DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure this applies...but just because a text came from someone's phone....doesn't mean THEY sent it. It can be sent by anyone who has possession of the phone.

Some messages look to me like perhaps someone who does not speak English fluently. But then, with auto-correct, so do a lot of stuff I write from my IPad.

I agree that the English used is awkward. I have Spanish-speaking friends who are fluent, but still sometimes use syntax that isn't usual for English speakers. For example "Amy's" text to AG about not coming to work on Thursday morning doesn't sound right to my ears, even if someone wrote under stress or with auto-correct.

Yes, looks to be the same color vest (green and grey) as two people she is showing it to.

I agree. It almost looks like an actual piece of a burned portion of the vest too. Maybe a picture on the left and a piece of it on the right?

I agree that the English used is awkward. I have Spanish-speaking friends who are fluent, but still sometimes use syntax that isn't usual for English speakers. For example "Amy's" text to AG about not coming to work on Thursday morning doesn't sound right to my ears, even if someone wrote under stress or with auto-correct.

Exactly.

We used to receive a Christmas card from a large international German company: one year it read "To you we are wishing a very happy Christmas."

What is this Waste Management Company? Does it provide garbage service regularly for that neighborhood?

What is this Waste Management Company? Does it provide garbage service regularly for that neighborhood?

We have WM in our area and YES they are a trash service company. They are HUGE multi-state operation now and they are expanding and buying out smaller trash service companies all the time.

I am not sure if WM serviced the area of the home fire or not.

Regarding why they stayed overnight, I think it was because of access to bank accounts. They either were waiting for the bank to open in the morning and/or waiting for SS's assistant to arrive at work to receive instructions about leaving the package. I also like the idea posted above that there was a safe in the house that perhaps had a timed lock on it - that it couldn't be opened at night.

Fully concur. While I do not know SS in any personal capacity, my impression is he is not the sort that would jeopardize his family by refusing to acquiesce to the demands of the captors. So to me the overnight aspect of this case was necessitated by money matters, either waiting for banks to open on Thursday (for a wire transfer) or waiting until the following day to make ATM withdrawals.

It's easy for anyone to purchase one of those high visibility vests...I wonder if the fragment is actually from a Waste Management vest, or just a plain, unmarked vest without a company logo.

Check out Bruce Leshan (@BruceLeshan): https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan?s=09

BREAKING: Investigators believe killers tortured Phillip Savopoulis, 10, during 10 hour cash extortion from family in NW DC mansion. @wusa9

Investigators believe killers may have ordered pizza while extorting $1,000 from #Savopoulos family. @wusa9

Meant to say they were extorting tens of thousands of dollars. @wusa9

The details just keep getting more heartbreaking in this case!

Exactly.

We used to receive a Christmas card from a large international German company: one year it read "To you we are wishing a very happy Christmas."

Remember that Amy may have been under duress when writing the message. Or autocorrect may have changed something. Hard to conclude this is a bastardization of English.

BREAKING: Investigators believe killers tortured Phillip Savopoulis, 10, during 10 hour cash extortion from family in NW DC mansion. @wusa9

Investigators believe killers may have ordered pizza while extorting $1,000 from #Savopoulos family. @wusa9

This is just so sickening
This family and their house keeper went through hell in my opinion

They can not catch these animals fast enough to satisfy me
So angry

Remember that Amy may have been under duress when writing the message. Or autocorrect may have changed something. Hard to conclude this is a bastardization of English.

One of the perps could have wrote that message. Although why they were so concerned about this maid showing up, that they had to send her a voice mail and then a message, is beyond my understanding.

NOOOOOO! I don't want to hear that.

It makes SS's voicemail message about having an issue with Phillip all the more heartbreaking. He was pleading for help to be sent in as a controlled and disguised way as possible, imo.

Horrible. I bet that's how they got father to comply, send voice mails, answer phones, talk to his sister on the phone, etc.
The child is screaming on that voicemail (in the background). They were probably torturing him then.

It makes SS's voicemail message about having an issue with Phillip all the more heartbreaking. He was pleading for help to be sent in as a controlled and disguised way as possible, imo.
And the child is screaming in the background.

I bet they wanted a lot more than $1,000.
House is full of valuables, from what has been reported.

NOOOOOO! I don't want to hear that. It makes SS's voicemail message about having an issue with Phillip all the more heartbreaking. He was pleading for help to be sent in as a controlled and disguised way as possible, imo.

Heartbreaking but at the same time perhaps relieving? This sort of conclusion suggests to me the LEOs are now working with more than a video and a few voicemails, perhaps making progress.

It does. I read these tweets and tears just came running down my face. This is a horrific crime to begin with & then to hear this could of been happening. Whomever the perpetrator(s) is/are are most definitely evil, coldhearted, sick SOB's!!!!

What kind of horrible people do this????? I am soooo angry! I would have jumped through hoops to die fighting these people. I can't see myself accommodating them at all. I would have gone nuts to sell them out. Once you're torturing my child, the murder is beginning. I am going all out at that point. I am so disgusted right now I can't see straight.

Heartbreaking. It makes me wonder if this is connected through Philip somehow. His school goes to grade 12 and also the high end go-karting.

Edited to add that I don't suspect anyone in particular. But his school is close to his house and kids talk about things they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner