Did KC Think She Could Get Away With It?? POLL

What did KC Think Would Happen???

• Did not think it through at all

Votes: 94 23.7%
  • Did not think Caylee would ever be found so she would never go down for murder

Votes: 76 19.2%
  • She thought she had enough imagination she could cover any result with a good lie

Votes: 212 53.5%
  • She would get lots of media attention as the "Victim"

Votes: 33 8.3%
  • Did not care as long as Caylee was gone

Votes: 36 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i think she was setting mh up for it.

She might have obsessed over tony enough to kill caylee for him, but she still loves herself more.

If cindy would have given casey one more day, casey would have fled town like a bat out of h3ll.

If it hadn't been for the smelly car, i don't know if cindy would have freaked out and called le. Casey's plan might actually have been good enough.

Jmo

o i c ..

I think Casey thought she could lie, flirt and charm her way out of it. I think she was shocked when the police arrested her. I think she was shocked when people questioned what she said and actually checked up on her story. In the beginning when she was lying about Universal and people that didn't exsist, ZFG, Juliette Lewis, ect...I don't think it even crossed her mind that they would verify what she said. Once she told them Juliette and Jeff had moved, she thought that would be good enough because no one would actually go through the trouble of looking outside of Orlando. I also think in CaseyWorld she believed some of her own lies and doesn't understand even now why other people don't believe them too.

I also think Casey's living 10 minutes at a time will be her downfall. She only deals with what is right in front of her and goes for the easiest, quickest solution so she can move onto something else. It will be the main thing that puts her away.

I voted for her believing Caylee would never be found. I think she lived in her own lil world of lies, and thought she could lie her way out of anything! If Caylee was never found, they could prove she was a liar but not that she had anything to do with it.

She thought she could lie her way out of it and if that did not work, mom and dad and bro would help her lie her way out of it....kinda like what is going on eh?

Exactly - and she didn't think for one minute that Mommy Dearest would bring the police into it. After all, it was just another "private" family matter.

I think she was convinced that she could lie her way out of anything.

I think she was planning on doing the Susan Smith at some point.

I originally thought that she left her car at Amscot to be stolen but if that's true then why lock it? Perhaps she couldn't take her things because they smelled too much? but the car was out of gas so that part is true. But that's another thread.

I don't know...but I do think she was planning an abduction scenario at some point after she figured Caylee was beyond ever being found.

What scares me is the fact that she may have gotten away with it if not for the decomp and Cindy grabbing her when she did. imo

She'd still be at Tony's place ..
Casey had a month to leave town and didn't ..

What makes you think she was going to leave town?

Things were getting hot when Cindy and Casey were pulled over. Casey was going back to Jail. And I can see Cindy trying to get Casey out of town or hidden. She also earlier wanted to go to California to see that guy in miltary to tell him something.
And why she didn't leave could be many reasons. I just don't know the answer to that. Besides maybe she know that she could not take care of herself, she never did.

I voted that she thought she could lie her way out of it, utilizing her imagination.
After that, I believe SHE expected to be seen as the victim, a beautiful (in her mind), martyred, loving, young mother, whom people would respect for her ability to stay strong and hopeful.
I think she planned to live out her life as the tragic figure of a missing child saga.

I DON'T think she anticipated Law Enforcement not buying her story/ stories.
I DON'T think she anticipated the interest in the drama to explode globally, as it did.

Things were getting hot when Cindy and Casey were pulled over. Casey was going back to Jail. And I can see Cindy trying to get Casey out of town or hidden. She also earlier wanted to go to California to see that guy in miltary to tell him something.
And why she didn't leave could be many reasons. I just don't know the answer to that. Besides maybe she know that she could not take care of herself, she never did.

My thoughts on why she didn't up and leave immediately:

Casey was eligible for State assistance....that's not an opinion, it's a fact. She COULD have been getting a check every month, as much as $300, in fact. She was also eligible for WIC....another fact. If she was getting WIC, perhaps she sold the certificates. A lot of people do just like they sell food stamps.

As long as the State thought Caylee was alive they would be sending a check to her house in the beginning of every month, which means that Casey would have gotten a check in the beginning of July....and every month she was able to stall her parents.

She would know that once there was no Caylee....there would be no checks....
I think that was behind her reluctance to report an abduction right away....jmo

I think her "plans" were interrupted and foiled when mom found her and called 911. Her half-baked stories and excuses were only meant to be heard by her close family - not LE. She knows that her own family does not have the investigative tools that LE has. She knows that her family cannot easily determine that ZFG never lived at Sawgrass, or even exists at all for that matter.

KC was going to do more things to cover-up but that was cut short when mom found her and called 911. That last-moment plea for "one more day" was not to flee to California or anywhere else. It was to be a day to explain to her family that involving LE in the matter was likely to get Caylee and even them killed. Mom, if we want to see Caylee alive ever again, we cannot put LE on the hunt. Mom, calling 911 will cause Caylee's death. Please don't do it for the sake of our beloved girl. Let's run this recovery operation ourselves and keep the cops out of it. ZFG demands this, and unfortunately we have to comply with it. But mom, here's another important thing... you, dad and Lee can't go out snooping around either. If ZFG catches on to that she might freak out and hurt Caylee. I'm the only one who can actually confront and negotiate with ZFG. If anybody else gets involved, we will lose our sweet girl.

Well as a somewhat "normal" person myself... I voted that Casey did not think this through. I think she thought she could come up with lies that would make her out to be the poor mommy who lost her baby to the nanny. But I'm not so sure that she realized that they would look into the people she named.

What I don't understand is we know CA liked CSI and other crime shows, but she left Caylees little body with a bunch of evidence. Why would she do that? Her blanket, and even a heart shaped sticker... I honestly don't think that Casey thought they would ever find Caylee... especially not after she KNEW that they cleared that area where she left her.

I also don't believe that Casey was going to do any more cover up with Caylee. I think it was out of sight out of mind for her and she was never going to look back and what happened. I think she thought she could hide from her parents forever and they would just think that her and Caylee were somewhere spending mommy/daughter time.

I think her "plans" were interrupted and foiled when mom found her and called 911. Her half-baked stories and excuses were only meant to be heard by her close family - not LE. She knows that her own family does not have the investigative tools that LE has. She knows that her family cannot easily determine that ZFG never lived at Sawgrass, or even exists at all for that matter.

KC was going to do more things to cover-up but that was cut short when mom found her and called 911. That last-moment plea for "one more day" was not to flee to California or anywhere else. It was to be a day to explain to her family that involving LE in the matter was likely to get Caylee and even them killed. Mom, if we want to see Caylee alive ever again, we cannot put LE on the hunt. Mom, calling 911 will cause Caylee's death. Please don't do it for the sake of our beloved girl. Let's run this recovery operation ourselves and keep the cops out of it. ZFG demands this, and unfortunately we have to comply with it. But mom, here's another important thing... you, dad and Lee can't go out snooping around either. If ZFG catches on to that she might freak out and hurt Caylee. I'm the only one who can actually confront and negotiate with ZFG. If anybody else gets involved, we will lose our sweet girl.
Actually, this makes alot of sense. I can see her trying to play this out, if only Cindy hadn't been so 'quick' to call the police.

Fleeing would be absolutely useless and KC knew it. Is she going to live in a secret shack up in the mountains?

I truly believe what has been said about Casey "living 20 minutes of her life at a time".
This is why her 'cover up plans' were probably ever-changing.
I think many different cover-up scenarios played out in her imagination.
She lacked the ability and discipline to choose just one and stick with it.
After murdering Caylee, I believe this was her true downfall.

She didn't think it through. I also think as another poster said that if the parent's car did not get involved, we may have never heard of this at all.

She did not think it through because she is not capable of it. Being a bona fide pathological narcissist, she has zero insight, thus, is unable to think like people who have insight. She is forced to mimic words or ideas of what she has seen on tv, movies, people or what she read, but she doesn't have any idea what she is lacking, and most likely could not define the word itself.

This is why everyone is so stunned with her thinking and reasoning. Since she has zero insight, her logic and reasoning are almost non-existent. She attempts to mimic logic and reasoning based on what she has observed....

My thoughts on why she didn't up and leave immediately:

Casey was eligible for State assistance....that's not an opinion, it's a fact. She COULD have been getting a check every month, as much as $300, in fact. She was also eligible for WIC....another fact. If she was getting WIC, perhaps she sold the certificates. A lot of people do just like they sell food stamps.

As long as the State thought Caylee was alive they would be sending a check to her house in the beginning of every month, which means that Casey would have gotten a check in the beginning of July....and every month she was able to stall her parents.

She would know that once there was no Caylee....there would be no checks....
I think that was behind her reluctance to report an abduction right away....jmo

If she'd ever gone after state assistance, she would have had to let the cat out of the bag about who Caylee's father is.

I'm not sure about welfare, etc. but I KNOW, with WIC, you have to physically take your child to appointments in order to continue to be eligible.

Just my :twocents:

If she'd ever gone after state assistance, she would have had to let the cat out of the bag about who Caylee's father is.

I'm not sure about welfare, etc. but I KNOW, with WIC, you have to physically take your child to appointments in order to continue to be eligible.

Ditto EmMom. In the state of Florida the entire households income is included in the request for food stamps/WIC etc. From my experience with several of my clients who have attempted to get assistance I find it doubtful she would have gotten it even if she took the time out of her busy "work" day to get them.

Fleeing would be absolutely useless and KC knew it. Is she going to live in a secret shack up in the mountains?

She didn't need to do that.

Only Cindy and George noticed Caylee not being around. And Cindy and George were easy to fool. They didn't know for over a year and a half that Casey didn't have a job. I only think they caught the most flagrant stealing...checks, credit card purchases. She'd probably been helping herself to cash for years and years.

Cindy and George thought Casey was up in Jacksonville when she was only blocks away.

If it hadn't been for the smelly car, I think Casey could still be whooping it up with Tony with nobody the wiser.

Her gullible family might be believing Caylee, Casey and Zani were in Vegas or some new stupid story.

Unfortunately, there are a LOT of people here in FL who are collecting state assistance checks. And many of them say they don't know who the father is even when they do know. It is not required to have a name of the father in order to be eligible. The state would like to know so they can recoup the monies paid out but it is not required.

I would be very surprised to find out that Casey didn't apply and receive checks every month. It's just too easy and I can't see Cindy turning down free money. I CAN see her not wanting anyone to know though.

That's my opinion.....and I guess we will find out eventually whether she had assistance or not.

I think she was planning on taking off but TonE kept her around. With that in mind, I don't think she thought she would get caught, she thought she'd just lie and say her and Caylee took off to get away from CA.

That's what I thought also. She would go out to California, or wherever and explain Caylee's absence by claiming she was back home with her parent's OR a dearly beloved nanny.

And likewise, would tell her parent's that Caylee is with her across the country and that they were no longer welcome or needed in their new lives.

She got caught up in this relationship with TL which sidetracked her from her plans. Had this not been the case, none of us would ever have heard the Anthony name and Caylee's resting place down the street would have been Casey's secret forever.

I voted with the third option--I don't think she ever expected CA to call the police and the reason she seemed so nonplussed by her doing so: She was certain she could talk her way out of ANYTHING she had to and that no one would ever doubt her 'stories'!

And she was absolutely right......... until it came to LE and the rest of the world!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back