Darlie's 16 versions

What about the struggle? You either do struggle with someone, or you don't. You can't have anything in between.

It's heresay whether or not Darlie ever actually gave the version about waking up and seeing the intruder walk around as far as I can tell, she didn't give that version to police. It looks to me like she's pretty much always said she woke up from hearing the kids crying and the man was on top of her and a struggle ensued.

Lets define what hearsay is(again): Hearsay is being told something that you have no direct knowledge of.

Like Sam told John that Jim stole a candy bar. John can then say Sam told me that Jim stole a candy bar. John has no direct knowledge of the event. But Sam saw Jim pocket the candy bar. John cannot testify, but Sam can.

So when Darlie gives 16 different version of a story, then she is "directly" giving testimony, reports, etc. with direct knowledge. That is not hearsay, that is Darlie lying again and again to fit her "story" to the evidence.

When a liar is confronted with "conflicts" with their story, they change their story to fit the way the events "should" have unfolded, when asked questions based on a story, they give another one to suit the questions.

You may have minor differences, but not entire stories that are different materially. That is a hallmark of a liar.

Most of us are parents, we ask our kids(teenagers)where they have been all after noon.

While I was at Sam's house all afternoon. I called Sam, his Mom said you did not show up.

Oh did I say Sam's house it was John's house. I was there all afternoon.

What time where you there from?. I was there from 1-4.

Really, because your Dad saw you hanging out at the mall at 1:15.

Oh did I say I was at John's house from 1-4, well it was from 2-4.

Oh so you where at John's house from 2-4. Is that right.

Yes, Mom that was right. O.K. I am going to call John's Mom right now.

But Mom.....are you checking up on me.

Yes, dear, darling child I am. Because you started off by lying to me.

O.K., Mom I was not at Sam's house, I was not at John's house, I was at the the mall with friends. I know that you do not like me at the mall, that is why I lied.

Finally the truth.......

Darlie killed her kids and lied and lied and lied with her evolving stories.

Logic prevails.

It's heresay whether or not Darlie ever actually gave the version about waking up and seeing the intruder walk around as far as I can tell, she didn't give that version to police. It looks to me like she's pretty much always said she woke up from hearing the kids crying and the man was on top of her and a struggle ensued.

Kids crying or Damon touching her shoulder saying mommie, mommie, mommie? HUGE dif.

During the trial, did she said there was a man on top of her and a struggle ensued? I can't remember, but I don't think so. She was "frightening," remember? Not fighting.

You can't gloss over this stuff, its important. She goes from seeing a man disappear into the utility room to a life and death struggle. That's huge. She goes from not being able to give a description to saying his hat was on backward. If someone is telling the truth, it doesn't matter whose asking the questions. It doesn't matter where the person is, who else is there and how much later it was. The story comes out the same. Sure, you can add things now and then that you may not have remembered, but things don't appear and disappear. People don't show up in one version and then multiply, divide and disappear.

The only thing that can back up Darlie's stories is the evidence. Evidence that isn't there. Its entirely possible for someone to go into a house and kill or abduct a person and not leave any evidence. We've seen that. However, the people in the house where that sort of thing occurs don't change their stories 16 times. They're consistent. Darlie's stories stink to high Heaven. IF there was ANY evidence of an intruder, I'd err on the side of caution and say she deserved another trial. If the DNA evidence turns out to help her, so be it. However, if it doesn't, some of her supporters are gonna have to pull their heads out of the sand and admit it just as they would want us on the other side of the fence to admit something that could help her. I'm willing to be the first one to stand up and say ahhhhhhhh should the DNA evidence point to anyone else.

Kids crying or Damon touching her shoulder saying mommie, mommie, mommie? HUGE dif.

During the trial, did she said there was a man on top of her and a struggle ensued? I can't remember, but I don't think so. She was "frightening," remember? Not fighting.

You can't gloss over this stuff, its important. She goes from seeing a man disappear into the utility room to a life and death struggle. That's huge. She goes from not being able to give a description to saying his hat was on backward. If someone is telling the truth, it doesn't matter whose asking the questions. It doesn't matter where the person is, who else is there and how much later it was. The story comes out the same. Sure, you can add things now and then that you may not have remembered, but things don't appear and disappear. People don't show up in one version and then multiply, divide and disappear.

The only thing that can back up Darlie's stories is the evidence. Evidence that isn't there. Its entirely possible for someone to go into a house and kill or abduct a person and not leave any evidence. We've seen that. However, the people in the house where that sort of thing occurs don't change their stories 16 times. They're consistent. Darlie's stories stink to high Heaven. IF there was ANY evidence of an intruder, I'd err on the side of caution and say she deserved another trial. If the DNA evidence turns out to help her, so be it. However, if it doesn't, some of her supporters are gonna have to pull their heads out of the sand and admit it just as they would want us on the other side of the fence to admit something that could help her. I'm willing to be the first one to stand up and say ahhhhhhhh should the DNA evidence point to anyone else.

But the disappear into the utility room version didn't come directly from Darlie to police, correct? It came from someone else saying what she allegedly said. Yes, its a huge difference and it she told POLICE these two versions then she's sunk right there.

I don't see that big a difference between being woken by a touch of the child or a cry from the child, it could have been both, simultaneously. I don't see an inconsistency between 'struggled" and "sitting on top of me". What I do find is that her alleged struggle doesn't appear to be consistent with the magnitude of bruising she got and the lack of any stab wounds to the torso in a struggle doens't fit with the other murders.

I've seen way too many defense lawyers take minor inconsistencies from witnesses and spin them into huge conspiracies and turn truthful witnesses into liars because they said "dark car" "blue car" "could have been a dark green car" or the victim says "tall" then says "5' 10'' "dark shirt"
"polo shirt" "might have had a stripe in it"....

I don't see 16 different stories. I still think she's guilty and lying based on other things, most notably that the whole premise of an intruder is not supported by the crime scene evidence AT ALL.

You can't gloss over this stuff, its important. She goes from seeing a man disappear into the utility room to a life and death struggle. That's huge. .

She HAS to stick to the "struggle" story, because of all those bruises. If there was no struggle, how did she get them?

IMO those bruises are so extensive, (more staging which she didn't know how to do), it makes me wonder: just how long would a struggle have to last to get them like that?

But the disappear into the utility room version didn't come directly from Darlie to police, correct? It came from someone else saying what she allegedly said. Yes, its a huge difference and it she told POLICE these two versions then she's sunk right there.

I'm looking at her statement:

Damon runs into my right shoulder and says "mommy." I sat straight up and saw a "blur" of a man between my couch and kitchen bar. I stood up and Damon walked behind me. I heard glass breaking. When I got the entrace of the kitchen, I saw a man going into my utility room.

Medea wrote: But the disappear into the utility room version didn't come directly from Darlie to police, correct?

On the 911 call and in her written statement Darlie says the intruder ran into the garage, which would take him thru the utility room. She has also claimes this in every television interview I've seen (and that means all of them).

You're suggesting someone made it up other than Darlie?

I'm looking at her statement:

Damon runs into my right shoulder and says "mommy." I sat straight up and saw a "blur" of a man between my couch and kitchen bar. I stood up and Damon walked behind me. I heard glass breaking. When I got the entrace of the kitchen, I saw a man going into my utility room.

Okay, if that is accurate then there it is: a material inconsistency that cannot be explained by faulty memory or using different words, stressing different parts of what happened.

Okay, if that is accurate then there it is: a material inconsistency that cannot be explained by faulty memory or using different words, stressing different parts of what happened.

Its from Christopher Brown's book "Media Tried Justice Denied" on page 3 under the heading "In Her Own Words." Later in the statement she says:

"Darin then went out the front door to get neighbors. A second officer arrives and I tell both officers a man went out the utility room." Pg. 4.

She also draws a diagram of her own injuries. She claims that there are stabcuts across left three fingers and thumb on side and then says "Maybe I tried to grab the knife."

Well where are the pictures of those "stabcuts" on her left hand? I don't remember seeing any "stabcuts" on her left hand or on any of her hands.

My issue with her wounds is that if an intruder is on top of you, and you are struggling enough that your arms end up being one long, uninterrupted black bruise, wouldn't it stand to reason there would have been stab wounds to the torso? Wouldnt the intruder go for the gut in order to disable her in order to then slit her throat?

My issue with her wounds is that if an intruder is on top of you, and you are struggling enough that your arms end up being one long, uninterrupted black bruise, wouldn't it stand to reason there would have been stab wounds to the torso? Wouldnt the intruder go for the gut in order to disable her in order to then slit her throat?

She never puts him on top of her in this one statement. However, she changes her story when friends and family asked her about what happened. They had a specific question and she fit the events to ensure that they believed her story. So, she can't now say she ever fought with the guy. She can't claim the bruises came from an intruder. Her bruises are irrelevant then because they just magically appeared.

Jeana (DP) She also draws a diagram of her own injuries. She claims that there are stabcuts across left three fingers and thumb on side and then says "Maybe I tried to grab the knife." Well where are the pictures of those "stabcuts" on her left hand? I don't remember seeing any "stabcuts" on her left hand or on any of her hands.[/QUOTE said:
Just found pics of cuts to left hand

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Evidence/TrialExhibits/def_87.jpg

the injuries do look like they could have come from grabbing a knife.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but in my experience in the deaths of my father and brother, in that moment and the ones that followed through out the services, time stood still. When I think of my dad, the first image I have is him laying on the table in the ER, after they pronouced him dead. Then I think of my brother, the first image of the paramedics carrying him out of the house.

I just think that if someone broke into your home in the middle of the night and killed your babies, you would remember every detail of that person...color of clothes,hat on backwards or front facing, and expecially if you were to wake up to that person on top of you with you struggling, you would definately remember their eyes. I would think you would never be able to get those eyes out of your memory.

Just FWIW

Oh Browneyedgirl, I am so sorry those are the images you have burned into your brain. Thank you for your insights.

What does Darin think? Has he stood by Darlie this whole time? Are they still married?
I think Darlie is guilty, guilty, guilty. There is no reason for anyone to give that many accounts of an event you participated in unless you are lying. Not to mention she is engaged in this momentous struggle but nothing is broken or hardly out of place. I think a flower vase was tipped over. And if the perp ran out to back door then when did he have time to go over to the sink and try to clean up? LE found evidence that the sink had been wiped out and a clean up attempt had been made.

I have always thought she got all of those extensive bruises when she was murdering her children. She was using all of her force to stab that knife into their body and every time she did it her forearms would come into contact with their bodies, against their bones, their heads, probably objects around, the table, etc. I am sure they were also fighting back. Does anyone else think that is possible? The extensive bruising on her arms bothers me but I think this might explain it.

Oh Browneyedgirl, I am so sorry those are the images you have burned into your brain. Thank you for your insights.

What does Darin think? Has he stood by Darlie this whole time? Are they still married?
I think Darlie is guilty, guilty, guilty. There is no reason for anyone to give that many accounts of an event you participated in unless you are lying. Not to mention she is engaged in this momentous struggle but nothing is broken or hardly out of place. I think a flower vase was tipped over. And if the perp ran out to back door then when did he have time to go over to the sink and try to clean up? LE found evidence that the sink had been wiped out and a clean up attempt had been made.

I have always thought she got all of those extensive bruises when she was murdering her children. She was using all of her force to stab that knife into their body and every time she did it her forearms would come into contact with their bodies, against their bones, their heads, probably objects around, the table, etc. I am sure they were also fighting back. Does anyone else think that is possible? The extensive bruising on her arms bothers me but I think this might explain it.

Thx Gaia, and I agree with you. I think she did obtain those bruises by committing the murders. I've always been confused by the sock....I don't know if Darin was involved in the actual murders but, I've always wondered if he didn't put the sock in the alley.

I seen an interview on TV recently in which the interviewer asks her if she still thinks that Darin is innocent or if she believes that he was the one that attacked her and the kids and her answer leads you to believe that she is now placing the blame on Darin. I wonder how he feels about that?

I've always felt that Darin should be tried as weel as Darlie. I also feel that way about Rusty Yates as I believe him to be actually more responsible for the deaths of his 5 children that Andrea. He knew her mental state and her history and yet, he agreed, probably somewhat insisted that Andrea have another baby and then chose to leave her home with the kids for an hour before his mother was due to arrive, thinking that she "would enjoy some privacy".

What about the struggle? You either do struggle with someone, or you don't. You can't have anything in between.

That is true. What is really weird to me is that 'being attacked' was so MUCH a part of the whole storyline for obvious reasons (we can all see her wounds) be she never really seems to have a real good recollection of this. She tries, but it never is clear. You'd think that if she staged this she would have that story STRAIGHT. I woke up and there was a man holding a knife and I was able to do this and he did that and so on and so forth. Maybe, she was very very groggy if it did happen and REALLY can't remember too much of anything until she was up for awhile. That stab wound on her arm went through into the bone marrow and was leaking marrow into her arm. That would have to take a bit of force.

That is true. What is really weird to me is that 'being attacked' was so MUCH a part of the whole storyline for obvious reasons (we can all see her wounds) be she never really seems to have a real good recollection of this. She tries, but it never is clear. You'd think that if she staged this she would have that story STRAIGHT. I woke up and there was a man holding a knife and I was able to do this and he did that and so on and so forth. Maybe, she was very very groggy if it did happen and REALLY can't remember too much of anything until she was up for awhile. That stab wound on her arm went through into the bone marrow and was leaking marrow into her arm. That would have to take a bit of force.

Or that it proves she tries sooo hard to remember what lies she told to whom. I think there is enough proof in the 8+ stories she told about that night afterwards. She changes her story to fit the person asking the questions and what they are already aware of.

If she was attacked, you are right - the story would not change no matter how many times she told it. IMHO only :)

Is anyone besides me seeing some sort of pattern here? We're not even to Story No. 4, not even 10 lines into the text and we've already got three different versions of just how it was that Darlie became aware that something wasn't right in Darlieville.

Oh yeah absolutely. She's realizing her initial story isn't holding water with her friends and family so she's changing her story as they become aware of things or question her about her memory of that night.

<<the injuries do look like they could have come from grabbing a knife.>>

While wielding a knife in your left hand ala OJ.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back