Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent work, Shadow! Wow! You can start a general links thread if you want. Anyone is free to jump in there and start threads! :) Whatever you choose to list from your site is great, too.

Everything helps! Thanks, Ohwell!

I noticed we aren't discussing much about the case at the moment. Where is everyone? :confused: We finally get a forum and everyone gets very quiet. :silenced: LOL

Well, I'm looking around for more info :) I wish more info on the "similarities" would be released, but that's asking for a lot.

Everything helps! Thanks, Ohwell!

I noticed we aren't discussing much about the case at the moment. Where is everyone? :confused: We finally get a forum and everyone gets very quiet. :silenced: LOL
LOL. Now that we have a forum, I'm going through my archives of things I haven't yet posted. ^_~

Everyone, thank you for getting the forum up and running. It looks great. Sorry for being MIA, I had family over for dinner.

A reminder that Kristi from Channel5 news will be on Good Morning America tomorrow AM.

LOL Thanks...guess I will be getting up very early then! Ugh!

Thank you, too, Shadow!

I've contacted my daughter out in Wisconsin. She came up with a name. Just want to make sure I spell it correctly 'cause I googled the subject line and it didn't come up. She mentioned it was a suicide in one of the lakes near her school. Never thought that there may be more ruled just that...and they wouldn't necessarily make the papers or news because of the delicacy of the matter. Plus, it can be a PR nightmare for the school involved. Also want to see how more I can find in the NY area. This whole business sounds very familiar.

Oh...BTW...this forum is not that easy to find on the general board...unless I've missed it...I went through the old link.

The below case is the type of thing that freaks me out. The guys just vanish. And within minutes. Why would this man leave if he was waiting for a girl to come out of the bathroom? Why would he just up and wander on down to a river and fall in?

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s414698.shtml?cat=63

Patrick McNeill was drinking with friends at an Upper East Side bar on February 16, 1997. His parents tell 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that he was waiting for a girl to come out of the restroom and then they were going to return to Fordham University together. When the woman left the restroom, McNeill was gone. His body was recovered 11 miles down river near a Brooklyn pier on April 7, 1997. Officials found no signs of foul play and ruled his death a drowning.

Hey guys, I have just been reading the last day or so. And this case is intriguing. I am totally sucked in. Is it possible please for a map of where this is happening to be put up? I have no idea where it is or how the states are near each other. Also maybe another map that shows where bodies have been found and where they went missing.

I am guessing it is fairly cold there..... I find it interesting that no drownings in the summer? Here is a Oz drinkers tend to go for a swim without thinking of the dangers of swimming drunk. If no drownings in warmer weather then death by misadventure can surely be ruled out in some of these cases. What was the weather like at the times when these young men went missing?

Are these college towns? Are there less people around in the holidays so less oportunity? Do all colleges have their holidays at the same time?

And it seems so many have gone just like that.... what are some reasons they would just up and leave without telling friends? One idea of mine is if they have been drugged they may have an urge to be sick or get some fresh air and think they will be back in a minute.

I think everyone is out trying to catch up on all the reading :)

Okay - in Shado's general thread - I would really like to PrayersforMaura's list, Shado's links and SS's drug stuff. If we could keep that where we can go back and refer to it quickly that would be so great!

Then some thoughts - WalMart uses the smiley face. Possible connection for a traveling salesperson? They also have pharmacies in many of their stores, so could be a drug connection.

Then, some of these men went missing after leaving a party. That means the perp had to know about the party and be in the general vicinity or maybe even at the party? I think there are fewer men leaving parties scenarios - so it might be easier to track down.

Salem

The below case is the type of thing that freaks me out. The guys just vanish. And within minutes. Why would this man leave if he was waiting for a girl to come out of the bathroom? Why would he just up and wander on down to a river and fall in?

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s414698.shtml?cat=63

Patrick McNeill was drinking with friends at an Upper East Side bar on February 16, 1997. His parents tell 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that he was waiting for a girl to come out of the restroom and then they were going to return to Fordham University together. When the woman left the restroom, McNeill was gone. His body was recovered 11 miles down river near a Brooklyn pier on April 7, 1997. Officials found no signs of foul play and ruled his death a drowning.

Offhanded thought after reading the McNeill story, although it applies to others in our loose group of victims: What will make a young male leave a young lady waiting for a ride? Or disappear suddenly from his friends at a bar? The only thing I can think of to accomplish this in a discreet manner is an(other) attractive female. Although some of the cases had notable confrontations (Chris Jenkins) associated with the disappearance, others have a “vanished into thin air” feel. Is it possible a woman is involved?

C6

I'm so far behind - I didn't even know we were on page 2, now I have to go back and catch up again :)

Salem

Thanks, Crypto...that's one of the stories I remember hearing about firsthand on the news. I think, if my memory serves me correctly (not always the case, I'm afraid), there was a news item on the "Smiley Face" killer(s) out of the NY metro area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels