Details About Burke's 1/8/97 Interview

He said there was never any evidence to suggest Burke was involved.
How can he clear someone that was NEVER a suspect,isn't that the real reason for the way he chooses his words?

I don't think they (the BPD) ever really looked for any evidence in regards to Burke. They probably thought a lot like so many other people do.

"He was just a 9 year old kid. No way could he do anything like that."

And they disregarded him completely. However I still wonder why he lied to officer Patterson when he was questioned while at the White's that same day.

The truth is that kids, some younger than 9, can and do kill. To exclude any child of the possibility of murder is, IMO, a mistake.

Mary Bell started killing children in her area long before her 10th birthday. Here is what she did to one young victim "Brian was found covered with grass and purple weeds. He had been strangled. Nearby, a pair of broken scissors lay in the grass. There were puncture marks on his thighs, and his genitals had been partially skinned. Clumps of his hair were cut away."

There are hundreds of other cases of children killing playmates and siblings. Some on purpose and some by accident. Some, like Mary Bell, due to the emotional and physical abuse she suffered at the hands of her mother.

I'm not claiming Burke did it, but he should have been thouroughly investigated so he could be officially cleared. It wasn't done. Neither Burke, Patsy, nor John Ramsey have ever been officially cleared, none of them have ever been officially called a suspect either.

The Ramsey's (John & Patsy) have both stated that Burke has been under the care of a psychiatrist for a very long time. Patsy during one interview and John in another (they can be found at ACR's website).

I believe in PMPT someone close to the Ramsey's (maybe LHP?) said that Burke had seriouse bed wetting and soiling issues. Those issues seemed to clear up when Patsy turned her attention towards JonBenet. JonBenet's issues worsend as Burke's improved.
Some say this is due to sexual abuse, however, stress, or performance anxiety can also cause these same symptoms.

I don't understand why discussing the facts about Burke (without anyone on this thread saying he actually did it) constitues "slander". Nobody on this thread is slandering Burke or making unfounded allegations. We are simply discussing why he was never really looked at and investigated, or officially cleared.

sissi said:
He said there was never any evidence to suggest Burke was involved.
How can he clear someone that was NEVER a suspect,isn't that the real reason for the way he chooses his words?

Sissi,

Your question should be "How can he clear someone who was NEVER investigated?". The BPD gave Burke a free pass because, in their opinion, Patsy did it and Burke was too little and scrawny to have committed the crime.

IMO it was the grand jury and its handpicked investigators who finally solved the crime in 1999 after 13 months of investigations. Kids likely did it, and all of the pieces of the puzzle seem to fit, even the fraudulent "never a suspect" utterances by the authorities, when they know NO ONE has ever been an official suspect.

JMO

I think my "Times up" on this particular thread, I choose not to debate the topic.
When one says, the police won't clear him, then later says the police didn't consider him, then another says a housekeeper said he stopped wetting when attentions turned toward Jonbenet (without consideration that this change was age appropriate),yet another comment about police reports as though they are the "bible of the case" when it's been pointed out over and over they were disputed even among the ranks of the BPD.
Nothing personal, I can't see it, and have said all I can say on this issue.

TressaRing28 said:
Really Sissi,
I think your just really pissed that someone has a opinion that does not match your own...

I am very happy that BlueCrab has brought these notes to light , You are always asking for him to source---- so get over it... Blue sourced!!!!! :furious:

I am on the fence about this case but, Bluecrab makes alot of sense about Burke.

Lets give him a chance with out you breaking down his sources..

Maybe you would enjoy posting Jameson's swamp forum?? Where you can only post NON Ramsey involvement. Just Pay your 50 bucks and post away.

If not let all points of view and sourced INFO in!!

Sure I enjoy your post on views of non Ramsey involvement but, You have not always sourced your info...

I don't understand your problem :waitasec:

Your reference to Brother Moon is just madness. Whats the deal behind that silliness? After all the sick posts and personal attacks Moon has made against us all, maybe your Akin to his personal ideas?

I am very disappointed with you Sissi--- I expected more tolerance.

This is just my opinion of course.
I can't belive your foolishness! You people want to gang up on Sissi because she has the "integrity" to base her opinions on "PRIMARY" sources of fact and yet you want to have "WILD" theories based on 3rd+ hand gossip barely fit for the Enquirer. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Fran Bancroft said:
I can't belive your foolishness! You people want to gang up on Sissi because she has the "integrity" to base her opinions on "PRIMARY" sources of fact and yet you want to have "WILD" theories based on 3rd+ hand gossip barely fit for the Enquirer. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Fran,

Please -- no one's ganging up on anyone. The stats on this forum show about 1/4 of us BDI; 1/4 of us IDI; and 1/2 of us PDI. How can there be ganging up?

And police reports are not wild theories based on gossip. The Bonita Papers are taken directly from the BPD police reports. You can't get much more credible than that unless you have personally interviewed someone yourself or someone has confessed directly to you.

Depositions are excellent sources too, of course, because they are taken under oath, but John managed to lie under oath in his deposition, and he got away with it. There's always someone lying under oath because there's always two sides to every story, but you gotta take what you can get.

JMO

Police reports are one thing, Bonita papers are another, as they are NOT a primary source. Even police reports are just that, a report, unless it is of evidence viewed by the police, the "statements" they take from individuals are also NOT a primary source. An statement from an individual directly is a primary source.

I would not stake my credibility on Bonita Papers, I think it is wise that Sissi prefers primary sources. The BP's may be interesting, they may lead one to think about something in another way, but they should not be confused with fact.
BlueCrab said:
Fran,

Please -- no one's ganging up on anyone. The stats on this forum show about 1/4 of us BDI; 1/4 of us IDI; and 1/2 of us PDI. How can there be ganging up?

And police reports are not wild theories based on gossip. The Bonita Papers are taken directly from the BPD police reports. You can't get much more credible than that unless you have personally interviewed someone yourself or someone has confessed directly to you.

Depositions are excellent sources too, of course, because they are taken under oath, but John managed to lie under oath in his deposition, and he got away with it. There's always someone lying under oath because there's always two sides to every story, but you gotta take what you can get.

JMO

sissi said:
Tressa Ring quote...Your reference to Brother Moon is just madness. Whats the deal behind that silliness? After all the sick posts and personal attacks Moon has made against us all, maybe your Akin to his personal ideas?

I am very disappointed with you Sissi--- I expected more tolerance.

You expect me to tolerate what? Slandering a child on an internet web site?
Brother moon is "attacking" adults, this thread is "attacking" a child, I was just pointing out the "thinking".

GET OVER IT... Its Blue's point of view Sissi... This is an opinion only Forum.

You might as well take your medicine, and go on posting.

Again your---- Non tolerance is troubling Sissi...

Sissi your non tolerence means you don't expect others opinions and points of view. Troubling indeed

Fran Bancroft said:

Fran you don't understand your on foolishness, Sissi is not tolerent of others
opinions and points of view. You must remember to post here you must go by terms of service and on that note maybe you need to re-read the terms.

This is a opinion only forum....

Everyone needs to stop calling each other "foolish." I can't edit every post that has the word in it (since there are so many, plus in the quotes) so I'll ask. It may not be an attack but is namecalling so please refrain from doing it.

Thanks.

Obviously prefers to deal with facts not spin. Bonnita papers are not fact. Burke was cleared and Ramseys have won the lawsuits they filed on his behalf..... This Burke did it theory is pathetic.

BeeBee said:
Everyone needs to stop calling each other "foolish." I can't edit every post that has the word in it (since there are so many, plus in the quotes) so I'll ask. It may not be an attack but is namecalling so please refrain from doing it.

Thanks.

Well its finally good to see you moderating ;)

Tressa

Remember me beebs?

jasmine said:
Obviously prefers to deal with facts not spin. Bonnita papers are not fact. Burke was cleared and Ramseys have won the lawsuits they filed on his behalf..... This Burke did it theory is pathetic.
When one has facts and reason on their side, their is no need to come up with nonsense and attack others for sticking with facts.

I commend you for your desire and ability to distinguish facts from fiction.

TressaRing28 said:
Well its finally good to see you moderating ;)

Tressa

Remember me beebs?
You attack people such as Sissi and her opinion that differs from yours. You use such language as this:

Really Sissi,
I think your just really pissed that someone has a opinion that does not match your own...

And then you "chum up" with the mod so that you can violate terms of service and expect to use the mod to assist you in shushing anyone you don't agree with? Is this what you mean by "terms"-YOUR "terms"?

Fran Bancroft said:
When one has facts and reason on their side, their is no need to come up with nonsense and attack others for sticking with facts.

I commend you for your desire and ability to distinguish facts from fiction.

I Agree. :clap:

I like the idea of throwing around different theories but it is total nonsense when you dont stick to the known facts. I think it is a good idea to keep reminding everyone of the facts in this case because they seem to get lost.....

jasmine said:
I like the idea of throwing around different theories but it is total nonsense when you dont stick to the known facts. I think it is a good idea to keep reminding everyone of the facts in this case because they seem to get lost.....
Agreed!!

Fran Bancroft said:
You attack people such as Sissi and her opinion that differs from yours. You use such language as this:

Really Sissi,

And then you "chum up" with the mod so that you can violate terms of service and expect to use the mod to assist you in shushing anyone you don't agree with? Is this what you mean by "terms"-YOUR "terms"?
I think you pretty well summed it up!

twizzler333 said:
Fran-

Did you mean to say "Really Sissi" in that post? OR am I reading it wrong?
That was a quote from the above post by Tressa-those were Tressa's words, I didn't do the quote thing correctly. Sorry.

jasmine said:

Jasmine,

o The Bonita Papers contain numerous facts copied directly from police reports.

o Burke has never been cleared.

o The Ramseys have not won any of the lawsuits filed on behalf of Burke. They were all settled.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back