DE DE - Wilmington, BlkFem 351UFDE, 20-40, 'Naptown Primrose Crew', Jan'02

I couldn't read that handwriting at all --- great eye, carbuff!!!!!

I think maybe our next step is to try and find the manager of the sea cove apartments or similar properties on Primrose in Annapolis -- the manager who managed in the early 2000s to see if they recognise the reconstruction.

The other handwriting is upside down. When I flipped the note, it was easy to read.

Contacting the manager sounds like a good idea. Though I imagine the cops did that during the investigation.

Attachments

• DSC_0363.JPG
    DSC_0363.JPG
    501.9 KB · Views: 93
I am not sure if Kimberly is missing or if they have the wrong missing date? Maryland allows you to look up criminal records for free and Kimberly was locked up in 2000. I am assuming it is the same person because she has the same birthdate, 6/2/68, and is living in the same area, the Brooklyn Projects.

Can anyone look into this?

Yeah that is weird -- she and a co-defendant had, what, 3-6 charges of conspiracy and distribution brought against them in the 2000s, but that ended up being plead out and nolle prossed in August 2000... well after she disappeared. Granted, she had an FTA in the case in 4/2000. There's no way KD should still be listed as missing -- that warrant for her arrest should/would have remained active if she had been "missing." I'd say the body of our JD is probably NOW that of KD.

Okay looks like Primrose is in the jurisdiction of Annapolis High School and St. Mary's High School (which is Catholic and I assume private). Would anyone help me by either searching for yearbooks online or pointing me in the right direction?

Okay looks like Primrose is in the jurisdiction of Annapolis High School and St. Mary's High School (which is Catholic and I assume private). Would anyone help me by either searching for yearbooks online or pointing me in the right direction?

It's pretty tough to compare to yearbooks when you don't have a postmortem photo (or in this case, they have only a skull). A facial reconstruction is not adequate if your possible matches aren't already known to be missing.

Totally honest the two reconstructions are so far off from each other it's not even ballpark. Hopefully the re-do one of the two.

Totally honest the two reconstructions are so far off from each other it's not even ballpark. Hopefully the re-do one of the two.

They both show a woman with very high cheekbones, a relatively narrow nose for African ancestry, and a prominent rounded chin, probably quite pretty.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/garrett_shawnta.html

Shawnta Garrett, missing since April 2002 from Texas, is a bit on the tall side (5'8" versus 5'5" estimated range) and has tattoos that aren't mentioned for the UID. But the UID was too decomposed for fingerprints to be taken, so perhaps the tattoos weren't visible any more.

She doesn't look like the reconstruction but does resemble the older sketch.

Attachments

• Delaware Jan 02 (namus 07900031) front.jpg
    Delaware Jan 02 (namus 07900031) front.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 7
  • garrett_shawnta.jpg
    garrett_shawnta.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Delaware Jan 02 (namus 07900031) old sketch.jpg
    Delaware Jan 02 (namus 07900031) old sketch.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 5
They added some photos:

See attachment --- I think this is new

Attachments

• DE_OCME_2002_N_0141_FA_by_Sergio_Guerra_031913_BW.jpg
    DE_OCME_2002_N_0141_FA_by_Sergio_Guerra_031913_BW.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 69
Ruleouts as of 25 March 2013:

Angela Allen 1951 New York
Kimberly Arrington 1982 Alabama
Patricia Becks 1966 Texas
Regina Brown 1951 Connecticut
Tonetta Carlisle 1973 Tennessee
Tiffany Goines 1974 Maryland
Stephanie Hartwell 1976 Mississippi
Kawana Holmes 1974 Florida
JUANE JOHNSON 1974 New Jersey
Jeannette Lamb 1970 Arizona
Virginia Rambus 1965 Washington
Antoinette Williams 1965 New Jersey

https://identifyus.org/cases/6288

Also, I noticed on the NAMUS page that the UID was found in a vacant home - and the description even gave the exact address of that home - 1410 W 8th Street in Wilmington, Delaware.

I tried to do some real estate searching but to no avail - I used to be able to use my mother's realtor password on an MLS site to find out who past and present homeowners were of certain properties. I'm wondering if there are any real estate professionals on WS who would want to use their access to find out the history of this property as the ownership might provide clues as to the UID's identity.

I check the Wilmington tax assessor's portal. There's no building listed at that address.

Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Schools in the vicinity of 1409 (cos I can't find a 1410). Now, these could have changed greatly over the years.

(William C.) Dual Language Elemen... (assigned) K-5 0.4 mi
Dupont (Alexis I.) Middle (assigned) 6-8 1.6 mi
Dupont (Alexis I.) High (assigned) 8-12 2.9 mi
Padua Academy High 9-12 0.2 mi
St. Paul Elementary PK-8 0.4 mi
Nativity Preparatory School 5-8 0.5 mi
Bayard Middle

OMG wait I went back and re-read it and THIS is the address as listed on Doe Network:

1400 block of West Third Street.

So DN says 1400 3rd St (there IS a 1410 W 3rd).... and Namus says W 8th St (Where there is NO 1410).... ???

I like Kenya Hickson as the possible JD. From NJ (close to DE), left with a female acquaintance... never heard from again.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1227/7/

39 y/o, 5'5"... high cheek bones, kind of sharp jaw...

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hickson_kenya.html

Has a history of substance abuse....

"Clothing: Blue shirt, black jeans, and a head scarf." I'd say we're pretty spot on here..

Both the doe and Kendra Hickson have DNA on file with Namus so this is a rule out by exclusion. I think that the identify of this doe is well known to those in her inner circle before she died. There is a primrose avenue in Maryland in that area. I think it is ghettoish and my suspicion is her "crew" is well aware of what happened to her. I would not be suprised at all of she was a street person for sometime before her death and any actual family believes she is out there on the streets somewhere. Maybe her "crew" dosen't even know her real identy or maybe they don't want to get involved. Sad case, like so many.

mjak

Both the doe and Kendra Hickson have DNA on file with Namus so this is a rule out by exclusion. I think that the identify of this doe is well known to those in her inner circle before she died. There is a primrose avenue in Maryland in that area. I think it is ghettoish and my suspicion is her "crew" is well aware of what happened to her. I would not be suprised at all of she was a street person for sometime before her death and any actual family believes she is out there on the streets somewhere. Maybe her "crew" dosen't even know her real identy or maybe they don't want to get involved. Sad case, like so many.

mjak

So just because there's DNA on both parties means it's an automatically an exclusion?

So just because there's DNA on both parties means it's an automatically an exclusion?

Yup, assuming Namus is working as it is suppose to. Of course mystakes are made. The idea is if a person is entered into Namus and another case is in there that matches the DNA it should trigger a hit... Of course that is what is suppose to happen....

mjak

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled