DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
W1 showed LE his phone with the messages. It's in the affidavit. Where does it say LE had texts and photos of the money before W1 showed them his phone?

From SS, not W2: "During the interview, W-1 showed detectives a number of text messages and incoming and outgoing calls with Mr. Savopoulos."

DVr and phones could have been dropped off, thrown into trash, or stored somewhere before the guy is seen on video running away. The video is taken hours after Porsche was seen being driven away from the scene.

From SS, not W2: "During the interview, W-1 showed detectives a number of text messages and incoming and outgoing calls with Mr. Savopoulos."

He showed them his phone. If the messages to W2 were in between messages to SS (which we know they would be, because of the timeline), police would see that.

He showed them his phone. If the messages to W2 were in between messages to SS (which we know they would be, because of the timeline), police would see that.

LE doesn't just say they showed them messages but showed them messages specifically from SS. At least how my phone works the messages are in folders not where you get messages from everyone on one big thread all jumbled together.

The fifth search warrant says a shoe or boot print was found by investigators on one of the Savopoulos home's French-style doors, suggesting there was forced entry into the house. The door had a single broken window pane and had suffered damage near the lock. Investigators are now searching for any shoe or boot with a similar tread pattern.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/0...c-mansion-murders-case/?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fn

The doors have a single broken window pane located next to a door latch and alarm sensor. #5

https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/2w6y1f85c4i7y58/images/6-902fdb82a8.jpg

MPD detectives are likely going through the key players' and any of their business ventures (like the BRC) finances. Something tells me that MPD will be looking for any recent large cash installments.

THEORY:
I can't help thinking that someone was already extorting money from SS or even AS. The hiring of this assistant, who was fired from a go kart track, who fluffs his bio, publicly shows off pics of his bosses possessions and who lies to police, might have been seen as the lesser of two evils. If said assistant wasn't getting what he wanted or getting it fast enough, it could have led to this horrible outcome. Perhaps the assistant associated with the likes of DW or DW made a point to listen in for the details.

POSSIBLE THEORY: Possibly, the assistant was always meant to get part of the $40,000 and Wint somehow knew that a large amount of money would be there for the taking. But, he could have just staged a robbery of the assistant. But, he did seem to hold a grudge so who knows... I do believe that DW somehow knew or knew of the assistant.

ETA (Edited to Add) I'm thinking some sort of blackmail was already established. If an audit is done of the Assistant and his business, it may show that his spending/purchases far exceeded any income from either his job, race proceeds, or BRC income.

Red bag belonged to W1
If W1 place money in an envelope, he must have the bag
Why would he leave it behind?

Re taking the cell phones. It was reported that DW wore gloves - I guess because they didn't find any fingerprints. But if the perps were making some of the texts or dialing the phones themselves because SS and Amy were tied up, if they were Iphones for example, you can't do that wearing gloves. The touch features won't respond. Maybe they took the phones just to be double sure they left no fingerprints behind, because they knew their fingerprints were in the LE database.

Any type of service vehicle would not have stood out in a residential neighborhood. I wonder if the neighbors or even the mailman or dog walkers noticed anyone other than lawn care or landscapers around the home. Like maybe, someone noticed some construction, gutter cleaner, plumbers, HVAC or pest control, etc vehicles.

The broken window pane and the boot print busting in the door, are on the same french doors located at the side of the house. The door had a sensor on it, would he break out a window pane to disable the sensor?

The fifth search warrant says a shoe or boot print was found by investigators on one of the Savopoulos home's French-style doors, suggesting there was forced entry into the house. The door had a single broken window pane and had suffered damage near the lock. Investigators are now searching for any shoe or boot with a similar tread pattern.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/0...c-mansion-murders-case/?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fn

The doors have a single broken window pane located next to a door latch and alarm sensor. #5

https://html2-f.scribdassets.com/2w6y1f85c4i7y58/images/6-902fdb82a8.jpg

Hey Pop...

I am still so confused about this. Because the photo of the boot print is NOT on a French door. Do you have any explanation for that?

Hey Pop...

I am still so confused about this. Because the photo of the boot print is NOT on a French door. Do you have any explanation for that?

Yes I am confused about this as well. I noticed the curtained french doors to the left of the front door and wondered whether they would ever have them open on nice days. As far as the photo with the boot print it doesn't seem to be part of a french door but I will take a second look.

Re taking the cell phones. It was reported that DW wore gloves - I guess because they didn't find any fingerprints. But if the perps were making some of the texts or dialing the phones themselves because SS and Amy were tied up, if they were Iphones for example, you can't do that wearing gloves. The touch features won't respond. Maybe they took the phones just to be double sure they left no fingerprints behind, because they knew their fingerprints were in the LE database.

RBBM

Many different styles of touchscreen gloves are available for users to interact with cellphones and other tech devices, though I believe the phones would have been removed from the home even if he was wearing them:

http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-touchscreen-gloves

They have certain gloves that you can use with an iPhone. I bought a pair in the winter.

W1 showed LE his phone with the messages. It's in the affidavit. Where does it say LE had texts and photos of the money before W1 showed them his phone?

It stands to reason that LE knew about the photos prior to asking JW to see his phone. That's how they knew he wasn't being forthcoming or honest. Either W2 went to LE or LE already served a warrant on the ISP for his phone records.

Unless it is a french door in the back of the house which only has glass in the top half and the boot mark is on the bottom part of it where there is no glass?

I have a hard time believing he could case the house without being observed.

The police are speculating. They believe he cased the house. They don't know that for sure unless DDW confessed.

All I saw was red bag, not sure it's a money bag.

The "new" news from reports surrounding the SW is that JW put the money into a red bag that then went into a Manila envelope. People are assuming it was a money bag since that would fit in an envelope. I don't think the type of bag has been specified by LE. But losing the plot is easy in the case. Sheesh.

Hey Pop...

Nope.

Yes I am confused about this as well. I noticed the curtained french doors to the left of the front door and wondered whether they would ever have them open on nice days. As far as the photo with the boot print it doesn't seem to be part of a french door but I will take a second look.

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan [video=twitter;606221258297098240]https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan/status/606221258297098240[/video]
Plywood covers side door at #Savopoulos mansion. Police found a boot print. @wusa9

Police knew he lied about the red bag and about Wednesday's text message from SS. That could only mean they saw his phone records and text messages beforehand. LE never lets a perp know what cards they're holding. They used that information to catch him in a lie.

LE doesn't just say they showed them messages but showed them messages specifically from SS. At least how my phone works the messages are in folders not where you get messages from everyone on one big thread all jumbled together.

All LE has to do is serve your ISP with a warrant and they can see all your text messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther