Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin on Dr. Phil 3 February 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Phil is ALL about ratings. If there was anything new or relevant from this interview, it would not be weeks away from airing.

I thought people were busy complaining that she WASN'T on tv enough! Which is it? It can't be both.

YES, it can be both. They chose a paying media. They don't talk to LE but they'll talk to Phil for $$$$. They are playing by cindy's rules. Cindy told all "To get off your a$$$s and find my grandaughter". In some ways, I think DB is saying the same thing. The only places she searched was on GMA,, The Today show and Larry King. Then the BIG payoff with Drl Phil.

These two pathetic parental units aren't even going it alone and do it w/o their high priced mouthpiece. He was a fool with Joran VDS and he's a fool now...but a rich one because he gets these gigs.

They are not out there pleaing for Lisa when no dollars are flying in their face, that's for sure!.GMAB!

Looks like we'll be covering this on HLN tomorrow. I'm enjoying reading everyone's take on it!

How much does Dr. Phil pay for these interviews??
Sorry if this has already been covered, but is it factual that he actually does pay his guests?

...I have plenty more to say but have decided to drink instead..

:drink:

How much does Dr. Phil pay for these interviews??
Sorry if this has already been covered, but is it factual that he actually does pay his guests?

ABC gave <modsnip> $200,000. Dr Phil paid more to the birth mother and father, a lilttle more than that for each episode. They did three. Because of the money sensitivity and public outrage, they made a deal and Dr. P. made a special introduction saying the A's will get no money from him. INSTEAD, he will make a donation to THEIR foundation...:floorlaugh:

...It always amazes me how some of the public believes the Anthonys got 0$. It was a deal made with their attorney in hand. Looked like Phil compromised himself for their interview (once again) for ratings.

...back to drinking

In all reality - what does this interview offer? It has a delayed airing - nothing new or newsworthy other than ratings for dr phil. IMO

Perhaps JI needs cash for a lawyer to fight with his ex and try to hang on to another kid.

That could be what Mel's intentions are, but I'm sure that there will be plenty of people who will tear apart JI/DB personally and viciously after the interview. IMO.

ETA: It will probably start before the interview.

I, for one, am tired of hiding behind all this sweetness and grace facade. No more Mr. Nice Guy!

.....:floorlaugh:

Great! Maybe Dr. Phil can help them get over their hurt feelings because LE was mean to them and it will help them co-operate with the investigation into the fate of their missing daughter.

No. I don't think we are agreeing on something. My post (#27) was to try to figure out in advance what some posters may say. So I put down the most obvious. With that I will say that I do respect your right to post your opinion on these issues. We may have to agree to disagree.

:seeya: lol ... Oh ... I get it now ... lol ... I am spending too much time on these boards ... :innocent:

And yes, we can agree to disagree ...

:truce:

On Facebook Baby Lisa Updates page one poster claims to know that the Irwin's will be getting new Jeeps. How do people know these things?

Hi Debbie and Jeremy I won't forget about Baby Lisa ever. :seeya:

ABC gave <modsnip> $200,000. Dr Phil paid more to the birth mother and father, a lilttle more than that for each episode. They did three. Because of the money sensitivity and public outrage, they made a deal and Dr. P. made a special introduction saying the A's will get no money from him. INSTEAD, he will make a donation to THEIR foundation...:floorlaugh:

...It always amazes me how some of the public believes the Anthonys got 0$. It was a deal made with their attorney in hand. Looked like Phil compromised himself for their interview (once again) for ratings.

...back to drinking

Got a link?

IMO I think there are better ways to get the message out there then going on Dr. Phils show. I would hope they were not getting paid for their appearance but I know better. It's not going to garner any sympathy from those that already believe the parents responsible. But....

Doesn't this fly in the face of the argument that the parents are wanting this case to go away? That they want everyone to forget about BL? How does that make any sense when they are willing to go on a national syndicated show to talk about the case?

On Facebook Baby Lisa Updates page one poster claims to know that the Irwin's will be getting new Jeeps. How do people know these things?

Hi Debbie and Jeremy I won't forget about Baby Lisa ever. :seeya:

Not to go off topic here -- but this might be where this idea came from :

Before the Phil McGraw Show aired with the Anthony's on it [after that NG Verdict], the Anthony's were "sporting around" Orlando in a brand new RED Jeep.

And neither one of them were working ... so WHERE did the $$$$$ come from ?

It was also reported that Phil McG gave the A's a substantial donation to fund their so-called Grandparents Rights/Missing Persons's organization -- which they have done nothing with and NEVER will.

As to Bradley and Irwin ... it's going to be REAL INTERESTING to see what transpires from their "appearance" on Phil McG ...

And SHAME ON Phil McG for having DB and JI on his show ... DB and JI canNOT speak with LE but are "willing" to speak with Phil ...:sick:

And SHAME on Phil McG for "capitalizing" off of Baby Lisa -- who is still MISSING !

:furious:

MOO ...

This is my theory on the Irwins' relationship with the media:

When the developments stopped coming in, the case was replaced by hotter cases, and the requests for interviews also ceased. I'm sure the local media was still interested, but I think the national media did move on. When this occurred, the Irwins decided it was best to just let the case be forgotten. I don't think the networks have been waving checks in the Irwins' faces for a while now, as they haven't even been talking about the case. Also, if we are going to believe that the Irwins are money hungry, they aren't going to reject $$$ for the past almost three months. So I think it became very quiet in the Irwin household in regards to the media, and the Irwins were content with letting the case go away. Then I think a call from the Dr. Phil show came in, offering them money, and they took it.

And from the perspective of the show's producers, the Irwins are great guests to bring in. For one, 99.9% of guests on that show are complete nobodies, and no one is tuning in for them specifically, and it's not a show that a celebrity (who will bring in an audience) will go on, so having people like the Irwins on, who are still appropriate for the show's content, yet are well-known enough to bring in viewers who normally wouldn't watch the show, are a good choice.

BBM: My bet is lawyer Joe did the contacting. (following the slimey trail of others!)

Where is all of this "money" they are supposedly making? They are still driving the same old tank unlike the 'other' case a lot keep wanting to bring into this case. Jeremy has returned to WORK also unlike the 'other' case. There have been no home improvements made unlike the 'other' case. Where is all of this money being stated as fact when it doesn't appear to have happened?

Your theory assumes that if they were making money, they'd be spending it on a new car, or home improvements. I can think of several things they might spend any new found cash on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221