Diane Fanning True Crime author on the Anthony Case

Is this by any chance the NY writer that hired LP way back at the beginning?

She hasn't been on yet, it is tonight at 10 PM EST / 9 CST / 7 PST.

About an hour after my show goes off the air, it is put on the website later and you can listen to it, and even download it as a podcast.

Thanks everyone for caring.
Thanks for letting us know, Levi!! I will be listening!

(Maybe I should catch your show, too...since I just noticed you are a fellow Okie n all. :p)

I sell Diane Fanning books all the time - I'm surprised that Ann Rule isn't covering this case - tho I have to remember that many authors I think will cover this case and we'll see a few books out on the market

As for the movie - any studio can make a movie without the families blessing - so lets say after the trial, a Lifetime movie comes out or what ever network - the family doesn't always get money or rights - the trial is public domain - all the network needs is the writer to follow the trial/case either at the trial or through the media this whole time - they get casting, film and viola! Lifetime movie

So what needs to happen is that if the A's are shopping around they better do it quickly because soon, all of this will be out with the trial and the A's will have missed the money train

I was hoping Ann Rule would write a book on this case, however she is not one to have a book on the stands in five minutes. She usually attends the trial and it is quite awhile after the fact that she actually has the book finished. I do like her style of writing. I am not familiar with Diane Fanning, I will have to check out her books if I can find them.

I know Diane Fanning isn't from New York. I know authors write for a living and make their money by writing, just as we make our living by being a nurse, bus driver, barber, or as in my case, nothing:).
I would expect any author or bus driver to give to charities of their choice, just as I do.
Maybe I'm not making sense....a book can be written by anyone (who can get it published) about anything...does that mean that a percentage of every book written must be donated toward the subject of the book?
I don't know any authors personally, but I'd imagine that Ann Rule and Diane Fanning, as well as other authors, are as giving as any of us.
^i^

Is this by any chance the NY writer that hired LP way back at the beginning?

For those who missed Diane Fanning on the Levi Page Show I will be posting a detailed summary of the interview momentarily. :)

L: GR discussed last night on his program that an investigater for the defense said that the PI"s tape of the crime scene where Caylee's remains were recovered proves that Caylee's body was not there. Although Geraldo had the tape, he was not allowed to air it. Have you heard this and how will this effect the integrity of the crime scene?

D: No I hadn't. It would be difficult to say without actually seeing the tape, I mean there are all kinds of possibilities. Just the angle of a camara lens can be misleading. In terms of disturbing the crime scene, I recall the Chandra Levi case that involved searches such as this as well and the concern at that time about disturbing the crime scene.

L: More information has come out about Mr. Kronk, the MR who found Caylee's remains and contacted the authorities. Now apparently he was suspected of kidnapping his wife back in the early 90' but he was never indicted on the charge. Will that play a role in the upcoming trial?

D: Well it will play a role in his personal life and he'll get kicked back and forth by the defense but I really don;t feel that a jury will give it much weight.

Question by Caller: Will there be any charges brought against any of the family member's?

D: I think if the prosecution says that there will be no charges , although their not obligated, they could change their minds, but generally if they say that they won't, they won't. I recall a case in which the son (adult) participated in concealing a parent's crime, LE didn't press charges because by doing so, it could open it up to the defense to claim that the son was actually responsible for the crime.

Question by Caller: Why is JD from WKMG, local 6 the only one to report that there is strong evidence that KCA intentionally killed Caylee?

D: Well because she has a good source. She may be a long-time local there, perhaps even personally know someone connected to the investigation but she wouldn't report it without a reliable source.

L: LP has been on TV giving his theories about Kronk somehow being involved, giving all kinds of crazy theories. How can that effect a jury?

D: Most if not all juror's are going to hear something about this case, there's really no way to quanitively determine how that effects the outcome.

L: How do you think that the case is going against KC, would you say that it's strong?

D: Well the more specific on the science the better for the proecution's case. It looks like it's getting stronger and more specific. I can say that this isn't going to be another Mary Winkler case, KC won't walk out.

L: Will the death penalty be back on the table because of the duct tape evidence?

D: The prosecuter announced his decision, no death penalty and I'm not sure that can be changed..

L: From what I understand they can change their mind and I actually thought that they would where they actually have a body now.

D: Well it's not always wise to go with the death penalty. Juror's have a harder time, especially with someone like KC who doesn't fit that stereo-typical profile of a hardened criminal. Also it would unreasonably delay the trial by at least a year.

L: Factoring in permeditation, death of a child under the age of ten but your right, she doesn't fit that stereao-typical idea of a hardened criminal but here she is out dancing and partying while her kids rotting.

D: It also costs alot more to bring the death penalty, not to mention, juror's have a really hard time giving the death penalty to a woman.

L: When do you think that this will go to trial?

D: I understand that there is a trial date set for March 5th or early March.

L: Do you foresee any delays?

D: Well I would have thought that would have come up at the last hearing if that were the case but they may do that at the next hearing in January.

L: Are alot of people following this case that you have seen?

D: I can't imagine too many people who aren't aware of this case, maybe not daily like some of us but at least on a weekly basis.

L: How does it effect a case with such a high interest as this?

D: Well it effects the change of venue motion, it's hard to say if it will make a difference from one county to another when the whole country is watching. Even European reporter's are here covering this.

L: Well I want to thank you for being here with us tonight.

D: Thank you for having me, it was a pleasure.

END.

Personally, I'd love to see a book on this case. There's just been so much stuff going on that I think reading a book about it would help me understand everything.
I think everyone can safely put up a new shelf on your book case if you want to collect every book that is going to come out about this case once the trial is over.
The Anthony's,Defense team and Geraldo's production company,Any of Casey's friends,Prosecution team members,God knows how many local reporters and journalists not to mention nationaly known authors that are watching this case.
There will be books.

Have any of you read any of Diane Fanning's books? "Through The Window"
"Into the Water", "The Pastor's Wife"? ETC
I had read all of Ann Rule's books and thought there would never
be a true crime author I'd enjoy as much.
Diane has an amazing ability to take you into the characters, the scene
and crime.
I can't imagine anyone telling this story better.

I thought I was aware of all of the good authors as I read a lot but I've never read any of her books. I'll have to write those titles down and see if I can find the books. I've read all of Ann Rules books too. Glad to hear there is another author out there that is as interesting as Ann.

I hope that this book on Caylee isn't published until after the trial so we get the whole story.

if someone doesn't have a request for the book and would like to put this to her, plz do:

I cannot imagine the thinking or the psychology behind someone like ca going on NATIONAL TV and lying (LK show) to the nation when any reasonable person knows that a considerable group of people watching WOULD KNOW they are lying.

What thinking/psychology would allow for that?

it is beyond me????

What exactly did Cindy lie about on Larry King? Far as I know, they had not been told that Caylee's remains had been found when they taped the show, and as a matter of fact, the remains were not positively id'd until several days after they returned home. What she and George said on LKL was what they believed at the time.

What exactly did Cindy lie about on Larry King? Far as I know, they had not been told that Caylee's remains had been found when they taped the show, and as a matter of fact, the remains were not positively id'd until several days after they returned home. What she and George said on LKL was what they believed at the time.

How about that their PI's had proof that everything KC said was true?????

How about that their PI's had proof that everything KC said was true?????

And she flat out denied saying it smells like there is a damn body in the care, even after they played the tape.

I know Diane Fanning isn't from New York. I know authors write for a living and make their money by writing, just as we make our living by being a nurse, bus driver, barber, or as in my case, nothing:).
I would expect any author or bus driver to give to charities of their choice, just as I do.
Maybe I'm not making sense....a book can be written by anyone (who can get it published) about anything...does that mean that a percentage of every book written must be donated toward the subject of the book?
I don't know any authors personally, but I'd imagine that Ann Rule and Diane Fanning, as well as other authors, are as giving as any of us.
^i^

Good heavens, no. They don't have to donate any portion to anyone other than the state and federal tax coffers.

i can see where this case is many an authors dream. i mean it has all kinds of twists and turns in it that most would find unbelievable. i just don't want to see the anthony's or anyone connected with this case profit off of caylee's death. i would love to see an author write this and donate at least a large percentage of the sales to an organization such as TES.

ITA! That would be ideal on all counts.

This is, I think, also the sort of story that would be best written by an objective third-party.

Your Welcome! Glad that I could do it. What I found interesting was the following explanation Daine gave in answer to the caller question about charges being brought against the A's -

<snipped> (Bolded by me)

Question by Caller: Will there be any charges brought against any of the family member's?

D: I think if the prosecution says that there will be no charges , although their not obligated, they could change their minds, but generally if they say that they won't, they won't. I recall a case in which the son (adult) participated in concealing a parent's crime, LE didn't press charges because by doing so, it could open it up to the defense to claim that the son was actually responsible for the crime.

I never thought of that. Amazing how the prosecution in a case has to have the foresight to see all of the potential issues that could arise simply by introducing facts in a case and then have to make the choice to omit it because of the defense's ability to spin and reinterpret it. It's a miracle that any justice gets served! --------

I was hoping Ann Rule would write a book on this case, however she is not one to have a book on the stands in five minutes. She usually attends the trial and it is quite awhile after the fact that she actually has the book finished. I do like her style of writing. I am not familiar with Diane Fanning, I will have to check out her books if I can find them.

I have considered writing one on the sleuthing of this case by individuals connected by message boards. I have some fiction and non-fiction books published, and I am still trying to wrap up in my mind, how I would want to present a proposal. I have not made a final decision yet, as I would have to have a lot of permissions for publication of other's research in an anonymous forum as this. I do have someone researching this for me.

I believe some of the people here have contributed a lot to the investigation of this case, and I would like to see that published as a side story to this case. To me the human interest side of message boards like this would be a great addition to anything anyone else wrote about the case.

Your Welcome! Glad that I could do it. What I found interesting was the following explanation Daine gave in answer to the caller question about charges being brought against the A's -

<snipped> (Bolded by me)

I never thought of that. Amazing how the prosecution in a case has to have the foresight to see all of the potential issues that could arise simply by introducing facts in a case and then have to make the choice to omit it because of the defense's ability to spin and reinterpret it. It's a miracle that any justice gets served! --------

I think that is going to happen anyway. Baez is going to go the route of suspicion vested upon the Anthonys. That really is his only chance and by GA's own admission he was the one with keys to KC's car and the last one to see Caylee.

As I mentioned before, Diane Fanning posted with some of us on another forum several years ago. She was very gracious, responsive and approachable (don't give me SP's quote please, :) ). I hope she enjoys all of you and gives us a great book for reference.

I'm not a really good judge of my own books but my agent and my editor at St. Martin's Press say that my Anthony book, MOMMY'S LITTLE GIRL, is my best true crime book yet. But right now, I am thinking more about my book released yesterday, A POISONED PASSION, about a veterinarian who gave her husband a lethal injection. I'll be talking about that case on Levi's show this Sunday at 9PM central.

I'm not a really good judge of my own books but my agent and my editor at St. Martin's Press say that my Anthony book, MOMMY'S LITTLE GIRL, is my best true crime book yet. But right now, I am thinking more about my book released yesterday, A POISONED PASSION, about a veterinarian who gave her husband a lethal injection. I'll be talking about that case on Levi's show this Sunday at 9PM central.

I just downloaded a sample of A POISONED PASSION to my kindle. It sounds really good.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back