CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
HcG can also be found in the vitreous fluids, and in other places of bodies.

Postmortem human chorionic gonadotrophin (HCG) blood assay can confirm postmortem diagnosis of pregnancy or document situations in which HCG levels are elevated. In some cases, however, blood sampling is not possible at autopsy. In this study, HCG was quantified by enzyme-linked fluorescent assay (ELFA) in the bile (n = 5), vitreous humor (n = 4), and postmortem blood (n = 4) of five pregnant women. There were no false negatives in the pregnant subjects (n = 5) or false positives in controls (n = 34), enabling this test to be recommended for routine use in forensic contexts in which the detection of elevated HCG levels could be of interest.

Still looking.

Thanks pufnstuf- I was looking for a good article to explain this.

You're welcome!

I pulled out some old forensics books I have, and also found a page online. Each affirmed what the other said. That the uterus is the last organ to decompose, and is often intact in advanced decomposed females.

The reason that it would last longer in an early prima gravida is because the uterine walls have never been stretched, and there is hardly any elasticity in the uterus, especially in an early pregnancy of a prima gravida.

Very interesting.

Vitreous humor can also be used to get HcG assays...even if the fluid is missing. Sometimes the hormone concentrates in the eye tissue as the fluid evaporates.

Anyway... I'm very sorry if I grossed anyone out...

After reading this, I am almost certain that little Kayleah was early in pregnancy and was probably killed because of it.

So sad.

What's wrong with this picture?

Headline: 18-year-old accused of having sex with Kayleah Wilson

From article: Police have arrested an 18-year-old man for allegedly having a sexual relationship with Kayleah Wilson, the 12-year-old whose body was found in Greeley earlier this week.

http://www.kwgn.com/news/kdvr-kayleah-montoya-txt,0,7218317.story

I thought he was accused of sexual assault and arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting Kayleah...

That reporter's wording diminishes the seriousness and wrongness of what this man did.

I know! Jeez! On article called him her BOYFRIEND. Um, no, he's her MOLESTER.

If a person has previous sexual assault charges on a child, and then impregnates another child, he may well think of murder of that pregnant child in terms of getting rid of evidence that could garner him further charges of the same sort.

I would like to know if he was on probation from those previous charges, and if he was under any terms from that probation, or any other court orders, to stay away from minors, particularly if those terms spelled out the consequences.

I'd imagine that his attorney from those previous charges would have laid out to him in very clear terms what he may be facing for any similar crimes in the future, both when underage, and after turning 18. I don't imagine they were pleasant conversations.

If he has previous charges, and he's charged with a new case, he would have probation revoked!

Am very eager to know more about this case.

Speaking of Chanel 7:

Montoya was formally charged with sexual assault on a child and one count of sexual assault on a child as a pattern of abuse -- both felonies.

In count one, Montoya is accused of committing sexual assault on a child from Jan. 18 to March 28, the day Kayleah disappeared, court records said. In count two, he is accused of a pattern of sexual abuse of a child from Jan. 18 to March 28, the records state.

Jan. 18 was when Montoya turned 18.

snip/ Tymkowych said there were rumors of Kayleah's possible pregnancy but he couldn't confirm them. He said police believe the relationship with Kayleah started last fall, when Montoya was 17.

MORE: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23635628/detail.html

Discussing the parenting angle is fine, but please curtail extremes in comments.

Kayleah's mother has just found out her little girl's been murdered. She's stated she didn't condone the relationship and put a stop to it.

Let's stick to discussing the parenting angle from a constructive standpoint, and refrain from bashing.

Where this post falls is random.

Thanks,
BeanE

Discussing the parenting angle is fine, but please curtail extremes in comments.

Kayleah's mother has just found out her little girl's been murdered. She's stated she didn't condone the relationship and put a stop to it.

Let's stick to discussing the parenting angle from a constructive standpoint, and refrain from bashing.

Where this post falls is random.

Thanks,
BeanE

Well it should have fallen right on my head, because I did make an insensitive comment that I have deleted and I apologize to anyone who may have been offended by my insensitivity.

Important list of indications someone you know may be involved in Kayleah's murder

FBI Agent-In-Charge James Davis released a list of behavioral changes in a person that might point to someone involved in Kayleah's disappearance.

Among those possible changes that might re-manifest themselves now that the body has been found:

Coming up with an excuse to leave the area unexpectedly for what may sound like a good reason. (work-related, visiting relatives)

Missing work, calling in sick, asking to change shifts, particularly on days close to the night Kayleah disappeared or after the body was discovered.

An unexpected or sudden interest in the status of this investigation. Paying close attention to the media, or avoiding participation in any conversations or activities related to this case.

Minimizing or denying a known acquaintance with Kayleah.

A recent display of nervousness or irritability.

A recent increase or decrease in expressing religious beliefs.

Changes in routine sleep patterns.

Changes in their ‘usual’ consumption of alcohol, drugs or cigarettes.

Shaving off facial or head hair, or growing a mustache or beard.

No longer driving, or changing the appearance of his personal or work vehicle for no obvious reason. Leaving it parked in a shed or garage. Covering it, painting it, selling it or reporting it stolen. Giving it away.

CONTINUED AT SOURCE: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23635628/detail.html

Regarding the claim that he was arrested in 2009 on those same charges, it appears that information was in error. The stories posted on the link quoted (cbs4Denver) do NOT say that at all. If there was a statement to that effect in an earlier article, it must have been found to be an error, because their stories at this time do NOT report that information at all.

jmoo

http://cbs4denver.com/crime/homicide.ditch.greeley.2.1708784.html

I know! Jeez! On article called him her BOYFRIEND. Um, no, he's her MOLESTER.
According to Kayleah's mother he was her boyfriend.

According to Wilson, Kayleah had been seriously involved with a 17-year-old who was friends with her older brother, but the couple had broken up a few months ago.

Other than that, Wilson said her daughter is a typical preteen who has a crush on one of the singers from the folk band Celtic Thunder.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kayleah-wilson-disappears-birthday-party/story?id=10250877&page=2

Well it should have fallen right on my head, because I did make an insensitive comment that I have deleted and I apologize to anyone who may have been offended by my insensitivity.
Sure Puf, as long as you forgive me for mine, lol :blowkiss:
It's a hard line we walk here. To really sleuth, we have to look at the entire cast of characters, and yet we have to be mindful of the families feelings. Statistically speaking, the families are most likely to be the perps. Just because the family didn't trip my hinky meter in this case doesn't negate those who do question whether or not Kayleah even ever left her apt. I feel oddly protective of mom because I feel her biggest fault is that she never went to finishing school, and is honest and impulsive, blurting out her true feelings without realizing how people will turn her words around to bash her over the head with.

This is my first time posting on WS, but I have been lurking ever since poor Kayleah failed to return home from the birthday party. She has pulled at my heart strings from the very beginning. I live in a suburb north of Denver, and have done occasional work up in Greeley. I think I have even passed by the Wilson apartment, and I know the Greeley mall. So this is pretty close to home.

I was working yesterday, and a client there is a native of Greeley, and her parents still live there. She made an interesting point about the growth of the town. In the past year or so, there has been construction of a fancy new shopping mall about five miles west of town....so, much closer to Interstate 25. My client pointed out that now everyone shops at the new mall, and a large part of the old Greeley mall is deserted. In her opinion, it was almost a "ghost town." Just passing that along.

And this morning, I'm SURE I saw an early news report about the arrested 18 year old.... that he had taken a polygraph and passed. ...and in the same item, the announcer also said that there was no evidence supporting that Kayleah had ever been pregnant.

So I have been trying to track down the news video, and I don't see it anywhere. I googled "Montoya" and "polygraph" , and nothing came up.
Did I just imagine it?! Any suggestions on how to do an effective search? I certainly do not want to mention anything that can't be verified.

Thanks, and praise for your thoughtful ideas.

I remember learning alot back during Laci Peterson's case about the decomposition process of the uterus. Remembering back, baby Connor was fairly well preserved in terms of the state of decomposition when he was found because it was determined that the uterus had been the last organ to decompose hence his body was much more intact than that of Laci's.

On another site I saw a blurb about a local funeral home donating all funeral costs to Wilson family, as well as a car dealer giving April a car and a restaurant donating two days of receipts...FYI to those of you planning to contribute toward expenses...will try to find a link...

On another site I saw a blurb about a local funeral home donating all funeral costs to Wilson family, as well as a car dealer giving April a car and a restaurant donating two days of receipts...FYI to those of you planning to contribute toward expenses...will try to find a link...

A local paper, the Greeley Gazette, is working several organizations to help the family.
A local funeral home is also covering all expenses and a car dealership is giving April Wilson, Kayleah's mother, a used car. A restaurant is also donating two days of proceeds to the Wilson family.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=139448&provider=top&catid=188

Community Crisis Fund
The Tribune Community Crisis Fund is set up to help people in an emergency. Donations to help the Wilson family pay for funeral expenses may be sent to the Community Foundation Serving Greeley and Weld County, 711 8th Ave., Greeley, CO 80631. These gifts are tax-deductible and supervised by the fund's board. For more information, call the foundation at (970) 304-9970.
You also may donate directly to the Wilson family to help pay for funeral expenses at the Kayleah Wilson Recovery Fund, which has been established at U.S. Bank, 4548 Centerplace Drive, Greeley, CO 80634. These gifts generally are not tax-deductible.
To send cards to the family: P.O. Box 200376, Evans, CO 80620.
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100522/NEWS/100529907/1051&ParentProfile=1001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko