Dissimilar head hair on Q107 and extra DNA segment on the duct tape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the Caucasian head hair found at the crime scene (collection paper item Q107), has anyone seen any DNA test done on that hair? I think the only thing I've seen is the report saying that it was "microscopically dissimilar" to Caylee and Casey's hair.

Regarding the extra DNA on the duct tape, there was DNA from 2 different people found on the tape. One DNA profile was fairly complete and was consistent with lab tech #5. One DNA profile was extremely incomplete and was consistent with lab tech #3, neighbor Brian Burner, 20.6% of the Caucasian population in America, 18.1% of the African-American population, 15.2% of the Hispanic-American population, and 26.1% of the Asian-American population. http://www.promega.com/applications/hmnid/referenceinformation/popstat/custstat_Allelefreq.htmIt was inconsistent with Casey, Caylee, Cindy, George, and Lee--and Jesse, by the way, if anyone wondered. ;) My guess would be lab tech #3.

Regarding the Caucasian head hair found at the crime scene (collection paper item Q107), has anyone seen any DNA test done on that hair? I think the only thing I've seen is the report saying that it was "microscopically dissimilar" to Caylee and Casey's hair.

Regarding the extra DNA on the duct tape, there was DNA from 2 different people found on the tape. One DNA profile was fairly complete and was consistent with lab tech #5. One DNA profile was extremely incomplete and was consistent with lab tech #3, neighbor Brian Burner, 20.6% of the Caucasian population in America, 18.1% of the African-American population, 15.2% of the Hispanic-American population, and 26.1% of the Asian-American population. http://www.promega.com/applications/hmnid/referenceinformation/popstat/custstat_Allelefreq.htmIt was inconsistent with Casey, Caylee, Cindy, George, and Lee--and Jesse, by the way, if anyone wondered. ;) My guess would be lab tech #3.

What was the precentage of being consistent with lab tech#3?

What was the precentage of being consistent with lab tech#3?

That tiny fragment of DNA was only enough to retrieve information about one allele. Lab tech #3 had that one allele. So I guess 100% consistent. It would also be 100% consistent with Brian Burner and about 20% of the American population, but since we know for sure that lab tech #3 processed the tape, she seems like the most likely source.

About the extra DNA: I know some feel that it may be due to sloppiness on the techs part,but I want to point out something.
We have a tracking dog [see siggie]. We had to train to learn to track with him.The way they track is by following our continuously shedding skin cells.They can pick up that teeny tiny scent.
My point is ,everyone has continuously shedding skin cells that contain dna.It goes beyond a tech just wearing gloves ,IMO. Their entire body,face,hair,everything ,would have to be covered to insure no shedding skin cells came into contact with the adhesive on that tape.I'm not sure what they wear,but it may be ,near impossible,to avoid ANY cross contamination.JMO

not to mention, if they sneeze :)

That tiny fragment of DNA was only enough to retrieve information about one allele. Lab tech #3 had that one allele. So I guess 100% consistent. It would also be 100% consistent with Brian Burner and about 20% of the American population, but since we know for sure that lab tech #3 processed the tape, she seems like the most likely source.

She seems the most likely source to me too. If Caylee's DNA was not on that tape I don't see how anyone else's could have survived on it for 6 months, so I think it has to be from a recent contact. But, I bet the defense is still going to have a field day with this during trial.

She seems the most likely source to me too. If Caylee's DNA was not on that tape I don't see how anyone else's could have survived on it for 6 months, so I think it has to be from a recent contact. But, I bet the defense is still going to have a field day with this during trial.

BBM

The defense can attempt to have a "field day" with it, but I think it will be a VERY short picnic.
Your comment above regarding recent contact shows logic and reasoning.
:dance:

It's not Casey's DNA. It's not Casey's hair. Plus, the FBI lab did not find a tear match between the two tape sources, nor did they find an appearance match. Clearly, such evidence findings do not help the prosecutors, but they certainly help the defense and support reasonable doubt.

So, how many other people had that same allele as lab tech #3 and Brian?

It's not Casey's DNA. It's not Casey's hair. Plus, the FBI lab did not find a tear match between the two tape sources, nor did they find an appearance match. Clearly, such evidence findings do not help the prosecutors, but they certainly help the defense and support reasonable doubt.

It's not Caylee's either, and it was her body. If the body was outside for months, I wouldn't expect KC's DNA to be on the tape. KC may have tried to tear the tape one way, found it difficult and tried another way the second time.

*respectfully snipped*

I don't think it's accurate to state "found at the crime scene". There's no way to establish this hair came from the crime scene. It was on the collection paper. It could have been from anyone of the numerous LE workers at the site and been lost (deposited) while placing evidence on the collection paper.

So, how many other people had that same allele as lab tech #3 and Brian?
I don't really go there.My thought process is "how many other people left the house with Caylee and she was never seen again?"

Thanks for the research. ITA -- this is more of the defense trying desperately to find some straw to latch on to -- and failing miserably. This is going nowhere, imo. If they had anything else to work with, they'd drop this issue themselves but as it is, well, what else have they got? Nada. Just a faint hope of confusing someone and I mean very faint.

*respectfully snipped*

I don't think it's accurate to state "found at the crime scene". There's no way to establish this hair came from the crime scene. It was on the collection paper. It could have been from anyone of the numerous LE workers at the site and been lost (deposited) while placing evidence on the collection paper.

The officer secured the scene right away. From there he started a log of who comes in and who goes out. They would be able to determine who handled the body. Probably 3 or 4 people. The could do an exclusion test.

Just curious, have we established that the other segment of dna is a hair? I remember reading that it was found on the sticky side of the tape. I am not asking you to look it up for me, did you read somewhere that it was found on the collection paper? I think maybe I'm getting confused with the extra segment of dna and this hair. Maybe their different items?

The officer secured the scene right away. From there he started a log of who comes in and who goes out. They would be able to determine who handled the body. Probably 3 or 4 people. The could do an exclusion test.

Just curious, have we established that the other segment of dna is a hair? I remember reading that it was found on the sticky side of the tape. I am not asking you to look it up for me, did you read somewhere that it was found on the collection paper? I think maybe I'm getting confused with the extra segment of dna and this hair. Maybe their different items?

The hair and the DNA are two different items. The hair was found on a collection paper on which 3 items from the scene were set. The DNA was found on the adhesive side of the duct tape found on Caylee's skull. Both items were ruled out as belonging to Casey or Caylee which is why I think the original poster wanted to discuss both of them.

I look forward to finding out more about that dissimilar hair. I mean, I would expect it probably came from someone working the crime scene, but you never know.

The hair and the DNA are two different items. The hair was found on a collection paper on which 3 items from the scene were set. The DNA was found on the adhesive side of the duct tape found on Caylee's skull. Both items were ruled out as belonging to Casey or Caylee which is why I think the original poster wanted to discuss both of them.

Right, just because both were ruled out as having come from Caylee, Casey, Cindy, George, Lee.

I don't think any further info has been released on it yet. No DNA yet.

Sorry, regarding the hair: I thought they had excluded all of the Anthonys on the hair, too, but the report did only mention Caylee and Casey being excluded. I'm assuming the hair didn't match CA/GA/LA either or it would have been noted in the report that there was a match, but who knows.

[/B]

Not understanding why that would give you the creeps. If Cindy got the laundry bag from bb that would explain if his DNA was at the crime scene. But let's be realistic here, we are talking about Cindy. I can't see Cindy purchasing a used laundry bag from one of her neighbors much less give it to her granddaughter to store balls in. Just the thought of someone else's laundry bag and what may have been in it. No thank you.

I just re read the part about the laundry bags last night and it was my
understanding that the balls came in a bag but that Cindy bought a new
round bag to put new balls in and this is the bag that is missing (according to Cindy).
I’m not sure where the poster you quoted is going but IMO the bag that
Caylee was in is NOT the bag from the neighbor but is in fact the new round
bag that Cindy purchased to put new balls in!

Harleysnana, you are correct. whitney bag was bought by Cindy because she bought more balls and they did no fit in the original bag she got from BB. The ball bag from BB is NOT A LAUNDRY BAG but a bag that was part of the set for the game/toy whatever you call it, she bought at the garage sale the neighbor had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl