DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been puzzled as to why DDW (and his crew, as I do not believe he acted alone) would target a house with so many cars in the driveway and garage.
To the DC folks here Do all houses in the area have multiple cars parked in the driveway parking pad all the time?

Wouldn't that indicate that someone was probably in the house? Wouldn't you pick a house with no cars in the driveway if you were just after material goods to fence?

Revenge and stolen goods IMO.

The window pane was broken near the lock. fox5

As far as the security system, no one keeps the security system on during the day. I'm home right now and I turned the alarm off when I woke up at 5 to let my doggie out in the yard. I came back upstairs without re-arming the alarm. Most people just don't during the day unless they are leaving out. We mostly use the alarm at night.

I've been puzzled as to why DDW (and his crew, as I do not believe he acted alone) would target a house with so many cars in the driveway and garage.
To the DC folks here Do all houses in the area have multiple cars parked in the driveway parking pad all the time?

Wouldn't that indicate that someone was probably in the house? Wouldn't you pick a house with no cars in the driveway if you were just after material goods to fence?

Revenge and stolen goods IMO.

CNN reported last week that LE believes the suspect(s) watched the house for a period of time. This allowed them to get an idea of what a typical weekday routine would be and of the cars that were typically in the garage/driveway/street

If they watched the house for a long time, they wouldn't have had to break a window to get in. They would have known that the housekeepers come and go, the dogs are walked, PS goes to school, etc.

If they watched the house for a long time, they wouldn't have had to break a window to get in. They would have known that the housekeepers come and go, the dogs are walked, PS goes to school, etc.

Front door is visible from the street. So if they gone through the front door, somebody might have seen it.

CNN reported last week that LE believes the suspect(s) watched the house for a period of time. This allowed them to get an idea of what a typical weekday routine would be and of the cars that were typically in the garage/driveway/street

Thanks for that info.
I read the posts from the DC sleuthers who said DDW would stick out like a sore thumb in the area, and they would have been noticed by residents.
So where could DDW and the crew have been watching to observe if "hanging out" was not an option?

From an adjacent house?
From a delivery type truck?
Did they steal a utility type truck ( cable TV, phone, electric, water ) and sit in it for hours? Certainly a vehicle would be on some camera somewhere.

For some reason "red lined bag" keeps sticking out at me. A bank bag is easy to say. Why a "red lined bag"? I keep thinking it was a designer bag.

As far as the security system, no one keeps the security system on during the day. I'm home right now and I turned the alarm off when I woke up at 5 to let my doggie out in the yard. I came back upstairs without re-arming the alarm. Most people just don't during the day unless they are leaving out. We mostly use the alarm at night.

Exactly, especially with a housekeeper and dogs and a 10 year old. I know that some alarms will, beep beep beep upon exit and enter but it is not alarmed as you say. jmo idk

Exactly, especially with a housekeeper and dogs and a 10 year old. I know that some alarms will, beep beep beep upon exit and enter but it is not alarmed as you say. jmo idk
Yep, mine says "front door" or "kitchen door" when it's opened or closed.

For some reason "red lined bag" keeps sticking out at me. A bank bag is easy to say. Why a "red lined bag"? I keep thinking it was a designer bag.

That is what the CD calls it--the bag that JW in his revised version says he brought to the bank. But do they mean a red bag that is lined inside? Or that the lining is red? Or that it is a red bag with lines on it?

Not that important, but unless it is just bad writing, these articles seem to suggest there are two doors with signs of forced entry:

From DailyMail: "Two key pieces of evidence that point to a forced entry are a photo showing an apparent boot print on French doors and a broken window on a side door, reported ABC News"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-CEO-s-assistant-delivered-ransom-money.html

From ABC News: "The documents include a picture obtained by ABC News that shows an apparent boot print on a set of French doors and a broken window pane ...."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/signs-forced-entry-found-dc-mansion-murder-case/story?id=31506751

It could be bad writing, but does it suggest two separate signs/areas of forced entry?

In my mind, I assumed the boot print and the broken pane were in the same area, especially if the doors were traditional french doors like I pictured. But, after seeing the picture of what the SW is calling french doors, maybe the window pane could be elsewhere.

I read this as "two pieces of key evidence" are #1 the boot print and #2 the broken window.

That is what the CD calls it--the bag that JW in his revised version says he brought to the bank. But do they mean a red bag that is lined inside? Or that the lining is red? Or that it is a red bag with lines on it?

oh see I am thinking the lining is red inside of the bag.

Knowing that PS hadn't turned over his phone at the time he was interviewed, I'm thinking that W2 went to LE as a Crime Stopper. I don't know how else LE could have the text and photos of the money to W2 before JW showed LE his phone and before the search warrants were granted.

W1 showed LE his phone with the messages. It's in the affidavit. Where does it say LE had texts and photos of the money before W1 showed them his phone?

Thanks for that info.
I read the posts from the DC sleuthers who said DDW would stick out like a sore thumb in the area, and they would have been noticed by residents.
So where could DDW and the crew have been watching to observe if "hanging out" was not an option?

From an adjacent house?
From a delivery type truck?
Did they steal a utility type truck ( cable TV, phone, electric, water ) and sit in it for hours? Certainly a vehicle would be on some camera somewhere.

I have a hard time believing he could case the house without being observed. 32nd Street curves around before it reaches Woodland so you can't see anything if you are back at the busy intersection at Cleveland Ave. So he would have to observe from somewhere in Mass Ave Heights and as I've written before, its pretty deserted there and he would absolutely stick out. He would have to try to pass as some kind of laborer but then what would he do -- stand around? Walk up and down the street? Whatever happened to the vacuum cleaner salesman?

I'm of two minds here. This may have been DW tracking down the address and just showing up, with others or by himself. I think thats quite possible. But then again, the duct tape, the gasoline, stealing the video system's dvr (and where is that?), make it seemed like it was planned out and if that was the case, I think there's someone else who is either on the inside or cased the home. And that someone else has or had all the missing items like the cell phones. The guy running from the Porsche was not carrying a dvr. I'm on the fence about JW. His behavior -- lying, having something on his cell phone LE wants, (how did he know the specific amount of money? He could have been told when it was handed to him, he could have counted it, but I do wonder) -- is in some way incriminating, but in other ways he does not act like a guy who is implicated -- the texts to the family when he heard of the fire, for example. If he's involved its a Fargo like situation.

I come back to the cell phones. They weren't stolen for their value, not with everything else in the house. They were either taken because they were seen as a record of the crime (with DW not understanding that the communications could be reconstructed), or a record of incriminating communications before the crime, or because it was thought they could be used as a tool to get more money. But I have trouble believing anyone doesn't know that cell phones can be traced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther