Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aussiemom - there is a map in the general links. Shadowraith has put together a very nice map that shows the locations of the victims as it travels across the northern US.

Very possible a woman is involved Crypto. Shadow mentions something about a female truck driver.

What would make someone disappear like that? I think in the Chris Jenkins story there is a clue. There were some off duty cops there that night working security. One of them mentions in his report how "drunk" Chris looked, glassy eyed, etc. However, IIRC Chris had a fairly low BAC. I'm thinking that this cop was looking at Chris as the drug was taking effect. So whoever slipped him the drug, then discreetly slipped Chris out.

Depending on what type of drug is being used, it would take 10-20 minutes for it to take affect. Big question.... would the beginning "feelings" of the drug make someone want to go outside for air? Like when you drink to much, or dance to much and you just need to go outside and breathe?

And SusieQ - thinking about your ex-boyfriend story. It could have something to do with this. Maybe the drug had not taken complete effect and when the perp tried to encourage your boyfriend to go with him, your boyfriend got pissed off and started making noise. So far, it doesn't appear that the state of Colorado is involved, but you never know.

Okay - I think I wrote a short book here. Enough for the moment.

Salem

Thanks salem, I am unable to get that map to work..... :( It just comes up with a blank screen. I am just having a look on google earth at the moment..... but it has no state lines (lol obviously).... will have to search for just a normal map.

C6~ I never thought about that angle...a woman luring them away. Reminds me of the Sirens. Interesting theory. Sure...it could happen.

Ok so I have just worked out where everything is.... silly mummy... it's not all about technology! I used the atlas sitting within arms reach. *sigh*

Anyway of getting info on similar deaths from Canada? Do you guys have to use a passport to travel to and from Cananda?

From what I've heard...it makes you feel REALLY drunk. I had an experience once when I could have sworn someone put something in my drink at a club. I HAD to leave and proceeded to get ill outside. Thank goodness I was with a friend. I didn't know what was happening to me as I hadn't had much to drink up to that point. Actually, my drink tasted kinda funny so I stopped drinking it. So, to answer the question...yup you sure would want to leave to get some air!

Depending on what type of drug is being used, it would take 10-20 minutes for it to take affect. Big question.... would the beginning "feelings" of the drug make someone want to go outside for air? Like when you drink to much, or dance to much and you just need to go outside and breathe?
I can speak to this first hand. First thing I noticed was feeling "flushed" or lightheaded. I felt a warm rush. Within the next few minutes, I began to feel somewhat dizzy and a bit disoriented. I still knew what I was doing, but felt somehow disconnected from what was going on. I was told later at that point I had begun to slur my words like I had too much to drink (which I had only two very small glasses of wine about 45 minutes apart), but I was still walking. I had the presence of mind to ask the bartender to call a taxi for me. I did step outside to get fresh air because I was queasy while waiting on the taxi, but people could still see me. By the time the taxi arrived, I went blank and could no longer stand alone or walk. I woke up the next morning very groggy and found it difficult to breathe. It was hours later before my head cleared completely.

Thanks salem, I am unable to get that map to work..... :( It just comes up with a blank screen.
If you have either javascript or view remote images disabled, it won't work. I'm using the googlemaps interface (which requires javascript and loads their remote mapping images).

C6~ I never thought about that angle...a woman luring them away. Reminds me of the Sirens. Interesting theory. Sure...it could happen.

Yup. It seems plausible to me. Esp if they've been drugged. No need for too much strength to "tip" them into the water, so to speak...

If you have either javascript or view remote images disabled, it won't work. I'm using the googlemaps interface (which requires javascript and loads their remote mapping images).

Oh I don't know what that means! But I am using google maps now... hmmmm I will just leave it for now I guess. Probably I touched something I shouldn't have.

Chris Jenkins fought hard against his assailant. He pulled out a lot of his own hair in an effort to get his head out of the water which they believe means he was doing it in a fight for his life trying to remove their hands. Not sure a female would fit there. However, it doesn't mean that a female wasn't used as a lure.

Wow! That's two sleuthers in 30 seconds that have experience with these drugs.......:eek:

So... these guys get slipped a drug, walk outside, someone just casually grabs their arm and keeps walking them.... No one notices a thing because it all looks so natural. And the "being aware" but "being disconnected" part could keep them from protesting, especially if they were feeling queasy.

And if all else fails, you just wait for them to leave where ever they are, but this can't be the preferred method, because there would be no guarantee that they would leave on their own, especially because they came with friends.

There has to be a pattern to the "separation from friends part". It almost feels like the perp has to be someone these guys are familiar with, but given all the different demographics, how could that be?

Salem

Thanks everyone for sharing your personal drugging experiences. They are downright scary. I really feel this is the key here.

There has to be a pattern to the "separation from friends part". It almost feels like the perp has to be someone these guys are familiar with, but given all the different demographics, how could that be?

Salem

Maybe it was someone they met that night?

Exactly. They aren't drugging a lot of people...just the one and then systematically waiting for them to be alone. Now that doesn't make sense, does it? You are right. How do they know they aren't going to go with their friends at some point?

One thing I noted on Chris' case in the paperwork was the discrepancy between the head bouncer and the other three. The other three indicate they were given orders by him to kick Chris out and not allow him back in. Then he totally rebutts them and they shut up. Did anyone catch that?

Wow! That's two sleuthers in 30 seconds that have experience with these drugs.......:eek:

So... these guys get slipped a drug, walk outside, someone just casually grabs their arm and keeps walking them.... No one notices a thing because it all looks so natural. And the "being aware" but "being disconnected" part could keep them from protesting, especially if they were feeling queasy.

And if all else fails, you just wait for them to leave where ever they are, but this can't be the preferred method, because there would be no guarantee that they would leave on their own, especially because they came with friends.

Salem

Some ideas...

* band members
* security guys
* the guys behind the bar
* guy in a car waiting outside ready to help and offer a lift home

Was an arrest made in the case of Chris Jenkins? I was reading that there was (back in 2006). In the case of Allan Radel they noticed footprints that led the police to believe that he was running away from someone.

How about a nutty (adjunct) professor? Adjunct profs do stints at various colleges and university—sometimes, more than one, even, during any given semester.

If there is one killer as such, he may drug someone every time he goes out, but he might not have a 100% pick up rate if that makes sense. Which maybe why there is no absolute pattern of Friday nights oevery second week, just groups of months.... I wish I had better ability to get whats in my brain out.

I agree - could be someone they met that night. So someone that appears trustworthy and charming? Why don't any of the friends remember meeting anyone new that night though? Hmmmm

I like the band members idea and the guy outside waiting in a car, which goes very nicely with being lured out by a female. I'm not so sure about the bartenders and security folks though, because generally they would have to close up the bar, wipe the counters, do the dishes and get all the drunks out, so they wouldn't be able to leave right away at closing or before. But the band would stop 1/2 hour or so before the bar closed and bands often use vans to carry their equipment in.....

What is the difference between a "cargo" van and a regular van?

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member