*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From CNN 9:03 am
Victim rigged devices in the apartment... (booby traps) ..Thermal chemicals in devices... some expertise... not a novice device.... Targeted first responders.
ATF and chemists from DC as well as bomb disposal teams...

on scene at apartment...

FINAL list of victims that succumbed to attack due at 10 am EST.

Thank you. I have a bad feeling I'm going to be sick...

Can somebody answer a question for me.

Last night there was an interview with a younger looking guy with his back to the camera. I guess the police wouldn't let him come in the hospital to see his ??? ex-wife???? but he said his baby was killed.

What is the story with that guy and why was the reporter such a meanie to him? She was a little harsh. I heard something about him leaving.......but I had a house full of teens so I wasn't able to get the full story.

Thanks.

That was the dad of the 6 yr old.
Called at 3:00am his baby mama? x wife? Ashley and 6 yr old daughter injured...
SCROLL DOWN TO 5TH PICTURE AND HIT PLAY...
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ical-aurora-slaughter-video-article-1.1118735

Can somebody answer a question for me.

Last night there was an interview with a younger looking guy with his back to the camera. I guess the police wouldn't let him come in the hospital to see his ??? ex-wife???? but he said his baby was killed.

What is the story with that guy and why was the reporter such a meanie to him? She was a little harsh. I heard something about him leaving.......but I had a house full of teens so I wasn't able to get the full story.

Thanks.

That man was the father of the six year old killed, she had been at the movie with her mom who was injured, also. Apparently there had been some sort of altercation between him and hospital security or LE at the hospital because they would not allow him to see the mother who was an EX wife. Whether that involved some kind of actual prior restraining order or what is unknown. The father said that "because of something he said" they were restricting him from entering the hospital to visit the ex-wife.

Ya, last night there was a glimmer of hope because some non-MSM website reported he was alive. But it seemed shady, and it was.

His father's picture is such a portrait of raw, unimaginable grief it tears me up to keep seeing it. From everything I read, this young man had so much love and life in his world.

That photo where he is hugging two women brought tears to my eyes too.

Part of me disliked the media photographing their grief and found it to be hugely intrusive, but another part of me sort of says this shows the true devastating consequences of the shooter actions. I am conflicted as to whether or not that photo should have been published.

Catching up here. Truly a blessing his plan was foiled. Had LE been at the apt. first he would have had much more time in that theatre. Based on the amount of ammo he had my gawd :what: He intended many,many more victims.

Catching up here. Truly a blessing his plan was foiled. Had LE been at the apt. first he would have had much more time in that theatre. Based on the amount of ammo he had my gawd :what: He intended many,many more victims.

This is my THEORY only....but I believe that he did not RECEIVE a phone call and then exit the theatre....I think that it will be found that he was MAKING a phone call which triggered the music to blare at his apartment. When he was preparing his armor and guns outside he KNEW it didn't work, as he heard no explosion or sirens moving in the direction of his apartment. Therefore, when LE did show up at the theatre and detained him, he informed them about the explosives at that time.

jmo

As to the dad of the six year old, ugly things can be said between already warring family members in the heat of the moment.

When my husband died, my MIL said.... things... to me. I get it now, but holy crap.

I feel so bad for him.

WHAT?? Tell my best friend that, who just finished her PhD at UCD to the tune of $120,000.

What PhD program was that? In science people normally don't pay for a PhD. And never mind that it already has been reported he was in fact paid for working in a research program.

"As a grad student you have an opportunity to work for the university in the research program for the programs that you're studying," university spokeswoman Jacque Montgomery said. "He worked in the neurosciences program. It is a paid position."
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-suspect-profile/index.html

10 am CNN report
John Larimer? navy... deceased.. the rest we knew about...

While sleuthing around on the web, I found this youtube video from a neuroscience guy named James Fallon. He is related to Lizzie Borden, and discusses the biology of psychopathic killers. Sort of interesting......

[video=youtube;Vx8RxRn6dWU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx8RxRn6dWU[/video]

I'm catching up here and may have missed. Has there been any reports from Theatres beefing up? I worry about copycats.

What PhD program was that? In science people normally don't pay for a PhD. And never mind that it already has been reported he was in fact paid for working in a research program.

"As a grad student you have an opportunity to work for the university in the research program for the programs that you're studying," university spokeswoman Jacque Montgomery said. "He worked in the neurosciences program. It is a paid position."
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-suspect-profile/index.html

Unfortunately I can attest personally to the fact that this is a misleading statement. YES, grad students are often paid a small salary. In the sciences it is usually for some type of a lab research study done on federal or private industry grant money. BUT, it does not cover much more than basic living expenses. It would normally be between $1500 and $2000 dollars a month at the most. Below is one ESTIMATE I found handy to gauge the cost of the average tuition and fees and living expenses for a graduate student in the USA.

Tuition - $43,930

Room & Board - $18,973*

Books & Supplies - $1,200

Personal Expenses - $1,300

Travel - $500

Mandatory Health Insurance - $1,800 (estimated)

Matriculation Fee (1st year students) - $500

Total Cost - $68,203

http://www.grad.jhu.edu/admissions/cost-financial-aid/

The starred amount for room and board is what is normally covered by being a "paid" position.

Unfortunately I can attest personally to the fact that this is a misleading statement. YES, grad students are often paid a small salary. In the sciences it is usually for some type of a lab research study done on federal or private industry grant money. BUT, it does not cover much more than basic living expenses. It would normally be between $1500 and $2000 dollars a month at the most. Below is one ESTIMATE I found handy to gauge the cost of the average tuition and fees and living expenses for a graduate student in the USA.

Tuition - $43,930

Room & Board - $18,973*

Books & Supplies - $1,200

Personal Expenses - $1,300

Travel - $500

Mandatory Health Insurance - $1,800 (estimated)

Matriculation Fee (1st year students) - $500

Total Cost - $68,203

http://www.grad.jhu.edu/admissions/cost-financial-aid/

The starred amount for room and board is what is normally covered by being a "paid" position.
I never said it paid a lot. But in a PhD program in sciences, students normally don't pay tuition and get a small amount of money on top of it for whatever it is they are doing.

I'll post it, but then take it down if someone wants.

on the site Glocktalk.com, apparently someone had a bad experience trading gear with him?

http://glocktalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-627184.html

ldmaster initiated an offer to trade me a couple Glock mags for a CQB 3-point sling I had listed FS/FT in the Accessories section (http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=613158). I accepted his trade offer, and he agreed to send out the mags immediately, upon receipt of which I'd get the sling on its way. ldmaster strung me along for several weeks, promising he'd get the mags on their way to me ASAP, making up different excuses why they hadn't been sent, then abruptly stopped responding to my numerous emails trying to determine why the mags had not arrived after week after week had gone by with the mags still not having arrived. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY UNLESS YOU WANT TO WASTE YOUR TIME FOR NO GOOD REASON.

As to the dad of the six year old, ugly things can be said between already warring family members in the heat of the moment.

When my husband died, my MIL said.... things... to me. I get it now, but holy crap.

I feel so bad for him.

Yes, and to know your 6 year old child is in the hospital and not being able to get to her, would make me an animal. I'd probably get kicked out too if I was unable to see her because I would be unleashed with a primal need to get to her. I can't even imagine. And then to find out she was deceased. It's too much for anybody to judge what they would do.

I never said it paid a lot. But in a PhD program in sciences, students normally don't pay tuition and get a small amount of money on top of it for whatever it is they are doing.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree....these students DO pay tuition and fees at VERY high rates. My DH, myself and my DS all have advanced degrees from three different institutions. NONE of us received free tuition and neither did ANY of the other students with whom we were studying at the various times or places.

Believe me....if advanced degrees were FREE and PAID positions, MILLIONS of out of work college graduates would be ecstatic in this country right now!!!!!!!!

jmo

Oh wait! CNN briefing...
about apartment...
FBI ATF
county PD's
3 phases
1 render area safe ?controlled detention
possible fire at this time...
2 removal and disposal possible controlled detonation as well
3 investigation

*not rushing anything
*there is no "timeline"
*will advise before any "booms"

still are unknowns
jars may contain accelerants...

2pm briefing at AMC on Almeda?
twitter@AuroraPD

That is correct. I am about to finish my Ph.D. in Psychology. My tuition is paid and I receive a small salary. I do have to pay for student health insurance and fees related to the tuition. I get more than the average graduate student, but it's still not enough to live off so I have had to take loans, but it certainly does add up to $100k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500