Does Skyline school bear any responsibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard anywhere that the school called the parents when this little boy didn't appear in his class. Does anyone know if they did or not? It just doesn't seem that someone would come right into the school and take a little kid unless they work at the school. I think there is a lot more to this case then we are being told. This little guy belonged in a class. The teacher would have noticed that he wasn't in his chair as soon as class resumed if they had been on recess or the science fair was over. It seems that the parents weren't notified until after school was out or he didn't come home. Something just seems off with this story. Anyone else feel the same way?

Something seems off about it to me, especially since Kyron's backpack and coat were in his classroom.

The school did not have a policy to call home if a child was absent. The parents did not know he was missing until the school bus did not drop him off.

Floor plan map of Skyline School is also posted in reference forum =)

Looking at this map, it makes it all the more clear to me how small this school actually is. Does anyone know where the main office is?

Does this school have an elevator?

Also, I noticed on the school website there is a picture outside of school where students are gathered. There is a bicycle rack with bikes. Anyone know if it is routine for children at this school to ride their bikes to school? I'm thinking, if so, they would make easier targets planned or spur-of-the-moment than K inside the school, pointing to K as a specified target, not necessarily opportunity.

Kyron Horman case update: Should all schools install security cameras?

As the search for missing Portland, Oregon boy, Kyron Horman continues many ask why the school did not have security cameras installed. With the knowledge that those cameras could have provided vital clues in the case, many across the nation are calling for security cameras to be installed in every school.

What do you think? Do you think school security cameras are a necessity or a luxury? Should all schools have security cameras installed?

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=7634

point taken...

My kids are still little and I rarely rode the bus when I was in school. Do you know if bus routes generally stay the same from year to year? Since it is a small rural area, maybe they do, so not something to definitely discount, just not necessarily fact. You're perceptive. I didn't even notice the bus route info, until you mentioned it.

I noticed in the tour of Kyron's classroom that there are closeup photos of Kyron's signature and handwriting. This makes me wonder if LE hopes that he is alive. Again, photos of his art, how he looks without glasses, his signature, his handwriting. I know it's wishful thinking.

I was thinking the same thing-LE wants his voice out there, as well as his handwriting. Appearance is covered with the photos and the released home video...

My kids are still little and I rarely rode the bus when I was in school. Do you know if bus routes generally stay the same from year to year? Since it is a small rural area, maybe they do, so not something to definitely discount, just not necessarily fact. You're perceptive. I didn't even notice the bus route info, until you mentioned it.
I am not sure but s new local on the dream thread may be able to answer this. I will let you know. Just wanted ((earlier)) to post the bus stats or any that we knew for facts. WE shall see. thanks for the input and analysis

floorplanofSkylinecropped.jpg

floorplanofSkyline.jpg

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/KYRON/Maps KYRON/

http://s780.photobucket.com/home/gwenabob/index

I went out to Skyline School today and took lots of photos. Feel free to have a look.

gwenabob, thanks so much for all your time and effort to bring these pictures to us :blowkiss: - your pictures of the tribute to Kyron, with all the balloons, are really terrific!

Do you know what that big 4 door outside building is? Are the school buses in there? TIA

gwenabob, thanks so much for all your time and effort to bring these pictures to us :blowkiss: - your pictures of the tribute to Kyron, with all the balloons, are really terrific!

Do you know what that big 4 door outside building is? Are the school buses in there? TIA

No, school buses are not stored at individual schools. They are at a common lot, and I believe they are contracted out to a private company.

I suspect, but do not know for a fact, that it is a garage used for storage, maybe or landscaping maintenance, more likely. Or maybe both.

Gwenabob after seeing your pics a perp could easily hide and not be seen. Especially the access road and the steep enbankment are so secluded. The pic that creeped me out the most was the one you took through the door at the stairs. I think a child could easily go out that door and not be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther