Conrad Murray trial -Day thriteen.

In the LAPD interview, Dr Murray said MJ hip joint slid out of the socket and Dr. S said they give patients whose joints need to be reset Propofol for pain management didn't he?

Once the joint is reset, the limb is usually quite sore and it takes several days before a patient has full range of motion.

Dr. Murray didn't say he gave MJ Propofol before he treated his hip and according to Dr. Murray, Michael realigned his hip himself.

JMO

When a bottle of propofol is opened the remainder not used must be thrown out within 6 hours. It his Dr. Shafer's opinion is that the entire 100ml/mg bottle was intended to be used or otherwise you would be throwing out a large amount each time opened.

I was wondering the same thing, about whether MJ had eaten or drank anything in the previous hours. I would assume he had water at least during that grueling rehearsal. So aspiration is a big concern.

No infusion pump -- without it the rate of delivery cannot be precisely controlled. Because of that lack of control; overdose rate is high and in this setting can be death; In light of those facts it was an egregious violation of code.

Pulseoximeter used completely and utterly inappropriate . No alarm -- not used for continuous monitoring.

I was wondering the same thing, about whether MJ had eaten or drank anything in the previous hours. I would assume he had water at least during that grueling rehearsal. So aspiration is a big concern.

Doesn't seem CM was concerned because I don't recall him saying if he asked MJ what he had to drink or eat.

Wow a drop in blood can create exaggerated response to meds but CM did not use a blood pressure cuff so no way of knowing what his blood pressure was and he was dehydrated.

Blood pressure is ALWAYS monitored when propofol or IV meds are used.

Another egregious violation

In a box, in a closet, in another room

Well there you go again, record keeping is not optional. Wonder if defense will ask this witness if that record keeping is just so he would know what is going on, and that Murray did not need record keeping cause you know he only had that one patient.

Without medical records family members are denied their rights to see what happened to their loved one if they cannot view the treatment. It is also violation of CA state law

ETA: Love the fact that he brought up no valid reason for not keeping medical records and the notion that it has to do with patient privacy is utterly false.

I keep noticing Flanagan looking over to White almost continuously thru Shafer's testimony for the PT.

At the last job I worked, a psych hospital, there were many times that a patient was paced on "1 to 1 status".
Even when a patient was asleep and not on any sedations, or even when a patient was awake and may just be reading...

... NEVER ever ever was the staff, that was assigned this 1 to 1 with the patient (and sometimes it was specified that staff
must be arms length at all times from the patient... & sometimes it could just be that staff must be able to see patient at all times.......

allowed to answer his/her cell phone, to text, or even read while on the 1 to 1 assignment... regardless of patient being awake or in deep sleep.

That staff member would be fired on the spot, right then!

Well there you go again, record keeping is not optional. Wonder if defense will ask this witness if that record keeping is just so he would know what is going on, and that Murray did not need record keeping cause you know he only had that one patient.
BBM

That's right. It's mandatory and the reason why there are so many Documentation Classes/Inservices.
There have been at every hospital I've worked. There's one at orientation when first hired and then yearly
or every couple years.

Written informed consent not verbal is a big deal here I am thinking.

"If it's not written, it's not done," was said by the cardiologist, IIRC. (I could be mistaken, but one of the State's witnesses said it.)

Yep, Thundar, it's a real big deal. I have a vision in my head of CM's practicing licenses with wings, just flying away from him forever.

Plus, no I. C. denies the patient/pt's family autonomy in selecting how he wants treatment to go and to be able to make an intelligent decision about it. Harmful, dangerous, very risky, or safe, healthy, etc. Which is the best for me?

This "patient autonomy" business may come back & bite CM in the arse. It sounds like a big deal to me, and some members of the Jackson family are sitting right there in court. Maybe that's all a part of Wrongful Death -- I have no idea.

Plus, I really liked his analogy of Dr/patient vs employee/employer relationships. Ooooh, calls to mind salary, yes?? Yes, sir, yes, sir, whatever you want, sir.

This guy is amazing. We need to clone him. Very good witness. And at his expense. Yes, his Dad has got to be proud of him.

]"If it's not written, it's not done," was said by the cardiologist, IIRC. (I could be mistaken, but one of the State's witnesses said it.)[/b]

Yep, Thundar, it's a real big deal. I have a vision in my head of CM's practicing licenses with wings, just flying away from him forever.

Plus, no I. C. denies the patient/pt's family autonomy in selecting how he wants treatment to go and to be able to make an intelligent decision about it. Harmful, dangerous, very risky, or safe, healthy, etc. Which is the best for me?

This "patient autonomy" business may come back & bite CM in the arse. It sounds like a big deal to me, and some members of the Jackson family are sitting right there in court. Maybe that's all a part of Wrongful Death -- I have no idea.

Plus, I really liked his analogy of Dr/patient vs employee/employer relationships. Ooooh, calls to mind salary, yes?? Yes, sir, yes, sir, whatever you want, sir.

This guy is amazing. We need to clone him. Very good witness. And at his expense. Yes, his Dad has got to be proud of him.

BBM

I'll take credit for saying that same thing, here several times. :)

That saying (bolded by me,above) is drilled into everyone's head who
works in a medical facility or even at a patient's home (home care).

I agree that Dr Shafer is a fantastic, awesome witness!!

Thanks to all! I love this witness. So passionate and kind.

When Dr. Shafer said that he thought CM was "clueless" in what to do to save MJ (this was the discussion re raising MJ's legs) -- ennyway -- the adjective "clueless" seemed to pizz CM off quite a bit. I saw fire in his eyes instead of the steady arrogant gaze.

OMG Dr. Shafer said he thinks CM gave the reversal agent for the lorazepam because he knew he had given him way more of it than 4 mg.

IMO

Geez. California has the ability to stretch what would be a three week trial anywhere else in the country to a 4 month affair. At least. This latest excuse seems particularly lame. Seems to me that most of the folks enumerated in that last paragraph would be available. I am always in awe at how much time is wasted on the left coast. Just sayin':maddening:

Hey, we here on the West Coast have time to waste cause we are hours behind the Right Coast. :lol:

just saying

wow! Putting the patient first. Declaration of Geniva?
We put patients first, when CM put MJ under Propofol he put himself first not MJ....
all paraphased. WOW !

I wish he could give the closing argument. Or maybe he just did.

:whiteflag:Surrender, Dorothy!! :truce:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back