recall seeing anything confirming that Kayleah had ever run away, but it's late and I'm sleepy so don't count on me ;)

O/T: Great to see you, b4e :) Hugs.

You know, it just occurred to me - when I was 12, I didn't know exactly how people had sex. It wasn't until I was 13 that I locked myself and my older sister in the bathroom, turned on the water in the sink and the tub, turned on the radio, and asked her if I asked her how people had sex would she tell me or would tell our mother on me for asking. She said she'd tell me if I wouldn't tell our mother on her for telling me. And she did.

The water and radio locked in the bathroom thing was our mode of communicating forbidden subjects in mom's house.

That 18 year old is about as bright as this guy!​

It really is amazing he's arrested twice in recent months and would still continue the relationship. Something could've happened around the time she was killed that made him fear getting caught again and now that he's 18 definitely facing prison time. Ironic that the day her remains were found he's arrested for another count of sexual assaultl, which I think is like Casey being arrested for child abuse when Caylee was missing. I believe LE must have something on him, but not enough and want him in jail while they build their murder case. MOO

Posted by 'panthera' on thread #5

I found this interesting:

"CBS4 has learned Montoya has been arrested before. He faced sexual assault charges in January and October 2009."

http://cbs4denver.com/local/homicide...2.1708784.html

Was it Kayleah or someone else?

If these allegations are true, I wonder if they had DNA from this man prior to the arrest on May 19. Perhaps that's how they got his DNA. I say this because I know several of you were discussing how that was possible and whether or not he would have given it up.

Posted by Snoopster on thread #5

Have you noticed that almost immediately after Kayleah's body was found, LE made the statement that the mall video was not definitely Kayleah? Why wait until then? And then immediately file charges against the boyfriend. I think they've been keeping an eye on friends and family all along and finally had enough evidence to pursue their leading suspect(s). I wonder what evidence they have collected?

I see this two different ways:

a. Either something happened with Kayleah and the perp in this parking lot and LE knows it. If this is the case, I am betting they don't have actual footage of anything criminal, but perhaps they see the K and suspected perp (RM?) were both in the same parking lot around the same time. As for why they are now saying they don't know if it was K? I'm still working on that :-/

b. They know it's not K and only said it was because they suspect that it will make a particular person feel "off the hook."

or, in other words:

The specific person they suspect lives between K's house and the mall and, while LE may think something happened to her between the house and mall, the wanted to say she was seen on mall video so that the person feels like, "Oh, wow, LE definitely doesn't suspect me since they think they saw her there."

I'm not finding where her brother said she had run away in the past...just one news reference where he said "IF she's run away, then she should come back..." sort of thing...so I might be wrong about him saying she ran away...don't want to start rumors, although I know some were floating about that he had said that she had run away.

Way back when, I had an 18-yr old boyfriend when i was 14...admittedly I was an "old" 14, as I had a PT job and was learning to drive to get my permit at 15 for work, etc...but we did not have sex. In any event, he was not a pedophile, IMO although if we had had sex, he could have been charged. But this guy (Montoya) seems to have a preference for young girls, if the previous charges apply to another relationship, so he may well have some issues...and 12 is just so terribly young, no matter how old she looked.
I would not be shocked if more charges follow quickly, as I doubt they want him to get bond. In an article I read today from early in the investigation, it said this guy was interviewed and released, period. Nothing about having an alibi or being cleared, etc...

Exactly ~ they probably took his DNA when he was arrested the first time for sexual assault!

It really is amazing he's arrested twice in recent months and would still continue the relationship. Something could've happened around the time she was killed that made him fear getting caught again and now that he's 18 definitely facing prison time. Ironic that the day her remains were found he's arrested for another count of sexual assaultl, which I think is like Casey being arrested for child abuse when Caylee was missing. I believe LE must have something on him, but not enough and want him in jail while they build their murder case. MOO

Maybe the proof was a pregnancy and he was trying to get rid of the evidence. :(

Quite possibly unrelated, so please don't get your hopes up.

Does anyone know what this means on a daily arrest page?

"Arrested for: 18.8.105 ACCESSORY TO A CRIME / WRIT ACC ATT MURDER
Bail: $0.00 "

It looks like another 18 year old man was arrested in Weld County (which I have found from my research is where Greeley is) yesterday.

I kind of think she could have been pregnant, only because LE won't say she was not...unless they are letting Montoya think she could have been pregnant...but you would think LE would put rest to that rumor, if untrue. The family, I hope, knows one way or the other, even if we don't.

I know this is kind of OT and probably not even important, but back when she first vanished, I checked FB pages of friends of her brothers and other kids in Greeley linked from those pages, and no one was discussing Kayleah, which I found odd...I know kids are totally self-absorbed but I would think something like this would be a huge deal, causing all kinds of talk and speculation...but they all just went on with their silly kinds of posts...not a word about Kayleah...I can't find a page for Montoya, there are just too many Robert Montoya's...has anyone else?

The fact her body was found such a short distance away from her house makes me think she walked to the creek with her murderer. Perhaps she and the boy went there to spend time together and things got out of hand.

One would think if an adult with a vehicle abducted her, they would have taken her body further away.

Did the boy own a car?

If not, I'll bet they walked to the creek together.

IIRC The older brother is full blooded but I think the little guy is the half-brother. One of the comments was taken from some guys FB about how the brother, M, supposedly said she had run away. IMO these kinds of rumors really contributed to a lack of concern about Kayleah's whereabouts and are partly responsible for why she most likely lay in a storm drain for months.

Disregard my comment about him being a full blooded brother. I cannot remember for the life of me why I thought that, but please know that I am frequently wrong and hardly ever know what I'm talking about.

But the older brother has a different last name, starts with "J"...that's why I am confused...

I kind of think she could have been pregnant, only because LE won't say she was not...unless they are letting Montoya think she could have been pregnant...but you would think LE would put rest to that rumor, if untrue. The family, I hope, knows one way or the other, even if we don't.

I know this is kind of OT and probably not even important, but back when she first vanished, I checked FB pages of friends of her brothers and other kids in Greeley linked from those pages, and no one was discussing Kayleah, which I found odd...I know kids are totally self-absorbed but I would think something like this would be a huge deal, causing all kinds of talk and speculation...but they all just went on with their silly kinds of posts...not a word about Kayleah...I can't find a page for Montoya, there are just too many Robert Montoya's...has anyone else?
That's sad. How quickly they forgot.

I'll go back and find the videos. Does anyone recognize him from them or from photos?

Montoyap1.jpg

IIRC The older brother is full blooded but I think the little guy is the half-brother. One of the comments was taken from some guys FB about how the brother, M, supposedly said she had run away. IMO these kinds of rumors really contributed to a lack of concern about Kayleah's whereabouts and are partly responsible for why she most likely lay in a storm drain for month as.

I agree - it's called 'hearsay' and quickly dismissed as such on threads before this one. Until we hear from LE that she often ran away, I think it is nothing but rumor that, indeed, was the reason she lay in a ditch for a couple months. This run-a-way carp is the reason no real investigation ever took place. moo mho

But the older brother has a different last name, starts with "J"...that's why I am confused...

Being old and senile has it's limitations.lol I may just delete that comment, because I can't remember where I read that. In the scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.

Being old and senile has it's limitations.lol I may just delete that comment, because I can't remember where I read that. In the scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.

No i t probably doesn't matter if he is her brother or half-brother...unless he was more loyal to his friend than to Kayleahand I wonder if it is his father who was the stepfather that said she might have run to California...just curious about the dynamics, I guess...

No i t probably doesn't matter if he is her brother or half-brother...unless he was more loyal to his friend than to Kayleahand I wonder if it is his father who was the stepfather that said she might have run to California...just curious about the dynamics, I guess...
I have like 8 kids with 16 different baby daddies and to them, they are brothers and sisters. I have former step and foster children, and the kids don't really differentiate. They've been raised as siblings and act just like full blooded sibs, and probably my two that do share a bio dad hate each other the most.
If M has the same dad as the 4 year old, his name would be Wilson too, since there were two Wilson exes! LOl Now I've confused myself. Again! I need a drink.

Reminder:

Members are asked to treat victims with dignity, fairness, and respect. Please keep in mind that family, friends, and loved ones are also considered victims.

Please refrain from sleuthing or casting aspersions on victims and innocent parties, unless and until an actual connection to the case can be shown or they have been named a person of interest/suspect by LE, or a mainstream media source.

Minors are off-limits for sleuthing. This includes posting links to facebook, myspace, etc. and/or links to videos of minors. If a minor is charged in the case, sleuthing is allowed, but only after charges and naming in the main stream media. The ONLY exception to this rule is minor RSO's.

If you post about someone and it has not been determined that they are 18 or older, you will be asked to provide a link. If you can not provide a link regarding the person's age, your post will be removed.

=========================================

Also, please remember that Kayleah is a child - too young to legally consent and definitely too young to understand all the repercussions of a sexual relationship. Kayleah's mom has stated that she did her best to stop Kayleah's association with the older 'boyfriend.' Please be respectful of this when posting.

We do appreciate your hard work on Kayleah's case. If you are unsure about anything, please just pm a mod. We do not want to restrict your creative thinking, but we do want to protect all minors and treat the victim and the family with the respect they deserve.

Please note that in some cases, a mod may give permission for a specific person to be sleuthed, or for specific information or social sites regarding someone to be linked to or discussed. If you're unsure whether permission has been given, please contact a mod *before* posting.

If you're unsure which mod to contact, check the listing at the bottom of the main page for the forum you're in, or PM/VM any mod and they will help you out!

The Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member