Identified! CT - New Britain, Wht/HispFem 175UFCT, 17-20, Sep'95 - Elizabeth Honsch

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so nice to hear how compassionate he was. I remember hearing they did have leads outside the country but since then i've heard nothing. So sad.

I was thinking too that a lot of times "drug mules" are killed by the dealers once they're in the US. I saw a shocking documentary about it a few months ago.

he said they originally thought she was ameresian (sp), but once they got her cleaned up and as he said "put her face back together" they saw she was not. he still felt though that she was a foreigner. we talked about what she was wearing and that she had nice decent clothing on. he also mentioned there was a lead in california, about a girl that had been missing, and how the police were digging up back yards looking for her. he said that the police dept in ca. were not very cooperative as far as getting dna samples to compare. i wish i had asked him the name of the girl in ca. he also spoke of crystal and her sister and how their family has gone through 11 christmas' without them. i almost lost it at that point. it makes me so sad , these poor families suffering, not knowing what happened. :( the drug mule theory makes sense. a bullet to the head, not raped or at least nothing said about it, no identification.

Most of them are from South America. She was shot in the head too. Poor thing.

I have been a member of ws for how long and i didnt even know this thread exsisted omg i am from connecticut and from new britain and i live like 4 minnuts away from all of this for anyone who is wondering what shoping area it happend at it was on the new britain west/hartford farmington line it was near the westfarms mall. in the shoping plaza that has the liqour depo the car repair place. and the bank. they checked so many leads and nothing i think whoever this was was estranged from her family or something. when i have some free time im going to compare her pictures to year book pictures at the library to see if i find any matches. i will post up anything i find as well as scanning in the pictures that look alike for possible matches any ideas on what years i should be looking at? im going to start with 92 and work my way up to 95 they had 4 high schools at the time in new britain one public, 2 private, and one was a technical school i know library has up to 93 for that school and has all years for the other schools

I know the police in New Britain followed several leads including as far as Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands and so far nothing. I also don't think the police did a very good job at spreading the news of this girl because I can't remember hearing anything about it at all!

smile22 said:
I have been a member of ws for how long and i didnt even know this thread exsisted omg i am from connecticut and from new britain and i live like 4 minnuts away from all of this for anyone who is wondering what shoping area it happend at it was on the new britain west/hartford farmington line it was near the westfarms mall. in the shoping plaza that has the liqour depo the car repair place. and the bank. they checked so many leads and nothing i think whoever this was was estranged from her family or something. when i have some free time im going to compare her pictures to year book pictures at the library to see if i find any matches. i will post up anything i find as well as scanning in the pictures that look alike for possible matches any ideas on what years i should be looking at? im going to start with 92 and work my way up to 95 they had 4 high schools at the time in new britain one public, 2 private, and one was a technical school i know library has up to 93 for that school and has all years for the other schools

Thank you! I grew up a little north of Hartford and am very familar with this area. I was very curious as to which shopping area she was discovered at. Thank you everyone for keeping this thread alive. I alos don't recall this case receiving much publicity.

i just emailed Chanel 3 News (wfsb) and asked them if they'd consider running a story about her. I'm going to continue to try and contact the local newspaper and other news stations about running a story about her. I'll let you know what becomes of it. It's the least I can do. I'm so consumed with finding out about this girl for some reason.

my dad works for the herald as a cuirculation director i know he knows just about everyone who works there its very local new britain paper. i can get the info for you and then pm you and you could contact them or something, next week or so ill go start looking at yearbooks

it's been a while since I sent the local news a request to do a story on her.....but nothing so far.

Jane Doe in sleeping bag

Just two weeks before her body was found, authorities discovered a convicted bookkeeper floating in the Quinnipiac River, wrapped in a sleeping bag tied with chains and ropes. Despite all the possibilities, no leads ever verified the hypotheses. Only her cause of death remains certain. As indicated in an autopsy report, Jane Doe died of asphyxiation by suffocation at least five days before the truck driver’s chance encounter.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I came across a story today (linked below) regarding human remains that were found yesterday, and I wonder if this is the same shopping plaza. I'm from CT, about 45 minutes or so from New Britain. I've shopped around West Farms for many years, but I can't figure out exactly which plaza this story is referring to. I know there are quite a few shopping plazas in the vicinity. Do any of you fellow Conn. Yankees recognize the description of this plaza. Does this sound like the same one where our Jane Doe was found? I'm curious if there is some connection between the set of remains found yesterday and Jane Doe.

http://www.courant.com/news/custom/topnews/hcu-nbremains-0821,0,6388341.story?coll=hc_tab01_layout

I know exactly where they are talking about. I drive by it on my way to college and the location where the bones were found (Subway and Music Shop) is behind a shopping plaza VERY close to, perhaps even next to the shopping plaza where Jane Doe was found (liquor store). They might even share a parking lot, I'll have to take a closer look next time I drive by. They are both on the opposite side of Hartford Rd from the mall and about 1/4-1/2 mile closer to the New Britain line. It will be interesting to see if they ever determine who the bones belong to and how that person died, and if there is a possible connection to Jane Doe's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member