Detective Melich flying to CA to meet with the Padilla's. Confirmed!!!

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. Been sick for days and have no idea why I am not in bed. I have no doubt in my mind that she has no clue who's that baby's father. But how embarrassing would that be to tell people? Maury Povich would have a field day! Do I think that she would use the baby and lie to use people? Absolutely!! We've seen her do it with her mother and unfortunately, women do that all the time. And she appears to be very gifted at using people and getting her way and stealing, etc... She also appears to be very self-centered and cares far more for herself than her child.

I wouldn't put anything past her and lying to someone about being the baby's father isn't really all that out there, since we saw her do it once and I believe, we know she has done far worse. She pulled it off the first time for a full 10 months after the baby was born and had been telling the lie while she was still pregnant. Once he gets her to California, he can't force her back on the plane. I think that the sheer curiosity of the having to tell him something and not knowing how he would react and having to come all the way out there to tell him?? He is 22 years old. I live on the largest naval base in the world. We have young members from all branches and they live in the barracks, or on the ship and get the first real paychecks of their lives. They don't know it is not much and many of them think they have all the money in the world when they first get in. I don't know. Just seemed she used everyone she came in contact with, why not him too? Maybe her backup plan??

definitely possible. i just think in this day and age, and sadly enough for sure, when an unattached female tells a unattchaed male she's pregnant, he asks for proof first. i don't think she'd get very far with it once she hit that step, unless she did in fact take his dna without him knowing.

definitely possible. i just think in this day and age, and sadly enough for sure, when an unattached female tells a unattchaed male she's pregnant, he asks for proof first. i don't think she'd get very far with it once she hit that step, unless she did in fact take his dna without him knowing.

(and sometimes attached, too.......:waitasec:)

I do believe that he would ask for proof, but if she could get her ticket out there to do the test...she doesn't need him anymore.

Not aware of any tissue. The hair, imo, has a partial and mitochondrial result. I have read, several think that means that a full DNA was not available from the sample. I disagree entirely. I believe that because paternity has yet to be established, there is no male comparison of paternity of Caylee to create the full strand/profile. If it had been Casey's as she has living parents, a full dna result would have been possible..

That is exacly why JB tried to slide that motion in last week to stop testing. He knows a comparison resulting in a full DNA profile eradicates reasonable doubt as to who was in the trunk.

Aha!!! Makes perfect sense. That must be one of the primary reasons YM is on his way to old C a l i f o r n i a.

The "scenario" I am referencing is SOP. Some jurisdictions are so small their detectives catch whatever case comes along, be it homicide, burglary, whatever. This is not the case with OCSD.
Ok, so your saying then that the current scenario of investigation into Caylee's case is breaking the standard SOP for OSCO? Just want to be clear on your postion.

Aha!!! Makes perfect sense. That must be one of the primary reasons YM is on his way to old C a l i f o r n i a.
If I were them, I would be testing every possiblity even to exclude when the stories come a-flyin'..

LOL...ah, the memories! I think the one today regarding Casey's newly discovered LE bedmates may turn out that way, just all kinds of bad (but fun bad!)
Haven't been there yet...the next stop on my journey tonight! Have to kill a lot of time between now and Thursday...

Are we there yet, no! Are we there yet, no! (Simpsons, anyone?)

Why would OCSO spend the money to go out there to get a DNA swab from MH when they could just send paperwork for it, mind you MH would have to agree or YM would have to get a court order. Maybe that is why he is going out there. He needs a statement from LP and Company to have enough umph to get a judge to sign a court order. Just thinking aloud here.
Maybe someone knows the answer to this. Can YM take a depo from someone when he is not in his juristiction or would it have to be done through the local LE office?

They have not said they are going to see marine, we have speculated that...they said going to see the Padillas, at least is how I remember, but I am old, lol

I thought homicide cops arrested her the night of the circus?

Yes, that created quite an "impression" didn't it? They are still not in charge of Caylee's case.

Ok, so your saying then that the current scenario of investigation into Caylee's case is breaking the standard SOP for OSCO? Just want to be clear on your postion.

If you go back to my first post on this subject I said "things may be different down in Orlando.."

But I don't think so.

They have not said they are going to see marine, we have speculated that...they said going to see the Padillas, at least is how I remember, but I am old, lol

I read that but I was wondering why go to the expense to go out there unless it was for something that you really needed to get done. Hence a very detailed statement from LP or one of his team so that there could be no question about the validity of it when it was given as evidence to a judge or for that fact a jury. I am just trying to figure out why he would go out there when so much can be done via phone, fax, email other LE officers.
This case has had to really put a hurting on OCSO budget.

I am of the belief it is to keep it legal, but just my opinion and yes the ticker is running up on costs

Yes, that created quite an "impression" didn't it? They are still not in charge of Caylee's case.

If you go back to my first post on this subject I said "things may be different down in Orlando.."

But I don't think so.

I must say, I was quite impressed. They could be in charge of the case, they don't have to disclose everything.

anyways, I can't imagine what they want with LP that they couldn't have covered when he was in town.

not aware of any tissue. The hair, imo, has a partial and mitochondrial result. I have read, several think that means that a full dna was not available from the sample. I disagree entirely. I believe that because paternity has yet to be established, there is no male comparison of paternity of caylee to create the full strand/profile. If it had been casey's as she has living parents, a full dna result would have been possible..

That is exacly why jb tried to slide that motion in last week to stop testing. He knows a comparison resulting in a full dna profile eradicates reasonable doubt as to who was in the trunk.

jackpot

Haven't been there yet...the next stop on my journey tonight! Have to kill a lot of time between now and Thursday...

Are we there yet, no! Are we there yet, no! (Simpsons, anyone?)

Lucky you with time to kill! I'm just returning back to work after an extended leave and going through major WS withdrawals during the day! :mad:

wow. where did this info come from? It seems like we should not be knowing what the LE is doing before they do it, even if it is just a trip. Was it leaked from LE or from elsewhere? thanks if anyone can enlighten as to the orig source.

I believe it was from a live broadcast in Orlando, Fox 35. And they said that YM was going to meet with LP and his staff. I've always wondered what the female the was with Casey 24/7 witnessed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back