Defense files motion to have 911 calls, party pix tossed

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Zenaida did hang out at Fusion so that makes it even more relevent since it proves 100% that she was looking at places Zenaida would frequent. Just like she said! You would think Jose would want these pictures to prove that Casey was serious about her undercover investigative duties. So serious that she blended right in with the crowd.
Did we ever learn if Fusion had cameras...on the inside? I'd like to see Casey the Investigator!

The defense's third request involves asking the judge to bar prosecutors at trial from eliciting "lay opinion" testimony about Casey Anthony's character or motives. Many witnesses have offered to testify to Casey Anthony's inability to tell the truth — a move the defense wants out.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...thony-defense-motions-20100308,0,389653.story

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! :banghead::furious::banghead:
So...then they'll only accept a professional opinion? Bring it on!! I'd love for a psychiatrist to testify about what they see in all this.

The party pics and the calls are the facts of the case....I would be stunned if they get pitched.

I agree 100%. She claimed she was actively searching for her daughter for 31 days and clearly the party pics and the Target and Blockbuster videos show that Casey's actions during that time do not reflect anything but her living it up and enjoying her life without Caylee. I say everything will be presented at trial.

This is ridiculous, just when I think I cannot be more surprised, a new motion or doc dump comes up. I refuse to get spun up on the ridiculous motions, it is my thought that the physical analysis consisting of grave wax on paper towels in KC's trunk and the KC's trunk odor signature will take care of a good chunk of the case.

I also think it is the 'totality' of all evidence that will lead to a sure conviction so I hope the State fights them every step of the way on their foolish notions of what is admissable or not (aka if it makes my client look bad, it should be out).

What foolishness to try to motion this case away to anything other than what it is, the death of a child and what everyone went through and experienced, even CA.

So...then they'll only accept a professional opinion? Bring it on!! I'd love for a psychiatrist to testify about what they see in all this?

LOL! That logic would also rule out the interview at Universal with YM and JA since she spins that ton of lies about Caylee's "disappearance". They are "only" LE and not professional psychchiatrists!

:waitasec:

The defense's third request involves asking the judge to bar prosecutors at trial from eliciting "lay opinion" testimony about Casey Anthony's character or motives. Many witnesses have offered to testify to Casey Anthony's inability to tell the truth — a move the defense wants out.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...thony-defense-motions-20100308,0,389653.story

I don't think that the jury is going to find it hard to figure out on their own that Casey is a pathological liar.

The lies she told LE, which will be admissable, are going to be worth a lot more in convicting Casey than lies she has told her friends over the years. Sure it shows that Casey had a tendency to lie... but, I am sure that the SA will have a expert witness to testify to Casey's ability to lie and manipulate.

I believe the fact that Casey lied about having a job for years on end will also be admissable because that was a big reason why Zenaida was hired. She met Jeff Hopkins at Universal and Jeff Hopkins hooked her up with Zenaida. Zenaida was also a seasonal employee at Universal... you know where I'm going with this.

I'm not worried that the jury won't see Casey as the pathological liar that she is.

My prediction -

the party pics post June 15, 2008 will not be thrown out as they go to 'state of mind'. the pics prior probably will be thrown out as they hold no evidentiary value, imo.

the 911 calls will not be thrown out.

I cannot wait to read the SA's response to this motion; better yet will be the hearing where LDB & JA argue like hell to keep it in. bring on the popcorn!

ITA and I will cite that Mike D. was the one to get the scoop on the Tot Mom play. http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22014185/detail.html Though WKMG is not affiliated with any duopoly that I know. I believe they are the last of the big 6 to remain independent.

Justin W. from Wesh was the one who broke the story about LP meeting at an IHOP with bail agents. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,407742,00.html

LOL- He got the Tot mom 'scoop' by PM'ing me after I got back from seeing it.

JB and co are going to try to get everything and anything tossed. But JS is a smart man. It aint gonna happen . The June party pics and the 911 calls will stay ....I have no doubt.

I guess the Defense can't find people, other than the A's, to testify she was a candidate for Mother of the Year.

A picture paints a thousand words. Nothing anyone says to explain Casey's demeanor during the 31 days Caylee was "missing" is going to have the same impact as seeing the actual pictures of her demeanor.

Think back to the first time we all seen those pictures. That's the impact it will have on a jury. That's the impact we need for it to have on the jury. They need to see and know Casey Anthony the way we have seen and known her over nearly two years.

JMO.

I should clarify, when I said I didnt care about the pictures, I wasn't being accurate. If I had to choose between the pictures and the 911 , I'd choose the call. But I agree, the pictures express something no witness could , I was merely offering a compromise if we have to lose the pictures.

Sort of a "if we lose them , we have a stand-by" thought.

I hope we dont lose anything, but I am trying to brace myself for a scenario I can accept as opposed to one that will give me a worse headache.

I DO agree, the photos are very damning and I don't want to lose any thing that will put her away.

I'm not gonna get all worked up about every motion the defense makes, because I assure you there will be plenty more to get other stuff 'thrown out'. Can't say I blame them for trying. Their best hope is to get some of this thrown out. Heck, nearly every single thing Casey did and word (LIES) she spoke after June 15th, 2008 could be considered prejudicial, from a defense point of view. She did it to herself, though and it ALL GOES TO PROVE HER STATE OF MIND. think about the bella vita tattoo... Next will be the original Zanny the Nanny story...I mean, how do they plan on tying Zanny to Roy Kronk? They really need to figure out which story they want to pursue ---just pick ONE and stick with it. They make me dizzy.

Motion translation........

"Judge.........this stuff is gonna make my girl look bad. She is already the most hated beautiful woman in Orlando. If you let people come in here and say bad stuff about her then she can't get off errrrr I mean get a fair trial. Plus everyone already knows that my girl and her mom don't get along.....we can't let CA sabotage her trial. Her comments are way to true errrrr I mean prejudicial."

LOL. And here I thought the defense was going to use their bad relationship as an excuse or a way to put total blame on Cindy. I guess not if they want her words thrown out!

Baez is such an idiot. Why don't you just do one big motion asking every piece of evidence to be thrown out because it makes your client look like the murderess she is? Man, these stupid motions make me gnash my teeth!

Now that is funny-they dont want the SA to be able to impeach her charecter???

BBBBBWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Basically, they need a new client to didnt kill her daughter, didnt party her as* off when the girl was gone, and didnt get busted by her parents.

I should clarify, when I said I didnt care about the pictures, I wasn't being accurate. If I had to choose between the pictures and the 911 , I'd choose the call. But I agree, the pictures express something no witness could , I was merely offering a compromise if we have to lose the pictures.

Sort of a "if we lose them , we have a stand-by" thought.

I hope we dont lose anything, but I am trying to brace myself for a scenario I can accept as opposed to one that will give me a worse headache.

I DO agree, the photos are very damning and I don't want to lose any thing that will put her away.

I understood what you mean't and I agree about the 911 call.

The same thing with the pictures applies to the 911 call. If the call were to be tossed, I am sure the SA could still ask Cindy what she said the car smelled like when she called 911 and she would have to answer truthfully but would it have the same impact as actually hearing Cindy frantically saying it? Of course it wouldn't.

Casey's actions during those 31 days is very important and I don't think anything that can be 100% proven (through pictures, videos or text messages) is going to be tossed out.

I do believe that the picture prior to June 15th 2008 are irrelevent because I think we all have some pretty wild party pictures of ourselves at that age. I'm thirty and I still have some pretty wild party pictures from time to time.

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!

Oh my GOD that is the MOST RIDICULOUS motion I have EVER seen! Baez, do you NOT realize that BECAUSE she couldn't close her mouth for two seconds that EVERYONE knows how she really is? Good Lord, so no one can speak to how she really is? All of the HUNDREDS of witnesses who know how she really is can't say a word about it? ARE YOU MAD, BAEZ?

How are earth are you going to say she's not a liar? You can't do that, buddy, BECAUSE THEN THE PROSECUTOR HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOW YOU OUT OF THE WATER! I mean, do you REALLY not understand how cross examination works? Yes, PLEASE get Cindy up on the stand to say Casey's the mother of the year! I want you to be that stupid!

oh God in heaven, please continue to direct JS to see past this pile of poo motions and do the right, logical thing for this case...

I think I need a drink right now...

I honestly don't think that the 911 calls or the pictures of Casey at Fusians while Caylee was "missing" are going to be tossed. But, let's have some fun and see what other evidence the defense is going to need to be tossed to make it not prejudicial to their client.

