Defense Response To New Documents

Veteran High Profile Attorney???? WOW - I have lived in Orlando for almost 20 years and nope, never heard of him until this case. Now if you asked me if I heard of Mark NeJame and John Morgan - of course I did - they truly are high profile Orlando attorneys....

I guess he is high profile now.... sheesh
Aleve, had you ever heard of the co~counsel? And also....has ANYONE heard or seen the co~Counsel lately? Where has he been? Hopefuly he has decided to move on to something more career enhancing then being second chair to Jose.

I am flabbergasted by his comments about NG showing pictures of and talking about her children. What the heck does this have to do with the released evidence?

Ab-so-lutely the most unprofessional correspondence from a "respected" lawyer I've seen!

Basically, what he says is this: "We haven't gone thru all the stuff yet, but regardless, my client is innocent. And, note to Nancy Grace- I'm still pizzed that you won't have me on your show! Oh, and all that science jazz? Pure-d bullhocky! Just listen to my client, you'll believe her too!"

BS.
I don't think this is any kind of correspondence at all.

If I'm seeing right, this was done the same day as the documents were dumped on us. There's no way he had time to read those while drinking Casey's kool-aid and eating her brownies.

Those two remind me of a couple of grade school BFFs sending letters in class and discussing who said what about the other.

My questions for JB are...

Name one other "high profile" case you had?
How many cases have you won since opening your own practice?

I know he lost his last one and the guy is in jail now for it..

So, imo this is sensationalized news reporting, designed to look as though it is an official press release from JB. Gotta watch those journalists lol.
Yeah Jbean! You have to really watch everyone and anyone in this case imhoo. Comparing past press releases tho.....this quoted version sure is keeping with the same sort of Baez~speak. I guess we sleuthers need to get off the websleuth couch and head out to find that today show interview.... (nurse stretches)..... I guess I will go do it LOL...

"Baez has a long and respected career as a defense attorney"

If he is such a smart man how can he defend someone that Helen Keller could see was guilty as sin. I think JB just using KC for publicity in hopes to make a name for himself.... IMO

:clap::clap::clap:
.....and his past allusions to the military and comparing soldiers like that to Casey and then spouting that he has defended LE before..... that doesn't serve his client whatsoever.....it is more like he is defending HIMSELF. The man is really disgusting to read and hear.....especially being a member of an active duty military family going on 18 years now! He really needs to keep it short and sweet.....talk about tainting the jury panel LOL... If anyone remembers any of those comments when they are sitting on the jury they just may tend to discredit anything the man says no matter what way he says it!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
AMEN! Maybe he should seek advice from that active family member..I think his outlook on his career would change..They fight a real fight..to them, it would be like hiding and insurgent...

HOLY unprofessional correspondence, Batman!!!

Remember, air samples and DNA are voodoo.:banghead:

I am flabbergasted by his comments about NG showing pictures of and talking about her children. What the heck does this have to do with the released evidence?

Agree Absolutely nothing to do with this case. I really like the "professional" heading of this release. Actually quite fitting to this circus act. IMO!:Banane45::Banane45::Banane45::Banane10:

If I am reading it correctly this is not a press release by JB, but rather someone elses press release about what JB said on the Today Show. Looks like quotes strung together so I guess we would need to see the original transcripts to see if the context this was all said in.
yes?
This is the media relations person that Baez hired/using. I would have to do a forum search, but it was maybe 2 weeks ago. IMHO, its a really interesting study to trace him down and see where it leads.

Anyways, I would like the definition to "verified analysis", sounds like defense speak to me. My guess is that in this case, verified means the original (not a copy) or a notarized copy, but I could be wrong.

Yeah Jbean! You have to really watch everyone and anyone in this case imhoo. Comparing past press releases tho.....this quoted version sure is keeping with the same sort of Baez~speak. I guess we sleuthers need to get off the websleuth couch and head out to find that today show interview.... (nurse stretches)..... I guess I will go do it LOL...
well I don't doubt he said this, but we don't know how it was framed or the context or in what order. This looks like quotes strung together imo.
Let us know if you find the interview. Maybe this is exactly how he said it..but we really don't know.

After reading the statement and I stopped laughing, my next thought was, "Did Casey write this?" :waitasec:
Weeeelllll!!! We have all wonderd what she does there so many hours!!!!And we have read she wants to be an attorney!!!! lol

maybe she knows some more baby killers to help????

Veteran = was Jose in the military? C'mon, we all know he's a relative newbie in practicing law.

High profile = Never heard of him before Casey. He ain't no Vince Bugliosi or Wade Smith or Melvin Belli. Not even Johnny Cochran. His office is in a store front.

And can we say filing gaffe? And how about ignoring court for another client to drive Casey home from jail? Verrrry professional.

Just because Todd says it doesn't make it so, no matter how much Jose wants it to be so. But then, Jose employs Todd, so it's really Jose trying to puff himself up.

This is the media relations person that Baez hired/using. I would have to do a forum search, but it was maybe 2 weeks ago. IMHO, its a really interesting study to trace him down and see where it leads.

Anyways, I would like the definition to "verified analysis", sounds like defense speak to me. My guess is that in this case, verified means the original (not a copy) or a notarized copy, but I could be wrong.
So this guy is hired by JB to release his info? I did not know that! if that is the case then never mind and thanks for setting me straight.:blowkiss:

So this guy is hired by JB to release his info? I did not know that! if that is the case then never mind and thanks for setting me straight.:blowkiss:

Here is one blurb in the OS, but there were others and lots of talk on the forum when 1st press release was made -- the grammar was so bad.

http://mobile.orlandosentinel.com/detail.jsp?key=165342&full=1

"A public-relations firm that represents Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, issued a statement saying that an "individual" who wishes to remain anonymous posted bond for Anthony because of concern that her constitutional rights have been violated.

"She is going home," said Todd Black of Press Corps Media."

Yeah, that statement about the hosts "babies" really ticks me off.. (Snipped)
:

Lots of posters here have said much the same thing about NG.....
However, it is most unprofessional for those twins to be mentioned in this release. Trashy actually.

But, what more should we expect...consider the trashy source. :crazy:

If I am reading it correctly this is not a press release by JB, but rather someone elses press release about what JB said on the Today Show. Looks like quotes strung together so I guess we would need to see the original transcripts to see if the context this was all said in.
yes?

Oh no, JBean, not the transcripts. They could be full of VooDoo. We need to see the original Tape. Unless that, too, has been altered by nefarious media types, or LE, who obviously are Not for The Mother of the Year.

Todd Black right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back