CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #5 FOUND DECEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I know exactly what you mean.

Someone who would have felt that Annie was entirely out of their league possibly except she was so friendly to everyone which could have been mistaken as a flirtation to a person who was infatuated with her. Did she rebuff this person's advances in her outspoken way? She may not have much experience with this type of situation and with the upcoming wedding may have become very assertive with her dismissal of him. Of course, a person like that would have taken any negativity of advances as a personal attack. Jealousy and rage is what I am sticking with as a motive on this one.
perhaps someone who missed the boat on the same chances at a scientific education.. who perphaps thought they knew just as much as the scientists and held some sort of resentment???

Thank you very very much for this, LabRat! Ok, can you help me out with this then? In the article above, it informs it's a Lab Tech that works with Animal Testing at Yale...so they would be in contact with Annie at the Amistad building, right? If they work with Animal Testing, wouldn't they be "housed" there? That confuses me. I probably have tunnel vision...I already know. Maybe I should just get to bed!

Yes, they would. An animal tech would be working in the same facility every day. We also have vet techs (Yale probably does also) who travel to the different facilities to check on/ treat sick animals and to do the testing for the sentinel program. These techs would not be as likely a candidate for suspect in my view because they spend more limited time in each facility- I think they would be less likely to fixate on a student, have less familiarity with the specific facility, etc. They do do animal "testing" though.

It's hard to know if that "Tech that works with Animal Testing" is accurate or more media fumbling.

I think it is more that the reporters are using terminology they are unfamiliar with while trying to sound like they actually know what they are talking about. You have to actually know what you're talking about to be deceptive.:)
You do make an excellent point.

Please Labrat - don't ever leave us!!! Your contributions and expertise are so appreciated. If we waited for the media to get their terminology right, we would all be sound asleep. Lab tech., research tech., animal tech., prof tech., post grad tech. - their inaccuracies are endless. Now I'm wondering if LE have their terms right????? Thanks so much.
LOL LE can't figure out if they have a body or not. They can't even narrow down the term "suspect"! Why should we expect them to interpret Yale speak for intelligent life forms performing certain duties? :crazy:

question: does anyone know what year Annie was in at Yale? Was this her first year?

I've read 3rd year...but then all of a sudden today somebody said something about it being her 1st year. According to some docs in pubmed, it seems it could date back 3 years under Bennett. I'm sticking with 3 years.

Nurse B, all i have noticed is her name like this; Annie Med '13 iirc

I've read 3rd year...but then all of a sudden today somebody said something about it being her 1st year. According to some docs in pubmed, it seems it could date back 3 years under Bennett. I'm sticking with 3 years.

thank you...

I am just trying to calculate (and need labrats help again) but she got her undergrad (four years) and is now in an MD/phd program with a graduation date of 2013... four years from now...

I think I could see her being in year two at the most at yale...

I just am not sure how many years that combined degree program would be... let me go search a bit...
thank you JG!

and Annie had told people it would require 12 years of higher education

So are you saying that neither a PhD student nor a professor would have the ability to perform the same duties as a technician?

Of course they would have the ability, but it would be a tremendous waste of time, skill, and money. For instance, I have 2 animal techs and a lab tech. I could do their jobs, but why would I? It would take me the whole day to change my mouse cages- maybe longer, since I am old and tired and have roughly 450 cages. While I was doing this, who would be doing my work? There are multiple people who could do the cage changing or my tech's work, but there is no one else who could do mine.
Because of my experience and skill level, I also demand a high salary, so it is much better for the university if I do the work they hired me for.

Disadvantages -Time. The MD/PhD program typically takes 8 to 10 years to complete. By the time you're done with you're degrees, the people you started med school with are finishing their residency. Some may even be on the faculty of the med school.

Jersey.. I think you are right! This program is 8-10 years long! If she was a third year at Yale.. .that would put 2013 as her 7th or 8th year depending on summers..

Here is the link to info on this program (and it specifically talks about the NIH route that she was going)
http://www.studentdoc.com/mdphd.html

Ours work 8-4 Mon-Fri, with a reduced staff 8-12 Sat and Sun. There is a Veterinarian on call at all times.

LabRat, I found something last night, which is why I am so stuck on this Rodent Services aspect - I found they have shifts of 8 hours and or provide around the clock care if need be. I also found that the supervisor has 4 people that work underneath of him. I will probably take half the day tomorrow trying to find everything now, but I specifically remember that.

One more thing, I thought Amistad was not Bennetts lab. I thought Annie went there to work on her experiments, be it her very own or part of the research teams experiments. So, I wouldn't be referencing a Lab Tech at Bennetts lab...I was referencing a lab tech at the Amistad building. Is it easier to just say the location instead of calling it lab? It seems like "lab" is used so loosely.

And in closing, do you think it could be careful wording by saying "Lab Tech That Works With Animal Testing"? I thought the ground floor of Amistad is where the rodents and animals are housed...at least some of them. I was thinking mice would be kept seperate and contained differently than the primates. I have such an analytical mind and this is flipping killing me. I do think they are using the term lab tech loosely. I'm still searching...not giving up...looking for all lab techs in that area that I can find. I'm trying to find out which lab is directly above the lab Annie was using. Could this person shimmy down (carefully) through the wall? An animal tech person would surely know the ins and outs of that place, just like a lab tech would, considering the length of time and the quiet that surrounds them (if they are housed there like I thought). One would tend to wander and investigae...at least I'd think. Again, thank you for everything.

I think it is more that the reporters are using terminology they are unfamiliar with while trying to sound like they actually know what they are talking about. You have to actually know what you're talking about to be deceptive.:)

Thank you...that is exactly what i was trying to say in this post

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4159370&postcount=21"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Identified! CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #5 FOUND DECEASED[/ame]

but you said it so much better!

:blushing:

yes happened right around when annie disappered. some old guy -- former employee - complaining he wasn't gettin his pension checks or something.

I've been following this case- new to these forums. Like everyone else I've been curious about the identity of the suspect.

I do want to point out that the person mentioned in the other threads(initial Z) is actually a female so she really can't be the suspect. I know this because I read through the dissertations of some of the former lab members and they specifically acknowledged her with the female pronoun.

Therefore I think the whole chain of logic regarding person *advertiser censored* on page 25 of the 3rd or 4th thread originally posted in the comment section of another newspaper site is spurious.

There is however another person with the exact same initials also listed in the Yale directory, however there are no other details regarding this person.

one of the article said the clothing results could be back "monday" (not sure if they meant today or next monday)

One poster on the last thread postulated that this "suspect" could be in the box (meaning not being held but sitting in a little room sweating his a$$ off to the beat of LE questions). Not "officially held" mind you... but under a big ole' blue thumb.

YaYa, and I think a Kojak and Monk combo would do nicely with the good guy/bad guy duo. LOL

PS: I just learned that mice breed in harems :blushing: xox

Ok, well with you saying this, should I continue to stick with scoping out the Rodent Services people...or not? I do wonder if the choice of words was used deliberately. But if Lab Tech is meant to be taken literally, and if the poi's phone has been shut off, then it shouldn't be as hard as going through every single one of the animal testing techs...or whatever they're exactly called. :)

One other thing that I think you may know...this has been bothering me, also: Would there be a person on duty around the clock? I always thought there was, and they worked in 8 hour shifts. I looked up the manager/supervisor and he only has 4 employees that work underneath of him...so I do wonder how it would work.

Again, LabRat, you've brought so much light to this discussion. Thanks so much for all you've added.

Since I don't know the actual position of the suspect, it's hard to say. Our animal techs are not listed by name on our website. It lists the veterinarians, facility supervisors, managers only. Those lists on the websites are generally for researchers and students who need help with something. There would be no reason for them to call any of the animal techs. The animal techs take care of the animals, period. You might speak to the tech in your room if you were both there at the same time, but if you actually needed something you would speak to the supervisor. It is very possible the person's name is not on that list at all.

We have a person on duty overnight, but only one for all the facilities. If someone has a problem they call an emergency number and that person will go and help. Animal technicians and building supervisors work 8-4, Some of the managers work until 6 or so, I work til 7-8 very often, and the veterinarians often work quite late. That is small animal- large animal has some differences but I really am not familiar with that.

It just occurred to me- I hope nothing ever happens where I am. Websleuthers will have my name up in lights here before the day is out- LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea