Conrad Murray trial -Day two.

I'm at work so only follow on HLN when I get home. Was this testified to? He had oxygen tanks the last few months? Well then that's way before Dr. Murray was hired wasn't it?

TIA for any clarification.

I'm confused. My understanding is Dr. Murray was hired on May 1, 2009. Michael died June 25th, 2009. How is that a few months? It's a month and half?

In opening statement it was said that Murray started in April of 09.

I recall that, back in the 1980s, Michael Jackson was known to sleep in an iron lung machine like those that were used for polio patients. Jackson believed that the constant flow of oxygen would keep him young. Perhaps MJ was accustomed to daily oxygen use for this purpose. jmo

I one day hope we all find out the truth behind whatever it was that messed Micheal Jackson up so bad.

This is what LaToya wrote in her book and what she thinks.

She suspects a conspiracy behind his demise, a plot by his business advisers and doctors to work him to death with the “This Is It” concerts and then profit off his estate. She calls Dr. Conrad Murray, who’s facing trial for manslaughter in Jackson’s death, the “fall guy.”

She also offers insights into their relationship and how he cared for his three children, Paris, Prince and Blanket.

On her theory of what happened the night he died: “I believe that when Michael walked in that house that night, whatever it was that greeted him, he knew that his end was upon him. And as soon as he had passed, some of the very people he had expressed suspicions about now controlled his estate.”

I just want to keep an open mind for now and see what the evidence shows. I know most are already posting that Dr. Murray is guilty but I want to keep an open mind. I believe this is a complicated case and MJ's drug use started a long time ago. I watched a show not very long ago, where LaToya was promoting her new book and she said she thought Dr. Murray was the scapegoat. (this was surprising to me) I wish she would testify. Does anyone know if she is on the wittness list?

I saw that too but couldn't remember if it was LaToya or Janet. But last night on HLN shows they showed Michael's mom going into the courthouse. Apparently MJ's mom is sueing the company that hired DR. Murray so I am thinking she might not be thinking of Dr. Murray as a scapegoat.

Ah,maybe "cream" is code for code "milk"?!

ETA: I agree, MJ would not care about the cream since the world knew. So much so that you would people who would say - "I have MJ disease" when you met someone that had vitiligo.

I believe defendant meant the Propofol "milk" and all the other drugs and was simply trying to blame it on the vitiligo cream. Anything to get back in that house. Sneaky.

jmho

I saw that too but couldn't remember if it was LaToya or Janet. But last night on HLN shows they showed Michael's mom going into the courthouse. Apparently MJ's mom is sueing the company that hired DR. Murray so I am thinking she might not be thinking of Dr. Murray as a scapegoat.

Did that company also have a Life Insurance Policy on MJ., anybody know?

I think it is odd the personal assistant would hang out in the security trailer with security all day.

So info/testimony could come out that could bring new charges, is that correct?

Anyone have a description of what the video was? I missed it.

Williams drove Micheal to Dr appointments including Klines office and he also picked up prescriptions in the childrens names and in Micheal Jacksons name.

I kind of missed it too, but I think it was a voice message from Dr. Murray.

No they were talking about a video, and he had help making it. :waitasec:

They do not have the time lines in order which bugs me.

I think it is odd the personal assistant would hang out in the security trailer with security all day.

The only reason I do not find it odd is perhaps privacy for Michael and the children. But hey thats just me. :crazy:

jmho

No they were talking about a video, and he had help making it. :waitasec:

They do not have the time lines in order which bugs me.

He said his wife helped him, but then the defence later said something about a voice message that was emailed to the police.

I am an RN, and one very specific point about the propofol (marketed also under brand name Diprivan). Initially, it was used only as a short acting agent to induce anesthesia in the OR. After the patient was no longer conscious with the propofol drip the endotracheal tube would be inserted. Once the endotracheal tube was in the proper place, and the airway was patent, the anesthesiologist, or nurse anesthetist, would stop the propofol, andother, longer acting anesthetic agents would be used.

After some time, propofol started to be used for anesthesia for some procedures. Usually, short procedures of less than one hour duration. Propofol will quickly put a person to sleep -from the time the drip starts to th moment when it is stopped. Patients wake up very quickly when the drip is stopped. There are some important things any responsible practitioner knows about propofol: 1. The therapeutic dose is very narrow, and is based on the patient's weight; 2. 0xygen is used, usually via nasal cannula, and an pulse oximeter is used to monitor the patient's oxygen levels; 3. Constant measurement of vital signs, most importantly respirations, must be done until the drip is stopped,and the patient is fully awake. So, the main point I am referring to is that Dr. Murray should have been aware of the narrow therapeutic range of propofol, and the necessity of monitoring vital signs. I have not heard any evidence yet that Dr. Murray did any ongoing monitoring on MJ.

Finally, I am intrigued by what effects MJ may have had from receiving the propofol on a nightly basis. It is meant to be used for procedures in a hospital, and that would not be something one has done daily. The info on it says it is excreted rapidly from the body. But, could propofol cause side effects when used improperly -such as the use with MJ? iDK, but am going tp try to get some info. It might explain the tape played yesterday, when MJ sounded so out of it. Bottom line -IMO -Dr. Murray should have known not to administer propofol at home, and for the sole purpose of sleep. If I were a juror I would find him criminally negligent, JMHO.

Thank you for sharing your professional knowledge about Propofol. Having been administered the Diprivan drip several times (colonoscopies, cataract removal) I am aware of the inherent side effects when this drug is used for such short-duration procedures. Patients are not allowed to drive and are advised to not make any major decisions following such procedures because there is usually some residual drowsiness and incoherence. I personally believe that anesthesia-induced "sleep" isn't a normal way for the body to rejuvenate on a daily basis, and I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to have to "go under" in order to sleep every night. jmo

So info/testimony could come out that could bring new charges, is that correct?

The only future charges would be FED/DEA concerning the controlled substances he ordered. Of course the Medical Boards could have a heyday with this defendant on stuff but I believe he will not be practicing anywhere in this country again after the trial.

jmho

Anyone have a description of what the video was? I missed it.

Williams had his wife video tape the voice mail msg retreival from defendant. Screen shots of the phone and stuff. Pretty smart if you ask me.

jmho

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back