Cyndy Short Press Conference~31 October 2011

I don't know Ms. Short's motives with this presser. But, I will say this, what an excellent opportunity to promote herself and her services:

- My clients and I love each other; my being fired was a grand-standing attorney's choice

- I have utmost faith and dedication to my clients; I will fight for them and profess their innocence even if it's on my own time

- I have a large caring staff and I stay engaged; I keep my feet on the ground working for my clients

- I am aggressive and compassionate

Maybe Ms. Short truly believes in DB/JI and wants to help find Lisa. Maybe she is making sure it is known to potential clients that she was not fired directly by her highest-profile clients, while promoting herself and her services to a much larger audience than she'd usually get. Maybe both.

Bye Ms. Short. Help find Lisa using your local resources, good on you (sincerely). You were dismissed, fair or not. Thank you for the final (I hope) press conference.
:seeya:

The family said we need to stay with him (Joe). Joe and her make different choices and have from the beginning.

Do you think JT is harming this case? She says they make "different choices."

Joe and her make differnet choices and they have from the begining

One reporter says it's highly unusual for a lawyer who was involved still want to be involved with the case.

I'm going to guess there's some level of Excitement she's getting off this case.. Maybe wanting to be the hero and find the baby...

"CS and Joe 'make different choices' ... and "we have from the beginning" ...

"Therefore ... he's IN and I'm OUT" ...

Hmmm

My goodness.. she sure seems to be enjoying this attention...

She feels the help needs to be there, on the ground everyday...

I don't know Ms. Short's motives with this presser. But, I will say this, what an excellent opportunity to promote herself and her services:

- My clients and I love each other; my being fired was a grand-standing attorney's choice

- I have utmost faith and dedication to my clients; I will fight for them and profess their innocence even if it's on my own time

- I have a large caring staff and I stay engaged; I keep my feet on the ground working for my clients

- I am aggressive and compassionate

Maybe Ms. Short truly believes in DB/JI and wants to help find Lisa. Maybe she is making sure it is known to potential clients that she was not fired directly by her highest-profile clients, while promoting herself and her services to a much larger audience than she'd usually get. Maybe both.

Bye Ms. Short. Help find Lisa using your local resources, good on you (sincerely). You were dismissed, fair or not. Thank you for the final (I hope) press conference.
:seeya:

I think Joe was running her through the night (on Rome time)-- she had to save face with her client base after all that malarkey. Eh, it's what I thought it would be. :)

:waitasec: So WHAT did we REALLY learn from CS's presser ? That her and JT had a "disagreement" ... and basically, JT "won out" ...

:waitasec: We already KNEW that ...

MOO ...

Enough!

How many times has she said the name "Lisa"? How many times did she talk about searches? This was all about her "rep" - see, I'm a good person, I was HERE helping the family while the big hot shot national guy is in Rome. Its sad that the family decided to stay with JT - but I just can't. wah wah wah wah"

WHAT ABOUT LISA? WHERE IS SHE? ARE YOU LOOKING? HOW ABOUT CALLING TIM AND TES? omg - I have to sit on my hands.

**cue Circus music as CS exits stage right**

Yeah, she's done all those talk shows too - oh wait, she hasn't.

That is EXACTLY what I was going to say. You know any of the morning shows would have loved to have an "exclusive" with her, yet she chose to have a local press conference and she's being criticized for that. Good grief.

:waitasec: So WHAT did we REALLY learn from CS's presser ? That her and JT had a "disagreement" ... and basically, JT "won out" ...

:waitasec: We already KNEW that ...

MOO ...

Well, she did say I believe they're innocent, and she said LE does have some leads she's hopeful about. That's stuff to go on . . .

wow..my immediate take... she does care about the family... she feels (imo) disdain for BS and it was JT who somehow forced her out of the entire thing... and she is (no matter how polite and well spoken and sincere she is/might be) bitter and hurt to be off this case, oops investigation.. (her slip, not mine) she was anticipating a case...

Who cancelled the interview with the boys?

JT cancelled all media last thurs and the interview on Friday.

it seems that she was trying to help the family use baby steps to get back in good graces with the community (she mentioned the vigil, etc) and JT came along and cancelled all of her plans (including the interviews with the boys) while he did national talk shows bashing LE from Rome...

Cyndy had kind words for KCPD

I feel like CS was handling this case as if the parents are innocent, while JT is handling it as if they are guilty...

I already figured this was the case, but what I am getting is:

She didn't like dealing with JT (can't say I blame her); she was making some mistakes that she could not yet see and JT called her on them; they got in pi**ing match; she asks family which one they would prefer - ie, do you like him or me - they chose him. She makes media presser to try to save face and keep face out in public, but really makes it worse.

She is not pushing "Please help find Baby Lisa" in this presser.

Did I get that right?

So bottom line: typical power struggle between the 2 attorneys, JT didn't like CS being proactive on the case and talking to the media, he wanted all the media time, and CS is jealous that JT spent time in Rome while she had feet on the ground in KC:crazy: j/k...

IMO this was a damage control PC for CS (which is what I thought it would be)...but on a good note, it did attempt to explain what happened with her leaving the case. But she didn't say anything that had potential to reflect badly on herself. Not surprising.

Maybe it is because the 'benefactor' is shelling out the money for all this and they want Joe. They have to go with who has the money to help. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aussie Aussie
Back