Do You Think Susan Will Ever Be Found?

Do You Think Susan Will Be Found?

• Yes

Votes: 287 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 203 41.4%

• Total voters
I hope LE is tracking his whereabouts, physically, cyberly, and phone.

You betcha' they're keeping track of ol Josh!

He can run but he can't hide!

The arm of the law is verrrryyyyy LONG!

LOL, hey, Josh! I know you thought you'd be safe all the way in the State of Washington. But you do know they have LE there too, doncha'?!:crazy:

Oh, and that little ol gate isn't going to protect you when they come for you either. ;)

Just sayin'
fran

PS>...........It may not be until the snow melts before they find Susan. But, there is 'no statute of limitations' when it comes to murder~ fran

I think she will be found as well, but not till the snow melts..... If he dumped her in one of the canyon locations, that could mean April or even May.

I know some of the bodies they have found in the past few years have been there for close to one year.

The visiting mother and daughter that went hiking by Park City and got caught in a storm were not found till the following summer...very sad, but the weather in the mountains here is brutal.

Oh, and I don't believe Josh will ever admit to anything.

I'm ready for the snow to melt, come on. Susan is out there somewhere.

OT, Why does Poco's cat look like my DH????!?!?

She will be found, eventually. Many people are willing to search once the weather and ground conditions make it more do-able, adn then there are the outdoor enthusiasts. Or perhaps LE will find her based on evidence and clues that comes into play over time.

I think Josh would talk (in the absence of his lawyer and father) if confronted with seemingly irrefutable evidence of his involvement. He is the type who would correct LE if they got a detail of the event(s) slightly wrong when re-telling the story.

He seems to have picked a time of year { for his own reasons? }
when he could not bury her..
so that makes me wonder this?
Why?
Why would he kill his wife during the coldest most snowy and cold time of the year?
I can't even begin to analyze that..?
Why this time of year in a cold snowy climate?
You could not dig a hole, UNLESS of course you already had one made someplace?
So my guess is for LE to backtrack his movements before this happened.
Possibly he traveled someplace made a hole prior to this murder, maybe near his father's place?
Didn't he go there often before and after? And were't there some miles on that rented car/
and why did he have the car?
He said he camped out in a van?
So could he drive two automobiles at once?
Maybe i need somebody to clarify the car rental timeline & the van camping story?
thanks...
so I say she is either in a cave/mine hole or
he transported her to an already made hole near his family home?

Should my theory be correct that Susan was put under the frozen ice in the frigid waters of a lake somewhere :rolleyes: then even IF LE could narrow down the general location to w/in even 100 square mile area... down to a state even... they will still have their work cut out for them. Even this would entail waiting for spring thaw... the one "upside" or thing in their favor is the preservation action of cold.

:parrot:

:woohoo:I think you may have something there!

I think the fact that JP turned white as a sheet when served the most recent search warrant speaks volumes. It is possible, but he thinks almost impossible, to find her.

He seems to have picked a time of year { for his own reasons? }
when he could not bury her..
so that makes me wonder this?
Why?
Why would he kill his wife during the coldest most snowy and cold time of the year?
I can't even begin to analyze that..?
Why this time of year in a cold snowy climate?
You could not dig a hole, UNLESS of course you already had one made someplace?
So my guess is for LE to backtrack his movements before this happened.
Possibly he traveled someplace made a hole prior to this murder, maybe near his father's place?
Didn't he go there often before and after? And were't there some miles on that rented car/
and why did he have the car?
He said he camped out in a van?
So could he drive two automobiles at once?
Maybe i need somebody to clarify the car rental timeline & the van camping story?
thanks...
so I say she is either in a cave/mine hole or
he transported her to an already made hole near his family home?

To recap information from the past 2 months worth of discussion:

As to the timing/season - she had given him an ultimatum that he change his ways by a certain date or the marriage was over. Perhaps by the New Year, or perhaps by his birthday which also passed in January.

As to the rental car - he had it while law enforcement processed the family van for evidence (after the supposed midnight "camping" trip with the boys the night she disappeared). He reportedly put "several hundred miles" on the rental car within 24 hours.

If Susan is not found this statement by Susan's parents is going to help the defense.

Both believe that Susan is still alive. "She's out there, somewhere," said Judy. Her husband Chuck Cox added, "I just have not felt that she's gone. And I think I'd know that."

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...-message-for-Josh/V9UjCSrVaUSnVub2mVQ9gQ.cspx
This can only help the defense if everyone else holds this strong belief that sensitive, in-touch people always know. Certainly isn't my own experience.

Even if people think it, I'm just guessing it could hurt Josh because at some point he's going to want a death certificate to be issued.

Did JP ever make any assertions that Susan left of her own free will (i.e., ran away)?

I guess his refusal to look for her would make more sense to me, personally, if I thought he believed that she had up and left him. If his initial reaction was like "I can't believe she did this. Leaving me to take care of the boys on my own, without so much as a discussion. I know our marriage wasn't perfect, but couldn't she live with a divorce? Why did she have to take off and leave us?"

OTOH, if he had been asserting that she must have been abducted then he would be out frantically looking for her or pleading for her safe return...right?

He reminds me of a friend and a relative who both think they are leagues ahead of everyone else in the intelligence department, and tell these ridiculous stories. Most people accept the stories at face value, but when somebody questions them on the details or inconsistencies...they are dumb-founded and shocked that somebody is on to them. They don't know what to say so they withdraw, clam up, and typically leave to avoid the scrutiny.

This can only help the defense if everyone else holds this strong belief that sensitive, in-touch people always know. Certainly isn't my own experience.

Even if people think it, I'm just guessing it could hurt Josh because at some point he's going to want a death certificate to be issued.

Also, the Coxes can simply say "Deep down we knew she had to be gone, but we just couldn't bring ourselves to accept it and say the words out loud. The pain was too great." Nobody would fault them for that.

Also, the Coxes can simply say "Deep down we knew she had to be gone, but we just couldn't bring ourselves to accept it and say the words out loud. The pain was too great." Nobody would fault them for that.
I think so. They go on TV and describe the grief process. Grief at the huge loss, not the confusion and worry about someone who's abducted. They demonstrate denial, which is a big part of that grief. It's very normal. In their hearts they are suffering the greatest pain of grief and we see it over and over. They are also showing great courage.

I think so. They go on TV and describe the grief process. Grief at the huge loss, not the confusion and worry about someone who's abducted. They demonstrate denial, which is a big part of that grief. It's very normal. In their hearts they are suffering the greatest pain of grief and we see it over and over. They are also showing great courage.

That's exactly what I see, grayjay.

They don't go on TV and say to an unknown abductor, "If you took Susan, please bring her back. Her boys need her."...or "Susan, honey, if you're out there please come home. The boys need you."

No, they go on TV and make statements to the effect of...
"Josh was the last on to see her."
"Josh's story just doesn't add up."
"Josh is throwing a roadblock by not helping with the investigation."

They're onto him.

That's exactly what I see, grayjay.

They don't go on TV and say to an unknown abductor, "If you took Susan, please bring her back. Her boys need her."...or "Susan, honey, if you're out there please come home. The boys need you."

No, they go on TV and make statements to the effect of...
"Josh was the last on to see her."
"Josh's story just doesn't add up."
"Josh is throwing a roadblock by not helping with the investigation."

They're onto him.

The fact Mr. Cox thinks Susan is still alive is so confusing. If this is the case, why isn't the reward higher? Why no effort to establish a reward fund controlled by an entity that specializes in collecting funds like this? Why is the reward a measly $11,000.00? If someone knows something, which I am sure someone does, why is it there hasn't been a focus on increasing the reward so that one person will give up the information to solve this case? This is the one thing that has really annoyed me!

Officials say human remains found by child near Olympia not believed to be those of Susan Cox Powell

[ame="http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?p=725828#post725828"]Human remains found near the Cowlitz River 2-19-10 Lewis Co., WA - Help Find The Missing[/ame]

The fact Mr. Cox thinks Susan is still alive is so confusing. If this is the case, why isn't the reward higher? Why no effort to establish a reward fund controlled by an entity that specializes in collecting funds like this? Why is the reward a measly $11,000.00? If someone knows something, which I am sure someone does, why is it there hasn't been a focus on increasing the reward so that one person will give up the information to solve this case? This is the one thing that has really annoyed me!
I don't think Chuck Cox thinks Susan is alive. I think he is a father, and it's not his place to give up hope. I don't link the reward value with his beliefs, but there do seem to be other reasons that it hasn't been raised. All of us who care could donate more, of course, but I don't see myself adding to it at this point. Of course you can, or you can create a fund drive to make it happen.

This is 58 miles from where Susan lived.

Body found in Hobble Creek Canyon

Hikers reported finding a body in Hobble Creek Canyon in Utah County dispatchers said Sunday.

Sheriff's deputies were en route to the canyon as of 5 p.m. The Salt Lake Tribune will report further details as they become available.

Erin Alberty

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14445078?source=rss

Please move if needed. I couldn't find a thread to put it in.

This report has more details, like "only a five minute hike off the road" -- and frankly, this would make more sense, than "west desert"

SLC Channel 4 Report

Body found in Hobblecreek Canyon

Last Update: 6:04 pm
Print Story | ShareThis

Police (ABC 4 News) SPRINGVILLE, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A body has been found in Hobblecreek Canyon Sunday afternoon.

The body is located about five minute hike from the main road in the Right Hand Fork area of the canyon.

Hikers called in the find Sunday afternoon.

Not much is known yet as to how the body got there or even the gender.

Utah County Sheriff has crews on the way to the scene to get more information.

Stay tuned to ABC 4 News and abc4.com for updates on this story.

SPRINGVILLE — Sheriff's deputies have confirmed that the body of a 25- to 35-year-old woman was found by hikers in Hobble Creek Canyon on Sunday.

The call came in to Utah County Sheriff's dispatchers about 4:10 p.m. that a body was found on the side of the road about 3 to 4 miles from the mouth of the canyon. Investigators are calling the circumstances "suspicious" but wouldn't disclose details.

Investigators have been trying to reach the body by snowmobile or hiking for removal.

When asked whether the body could be that of Susan Powell the missing West Valley City mother of two, Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said they're pretty certain the body is not that of Powell, who has been gone for more than two months.

"It's not connected to any missing person cases that we know about at this time," he said.

More information will be posted on deseretnews.com as it becomes available.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-found-in-Hobble-Creek-Canyon-suspicious.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back