* The Blockbuster video... Casey lovingly wrapping her arm around her boyfriend Tony L. just hours after her precious two-year-old baby had been snatched from her at Sawgrass... ummm... I mean Jay Blanchard Park.

* Keeping with Blockbuster for a moment... the movie's any "mother of the year" would rent just hours after their two-year-old baby was kidnapped. "Untraceable" a movie about a kidnapping serial killer and "Jumper" a movie that features a character who is a mother that abandons her child.

* Target Shopping Spree... Beer, Bra's and Sunglasses... everything you need to track down the kidnapper of your two-year-old baby.

* Text messages... The memory of those poor dead squirrels should remain that... a distant memory. Them dying in her car has nothing to do with this case.

* The "31 days" should never be mentioned. Ever! It's too prejudicial!

* Casey's interview with detectives. Casey simply forgot to ask for a lawyer and detectives should have known Casey wanted an attorney present so it is a violation of her civil rights.

* Casey's first phone call home... "Tony... Tony... Tony..." is all any "mother of the year" would be focused on while detectives are frantically searching for her beautiful daughter. There's just so much that is on this tape that is prejudicial and therefore should be tossed.

* Casey's jail visits... need I say more?? How dare they tape the visitations between inmates and visitors! Oh you mean all inmates are taped? Well, Casey is different! She's a "boss." A "CEO." You didn't know? She is special!

I could go on and on... feel free to add on!

Quote respect, LolaMoon! Gotta add:

* Casey's written statement, in which she wrote that she dropped Caylee off, then "proceeded to head to my place of employment, Universal Studios Orlando. I have worked at Universal studios for over 4 years..." She was under a lot of pressure right then, clearly she just left out the "not" before "worked"! Of course she would remember it when LE proceeded to head to USO with her in tow! :banghead:

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!

Oh my GOD that is the MOST RIDICULOUS motion I have EVER seen! Baez, do you NOT realize that BECAUSE she couldn't close her mouth for two seconds that EVERYONE knows how she really is? Good Lord, so no one can speak to how she really is? All of the HUNDREDS of witnesses who know how she really is can't say a word about it? ARE YOU MAD, BAEZ?

How are earth are you going to say she's not a liar? You can't do that, buddy, BECAUSE THEN THE PROSECUTOR HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOW YOU OUT OF THE WATER! I mean, do you REALLY not understand how cross examination works? Yes, PLEASE get Cindy up on the stand to say Casey's the mother of the year! I want you to be that stupid!

oh God in heaven, please continue to direct JS to see past this pile of poo motions and do the right, logical thing for this case...

I think I need a drink right now...

:martini: Here you go friend.

Why don't you just do one big motion asking every piece of evidence to be thrown out !

LOL

that's what I said !

One motion at a time, maybe they are just trying to wear everyone out down.

JB theory: if I annoy everyone with stupid time-wasting and transparent motions, maybe they'll let my girl off so they never ever have to hear from me again.

heh

No way in HELL they will get that 911 call excluded.

The party pictures maybe. But not the 911 tape.

And absolutely the 911 tape is frankly one of the most damning pieces of evidence. Even her own mother knew there had been a dead body in the car.
The 911 call also illustrates the 31 days that Caylee was not reported missing; and the operator's apparent shock in that regard. I agree, no way will those tapes be excluded.

As for the party pictures, I don't see all of them being excluded either, especially the ones taken while Casey was supposedly out "searching for Caylee". But if there had to be a choice between the two, I feel the 911 calls are most damaging. Her behavior during the 31 days could be explained by witness testimony, such as the guy from the tattoo parlor, and TonE, for example. MOO

Quote respect, LolaMoon! Gotta add:

* Casey's written statement, in which she wrote that she dropped Caylee off, then "proceeded to head to my place of employment, Universal Studios Orlando. I have worked at Universal studios for over 4 years..." She was under a lot of pressure right then, clearly she just left out the "not" before "worked"! Of course she would remember it when LE proceeded to head to USO with her in tow! :banghead:

* Computer searches... You didn't know that Zenaida (Jesse, Ricardo, Amy, Roy Kronk, Rev. Grund) hacked into Casey's computer? Oh wait... wait... wait... that's right, Zenaida had a key to Casey's house and had easy access to her computer. The searches should be tossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg