Defense files motion to have 911 calls, party pix tossed

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the article.

"The defense also argued that photos of Anthony partying prior to Caylee's disappearance are irrelevant"

And that's about the only thing I agree with. The pictures of her partying before Caylee went missing ARE irrelevant.

But those photos of her living "bella vita" while Caylee was allegedly "missing" are crucial to show that she was NOT out looking for her daughter because she already knew she was dead.

In AL's own words...........see the lecture thread....
If you don't like it....file a motion.

They will file a motion for each and every piece of info that they want eliminated.

Translation??? In this case....expect to see 1, 246, 378 motions filed.

I was just thinking of AL saying that! I love it. We know exactly what they're having the hardest time coming up with a defense for, by the motions filed.

So... adding party pics and 911 calls to my list!

Is anyone else getting sick of all this bs? How on earth can they toss the 911 calls?

(bbm)

way way way beyond sick of the bs

its a circus act... Dumbo the elephant, Bozo the Clown and the High wire act we are all watching. Waiting, breathlessly, hoping to see it crash to the ground.

If I wasn't so keen on keeping abreast of the whole case and on seeing justice delivered, I'd walk away without regret... it's ruining my blood pressure.

Was just on Local 6... must've filed this motion after I left today dammit!

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22777421/detail.html

Do they really think they'll get the 911 calls thrown out because Cindy was "Speculating" about a dead body?

I could see the party pix being tossed possibly, but not the 911 calls.

Thanks Muzikman!!! Your are the best.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22777421/detail.html
snipped from article

The defense is also asking the judge to prevent a jury from hearing Anthony's mother's frantic calls to 911 reporting Caylee missing and from seeing certain witness statements made by Anthony's parents, friends and detectives.

In the 911 call made by Cindy Anthony, the grandmother tells a dispatcher she wants her daughter arrested.

Other comments made by Casey Anthony's parents characterize her as a liar and a thief."

So they are also trying to get CERTAIN witness statements thrown out...hmmm I wonder who's and what statements exactly they want thrown out...Can't wait to read that motion.

I don't think the 911 calls will be thrown out.
And in regards to the party pics...as I would love to see them all shown to a jury.. I would hope the Judge allows the ones taken and posted to her Facebook etc...during the time Caylee went missing to be kept in.

(bbm)

its a circus act... Dumbo the elephant, Bozo the Clown and the High wire act we are all watching. Waiting, breathlessly, hoping to see it crash to the ground.

If I wasn't so keen on keeping abreast of the whole case and on seeing justice delivered, I'd walk away without regret... it's ruining my blood pressure.
I came upon your post LawRig...and felt so much better. I hate to be the only one...lol.
Poor Caylee...she doesn't deserve to be mired in this muck.

Motion translation........

"Judge.........this stuff is gonna make my girl look bad. She is already the most hated beautiful woman in Orlando. If you let people come in here and say bad stuff about her then she can't get off errrrr I mean get a fair trial. Plus everyone already knows that my girl and her mom don't get along.....we can't let CA sabotage her trial. Her comments are way too true errrrr I mean prejudicial."

I can't wait to see this newest motion! Gma Kat, I think you are correct that it's a bit soon to start filing these motions. They are telegraphing their problems directly to the state.

I know that these motions are standard, so I'm not that excited to see them start, other than they are coming out so early.

I so look forward to the arguments that will be presented to the Court on these. I'm sure Strickland will not allow everythin into evidence, but the Fusian pictures and the 911 call should pass muster.

It's going to be a long year!

Having been one who has appeared at the courthouse to purchase documents in the past, any speculation, MM, on exactly what....or how many pages.....$125 would purchase?? (surely more than an 8 page filing!)

It HAS to be this new motion, with a lot of pages of exhibits.

I spent a lot less than that, on miscellaneous motions and stuff going back to December, that the media has not put up.

Of course they want it tossed. It is an excited utterance.

Likely someone filled CA in on that issue after the fact. Notice she made a concentrated effort to explain she "was just trying to get LE there faster"?

Sounds like she was :back:

Yes she was very prepared with her lies by the time depo day came around. She tried to laugh it off on the media iirc, by (of course) blaming LE for taking too long to arrive. Unbelievable.

Good try Baez, but there is no way in he** those 911 calls will be thrown out. They speak to the families direct observation of the death smell in Casey's car, and are very relevant. Hows about they just throw out all of the evidence to make Mr. Baez feel more comfortable.

I believe Jose is feeling a bit overwhelmed by the mountain of evidence, in the state's corner. Most honorable attorney's would be begging the state for a plea.

I honestly don't think that the 911 calls or the pictures of Casey at Fusians while Caylee was "missing" are going to be tossed. But, let's have some fun and see what other evidence the defense is going to need to be tossed to make it not prejudicial to their client.

* The Blockbuster video... Casey lovingly wrapping her arm around her boyfriend Tony L. just hours after her precious two-year-old baby had been snatched from her at Sawgrass... ummm... I mean Jay Blanchard Park.

* Keeping with Blockbuster for a moment... the movie's any "mother of the year" would rent just hours after their two-year-old baby was kidnapped. "Untraceable" a movie about a kidnapping serial killer and "Jumper" a movie that features a character who is a mother that abandons her child.

* Target Shopping Spree... Beer, Bra's and Sunglasses... everything you need to track down the kidnapper of your two-year-old baby.

* Text messages... The memory of those poor dead squirrels should remain that... a distant memory. Them dying in her car has nothing to do with this case.

* The "31 days" should never be mentioned. Ever! It's too prejudicial!

* Casey's interview with detectives. Casey simply forgot to ask for a lawyer and detectives should have known Casey wanted an attorney present so it is a violation of her civil rights.

* Casey's first phone call home... "Tony... Tony... Tony..." is all any "mother of the year" would be focused on while detectives are frantically searching for her beautiful daughter. There's just so much that is on this tape that is prejudicial and therefore should be tossed.

* Casey's jail visits... need I say more?? How dare they tape the visitations between inmates and visitors! Oh you mean all inmates are taped? Well, Casey is different! She's a "boss." A "CEO." You didn't know? She is special!

I could go on and on... feel free to add on!

Thank you LolaMoon..

I feel better after seeing your list.

(bbm)

In total agreement with you, LawRig! I am sick of it also.

**Since the beginning of Caylee AND Haleigh's case, I have started taking blood pressure meds and Nexium. I am determined to hang in there, tho.

IMO, Baez lazed around over a year and thinking of himself as a 'high profile defense attorney' and celebrity. He got paid for nothing but filing stupid motions, and now that he has to do any real work, he wants the state of Florida to pay for it.

I so look forward to the end of the 2011 trial (if I live that long). I want to see Casey, the Anthony's, and Baez' face when a guilty verdict comes in. And it WILL happen, IMO. That is my consolation for now, and it helps a little.

The 911 calls and the pix will stay as evidence, IMO.

MOO

I think the pictures of her partying while Caylee was "missing" are very relevant. Casey's own statements that she didn't call LE because she was doing her own investigation should not go unchallenged. Those pictures show her investigating her kidnapped daughter's disappearance.

same here, LaLaw200... I want to see the verdict read in court, in front of the baby killer, in front of the denial bound parents, in front of the press and jury of her peers.

I want all the most damning evidence splayed all over the courtroom so no one can look away or ignore it.

But I dont think the stupid mtions are done being filed. I think it's just getting started. makes my head ache

I really want the 911 calls left in... don't really care about the pictures.

There are eyewitnesses who saw everything portrayed on the photos, so they could substitute testimony for photos, FOR A LOT MORE STATE"S MONEY to cover the cost.

I think the pictures of her partying while Caylee was "missing" are very relevant. Casey's own statements that she didn't call LE because she was doing her own investigation should not go unchallenged. Those pictures show her investigating her kidnapped daughter's disappearance.

And Zenaida did hang out at Fusion so that makes it even more relevent since it proves 100% that she was looking at places Zenaida would frequent. Just like she said! You would think Jose would want these pictures to prove that Casey was serious about her undercover investigative duties. So serious that she blended right in with the crowd.

I really want the 911 calls left in... don't really care about the pictures.

There are eyewitnesses who saw everything portrayed on the photos, so they could substitute testimony for photos, FOR A LOT MORE STATE"S MONEY to cover the cost.

A picture paints a thousand words. Nothing anyone says to explain Casey's demeanor during the 31 days Caylee was "missing" is going to have the same impact as seeing the actual pictures of her demeanor.

Think back to the first time we all seen those pictures. That's the impact it will have on a jury. That's the impact we need for it to have on the jury. They need to see and know Casey Anthony the way we have seen and known her over nearly two years.

JMO.

I really hope that some of our verified attorneys can chime in on this.
I can understand why JB wants to omit the important stuff, but how will JS feel about it?

The defense's third request involves asking the judge to bar prosecutors at trial from eliciting "lay opinion" testimony about Casey Anthony's character or motives. Many witnesses have offered to testify to Casey Anthony's inability to tell the truth — a move the defense wants out.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...thony-defense-motions-20100308,0,389653.story

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! :banghead::furious::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member