Identified! CT - New Britain, Wht/HispFem 175UFCT, 17-20, Sep'95 - Elizabeth Honsch

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's possible too, Taximom. I didn't think of that angle. But if these two are in addition to the New Britain Jane Doe, then that makes three dead women all found at virtually the same site.

OK, now I realize exactly where this plaza is located. There are so many plazas on that strip that it is hard to keep them straight. Does anyone know what is on the other side of the woods if you were to walk behind the stores and through the woods? That area is very congested and sees a heavy amount of traffic, although I am sure most of the traffic dies down after the stores close.

Murdered Woman Was Behind Strip Mall Where Remains Of 3 Women Were Located

By ARIELLE LEVIN BECKER | Courant Staff Writer September 7, 2007

NEW BRITAIN - Twelve years before the recent discovery of the skeletal remains of three women behind a strip mall on Hartford Road, the shopping plaza was the scene of another mystery.

A young woman, thought to be between 17 and 20 years old, was found dead in September 1995 near the plaza's dumpsters, shot once in the head and wrapped in plastic and a sleeping bag.

Police do not know if the bones found over the past three weeks are related to the death of the woman found in 1995, who has not been identified. But police are hoping the media attention on the new discoveries will bring the 1995 Jane Doe case back into the public eye and generate new information.

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-nebbones0907.artsep07,0,3122883.story

I spoke to a reporter that contacted WS last night about this case for about 45 minutes. I didn't get any new info. They were interested in WS and our interest in this Jane Doe. :woohoo:

I spoke to a reporter that contacted WS last night about this case for about 45 minutes. I didn't get any new info. They were interested in WS and our interest in this Jane Doe. :woohoo:

That's so funny! I emailed her a few minutes ago. I asked her for an update and sent her the following link, which I saw in a thread in the crimes section. I definitely think this guy should be looked into.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Trucker_Unsolved_Crimes.html?cxntlid=inform

This sicko is a trucker who committed offenses against women along the east coast. One of his attacks was in Chelmsford, MA which is off of route 495, which is off the Mass Pike, which is off of route 84, which is close to the location where these remains were found.

That's so funny! I emailed her a few minutes ago. I asked her for an update and sent her the following link, which I saw in a thread in the crimes section. I definitely think this guy should be looked into.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Trucker_Unsolved_Crimes.html?cxntlid=inform

This sicko is a trucker who committed offenses against women along the east coast. One of his attacks was in Chelmsford, MA which is off of route 495, which is off the Mass Pike, which is off of route 84, which is close to the location where these remains were found.

Great possibility! If you have researched and you can line it up, times, etc, and think it is a good lead, I suggest you notify LE and tell them your theory.

Great possibility! If you have researched and you can line it up, times, etc, and think it is a good lead, I suggest you notify LE and tell them your theory.

Christine, did the reporter tell you anything else? I also emailed a reporter from Chelmsford, MA who called me back. He said the police are being pretty tight lipped about Adam's trucking routes. I discussed Maura Murray with him for a bit (admitting it might be a long shot).

Christine, did the reporter tell you anything else? I also emailed a reporter from Chelmsford, MA who called me back. He said the police are being pretty tight lipped about Adam's trucking routes. I discussed Maura Murray with him for a bit (admitting it might be a long shot).

Nothing. :( But I have her email and if you have specific questions I could see if I can get her to answer or see if she can find out while writing her story??

Following A Trail Of Bones

Women's Remains Found Near Busy Malls Tantalize Searchers

By ARIELLE LEVIN BECKER | Courant Staff Writer
September 16, 2007 NEW BRITAIN - The shopping plaza down the road from Westfarms mall is a minor part of Kristen Berggren's daily commute, one of the many points she drives by on her way to school. What lingers is the thought of the four women whose remains have been found there -- one in 1995, killed by a single gunshot, and three more, reduced to bones, that turned up in the woods over the past four weeks.

"I wonder who these women were and what happened to them and why they were dumped there, especially that first one that was found back in '95," Berggren, 22, said. "I think about her a lot."

She's not alone. The discovery of bones in the woods behind the busy shopping plaza has turned it into a curiosity, a hub of police activity and media glare. Police spent six days searching nearly 30 acres of dense woods, turning up more bones but few answers.

Much more at link:

http://www.courant.com/news/custom/...6,0,4654548.story?page=1&coll=hc_tab01_layout

Websites and Internet message boards have buzzed about them. At one online forum, known as the Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community, people following the 1995 Jane Doe case have kept a vigil of sorts through their computers, trying out theories about who she was and how she ended up dead by the plaza's garbage bins.

Maybe she was a hitchhiker left by a trucker, some theorized, noting the location near Route 9 and I-84. Others wondered if she was from another country; perhaps that was why no one ever recognized her, why there had been no missing person report. For a time, some on the forum wondered if she was a girl missing from Cherokee County, Texas.

Were the other three women whose bones were found related to the 1995 case, or another unidentified woman found dead near a vacant factory on Myrtle Street in New Britain in 1991, killed by a gunshot to the head?

Sergeant Pearson of theNew Britain Police Department was kind enough to send us this better photo of Jane Doe

It is telling me that I don't have authorization to look at that picture. Help!

How can I see the photo? It says I don't have authorization. TIA :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea