Conrad Murray trial -Day thriteen.

Dr Shafer said: "Everyday I get patients who ask me, 'Are you going to give me the drug that killed Michael Jackson?' "

Dr Shafer said he is testifying pro bono because, due to the Conrad Murray/MJ Case, people have become very
fearful of doctors and specifically propofol and that he wants to enforce that propofol is really a very safe, very
good, very effective medication, used by anesthesiologists... and when used appropriately & in the proper hospital setting.

Dr Shafer said: "Everyday I get patients who ask me, 'Are you going to give me the drug that killed Michael Jackson?' "

People have become very fearful of this medication that is really a very safe, very good, very effective medication, used by anesthesiologists...
(when used appropriately & in hospital hospital setting).

I would probably ask that question if I was having surgery too. Maybe not phrased that way, but I would inquire into what anesthetic they were going to use now when before I wouldn"t have had any idea of what any of them were.

They are setting up a video.

It shows someone being administered Propofol and going into a cardiac arrest.

It is just a reenactment.

They go through all stages including Dr. Shafer first is talking patient.

IMO

I got a kick out of Dr. Shafer saying that experts who get paid to testify do make misrepresentations. I wonder if Dr. White for DT is being paid? LOL

Aha. Now we know what the delay is from and why the long morning break.

Jean Casaras just said this morning the prosecution was showing the judge a video they want to show in court. 10 to 15 min video of a patient getting propofol, going under, having a cardiac arrest and how everything was handled, etc.

Def objected saying it's inflammatory and prejudicial. Judge watched the video and said it is very relevant to this case and the jury can see it but he wants some areas of it edited out. That is what is being done now while the court room is being set up properly for the video to be played.

They are setting up a video.

It shows someone being administered Propofol and going into a cardiac arrest.

It is just a reenactment.

They go through all stages including Dr. Shafer first is talking patient.

IMO

Where?

I doubt it. I actually served on a jury a few years back. It was a civil case, but it was ten years old. We spent half our time sitting in the jury room while evidentiary issues were argued, and it ticked us off no end. It is a waste of the time of twelve people. Now they are already taking a mid morning break; oy vey.

The Jury has been present to hear ongoing testimony from the witnesses and I don’t recall many times when they have been excused and had to sit in the Jury room for a considerable length of time while evidentiary issues were argued.

It doesn’t happen very often based on what I’ve seen of the trial.

JMO

Aha. Now we know what the delay is from and why the long morning break.

Jean Casaras just said this morning the prosecution was showing the judge a video they want to show in court. 10 to 15 min video of a patient getting propofol, going under, having a cardiac arrest and how everything was handled, etc.

Def objected saying it's inflammatory and prejudicial. Judge watched the video and said it is very relevant to this case and the jury can see it but he wants some areas of it edited out. That is what is being done now while the court room is being set up properly for the video to be played.

Beth said that the DT has had this video two weeks before trial began.:furious: She said the Judge was upset with them that they are now wanting them to edit it when they had ample time to do that long ago so the jury wouldn't be sitting out there waiting.

IMO

Beth said that the DT has had this video two weeks before trial began.:furious: She said the Judge was upset with them that they are now wanting them to edit it when they had ample time to do that long ago so the jury wouldn't be sitting out there waiting.

IMO

I understand why they can't know, but it's things like this that I sure wish the jury could be told.

IMO

Wow - ridiculous. Seems the DT has been the reason for many delays including postponement of the trial period. Stuff they should have been prepared for too. I wish the jury knew all of this.

Dr Shafer said he is testifying pro bono because, due to the Conrad Murray/MJ Case, people have become very
fearful of doctors and specifically propofol and that he wants to enforce that propofol is really a very safe, very
good, very effective medication, used by anesthesiologists... and when used appropriately & in the proper hospital setting.

I saw Dr. Shafer's testimony on this. No anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist want to induce anesthesia in a person who is highly anxious, since the release of hormones (adrenalin) can mask untoward effects of the anesthesia and cause major problems.

Dr. Shafer has an impressive CV.

The Jury has been present to hear ongoing testimony from the witnesses and I don’t recall many times when they have been excused and had to sit in the Jury room for a considerable length of time while evidentiary issues were argued.

It doesn’t happen very often based on what I’ve seen of the trial.

JMO

You are right this jury has been there all the time except when the court was dark due to Dr. Shafer's dad dying and because the state tested the lorazepam and the DT said they needed more time.

It really has clipped right along with full days 98% of the time.

IMO

I would probably ask that question if I was having surgery too. Maybe not phrased that way, but I would inquire into what anesthetic they were going to use now when before I wouldn"t have had any idea of what any of them were.

And you would trust them completely wouldn't you. Trust is a major issue and is very important when giving care to people.

Wow - ridiculous. Seems the DT has been the reason for many delays including postponement of the trial period. Stuff they should have been prepared for too. I wish the jury knew all of this.

Yes, I wish they did know but they wont be told.

The DT should have gotten what they wanted edited out before the trial even began.

IMO

Can't someone knock on that door & tell them we've been here waiting?

Hey!! We're all a bunch of addicts here, Jury Foreperson. We're drooling and hungry, Let's get this show on the road.....
icon10.gif

Yes, I wish they did know but they wont be told.

The DT should have gotten what they wanted edited out before the trial even began.

IMO

Yes I understand why they shouldn't know -- just annoying. As you say no reason they couldn't have done this before -- even as late as the past couple of days during the hearings when court has not been in session

Yes I understand why they shouldn't know -- just annoying. As you say no reason they couldn't have done this before -- even as late as the past couple of days during the hearings when court has not been in session

Exactly. They have met while the jury has been off. More than ample time to protest this video and let JP rule on it then so it would already be edited and ready to go today for the jury.

I know Judge Pastor and Walgren has to get so tired of these last minute complaints coming from the DT.

IMO

They are going to show the video to the jury once it is edited.

It has Dr. Shafer in it...so I guess he is the one that put it together.

IMO

I saw Talina's post after I asked you where -- thanks. I had the TV on IS but muted while watching live stream on PC and forgot to unmute it after break was announced.

pro bono? OK, but he is getting notoriety just for being involved and testifying on this case. People who have had surjury, may be familiar with propofol. If his patients are questioning him about HIM using propofol on them, then they don't trust him very much. Is it just me. I would be sitting there thinking (if I were on the jury) do you think I am that gullible and ignorant!!!JMOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back