Could ICA walk??

I don't know where to put this:

I heard that KC looked upset when she walked in this morning and then Baez got up and talked to Cindy. Anyone have any feed on that? Can't find it on wftf; they have the opening but I don't see any of her being upset.

I noticed she is keeping her arms up most of the time and was thinking she might be mad at the clothes Cindy brought her. She was angry in the letters about the clothes as I recall.

Anyone?
I didn't see it, but my guess would be mad about the clothes too!

I have to believe those released would be those accused of lesser crimes - drug arrests, DUI, theft - she might have gotton off on the stolen check charges.
What the he77 is wrong with the governor - sign off on the darn loan the state legislature approved! Does he really think closing the courts is good for the state in any way?
Well, I thought the article said it would close for a few days this month and 10 days in May - not like it's closing down completely.

hoping, anyway...

loan was approved today 4.9 million judge said to reporters

Sorry for the O/T - Just playing through - :great:

Don't forget to go to the Yuri Melich thread and cast your vote for today!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Go to the 1st post of the first page and you'll see the link to vote!

Thanks all!

Perry told WESH 2 that the courts are 90 percent funded by mortgage foreclosure filings, and in the past few months, the banks stopped filing because of problems with the process. The statewide court system is now facing a $68 million shortfall.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Is it just me or is it a bit ridiculous that the court fundings are 90% reliant on mortgage foreclosure filings in the great State of Florida? Is it feasible that it's always been that way or just the recent few years that mortgage's have been a burdened issue in our country? IMO, it is a pathetic way to run a business. The courts operational funding should not be dependent on whether or there are mortgage foreclosures taking place. Good grief, if that's the case, where's all the taxpayer's money that is supposedly appropriated that everyone is always talking about? Something doesn't smell right with this.

Is anyone else deeply troubled and offended by that? And even the threat that the courts could be closed because of budget issues? Someone stop me if I am wrong here, but the courts are one of the constitutionally mandated roles of government, included right up front in both the US and every state constitution. They are supposed to get paid first, get cut last. They are one of the core functions of government. They are not supposed to be expected to be self financing at a local or regional level. They are something that the taxpayers are supposed to outright be paying for.

I honestly don't know, but what came to my mind while reading this is how much money we have sent over seas to help other Countries. IMO, we should take care of ours first. NOT ONE DIME should go over seas when our own Country is in need. There is NO excuse for ONE SINGLE court to be in the red. If we have it to dish out, then we should be able to take care of what is ours! :banghead:

I hereby elect you for president. Nuff said.

Surely the trial won't be delayed enough or anyone allow her to walk due to not getting a speedy trial. I know she'll be convicted, but wonder what she is thinking. Wondering if Casey knows this, or is just worried about LWOP or the DP.

Well, I for one, am willing to send $5 to the State of Florida court system. It's worth it in order to give Caylee justice. jmo

Perry told WESH 2 that the courts are 90 percent funded by mortgage foreclosure filings, and in the past few months, the banks stopped filing because of problems with the process. The statewide court system is now facing a $68 million shortfall.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Is it just me or is it a bit ridiculous that the court fundings are 90% reliant on mortgage foreclosure filings in the great State of Florida? Is it feasible that it's always been that way or just the recent few years that mortgage's have been a burdened issue in our country? IMO, it is a pathetic way to run a business. The courts operational funding should not be dependent on whether or there are mortgage foreclosures taking place. Good grief, if that's the case, where's all the taxpayer's money that is supposedly appropriated that everyone is always talking about? Something doesn't smell right with this.

Hey! Maybe THIS is the defense strategy! Stop paying mortgages so that the state can't afford to lock KC up! We know JB and the A's have both let their homes go into forclosure. Wasn't there someone else? Wow! maybe JB does have a strategy after all! :crazy:

Well, I for one, am willing to send $5 to the State of Florida court system. It's worth it in order to give Caylee justice. jmo

I've got a Benjamin for them! Wouldn't it be nice if we all just started sending checks to the attention of HHJP and put in the note section that it was for the KCA case? Lol! They might just be able to clear that little deficit right up!

I personally think that they should add another percent or two to the sales/room/tourism tax in the greater Orlando area (hush, I know how those taxes work,this is MY fantasy).
Even mark it "The Orange County Prosecute ICA Fund Tax"
My 4 trips a year to Disney and Universal ( love the irony there) would pay for it. Heck my kids cheezy souvenirs would pay for it.:twocents:

Yep ICA will walk.

After her appeals have been exhausted, and the Governor of FL refuses her families attempts at asking for a stay of execution.

She will take that long walk down the hall at Lowell correctional to a small room with a table. Her family and witnesses watching from behind a glass window. Then an EMT will begin with an injection of sodium pentothal, followed by pancuronium bromide, and finally given an injection of potassium chloride which will stop her heart. Then a physician will declare her dead.

From that point she will walk down another long hall towards a light where she will ultimately be judged.

So yeah ICA will walk.

Could ICA walk?? I would like to see her convicted. However, I'm bracing myself for the possibility one or more Jurors will have reasonable doubt. One can never predict what a Jury will do, imo.

The chief judge said it's possible that defendants could be set free if they are not given a timely trial.

http://www.wesh.com/news/27448809/detail.html

IMO this is scary! Thoughts??

Ok, wait. Didn't Casey and counsel waive the right to a speedy trial????? I KNOW I read that somewhere.

In either case, she will not walk. She murdered a baby. Of course she will not walk.

Besides, how far out of the jailhouse could Casey ever safely walk?? Do you really think the good citizens of Florida will be happy to see her???

Could ICA walk?? I would like to see her convicted. However, I'm bracing myself for the possibility one or more Jurors will have reasonable doubt. One can never predict what a Jury will do, imo.

i've already prepared for that.. i would actually be surprised if she DID get convicted.
it's very embarrassing for me to type this... but I came from a long line of alcoholics and family members who would drive drunk..
my cousin eddie decapitated a guy once.. hit himhead on and knocked his head clear off while driving drunk.. he did 3 years of a 5 year sentence (with prior DUIs under his belt) - my cousin kelly got off scott free.. she killed 3 people, her passenger (boyfriend) and the 2 people she hit while she was driving drunk.. she did about a week in prison til she was bailed out until trial.. then it ended in a mistrial that was never re-tried because her defense attorney created so much confusion and doubt about WHO was actually driving, even tho it was blatantly obvious she was because of her injuries.
i also have 2 uncles.. jamie and gerry - who killed people in accidents.
when i first got out of beauty school and got my first job in a salon, the owner instructed me to ABSOLUTELY- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES- tell any customers what my maiden name was... apparently my uncle jamie killed her son while he was driving drunk back in the 60's when they were teens and she still has a hard time coping because he walked away without any punishment.
as for gerry, i never learned the details.. just that he was drunk and hit some guy on a bike and some how walked.
my mom always told me my dad's family was cursed... and that's why she never wanted us to drink.

also, it's not just the defense we need to worry about.. what about the jury? how can we be sure they'll behave while sequestered for how many weeks?
i just saw a trial in my area... guy kills his GF's daughter.. it ends in a mistrial because of juror misconduct.. juror # 5 googled "retinal detachment" which was misconduct (using a computer) so the guy walked away from a first degree murder charge. however, he did have another (bench) trial and he got a lesser charge like manslaughter.

so yeah.. i'm kinda torn about what i think is gonna happen here.
i do believe JB & clan will create a complete cluster f*ck and jurors won't know what to think...

i hope i'm wrong..

While I agree with BlondeGurl that JB and company will try to create one of those cluster thingies, and stomp around pointing their fingers in various directions, and blowing smoke all around the courtroom, they will not make the facts of this case go away. There will still be a dead two year old who's face was duct taped and body stuffed into trash bags and then dumped on the side of the road. There will still be the smell of a dead body in the damn trunk of her mother's damn car. There will still be a mother sitting at the defense table who has yet to say what actually happened to her daughter, except to lie, lie, and misdirect the police while they were trying to find her. Regardless of what JB thinks, these things will have to be answered to in that courtroom. If he and the rest of the defense team can't give a reasonable answer to these things, I'm sure the SA will. Either way, I predict she will spend the rest of her life behind bars. JMO

While I agree with BlondeGurl that JB and company will try to create one of those cluster thingies, and stomp around pointing their fingers in various directions, and blowing smoke all around the courtroom, they will not make the facts of this case go away. There will still be a dead two year old who's face was duct taped and body stuffed into trash bags and then dumped on the side of the road. There will still be the smell of a dead body in the damn trunk of her mother's damn car. There will still be a mother sitting at the defense table who has yet to say what actually happened to her daughter, except to lie, lie, and misdirect the police while they were trying to find her. Regardless of what JB thinks, these things will have to be answered to in that courtroom. If he and the rest of the defense team can't give a reasonable answer to these things, I'm sure the SA will. Either way, I predict she will spend the rest of her life behind bars. JMO

BBM - Just out of curiosity, what would stop her from being executed, if convicted?

I think it's pretty clear that ICA won't walk. I think the DT knows it too and is giving it their best shot, but they are very focused on getting a shorter sentence for her due to her supposed, alleged contributing factors.
I think they might be able to pull it off once the jurors listen to the family on the stand. I think they will intentionally display the dysfunctional family dynamics for sympathy on this young girl.

I think it's pretty clear that ICA won't walk. I think the DT knows it too and is giving it their best shot, but they are very focused on getting a shorter sentence for her due to her supposed, alleged contributing factors.
I think they might be able to pull it off once the jurors listen to the family on the stand. I think they will intentionally display the dysfunctional family dynamics for sympathy on this young girl.

I agree and they are going to see George fall apart time and again. I don't think they will give her the death penalty UNLESS the State has the jurors raptured by Caylee and then take her away. I think the defense is going to say it was a beyond dysfunctional family and I think they will give reference to sexual abuse - they are going to bring in the tropps and try to save her from the death penalty. IMO anyway.

The US has the self proclaimed 'World's Greatest legal system'. Well the world watched OJ walk, PS walk, MJ walk. KC walking would be par for the course. And over $$$$$$. Impressive. NOT

Sorry to sound offensive but seriously WTH!

Well at lease we have some Justice here in California (and that's saying a LOT):

Scott Peterson - convicted murderer of his pregnant wife, Laci and their unborn child, Conner.

David Westerfield - convicted of kidnapping and killing 7 year old Danielle Van Dam

Alejandro Avila - convicted of kidnapping and killing 5 year old Samantha Runnion.

Richard Allen Davis - convicted of kidnapping and murdering Polly Klaas.

Mikhail Markhasev - convicted of killing Ennis Cosby, son of comedian Bill Cosby.

Charles Ng - serial killer who tortured and murdered 11 people.

Richard Ramirez - serial killer known as "The Night Stalker"; convicted of killing 13 people.

Cary Stayner - convicted murderer who killed 4 women in Yosemite, California.

Brandon Wilson - convicted in the 1998 slashing death of 9 year old Matthew Cecchi.

Now I can only ask - when are we going to kill these animals!!! IMHO, ICA will not walk!

MOO

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea