Details About Burke's 1/8/97 Interview

BlueCrab said:
Jasmine,

o The Bonita Papers contain numerous facts copied directly from police reports.

o Burke has never been cleared.

o The Ramseys have not won any of the lawsuits filed on behalf of Burke. They were all settled.

JMO
Did you actually expect those lawsuits to go to trial? Of course they didnt! The parties being sued PAID the Ramseys. Burke has been cleared. The Bonnita Papers are just that....Bonnita's papers. I can make papers too.

BlueCrab said:
Jasmine,

o The Bonita Papers contain numerous facts copied directly from police reports.

o Burke has never been cleared.

o The Ramseys have not won any of the lawsuits filed on behalf of Burke. They were all settled.

JMO
With respect to the Bonita Papers vs. Police reports, I still think it is best to use the reports themselves rather than have an interpreter i.e. the Bonita Papers.

With respect to Burke being cleared, I did read, without recollection where, that he was indeed cleared-which very much piques my curiousity. I will be searching to find this again and would enjoy discussion.

With regard to "settled" lawsuits, most PI lawyers I know recommend settlements, the earlier, the less $ you accept, the later the settlement, the more $ the plaintiff demands. Of course, the benefit to the defendant is often the do not "acknowledge" wrongdoing, however they "pay" for the wrong doing.

If it were my child, I would insist upon a public apology as part of the settlement, but, who knows how difficult that would be to obtain.

Fran, The Rocky Mountain News carried a story on May 21, 1999 which quoted the DA's office. I put it on another thread a week or so ago. I didnt know how to post a link so I just quoted the RMN.

Fran Bancroft said:
With respect to Burke being cleared, I did read, without recollection where, that he was indeed cleared-which very much piques my curiousity. I will be searching to find this again and would enjoy discussion.

Fran,

Take my word for it -- BURKE HAS NEVER BEEN CLEARED. No one of authority will clear Burke Ramsey. The only time you find it written that Burke has been cleared is from reporters who, because they don't know the case very well and don't know the tricks being pulled by the DA's office, wrongly interpret Alex Hunter's tricky October, 12, 2000 affidavit (which was written by Lin Wood but signed by Alex Hunter) as "clearing" Burke, even though Hunter didn't even use the word cleared.

Burke has never been cleared by anyone of authority, including Hunter, Keenan, Beckner, Carnes, or anyone else of authority.

JMO

Bluecrab but Alex Hunter did clear Burke himself on LKL.....Ill find it again for you.

BlueCrab said:
Fran,

Take my word for it -- BURKE HAS NEVER BEEN CLEARED. No one of authority will clear Burke Ramsey. The only time you find it written that Burke has been cleared is from reporters who, because they don't know the case very well and don't know the tricks being pulled by the DA's office, wrongly interpret Alex Hunter's tricky October, 12, 2000 affidavit (which was written by Lin Wood but signed by Alex Hunter) as "clearing" Burke, even though Hunter didn't even use the word cleared.

Burke has never been cleared by anyone of authority, including Hunter, Keenan, Beckner, Carnes, or anyone else of authority.

JMO
Blue Crab, I enjoy your posts very much, so please do not take my comment personally. Here goes...IF I took your word for it, I would be a hypocrit as I am continually making the point that "primary" sources are important. If I won't accept the Bonita Paper as a good source to form my opinion, nor will I accept it from another, ANY, WSer.

I enjoy your posts, and respect your knowledge of the crime. I enjoy dialoging with you. You may very well be correct, I did "read" that he was cleared somewhere, but the point really is WAS he, and if so, by whom? I really cannot comment further, until and unless I, or anyone else, can source whether he was or was not cleared.

Sincerely,
Fran

Fran Bancroft said:
Alex Hunter was on Larry King Live and said Burke was not a suspect. I found it a week or so ago when I found the Rocky Mtn News article where they quoted the DA's office saying Burke was not a suspect.

jasmine said:
Fran, The Rocky Mountain News carried a story on May 21, 1999 which quoted the DA's office. I put it on another thread a week or so ago. I didnt know how to post a link so I just quoted the RMN.
Copy and past the address bar from the news article to your post.

Fran, I am trying to find both links and will post them.

jasmine said:
Alex Hunter was on Larry King Live and said Burke was not a suspect. I found it a week or so ago when I found the Rocky Mtn News article where they quoted the DA's office saying Burke was not a suspect.
Ooooh, careful..."not a suspect" vs. being "cleared" could "imply" the same thing, but may not be the same.

For me "personally" I think "not being a suspect" is consistent with my own theory, but the words "cleared" may be important to others on this forum.

jasmine said:
May 21, 1999 article
~snip~
Brother cleared as suspect in JonBenet case

Boulder DA officially removes Burke Ramsey from investigation

[font=arial,helvetica]By Charlie Brennan
Denver Rocky Mountain News Staff Writer </B>
[/font]

BOULDER -- JonBenet Ramsey's brother was cleared Thursday as a suspect in the child beauty queen's murder. "Burke is not a suspect," said Suzanne Laurion, a spokeswoman

~snip~

jasmine said:
8. From December 26th, 1996, to the present date, I have never engaged n plea bargain negotiations, talks or discussions with anyone in connection with the investigation into the murder of JonBenét Ramsey based in whole or in part on the premise that Burke Ramsey killed his sister. From December 26th, 1996, to the present date, no member of my office has ever engaged in plea bargain negotiations, talks or discussions with anyone in connection with the investigation into the murder of JonBenét Ramsey based in whole or in part on the premise that Burke Ramsey killed his sister.
~snip~

Fran Bancroft said:
Ooooh, careful..."not a suspect" vs. being "cleared" could "imply" the same thing, but may not be the same.

For me "personally" I think "not being a suspect" is consistent with my own theory, but the words "cleared" may be important to others on this forum.
Well if he is not a suspect why would he need to be cleared?

Suzanne Laurion did not say Burke was cleared. She said Burke was not a suspect. The NEWSPAPER said Burke was cleared. Besides, Laurion doesn't have the authority to clear anyone.

Burke has never been cleared.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund