DE DE - Wilmington, BlkFem 351UFDE, 20-40, 'Naptown Primrose Crew', Jan'02

I like Kenya Hickson as the possible JD. From NJ (close to DE), left with a female acquaintance... never heard from again.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1227/7/

39 y/o, 5'5"... high cheek bones, kind of sharp jaw...

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hickson_kenya.html

Has a history of substance abuse....

"Clothing: Blue shirt, black jeans, and a head scarf." I'd say we're pretty spot on here..

Okay, this is a very strong possible. She actually somewhat resembles all three reconstructions, and the circumstances and description are close. Location's not bad, either.

Her DNA is submitted and tests are complete, but it doesn't say available. Sometimes for various reasons the results are held somewhere else. It might be worth calling it in to verify that her DNA is, in fact, uploaded and being compared.

I submitted her to someone -- whatever county she's missing from.

Totally honest the two reconstructions are so far off from each other it's not even ballpark. Hopefully the re-do one of the two.

No kidding! Some of these reconstructions are so badly done, I'd order a redo by a different artist, if it were up to me.

On this one, the chin in the drawing looks very delicate and pointy, but on the clay model the face looks almost masculine, with a HUGE chin! No similarity in eye shape, nose, lips, nothing. Assuming the jawbone was present, you'd think the two images would at least have a similar chin. God only knows what this woman really looked like, smh.

Schools in the vicinity of 1409 (cos I can't find a 1410). Now, these could have changed greatly over the years.

(William C.) Dual Language Elemen... (assigned) K-5 0.4 mi
Dupont (Alexis I.) Middle (assigned) 6-8 1.6 mi
Dupont (Alexis I.) High (assigned) 8-12 2.9 mi
Padua Academy High 9-12 0.2 mi
St. Paul Elementary PK-8 0.4 mi
Nativity Preparatory School 5-8 0.5 mi
Bayard Middle

Of these schools, neither of the DuPonts are in what I would consider walking distance to the area - kids in those neighborhoods are bused out to suburban areas to complete middle and high school. Nativity would not have been around a the time, to my knowledge.

I know Lewis well.. St. Paul's is a bit further out. Padua is an all girls Catholic high school. Bayard isn't too close to the area.

OMG wait I went back and re-read it and THIS is the address as listed on Doe Network:

1400 block of West Third Street.

So DN says 1400 3rd St (there IS a 1410 W 3rd).... and Namus says W 8th St (Where there is NO 1410).... ???

I didn't see this information earlier. It sounds to me like somebody misread a 3 as an 8, or vice versa. I'd guess Namus is the wrong one.

If I had to wager I would say that 3rd street seems like a more likely place for someone who is transient to blend in and find a vacant place to stay. The Hilltop neighborhood is a bit rough.

If I had to wager I would say that 3rd street seems like a more likely place for someone who is transient to blend in and find a vacant place to stay. The Hilltop neighborhood is a bit rough.

Also, the news article in the Images section has the address as being on 3rd street.

There is a group of apartment buildings (it seems) at the end of Primrose Rd along Hawkins Cove in Annapolis. That is basically where Spa Creek is essentially part of the harbor so it's like a bay.

https://maps.google.com/maps?num=100&safe=off&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&q=primrose,+indianapolis,+IN&hq=primrose&hnear=0x886b50ffa7796a03:0xd68e9df640b9ea7c,indianapolis+in&sa=X&ei=W3kWVLmtA4WtyASspIHoCg&ved=0CJkHELYD

There is also a Primrose Avenue in Indianapolis, which is also sometimes called Naptown and has a large black population. I don't know the demographics of its area though (other than it being a liberal neighborhood).

https://maps.google.com/maps?num=100&safe=off&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&q=primrose,+indianapolis,+IN&hq=primrose&hnear=0x886b50ffa7796a03:0xd68e9df640b9ea7c,indianapolis+in&sa=X&ei=W3kWVLmtA4WtyASspIHoCg&ved=0CJkHELYD

I tried to mark the extent of these two Primrose roads in Naptown.

When I did the Google street view for the 3rd St address, it is a multi-story brick place with all windows boarded up.

Street view of the 8th St place looked like a place where the houses all seemed to have yards, whereas 3rd St had a much higher density.

It's probably the 3rd Street place where she was really found.

Okay looks like Primrose is in the jurisdiction of Annapolis High School and St. Mary's High School (which is Catholic and I assume private). Would anyone help me by either searching for yearbooks online or pointing me in the right direction?

Annapolis Senior High is the only public high school serving Annapolis, except for the Mary E. Moss Academy in Crownsville, which serves students who have been expelled from elsewhere. The Annapolis area has a large number of private and parochial schools, of which St. Mary's is only one, but a fairly large school.

I know first-hand that black Annapolis youths do, and at this time, did, frequently identify themselves and their "crew" by "project" or neighborhood or street, and would "tag" just about anything with it. Annapolis has at least 12 public housing projects/neighborhoods. "Naptown Primrose Crew" are words I've probably seen together dozens of times. Violent disputes often break out at school and in public along neighborhood crew/gang lines, including--if memory serves--a well-publicized shooting at the Annapolis Mall, involving an off-duty Secret Service agent.

