Diane Fanning True Crime author on the Anthony Case

And she flat out denied saying it smells like there is a damn body in the care, even after they played the tape.

Yes that is something I will never forget. The caller asks '"how come you changed your mind about the smell in the car?" And CA replies (I kid you not---) "I changed my mind........I never changed my mind. What I said was that the car smelled bad". May not be exact quote but very darn close. MOO

i can see where this case is many an authors dream. i mean it has all kinds of twists and turns in it that most would find unbelievable. i just don't want to see the anthony's or anyone connected with this case profit off of caylee's death. i would love to see an author write this and donate at least a large percentage of the sales to an organization such as TES.

You know, if sombody worte it up and sold it as FICTION, no publisher would touch it!

Too overblow! Too unbelievable.

I had never heard of this DF before coming to WS. I have to admit that when I first heard that she was going to write a book about Caylee (and it seems like it was months ago), that it left a bad taste in my mouth. IDK why. Maybe because it was so soon and it seemed to me like it was being rushed to be the first out there so that it could make lots of money. Now, I don't have a thing against writers, that would be my dream job, and I know we all want to read about what went on behind the scenes and so on and who knows, I may end up loving her book. But I think it was the timing that bothered me. MOO

if someone doesn't have a request for the book and would like to put this to her, plz do:

I cannot imagine the thinking or the psychology behind someone like ca going on NATIONAL TV and lying (LK show) to the nation when any reasonable person knows that a considerable group of people watching WOULD KNOW they are lying.

What thinking/psychology would allow for that?

it is beyond me????

She thinks she is believed. Really. As does her murdering daughter.

It's part of the personality disorder.

FYI: Levi moved our show to Sunday, September 13 at 9pm because of the holiday weekend.

FYI: Levi moved our show to Sunday, September 13 at 9pm because of the holiday weekend.

Good Morning Diane! Thanks for the information. What do you think of the sleuthing going on here? Some of our members are pretty awsome I think!!

WKMG Local 6 says that they will have "an exclusive look" at Diane's book tonite on the 11 PM newscast.

Set the DVR's! :)

I'm not a really good judge of my own books but my agent and my editor at St. Martin's Press say that my Anthony book, MOMMY'S LITTLE GIRL, is my best true crime book yet. But right now, I am thinking more about my book released yesterday, A POISONED PASSION, about a veterinarian who gave her husband a lethal injection. I'll be talking about that case on Levi's show this Sunday at 9PM central.

Well, I bought your book re: sociopathy after Levi's radio show.

It is going to trial. KC will never admit to anything. She really believes she is smarter than everyone. True sociopath.

Except that everyone believed she was going to go to trial on the check charges, and would never admit to anything.....

But it didn't....and she did!

I could not understand for a second why ICA and her theft charges were going to trial because there was so much evidence against her. So it made complete sense she would plead that one out.

Regarding her current charges, I think the same thing. Why is this going to trial when there is so much evidence against her? At first I thought maybe the defense did have a smoking guy - well not really but couldn't understand why the defense was always so confident for two years.

Now, it's clear it was because they hadn't actually looked at the evidence or taken any depositions. They'd been running their own game in a whole separate galaxy.

So say she did try to plea it out. Let's just say she pleads guilty to murder. What do you think HHJP would give her? Since we are discussing the DP or LWOP, surely ICA would never agree to plea at the DP?

I'm asking because I'm unsure how this would go if she did plea at this stage. Anyone?

Except that everyone believed she was going to go to trial on the check charges, and would never admit to anything.....

She is on film with the checks. She is not with the murder - big difference in her mind.

I could not understand for a second why ICA and her theft charges were going to trial because there was so much evidence against her. So it made complete sense she would plead that one out.

Regarding her current charges, I think the same thing. Why is this going to trial when there is so much evidence against her? At first I thought maybe the defense did have a smoking guy - well not really but couldn't understand why the defense was always so confident for two years.

Now, it's clear it was because they hadn't actually looked at the evidence or taken any depositions. They'd been running their own game in a whole separate galaxy.

So say she did try to plea it out. Let's just say she pleads guilty to murder. What do you think HHJP would give her? Since we are discussing the DP or LWOP, surely ICA would never agree to plea at the DP?

I'm asking because I'm unsure how this would go if she did plea at this stage. Anyone?

The defense did not plead her out, BECAUSE it is her decision. There was a show with Geraldo and Baez where Baez said he could not say what his client would do. He got a tremendous amount of flack for that by other defense lawyers who said he should have said why should she plead she is completely innocent.

She is entitled to a defense and Baez saw this case and ran for it immediately. He knew it was going to be big. He also knows he is going to lose. So does Cheney - who said it was either life without parole or death - before he came on board.

Also, regarding her sentencing, I believe the jury will recommend lwop if the defense does its job. I don't think Perry would have a problem sentencing her to death if it were recommended. Remember when Baez wanted the cameras off in the jail when he visited and argued her rights were being violated and Judge Perry said that is not my department, it is the sheriff's and he does not think she has any rights - and he said it with a smile.

Also, regarding her theft charges if you read Shaeffer's opinion on how the defense blundered that one, it is extremely interesting. He says she never should have pled out and should have went to trial, but that because of such and such , the trial would have been after the murder trial and the jury never would have heard about the felony she FINALLY ADMITTED TO. So it is the lawyers who decided that one for her really.

She is never going to admit to this. Never, imo.

And that was a mistake but her lawyers are to blame for that one. Now the jury will hear about prior felonies she admitted to in the sentencing phase and if they had done their job, she would not have pled out and would have gone to trial (says Shaeffer who analyzes for Belich's tv station) and the trial would have been after the murder trial.

So that is the defense's misake; just as having Strickland recuse himself is an enormous mistake. Who wants Perry judging them STRICTLY BY THE BOOK. That judge has that rule book with him everywhere and uses it. She is done.

I thought the prosecutors pushed for a speedy trial on behalf of Amy just so they could get that conviction on record before the murder trial?

I don't think Casey will plead to the murder charges if the exchange is only to drop the DP but still serve life. Scott Peterson was offered the same thing.

I thought the prosecutors pushed for a speedy trial on behalf of Amy just so they could get that conviction on record before the murder trial?

I don't think Casey will plead to the murder charges if the exchange is only to drop the DP but still serve life. Scott Peterson was offered the same thing.

Exactly what the prosecutors did and the defense stupidly did not argue with it.

The prosecution didn't push for a speed trial. The case didn't meet the criteria (3 or more extensions, etc.). The prosecution simply asked that the case be placed on the docket.

Blaise (It scares me how much I know about this case)

The defense did not plead her out, BECAUSE it is her decision. There was a show with Geraldo and Baez where Baez said he could not say what his client would do. He got a tremendous amount of flack for that by other defense lawyers who said he should have said why should she plead she is completely innocent.

She is entitled to a defense and Baez saw this case and ran for it immediately. He knew it was going to be big. He also knows he is going to lose. So does Cheney - who said it was either life without parole or death - before he came on board.

Also, regarding her sentencing, I believe the jury will recommend lwop if the defense does its job. I don't think Perry would have a problem sentencing her to death if it were recommended. Remember when Baez wanted the cameras off in the jail when he visited and argued her rights were being violated and Judge Perry said that is not my department, it is the sheriff's and he does not think she has any rights - and he said it with a smile.

Also, regarding her theft charges if you read Shaeffer's opinion on how the defense blundered that one, it is extremely interesting. He says she never should have pled out and should have went to trial, but that because of such and such , the trial would have been after the murder trial and the jury never would have heard about the felony she FINALLY ADMITTED TO. So it is the lawyers who decided that one for her really.

She is never going to admit to this. Never, imo.

Yes, yes, I know that. I meant what if we get to May 16th, 2011 and she decides to plea out rather than going ahead with the trial. Can the State refuse? Can HHJP say no way Jose, you've dragged us this far, let's get on with it, or do they have to hear the plea?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back