*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers to the families if the victims and to the survivors who will have to live with those images in their mind forever.

Sad that we have to thought court proceedings and pay so much money in up keep for this murderer when we know for sure he did it. Should just take him out now like in the old days and save money and heart ache.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Just give him a speedy trial and execution. It is in the Constitution.

Sixth Amendment
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

President Obama said "There are gonna be other days for politics, this I think is a day of prayer and reflection."

He paused and took a moment of silence.

Your President is a real class act! xo

If he does get the death penalty it will be a long haul. One of the people on death row in Colorado, commited a mass murder of 4-5 people in Aurora back in 1993 or 1994. He is still alive.

I want to know what his mother knows. JMO This is so horrible, I can't even believe it. It seems to me that he was playing out the Bane character but I hope he doesn't try to play the insanity card for this. I will be staying away from theaters too now, like the other poster who is creeped out in movie theaters, I always have anxiety in one. RIP to all the victims, wishing speedy recovery to the injured and prayers to all the friends and family for your healing. Horrible.

She sure wasnt shocked at all.

Chilling.

imo

Local news, 9News, said he is from San Diego and went to Colorado to pursue a PHD, so possibly.

Medical doctors pursue an M.D. A Ph.D. is more common for doctors of other fields.

http://9gag.com/

This is a site for 9gag and it seems to be a harmless site to post humorous things. Unless he thinks the murders are humorous.

IMO

9Gag posts meme's and are often in competition with 4Chan, usually involving the 9Gag Army. There have been some "attacks" on 9gag by 4Chan and vice versa. It is one of those internet war things. From what I am hearing 4Chan thought it would be funny to blame 9Gag, but that is all so far.

Local news, 9News, said he is from San Diego and went to Colorado to pursue a PHD, so possibly.

That's rather interesting. I wonder what he was studying.

She sure wasnt shocked at all.

Chilling.

imo

Seeing as he doesn't have a criminal record, I'm wondering if he had some mental issues throughout his life that would make his mom know he was the one. Interesting.

Daily Mail's a perfectly good source. I've noted only a very few times when facts were wrong - reporting errors mainly, and corrected in subsequent editions of their internet product. Indeed, other MSM sources make as many initial reporting errors. Much of the Mail's reporting is garnered from U.S. sources - not only AP but also local MSM and, as you say, they have it up before most anyone, certainly better at it than CNN, which has become a joke, regularly listing Mail stories two days later even though they've taken place in America. While the Mail is in fact a tabloid, it's one that has been around for over a century, first as a broadsheet and then in the 1970s changing format.

Sources to avoid are from those whose writers make their $$$ per page hit: Examiner, Gather, IBT, American Journal. These feature amateur writing and almost no independent reporting.

I actually think their site is fantastic. They are so complete in their articles and give much more detailed information and photos too. It seems they are on top of things that happen in our country more than some of our own media.

IMO

I want to know what his mother knows. JMO This is so horrible, I can't even believe it. It seems to me that he was playing out the Bane character but I hope he doesn't try to play the insanity card for this. I will be staying away from theaters too now, like the other poster who is creeped out in movie theaters, I always have anxiety in one. RIP to all the victims, wishing speedy recovery to the injured and prayers to all the friends and family for your healing. Horrible.

JMO but that's what terrorists want. If everyone stays away from movie theaters, he prevailed I know it's hard and I know those of us who have children will now be terrified but we can't stop living because of these cowards!!!

We have to show them we are NOT afraid. 9/11 taught us that.

:hug:

I've read the shooter entered the theater through an Exit door. It hasn't been said if it was one that led to an area outside the theater. Certainly he didn't purchase a ticket and walk through the lobby with his gun and gas mask on, as I'd think someone would notice. If he did enter via an Exit door from outside the theater, why wouldn't his door be locked barring entry from outside the theater? Most emergency exit doors are locked from the outside and can be opened from the inside. Someone has to answer to this?

Seeing as he doesn't have a criminal record, I'm wondering if he had some mental issues throughout his life that would make his mom know he was the one. Interesting.

I wonder what James Holmes relationship was with his parents and any siblings he may have.

Daily Mail's a perfectly good source. I've noted only a very few times when facts were wrong - reporting errors mainly, and corrected in subsequent editions of their internet product. Indeed, other MSM sources make as many initial reporting errors. Much of the Mail's reporting is garnered from U.S. sources - not only AP but also local MSM and, as you say, they have it up before most anyone, certainly better at it than CNN, which has become a joke, regularly listing Mail stories two days later even though they've taken place in America. While the Mail is in fact a tabloid, it's one that has been around for over a century, first as a broadsheet and then in the 1970s changing format.

Sources to avoid are from those whose writers make their $$$ per page hit: Examiner, Gather, IBT, American Journal. These feature amateur writing and almost no independent reporting.

A Tabloid is an OK "source" for places like WS or the general public but this explanation gives a bit of insight into why an academic paper writer would want to avoid its use a reference citation:

Tabloids

"In the technical sense, tabloid refers to a type of newspaper that typically measures 11 X 17 inches and is five columns across, narrower than a broadsheet newspaper. Since tabloids are smaller, their stories tend to be shorter than those found in broadsheets.

And while broadsheet readers tend to be upscale suburbanites, tabloid readers are often working class residents of big cities. Indeed, many city dwellers prefer tabloids because they are easy to carry and read on the subway or bus.

Tabloids also tend to be more irreverent and slangy in their writing style than their more serious broadsheet brothers. In a crime story, a broadsheet refers to a police officer, while the tabloid calls him a cop. And while a broadsheet might spend dozens of column inches on "serious" news - say, a major bill being debated in Congress - a tabloid is more likely to zero in on a heinous sensational crime story or celebrity gossip."

http://journalism.about.com/od/trends/a/tabloidsbroadsheets.htm

Perhaps but then it does make one wonder how he was a medical student if that part is true.

As a mother though even if one of my children suffered from mental illness, I would be shocked and horrified to know they walked into a movie and killed so many innocent people. I sure wouldnt be able to accept it right away.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member