DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SW says "French STYLE door" not a French door. If you google french style door a lot of pictures come up of single doors. Some with a few window panes on the top and a solid bottom. I believe this is what they are referring to. MOO

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926872,-77.064324,3a,15y,84.35h,88.59t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGIpj806sa84B5TH2vS6oyg!2e0"]https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926872,-77.064324,3a,15y,84.35h,88.59t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGIpj806sa84B5TH2vS6oyg!2e0"]https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926872,-77.064324,3a,15y,84.35h,88.59t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGIpj806sa84B5TH2vS6oyg!2e0
(Above) Best view of the side of house before it was boarded up.
compare to this:
CGm7Bb6WQAAa5xg.jpg

I suspect that LE took the whole door out as evidence.

So it wasn't a French door, but a single hung window paned door.

But that still doesn't look like the photo of the door with the print. It just doesn't.

The panes on that door are much closer together than the ones shown in that photo

295B2FED00000578-3110390-image-m-27_1433431760235.jpg

Both CNN last night and MSNBC this morning mentioned that finding a link to the shoe print on the door still included the possibility of it belonging to Wint.

So it wasn't a French door, but a single hung window paned door.

But that still doesn't look like the photo of the door with the print. It just doesn't.

The panes on that door are much closer together than the ones shown in that photo

295B2FED00000578-3110390-image-m-27_1433431760235.jpg

Wow. Thanks for this "before"photo.
That hedge could hide a few folks.
Lady walking her dog and landscapers down the street in 2014. Google!

I know this would be wild but could someone have attached a camera or two directed at the S house on the telephone pole across the street and watched the family? Arrive in a white UNSUB truck or stolen utility truck and put up surveillance cameras? Would anyone have noticed?
The street looks pretty quiet.

Post: All LE has to do is serve your ISP with a warrant and they can see all your text messages.

Response: The charging docus. state that investigators had his cell and were looking through incoming and outgoing messages while interviewing him. This fact implies to me that they asked for his account and then showed him messages that contradicted his story. He would then correct himself and about two details admitted he had lied. Now we do not know the explanation he gave to LE for lying.

$10,000 in hundred dollar bills is not a large stack of money. It is a small wad of bills that can be folded and put in your pocket. Fugitive squad leader said they saw a "wad" of hundreds in a door compartment of the truck in full view.

1.72 inches would equal 10,000.00

As far as the security system, no one keeps the security system on during the day. I'm home right now and I turned the alarm off when I woke up at 5 to let my doggie out in the yard. I came back upstairs without re-arming the alarm. Most people just don't during the day unless they are leaving out. We mostly use the alarm at night.

Lots of people keep it on during the day! Especially if we're not frequently in and out. Example: I work most of the day in my office at the back of the house and wouldn't hear someone breaking down the front door, let alone climbing through a window :/ I have office machines, TV or radio on alwayys and I'd ESPECIALLY hate to be caught unawares while sitting on the pot. Some bathrooms have fans (lol) that turn on when you turn on the light and I would never hear anything when I'm in there.

Many crimes are crimes of opportunity and if the house looks like no one's home, they'll take a chance - smash, grab and go. It's always on so I have to turn it off to open the door and get deliveries, but I don't mind that a bit. Nothing's foolproof when criminals want to break in, but I feel safer in my mind at least.

I'd be absolutely paranoid if I lived/worked in a house of 10,000 sf! That's incredibly huge and especially with old homes built so solidly, it could be doubtful you'd hear what's going on in another part of the house depending on where you are vs a break-in.

I do understand people feeling a little more secure when other people are in the house, though, and maybe not arming the system, but not me. It happens once, you don't take it for granted again.

Pretty sure thatthe 1.72 inches is the entire $40K. Each stack is .43 inches.

It doesn't take up a lot of space, easy to carry that amount on ones self and it not be noticed, fully clothed of course. jmo idk

I keep wondering about something. LE stated that DW couldn't have acted alone and he was found with the money with a bunch of others. But I know there are some people who firmly believe he acted alone. (For instance, he couldn't have run to the garage for duct tape because that would mean someone else was minding the victims.)

I am genuinely curious, why is it that the idea of an accomplice seems unlikely or implausible? Assuming LE has a reason to believe that DW could have enlisted his brother or another, are their reasons are there to reject LE's belief that the crime tookire than one person's involvement? Or is it strictly because it opens the door a crack to the possibility that that person could be an insider? And if you reject that theory, you have to reject the whole idea of an accomplice?

Lots of people keep it on during the day! Especially if we're not frequently in and out. Example: I work most of the day in my office at the back of the house and wouldn't hear someone breaking down the front door, let alone climbing through a window :/ I have office machines, TV or radio on alwayys and I'd ESPECIALLY hate to be caught unawares while sitting on the pot. Some bathrooms have fans (lol) that turn on when you turn on the light and I would never hear anything when I'm in there.

Many crimes are crimes of opportunity and if the house looks like no one's home, they'll take a chance - smash, grab and go. It's always on so I have to turn it off to open the door and get deliveries, but I don't mind that a bit. Nothing's foolproof when criminals want to break in, but I feel safer in my mind at least.

I'd be absolutely paranoid if I lived/worked in a house of 10,000 sf! That's incredibly huge and especially with old homes built so solidly, it could be doubtful you'd hear what's going on in another part of the house depending on where you are vs a break-in.

I do understand people feeling a little more secure when other people are in the house, though, and maybe not arming the system, but not me. It happens once, you don't take it for granted again.

The house is huge but it is the smallest, or one of the smallest, in the neighborhood. I can't emphasize enough how wealthy that neighborhood is.

The "new" news from reports surrounding the SW is that JW put the money into a red bag that then went into a Manila envelope. People are assuming it was a money bag since that would fit in an envelope. I don't think the type of bag has been specified by LE. But losing the plot is easy in the case. Sheesh.

The charging docs. state that JW's final version of how he delivered the money is that he put "the cash" into a manilla envelope he found in the designated unlocked car. Those documents do not state he put the red bag into that envelope, just the cash itself, at least as per his account after he admitted to lying. The charging docs refer to the bag as a "red lined bag," which could mean a few different things: a red bag that is lined inside with some kind of material/color; a bag with red lining inside it; a red bag with lines on it--as in striped or decorated somehow.
Certainly, one can interpret the account of JW's story to investigators to mean that he conveys implicitly that he put the "red lined bag" in the manilla envelope he found in the car. But literally, verbatim, that is not what he's documented as saying.
We have great leeway to interpret what the "bag" looks like.
Other than in news stories, if some one can find another LE-sourced document stating a description of the bag, that would help us.
As some threads back, we agree that punctuation is important. These days it is somewhat at one's discretion (commas most especially) in journalism, for instance, and though in an official document a transcriptionist might go out of her way to clarify with commas, she also might happen to write "red lined bag" instead of "red, lined bag" or "red and lined bag" and we could still debate!
Most likely the bag was red. The "bag" could have been a cash envelope or a duffle bag or a wallet-sized bag. What think anyone as to the size according to the purpose?
Anywhere this bag is described as other than "bag," or the instruction as other than picking up a "package?" With the news stories, we get an interpreted version. Daily Mail Online iirc states that JW recounted the employee as handing him a red bag, when the CD makes very clear that W-1, in his account post-lying, contends he brought his own bag with him to the bank and that that is the bag at hand so to speak.

I keep wondering about something. LE stated that DW couldn't have acted alone and he was found with the money with a bunch of others. But I know there are some people who firmly believe he acted alone. (For instance, he couldn't have run to the garage for duct tape because that would mean someone else was minding the victims.)

I am genuinely curious, why is it that the idea of an accomplice seems unlikely or implausible? Assuming LE has a reason to believe that DW could have enlisted his brother or another, are their reasons are there to reject LE's belief that the crime tookire than one person's involvement? Or is it strictly because it opens the door a crack to the possibility that that person could be an insider? And if you reject that theory, you have to reject the whole idea of an accomplice?

Him having accomplices doesn't mean that JW is involved.

I don't see him holding anyone hostage by himself if he had to go to the garage to search for duct tape!! That just doesn't make any sense. It is more likely that he brought the duct tape with him, or had someone else with him. That does not mean that only person that could have been with him is JW.

The charging docs. state that JW's final version of how he delivered the money is that he put "the cash" into a manilla envelope he found in the designated unlocked car. Those documents do not state he put the red bag into that envelope, just the cash itself, at least as per his account after he admitted to lying. The charging docs refer to the bag as a "red lined bag," which could mean a few different things: a red bag that is lined inside with some kind of material/color; a bag with red lining inside it; a red bag with lines on it--as in striped or decorated somehow.
Certainly, one can interpret the account of JW's story to investigators to mean that he conveys implicitly that he put the "red lined bag" in the manilla envelope he found in the car. But literally, verbatim, that is not what he's documented as saying.
Other than in news stories, if some one can find another LE-sourced document stating a description of the bag, that would help us.
As some threads back, we agree that punctuation is important. These days it is somewhat at one's discretion (commas most especially) in journalism, for instance, and though in an official document a transcriptionist might go out of her way to clarify with commas, she also might happen to write "red lined bag" instead of "red, lined bag" or "red and lined bag" and we could still debate!
Most likely the bag was red. The "bag" could have been a cash envelope or a duffle bag or a wallet-sized bag. What think anyone as to the size according to the purpose?
Anywhere this bag is described as other than "bag," or the instruction as other than picking up a "package?" With the news stories, we get an interpreted version. Daily Mail Online iirc states that JW recounted the employee as handing him a red bag, when the CD makes very clear that W-1 brought his own bag with him to the bank and that that is the bag at hand so to speak.

The CD said the Manilla envelope was in W-1's car...NOT the Mosler.

Anywhere this bag is described as other than "bag," or the instruction as other than picking up a "package?" With the news stories, we get an interpreted version. Daily Mail Online iirc states that JW recounted the employee as handing him a red bag, when the CD makes very clear that W-1 brought his own bag with him to the bank and that that is the bag at hand so to speak.

Read his resume starting with: Since this affidavit...

5-23a6078793.jpg

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/06/court-docs-show-forced-entry-stolen-phones-in-quadruple-d-c-homicide/

Good points and questions. The media squeeze certainly seems targeted at the assistant and I think it originates with LE. Other than being involved, there is no reasonable explanation for his lies or for the photos and texts about the money. The national media is splashing JW's photo all over the place.

Investigators in the case of the murdered Washington D.C. family and their housekeeper have linked text messages sent from his assistant to photos of ransom money.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne...der-cops-links-text-messages-to-ransom-money/

Paul Wagner ‏@Fox5Wagner [video=twitter;606510602455011328]https://twitter.com/Fox5Wagner/status/606510602455011328[/video]
Search Warrant return says police found Jordan Wallace's Green BMW one block from the Savopoulos's home. Seized numerous items from it

Paul Wagner ‏@Fox5Wagner [video=twitter;606511929402736640]https://twitter.com/Fox5Wagner/status/606511929402736640[/video]
Items taken by police from Jordan Wallace's BMW include numerous "swabs", MacBook Air, 2 backpacks, pieces of the car, SD cards, Go Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member