GUILTY CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy Hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #2

I got this text today....just wanted to share a laugh!

I'm glad they found the "balloon boy' on the ground. I thought Michael Jackson was in Heaven ordering takeout!

I think it's hysterical!!

Does anyone think he's basically a good guy who got carried away (excuse the pun) with his dreams, ambition and ego?

Truthfully, no. I think the guy is a huge jerk. With his angry outbursts, the outrageous potty humor he uses his kids to promote, and the cruel indifference he showed for his kids' well being while doing all the interviews doesn't give me much room to think deep down he is good guy. Basically, he is as narcissitic as they come.

I will be interested also in hearing if there were complaints made.
Were people intimidated by dad so nothing was ever said?
Do any of the boys have friends?

VB

Based on what has been said so far I don't see how these boys could have friends --not the sort of friends that would be worth having. It sounds like the family was practically destitute and could have been eligible for government assistance--lunch programs, etc.

I am growing very weary of hearing about the 'problems' associated with dysfunctional families and having those who produce the reality garbage seemingly making a mockery of any form of decency.

If the boys are allowed to use profanity at home I don't understand how they never use it at school. In my teaching experience that sort of behavior would have had consequences. shrug

What sort of community is Fort Collins?

ETA: from the 'Coloradoan'/Fort Collins
http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20091022/NEWS01/910220332&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

They are trying to clean up the historic area destroyed by fire/Estes Park. Good that emergency personnel was available to handle that.

The Heene's are apparently under strict court orders not to speak with the media--good that see fit to comply.

Looks to me like he got the business end of a porcupine.

It's such a small picture it's hard to tell. It looks like he's got a bird of some kind or a beard. :crazy:

If he had a porcupine in his mouth I doubt he'd be happy about it. :cow:

"In 1991 Heene was arrested for corporal injury on a spouse, but wasn't convicted."

I'm surprised we haven't heard more about Heene's ex-wife.

"In 1991 Heene was arrested for corporal injury on a spouse, but wasn't convicted."

I'm surprised we haven't heard more about Heene's ex-wife.

She's likely embarrassed to have the people in her life know this guy was once her husband. She might be among the few people left with a sense of dignity and privacy.

I guess reality TV should start making shows about people with dignity, now that they are sufficiently rare. Self-Consciously-Wacky, we got plenty of.

She's likely embarrassed to have the people in her life know this guy was once her husband. She might be among the few people left with a sense of dignity and privacy.

I guess reality TV should start making shows about people with dignity, now that they are sufficiently rare. Self-Consciously-Wacky, we got plenty of.

I believe you are correct about the ex-wife, fingers crossed. I am somewhat skeptical of those who have released FYI so far, such as comedian Sunda Croonquist/recently involved in a law suit filed by her mother in law for defamatory remarks made in her stand up act. Sunda said she had known Mayumi for years, shared pregnancies, etc and had long been afraid for her--wondered if she should have tried to do something. She thinks Mayumi should take the kids to Japan if loss of custody is an outcome.

I also wonder if Richard Heene had some illegal means of supporting the family--I don't know how they were surviving financially from his part time tile layer/construction jobs and it sounds like his 'science detective' schemes didn't provide stable income.

Thanks for all the updates ;)

No, he's not my dog. I found the picture online and my heart just broke for the pup.....

Evidently he's not the only poor pup to have a fight with a porcupine. These dudes will stay far away from porcupines in the future, I'm gonna assume. I guess it goes to show that a porcupine's defense mechanism is effective. :doh: :runaway:

maggie-iii-300x2251.jpg

This one YA HAVE TO FEEL BAD FOR. POOR THING. HE'LL DEFINITELY STAY AWAY FROM PORCUPINES IN THE FUTURE. :eek: That one isn't funny in the slightest.

porcupine-vs-pitbull.jpg

I wish I could have found a bigger one of yours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back