Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
She hasn't always been so honest.

Interview starts somewhere around 1:20.

YouTube - Crystal Sheffield interview 03/09/09

There are at least 2 lies in this interview.

And Ron was asked if he currently used drugs by Geraldo. He said no. Given that he took random drugs tests at his job at PDM (and had to take one to get hired), I believe he was telling the truth to Geraldo - he was not currently using drugs.

This is the Crystal thread, though, which is why I've been trying to stay OT and stay discussing Crystal.

For the sake of arguement, how do you decide which of her statements to believe? Using this logic, maybe she was lying when she said that she used to use cocaine. ..:waitasec:

JR was 10 months old when the custody hearing was held. Crystal stated she last used cocaine about a year ago. So maybe a year to her is more like 19 months closer to two years. She also states that she went into rehab for a week after she left RC. We know RJ was about 4 months old when she left RC. Why would she need rehab if she hadnt been doing drugs for at least two years?

JR was 10 months old when the custody hearing was held. Crystal stated she last used cocaine about a year ago. So maybe a year to her is more like 19 months closer to two years. She also states that she went into rehab for a week after she left RC. We know RJ was about 4 months old when she left RC. Why would she need rehab if she hadnt been doing drugs for at least two years?

I would guess because the cravings were still there. Stopping drugs doesn't mean the behavior or the desire stops. It just means you don't have access anymore. I find it very brave of her to want to change her life enough to be better.

We do not know busy what was in her mind when she made the estimate of time. We could argue about this forever but no one is going to change their mind. If you believe Crystal when she says he was doing drugs, do you also believe Crystal when she says that RC was doing them and that he assaulted her?

Because when she tried to get her partner to get on board with a drug free lifestyle that would support healthy children and provide a more loving family environment he kept doing drugs right in front of her and kicked her in the head (god, I even hate typing that, but I'm not naive, I get that people can act that way... sigh)?

We do not know busy what was in her mind when she made the estimate of time. We could argue about this forever but no one is going to change their mind. If you believe Crystal when she says he was doing drugs, do you also believe Crystal when she says that RC was doing them and that he assaulted her?

stilettos, sometimes the Thank You button is just not enough! :blowkiss:

I certainly do hope that she changes her life for the better and gets her health issues under control. I hope all parties concerned take steps to improve their lives and be better parents to their children, accept responsbility for their own actions instead of blaming others, and learn to work together as they have children together.

Oh, you're feeling better and were able to provide this video. That's good news. I hope your speedy recovery continues.

That is a very different link than the one you wanted prior. Kamky provided that one. Like I said, I had surgery, most people do not recover from surgery in a matter of a few hours. I had this link bookmarked and labeled. It was easy to pull this one up.

For the sake of arguement, how do you decide which of her statements to believe? Using this logic, maybe she was lying when she said that she used to use cocaine. ..:waitasec:

Crystal made a statement in the video I linked. Court records show she lied in the statement she made. And I am not speaking about drugs at all, here. I am talking about being served for court.

Busy, from your own post, it appears that Crystal HAS taken the right steps and I pray that under the stress of all this that she doesn't relapse. IMHO, the rest can't even admit that they have a problem...and we all know THAT is the first step.

Because when she tried to get her partner to get on board with a drug free lifestyle that would support healthy children and provide a more loving family environment he kept doing drugs right in front of her and kicked her in the head (god, I even hate typing that, but I'm not naive, I get that people can act that way... sigh)?

Hate to say this....but I happen to know that type of behavior happens all the time. My sister went through something like that. Dad was a dealer...exposed her to it. She liked it. Got pregnant and quit. He continued, never did anything with the baby. She left. On my neice's first birthday during mandatory visit he abducted her. It was about control of my sister and not love for his child. Believe me we know....from the child herself and what she endured. We found her seven years later. Without LE help as in the 80's it was not illegal for a bio-parent to take a child across state lines. We got her full custody. We had to locate him and then call police. He got away many times by minutes. Finally his rights were terminated and he spent 3mo's in jail and 5 years probation.

Yes I believe RC did drugs at some point in his life. I do not believe RC assaulted Crystal or abused the children in any way. If Crystal would of testified in court that RC abused her, and fought for her children I would give her statement alot more weight that she had been abused. Had Crystal not original told the world that RC was a good daddy and would never hurt the children and that he was not abusive I would also give it more weight, instead wait until custody situation is under way to make these statements just doesnt hold up for me. Crystal has changed her story over time to place blame on everyone else but herself for all her actions, so yes I have a tough time taking what she states as truth. Crystal was around the drug lifestyle way before RC came in the picture, Crystal was around abuse way before RC came into the picture. I am sorry I just cannot sit back and blame RC for everything Crystal has done wrong in her life.

I certainly do hope that she changes her life for the better and gets her health issues under control. I hope all parties concerned take steps to improve their lives and be better parents to their children, accept responsbility for their own actions instead of blaming others, and learn to work together as they have children together.

You and I agree on this Busy. Let's have a party! :bananalama:

Sorry we will just have to agree to disagree. Her actions after she left RC do not represent someone trying to maintain a drug free lifestyle, or drug free lifestyle around her child.

We do agree admitting you have a problem is the first step. However admitting you have a problem is not blaming someone else for that problem. It is taking personal responsibility for the decisions you have made. I hope she is not using drugs currently as well. She is with someone who was in that lifestyle at least until a few years ago, she had a party a year ago representing the drug lifestyle, so hopefully somethings have changed.

Busy, from your own post, it appears that Crystal HAS taken the right steps and I pray that under the stress of all this that she doesn't relapse. IMHO, the rest can't even admit that they have a problem...and we all know THAT is the first step.

Sorry we will just have to agree to disagree. Her actions after she left RC do not represent someone trying to maintain a drug free lifestyle, or drug free lifestyle around her child.

I hear you, addiction is always about recovery and relapse. Still, I give her credit for trying.

Stay on topic and leave the posts off regarding anyone who has not been mentioned by LE as directly connected to this case.

Hearsay or rumors read on blogs don't belong here.

Thanks!

We do agree admitting you have a problem is the first step. However admitting you have a problem is not blaming someone else for that problem. It is taking personal responsibility for the decisions you have made. I hope she is not using drugs currently as well. She is with someone who was in that lifestyle at least until a few years ago, she had a party a year ago representing the drug lifestyle, so hopefully somethings have changed.

Busy, I believe that ALL of them are probably around drugs to varying degrees and probably always have been and probably always will be...jmo.. I have NEVER said that I thought that Crystal and Chad led a completely drug free lifestyle, just as I obviously don't believe that Ron and Misty have led a drug free lifestyle. But, and this is just MY OWN OPINION....I see Crystal as being much more out of the harder drugs now, maybe she is completely clean..I DON'T KNOW. Ron and Misty on the other hand....by their own actions, behaviors AND rumors..not to be spoken here....tell me that the same can not be said of them...I may be totally wrong, but I don't think that I am :D

Stay on topic and leave the posts off regarding anyone who has not been mentioned by LE as directly connected to this case.

Hearsay or rumors read on blogs don't belong here.

Thanks!

OK, now I'm really confused.

First, what is an "A?"

Second, when were we doing any of the above?

BBM

Actually, in an interview with Geraldo, Crystal said she used drugs while pregnant, so that's not a rumor, it was straight from her mouth. Specifically cocaine.

In actuality she said when she found out she was pregnant she instantly quit, I would say for the safety of her baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther