Diane Fanning True Crime author on the Anthony Case

It is going to trial. KC will never admit to anything. She really believes she is smarter than everyone. True sociopath.

We are swinging off topic here......so in an attempt to get back to the topic of Diane Fanning...

I am merely agreeing with Ms. Fanning that this case may eventually end in a plea or no contest. IF that were to happen on the eve of trial, I for one will not consider it a BOMBSHELL. Bombshells have become a regular occurence in this case :dance:

As someone else pointed out to me several months ago, there have been two other incidents when Casey appeared to throw up her hands when she was at the end of the line...

The check case....night before jury selection....end of the line

And Universal....after she waltzed through security, sashayed down the hallway....but eventually reached the end of the line (hallway) and abruptly turned and admitted she didn't work at Universal after all.

I think this WILL end in without going through the whole trial process...just saying, like Diane Fanning, it is possible.

We are swinging off topic here......so in an attempt to get back to the topic of Diane Fanning...

I am merely agreeing with Ms. Fanning that this case may eventually end in a plea or no contest. IF that were to happen on the eve of trial, I for one will not consider it a BOMBSHELL. Bombshells have become a regular occurence in this case :dance:

As someone else pointed out to me several months ago, there have been two other incidents when Casey appeared to throw up her hands when she was at the end of the line...

The check case....night before jury selection....end of the line

And Universal....after she waltzed through security, sashayed down the hallway....but eventually reached the end of the line (hallway) and abruptly turned and admitted she didn't work at Universal after all.

I think this WILL end in without going through the whole trial process...just saying, like Diane Fanning, it is possible.

I believe we were speaking of Diane Fanning's post that it may not go to trial - so in an effort to follow up with your post above, I respectfully disagree. Cheney and Baez both want this to go to trial - purely for selfish reasons. Albeit they want to win and they will consider life without parole a win, imo.

I do not think Casey will ever admit to this murder - again, she believes you did not see me do it, so you don't know that I did do it. This is different than being caught on tape cashing checks falsely; as far as Universal goes, she was caught.

She does not think the way you and I do. She thinks like a sociopath. IMO

Yes, yes, I know that. I meant what if we get to May 16th, 2011 and she decides to plea out rather than going ahead with the trial. Can the State refuse? Can HHJP say no way Jose, you've dragged us this far, let's get on with it, or do they have to hear the plea?

The state can refuse and say no deals. But I can see them saying okay lwop but you will tell the court just how you did it, when you did it, everything. The state has the body and a plethora of evidence. They are running this show - the body was found.

Baez and Cheney are going to try and do their best and say Dr. G does not know the manner of death. And she admits that, but she also says this was a homicide. She does not sway from that professional opinion. The tape was around the mandible, three times. There is hair on the tape, so Janie Weintraub and the rest of the lawyers who opine on the Nancy Grace show, can say the tape was not all they want, but the tape was around the mandible and was around three times.

Weintraub has said on the show, the tape was not over her mouth. Okay, say that is true, then where was the tape around her neck? So someone put tape around Caylee's neck and did it three times - to what purpose. It is so ludicrous it is embarrassing. There is a reason the duct tape is attached to the skull - to keep the child from breathing. It certainly was not to hold the mandible in place. Right, let me kill this child and by the way I want to make sure the mandible stays in place, so I will just tape it.

The above is my opinion.

My apologies Kjbk, we have deviated a bit, but were following along with the comments in Diane Fannings book and I realize she wrote this fairly early on in this case.

If she did plead, what saddens me is that ICA's lawyer can describe what actually happened, ICA does not have to do it according to AZLawyer, quite a few months ago.

Okay, now staying strictly on topic.

And that was a mistake but her lawyers are to blame for that one. Now the jury will hear about prior felonies she admitted to in the sentencing phase and if they had done their job, she would not have pled out and would have gone to trial (says Shaeffer who analyzes for Belich's tv station) and the trial would have been after the murder trial.

BBM

So that is the defense's misake; just as having Strickland recuse himself is an enormous mistake. Who wants Perry judging them STRICTLY BY THE BOOK. That judge has that rule book with him everywhere and uses it. She is done.

Along these same lines... and maybe someone in the legal field could step in here....

OK, so it was KC's decision to plead guilty in the check fraud case, but it was most likely done at the recommendation of her attorney, right? So now that she is a convicted felon, once she is convicted of murder and we move on to the penalty phase, the State can bring in the fact that she is a convicted felon, right?

If KC is given the DP, in the State of Florida, her conviction will automatically be appealed. So my question is this: Can an appellate attorney use all this as ineffective assistance of counsel? I understand it is hard to prevail using this, but would they be able to say that if her attorney hadn't recommended she plea to the fraud charges, the State would not have been able to use her felony conviction (assuming the check fraud trial did not occur until after the murder trial) in the mitigation phase?

I hope I explained that clearly enough!!!

TIA!!

I don't think this will come to a plea deal - JB has a check list and is checking it twice to perform all requirements to become a death penalty qualified attorney. This case has provided him center stage and the tools required to become one of few DPQ - big money in his future once he steps off this stage. He doesn't want to give that up and will sell ICA dreams of freedom for which she buys readily because she is self obsessed and delusional - they're both living the dream until judgment day.

Thought I'd chime in here with my experience. I've known sociopaths to plead guilty to avoid the death penalty.
I sat in a courtroom while another sociopath entered a guilty plea while the jury pool was gathered waiting for selection. He was not up for the death penalty but he did get a chance for parole at twenty years in the deal and he did NOT have to tell what happened.
What the state got in exchange was the agreement that he would not appeal.
That is a big deal for the state. No more energy or expense goes into defending the verdict and keeping the criminal in jail.

If Casey agreed to plead guilty for LWOP, she could insist that she not have to say what happened but if she would agree not to appeal, the state might find that irresistible.

Thought I'd chime in here with my experience. I've known sociopaths to plead guilty to avoid the death penalty.
I sat in a courtroom while another sociopath entered a guilty plea while the jury pool was gathered waiting for selection. He was not up for the death penalty but he did get a chance for parole at twenty years in the deal and he did NOT have to tell what happened.
That is a big deal for the state. No more energy or expense goes into defending the verdict and keeping the criminal in jail.

If Casey agreed to plead guilty for LWOP, she could insist that she not have to say what happened but if she would agree not to appeal, the state might find that irresistible.

Wendi Davidson's pled no contest.

Melvin Gray, who also represented Davidson, said the no-contest plea allows Davidson to go forward with what her attorneys consider a strong appeal while not admitting guilt. It also protects Davidson from her plea being used against her in any civil lawsuits that might be filed in the case.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2006/Oct/17/airmans-wife-gets-25-year-sentence/

I recall thinking, after seeing her post on a prisoner website, that she seems to truly believe she didn't do it and will be out of jail soon.

I really hope Casey never gets to take advantage of an offer like this. The problem with deals IMO is that things can change over time.

Wendi Davidson's pled no contest.

Melvin Gray, who also represented Davidson, said the no-contest plea allows Davidson to go forward with what her attorneys consider a strong appeal while not admitting guilt. It also protects Davidson from her plea being used against her in any civil lawsuits that might be filed in the case.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2006/Oct/17/airmans-wife-gets-25-year-sentence/

I recall thinking, after seeing her post on a prisoner website, that she seems to truly believe she didn't do it and will be out of jail soon.

I really hope Casey never gets to take advantage of an offer like this. The problem with deals IMO is that things can change over time.

I can't see Casey getting a deal as sweet as Wendi's. I think the state's case is far too strong. I hope I am right.

I think if she gets a deal it will LWOP, and that's the main reason the state has kept the DP on the table.

Hi Dianne, thanks for posting your comments, so nice to see you here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back