Defense wants gas reciept block from trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have been in a cryonic state of suspension in 2006 and into 2007 because I was living here in the area, but I had zero knowledge of this case. In fact, I didn't learn about it till after the murder of Nancy Cooper in 2008. I remember very well the Stephanie Bennett murder in 2002 but for some reason I didn't know about the Young murder.

I'm pretty much up-to-date about the case, having read the SWs, and I look forward to what will hopefully be a more streamlined and swift trial and justice for Michelle & family.

I'm glad I have my fellow trial junkies on this. I will also be following the Casey Anthony case, as time permits.

I must have been in a cryonic state of suspension in 2006 and into 2007 because I was living here in the area, but I had zero knowledge of this case. In fact, I didn't learn about it till after the murder of Nancy Cooper in 2008. I remember very well the Stephanie Bennett murder in 2002 but for some reason I didn't know about the Young murder.

I'm pretty much up-to-date about the case, having read the SWs, and I look forward to what will hopefully be a more streamlined and swift trial and justice for Michelle & family.

I'm glad I have my fellow trial junkies on this. I will also be following the Casey Anthony case, as time permits.

It was hard not to sort of forget about the case because its been so long. I remember hearing about what happened to Michelle but I figured i missed the trial and he was already in jail..

I am following both trials with you.. Excited Casey Anthony starts Tuesday butt at the same time I think her defense will be sneaky with this and have her lie on the stand and tell more stories.. gulp!
and also waiting to hear about the Kelly Morris murder update.

No stabbing....he beat her poor head to a pulp.

Exactly -- and, IMO, would a stranger do all that to some pregnant woman he did not know?? With a two-year old running around screaming?? She would have screamed & cried her little head off it if had been a stranger.

And steal nothing?

No, this was something similar to what little Cassidy had at least heard before -- her Mommie & Daddy yelling at each other, having another fight. She probably hid in her room.

We all know that this kind of slaughter comes from a deep, dark, rage-fueled place in a man who knows her well enough to hate her and beat her beyond recognition, IMHO.

This map is based on the the timeline that Just the Fax posted earlier

YoungMap2.jpg

I suspected he was guilty the moment he lawyered up. The more the story came out, the more convinced I was. I just wish they'd gone for the death penalty on this one.

LOL, I'm sure you recall he lawyered up before he even arrived back home at the crime scene, the day of the crime!

Yep, some perps are soooo transparent. Their guilt is worn on their shirt sleeves the very first day the crime reaches the press! :crazy:

JMHO
fran

Exactly -- and, IMO, would a stranger do all that to some pregnant woman he did not know?? With a two-year old running around screaming?? She would have screamed & cried her little head off it if had been a stranger.

And steal nothing?

No, this was something similar to what little Cassidy had at least heard before -- her Mommie & Daddy yelling at each other, having another fight. She probably hid in her room.

We all know that this kind of slaughter comes from a deep, dark, rage-fueled place in a man who knows her well enough to hate her and beat her beyond recognition, IMHO.

Do we know if there was scratches on him
Or any defensive wounds?

It was hard not to sort of forget about the case because its been so long. I remember hearing about what happened to Michelle but I figured i missed the trial and he was already in jail..

I am following both trials with you.. Excited Casey Anthony starts Tuesday butt at the same time I think her defense will be sneaky with this and have her lie on the stand and tell more stories.. gulp!
and also waiting to hear about the Kelly Morris murder update.

I think we're gonna find out the baby was drugged and slept through the murder. At least, I hope she did. And I pray she has no memory of the time she spent alone with her dead mother.

This gives a better idea about the back and forth ...

Young-Map-Car-2.gif

LOL, I'm sure you recall he lawyered up before he even arrived back home at the crime scene, the day of the crime!

Yep, some perps are soooo transparent. Their guilt is worn on their shirt sleeves the very first day the crime reaches the press! :crazy:

JMHO
fran

Yup, now tell me that's not suspicious as all hell. By the time he get's back from *mommy's* he's already lawyered up with a fancy criminal defense team. Nothing shouts GUILTY quite as loudly as that IMO.

I don't recall, he lawyered up so fast.

Police called him when he was in the car returning to Raleigh, and he hung up on them. He hired a lawyer during that trip. His step father claims that it was his suggestion to hire a lawyer.

Or any defensive wounds?

He asked to come in for photos, but a court order was required and that took a few days. If there were minor scratches, they might have healed. Some thought that his knuckles looked swollen at the funeral.

Police called him when he was in the car returning to Raleigh, and he hung up on them. He hired a lawyer during that trip. His step father claims that it was his suggestion to hire a lawyer.

I've always wondered if his step-father did so because he thought Jason was guilty. I expected him to be with Pat, surprised by the other two with her. They flanked her like she needed protection. :innocent: Interesting that neither of his sisters were present.

Or any defensive wounds?

Not that I have heard -- he didn't have to go to the hospital or anything, didn't have a mugshot taken for some little while ( :mad: ) and who knows what he may have told his family if he did --->Mom, I changed a tire on the shoulder of the road amidst a bunch of trees & shrubs; don't worry, I'm okay <--- that's probably what I would have said...

Good question, CAdd...
icon5.gif

Surely, Shirley, he would have had some scratches on his hands or arms or face.

Was there blood on the bed? Is that where he struck the first blow? If so, he may have struck her so hard the 1st time, it might have rendered her unconscious from the get-go. OMG, what a horrible, hateful & inhuman thing to do to the woman your carrying your son ...

:maddening:Makes me wanna holler!:maddening: [end of mini-rant]

Originally Posted by fran

Yep, some perps are soooo transparent. Their guilt is worn on their shirt sleeves the very first day the crime reaches the press!
:crazy:

Yup, now tell me that's not suspicious as all hell. By the time he get's back from *mommy's* he's already lawyered up with a fancy criminal defense team. Nothing shouts GUILTY quite as loudly as that IMO.

Although I know most attorneys would tell you to clam up if you call them when in that situation, but seems to me that an innocent & caring spouse would be driving to the WCSO at top speed, and screaming at the top of his voice in agony.

But that's just me...

Not that I have heard -- he didn't have to go to the hospital or anything, didn't have a mugshot taken for some little while ( :mad: ) and who knows what he may have told his family if he did --->Mom, I changed a tire on the shoulder of the road amidst a bunch of trees & shrubs; don't worry, I'm okay <--- that's probably what I would have said...

Good question, CAdd...
icon5.gif

Surely, Shirley, he would have had some scratches on his hands or arms or face.

Was there blood on the bed? Is that where he struck the first blow? If so, he may have struck her so hard the 1st time, it might have rendered her unconscious from the get-go. OMG, what a horrible, hateful & inhuman thing to do to the woman your carrying your son ...

:maddening:Makes me wanna holler!:maddening: [end of mini-rant]

Yes, there was blood on the bed. It appears she had been sitting in bed, working, as there were papers from PE around her. Her body was found on the floor to the left of the bed near the closet.

I've wondered if she fell asleep and wasn't even awake for the first blow. I know a lot of people think the weapon was a maglite but I've always thought that perhaps it was a lamp base.

Is it just me, or would he have to be driving like a maniac to get from Raleigh to King in just an hour and a half? He's lucky he didn't get stopped on I-40. Of course that would have likely saved us taxpayers several years worth of investigation since his alibi would have been busted.

Yeah -- putting that pedal to the metal, all right! And all night!

Google-maps says from Raleigh to Hillsville is 171 miles, 2h:48m, using best route;
Hillsville to Clintwood is 148 miles, 2h:51m.

That may be why his knuckles may have looked swollen at the funeral -- gripping the steering wheel until his knuckles were as pale as his face.

I've always wondered if his step-father did so because he thought Jason was guilty. I expected him to be with Pat, surprised by the other two with her. They flanked her like she needed protection. :innocent: Interesting that neither of his sisters were present.

After something like 28 phone calls to mom that morning plus - he must have looked like a mess when he pulled into the yard after a sleepless night ... the step dad probably had some suspicions. On the other hand, the husband is the first to be ruled out in a spousal homicide and a lawyer would help in terms of understanding rights and procedure.

Jason's mom looks like she anticipating some trouble.

BBM - That little action moved him to the top of the suspect list, and he has never been behind any other suspect since the beginning -- and he has stayed there ever since...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500