Conrad Murray trial -Day thriteen.

pro bono? OK, but he is getting notoriety just for being involved and testifying on this case. People who have had surjury, may be familiar with propofol. If his patients are questioning him about HIM using propofol on them, then they don't trust him very much. Is it just me. I would be sitting there thinking (if I were on the jury) do you think I am that gullible and ignorant!!!JMOO.

I would tend to think that it is the drug that is not trusted.

I do not believe he needed this case for him to be known by his fellow doctors. He was to get an award this past weekend from the anesthesiologist group, unfortunately his father died.

pro bono? OK, but he is getting notoriety just for being involved and testifying on this case. People who have had surjury, may be familiar with propofol. If his patients are questioning him about HIM using propofol on them, then they don't trust him very much. Is it just me. I would be sitting there thinking (if I were on the jury) do you think I am that gullible and ignorant!!!JMOO.

I doubt this doctor needs any more notoriety than what he already has achieved. I find nothing at all directed at him personally about being asked the question he says he is asked now since MJ's death. Sounds very reasonable to me and equally as reasonable for him to feel compelled to do what he is doing.

As far as pro bono expertise for this trial, he said he has not been paid for any type of testimony for over 10 years and refuses to accept any. He doesn't want to be questioned that his testimony is bought and just feels for him, it is the right thing to do. (paraphrasing) So, it's not that he is after notoriety for this trial and due to that has forgone being paid. Nonsense.

IMO

*Dr. Steven Shafer has developed mathematical models to determine sedation levels and how much drug should be used for various drugs; propofol, lidocaine, lorazepam, midazolam.
*His research has formed foundation for this field of study / pharmacokinetics
*Has published more than 50 book chapters
*Has written more than 160 papers, articles
*Speaks on the subject nationally and internationally
*Professor of Anesthesiology -- trains other scientists
*First and foremost he is an MD - practices anesthesiology
*Is testifying pro-bono - does it because expert for another side in case he was involved in made misrepresentations -- and does not want to profit
*Specifically for this case:
-public / reputation of physicians - need to restore confidence that doctors put patients first - so patients are not afraid because of how anesthesia was administered in this case
-patients should not have fear - wants patients to understand that when administered by people who know what they are doing -- has nothing to do with how administered in this case

Mid morning break -- need some matters addressed -- will be longer than usual

They are setting up for a video of a mock operating room operation using propofol where the patient goes into cardiac arrest and what is done by people "who know what they are doing," to quote Dr. Shafer in earlier testimony this morning. (And that statement by him was a piercing arrow from this witness who does not accept any money to testify and hasn't for IIRC, 10 years or so.) What a purrrfect witness. Santa Claus came early for the PT. Ho ho ho.

That demo is, I think, why things were late getting started this am -- the defense was having a hissy fit (as we call it here on the southern east coast) about this video coming in. Apparently, the DT has known about this demo since 3 weeks before the trial began, but anyway....

So, go get your opera glasses, sports fans, we're getting ready to watch a mini-movie on how-to-do-it-right.

And yes, a picture is worth 1000 milligrams of words....

[I wonder if Dr. White is testifying and assisting the DT for free?]

I saw Dr. Shafer's testimony on this. No anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist want to induce anesthesia in a person who is highly anxious, since the release of hormones (adrenalin) can mask untoward effects of the anesthesia and cause major problems.

Dr. Shafer has an impressive CV.

I think MJ was in a severe state of paranoia Wednesday.

I wonder if the anxiety attack MJ had at rehearsals was escalated by 'stage fright'.

MJ's performances are electric and being exposed to a high amount of electrical currents at rehearsals could also have an adverse effect on his heart rate when combined with the powerful chemicals that he ingested. Maybe his cells released a toxic amount of electrical impulses Wednesday which his body couldn't defend itself against.

If they rehearsed in a confined space the atmosphere would be highly charged and I'm not sure how Michael could have effectively released this charge from his body but I'm sure the electrical charge would make him extremely hyperactive.

JMO

I don't think this exemplary doctor needs notoriety in his expert field.

No, because CM killed MJ with this drug it has left people unsure about its safety. I think it is good that they ask and the doctor can reassure them it is a safe drug when done correctly.

IMO

I doubt this doctor needs any more notoriety than what he already has achieved. I find nothing at all directed at him personally about being asked the question he says he is asked now since MJ's death. Sounds very reasonable to me and equally as reasonable for him to feel compelled to do what he is doing.

As far as pro bono expertise for this trial, he said he has not been paid for any type of testimony for over 10 years and refuses to accept any. He doesn't want to be questioned that his testimony is bought and just feels for him, it is the right thing to do. (paraphrasing) So, it's not that he is after notoriety for this trial and due to that has forgone being paid. Nonsense.

IMO

Excellent Post!

I think MJ was in a severe state of paranoia Wednesday.

I wonder if the anxiety attack MJ had at rehearsals was caused by 'stage fright'.

MJ's performances are electric and being exposed to a high amount of electrical currents at rehearsals could also cause an adverse reaction in his body in combination with the powerful chemicals he ingested.

If they rehearsed in a confined space the atmosphere would be highly charged and I'm not sure how Michael could have effectively released this charge from his body but I'm sure the electrical charge would make him extremely hyperactive.

JMO

That theory won't fly either. They rehearsed on the stage, it was not limited space.

I do not believe he needed this case for him to be known by his fellow doctors. He was to get an award this past weekend from the anesthesiologist group, unfortunately his father died.

Yes, a lifetime achievement award.

IMO

This doctor needs no notoriety. He has enough due to his expertise on the matter. If I were on the jury would have taken in how some experts who get paid make misrepresentations depending on what side they are testifying for. I wonder if Dr. White is being paid?

Asking whether propofol is the same drug given to MJ; I can understand why people may not think the drug is safe but as Dr. Shafer said it is a very safe drug when administered by those who know what they are doing. Obviously he implied that Dr. Murray had no idea what he was doing and thus caused MJ's death. That is what I would take away as a juror

I saw Dr. Shafer's testimony on this. No anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist want to induce anesthesia in a person who is highly anxious, since the release of hormones (adrenalin) can mask untoward effects of the anesthesia and cause major problems.

Dr. Shafer has an impressive CV.

Exactly. And that is why pre-op meds are administrated to patients.

Definition of IV - in the medical field it means intravenous
- in the legal field it means involuntary as in 'involuntary manslaughter'

Oh good he is going to let him see the actual evidence.

Good call.

I love visuals. Hope he gets to the spike marking on top.

ETA: Yes -- he did.

Definitions of IV:

-In medical field it means intra-venous,
-In the legal field it means involuntary, as in “involuntary manslaughter”

May his Father rest in peace and be so proud of his son!:heartbeat:

I can certainly visualize how he stuck that propofol bottle in the bag - spiked it - left the clamp open and it all dripped in due to carelessness of CM's part. Just hope that Walgren drives home the tubing from the bag to the Y connector is missing.

Ok, folks. The lesson here is that there is no way MJ could have prepared the syringe with the propofol. At least to me that is what I'm thinking.

Ummm....the video is starting now....hummmm, what's that sound, folks???

Oh my, it's the sound of the rubber hitting the road... and possibly that percussion we're hearing is CM's heart beating very fast...

Showing the proper and correct amount of eqiupment necessary for the proper administration of Proprofol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back