Primrose Road and Primrose Court include rough areas that have a high black population. Not all of the pizza joints will deliver there. It also runs along part of Truxtun Park, where at least a few bodies have been found and all manner of unsavory activities have been known to take place.

"Naptown," Maryland and Wilmington are so close that an Annapolis connection seems much more likely to me than an Indianapolis connection. If one does not have a car, the trip would most likely be made by taking Amtrak from New Carrollton, Md. to the Wilmington station.

Someone has to say it, might as well be me. :) It also depends on what kind of DNA it is. If they're both the same kind, than yes, they should automatically match-up. But if one is mitochondrial and the other isn't, they're not going to match. It's better to assume they're different (if everything else seems to match) and have it double-checked than have the potential match go unchecked.

A couple of other east coast missing who aren't on the ruleouts list:

Janice Johnson, Virginia: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/johnson_janice.html

Simona Collins, New York: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/collins_simona.html

The Simona Collins thread is closed for some reason but she disappeared from Buffalo, NY on September 6 of 2001. I have wondered if she might have runaway to the big city only to be killed in the 9/11 attacks, five days later. The last time I checked, thousands bits of human bodies have not been tied to any particular individual.

351UFDE
351UFDE - Unidentified Female

351UFDE8.jpg
351UFDE11.jpg
351UFDE1.jpg
351UFDE7.jpg
351UFDE14.jpg

Date of Discovery: January 24, 2002
Location of Discovery: Wilmington, New Castle County, Delaware
Estimated Date of Death: Months prior
State of Remains: Decomposed
Cause of Death: Undetermined

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20-40 years old
Race: Black
Sex: Female
Height: 5'3" to 5'5"
Weight: 100 lbs.
Hair: Black with reddish tone. Short and tightly curled.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: She was wearing a gray, long-sleeve Ralph Lauren shirt with the Polo Jeans Company logo on the left sleeve. A pair of black Results brand, denim jeans and size 4 Timberlandboots.
Jewelry: At least one yellow-metal earring with a blue stone was found at the scene. It may not be associated with the decedent.
Additional Personal Items: Stuart Hall notebook with "Work Book" handwritten on it. Appears to have been cut down to a much smaller size. Miscelaneous papers, one reading "From your wife" in red ink and other words in a darker color. Liquor bottles/cans were also found at the scene, as well as food/candy wrappers, a cigarette pack and a bottle of motor oil. All of these items may not be associated with the decedent.

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was discovered on January 24, 2002, by workers boarding up a vacant house in the 1400 block of West Third Street.

The state Medical Examiner could not determine the cause of death because of the advanced state of decomposition.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Delaware Div. of Forensic Science - Medical Examiner Unit
Agency Contact Person: James Schaeffer-Patton
Agency Phone Number: 302-577-3420
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 2002-N-0141

Agency Name: Wilmington City Police
Agency Contact Person: Martin Lenhardt
Agency Phone Number: 302-576-3940
Agency Case Number: Unknown

Agency Name: NCMEC
Agency Contact Person: Hal Brown
Agency Phone Number: 1-800-843-5678
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: U910002196
NamUs Case Number: 6288

Information Source(s)
NamUs
The News Journal

Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2005; Last Updated: 8/29/18

--------------------------------------------

I just found out about her case a few days ago and it is very interesting to me, particularly the items that were found alongside her, particularly the "WORK BOOK". I don't know what that would be for, especially considering how small it was (it looks like a regular notebook had been cut horizontally into quarters); I doubt it's actually for taking notes or doing homework. I wonder if investigators have looked through it at all to see what, if anything, is written in it. I also think the "from your wife" note is interesting, and I don't know in what context such a note would be written. I am not entirely sure any of these items are actually hers, and neither is law enforcement, apparently. To me, this suggests that this vacant house had served as a hub for some sort of (possibly illegal) activity that attracted several different people, including this woman, who ultimately died there.

Another thing: some of the possessions that are ostensibly hers seem to be rather nice and perhaps, even expensive. She was found with Ralph Lauren clothing and Timberland footwear; the clothing is confirmed to be hers. I'm thinking that she may have once been of stable means, but she could have fallen on hard times in the months or years leading up to her death. I did some research, and the zip code of the home where she was located (19806) actually might be relatively wealthy; about 30% of household incomes there exceed $100K a year, and over half exceed $50K. I'm not sure how uniformly distributed the wealth is, though; there could very well be disparaged areas, as well.
Additionally, one of her recons (the last one I have pasted here, which is next to the picture of her backpack) looks kind of funny. I don't know if it's because of the style of the artist who created it, but to me, it looks sort of like a person with African hair and dark skin, but with Caucasian features. There are other pictures of it on her Doe Net page that give a better idea of what I'm talking about. Also, it's never specified whether or not the reddish tint to her hair was natural or if she dyed her hair; if it is natural, I think she could very well be racially mixed.

There's a lot more I could say about this. I think this is definitely one of the stranger unidentified cases I've seen. I'm surprised nobody has posted a thread for her yet.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back