Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really believe people want to insert themselves in high profile cases for the publicity but the reality is high profile cases take over your lives, not just your business, and you can't really do any other business while you are on a high profile case. So if he let his fee get to 90K without trying to collect, well, consider the publicity as paid in full. Not a very good deal if you ask me.

Classic disconnect IMO.

I think DC had an expectation of being paid $90K at some point (when Caylee was found?) and it all turned out to plan. The A's had an expectation that everyone connected with them volunteered and they reserved the rights on any payment.

Obviously, DC originally wanted in and the A's wanted to leverage him but -- while there was an agreement, payment was more of an understanding. As things typically do in Anthony-land, DC became more of a liability than benefit and so he was sidelined. BC will get the same ultimate treatment.

Thanks but ..... we are victims too, we have no jobs and, we need to watch our money. Payment is your moment in the spotlight. Good or bad.

Classic disconnect IMO.

I think DC had an expectation of being paid $90K at some point (when Caylee was found?) and it all turned out to plan. The A's had an expectation that everyone connected with them volunteered and they reserved the rights on any payment.

Obviously, DC originally wanted in and the A's wanted to leverage him but -- while there was an agreement, payment was more of an understanding. As things typically do in Anthony-land, DC became more of a liability than benefit and so he was sidelined. BC will get the same ultimate treatment.

Thanks but ..... we are victims too, we have no jobs and, we need to watch our money. Payment is your moment in the spotlight. Good or bad.

Which brings up an interesting point...

Didn't we see a copy of the written agreement between DC and the Anthonys in a doc that stated he was to be paid "on a contingency basis" , and we were all wondering "contingent upon WHAT?", but the 2nd page of the three page document was missing???

So if DC had an expectation of making $90,000, how much money were the Anthony's to make....and from what source???!!!

Didn't we see a copy of the written agreement between DC and the Anthonys in a doc that stated he was to be paid "on a contingency basis" , and we were all wondering "contingent upon WHAT?", but the 2nd page of the three page document was missing???

So if DC had an expectation of making $90,000, how much money were the Anthony's to make....and from what source???!!!

And does this tie back in to the supposed book deal?

$1.25M from a book/movie?

Does anyone have that missing page of the agreement, letter of engagement as he loves to call it, between mom and pop and Dom? The part that is mysteriously missing is the contingency or payment promise. I would be very interested to see that.

He better pray he did not use one of Jose's for a template. Remember the one he made that he claimed to have worked so hard on researching every book in the law library to structure regarding LP and crew....and it contradicted itself paragraph by paragraph?

The fact that Jose and then the Anthonys would employ, under any circumstance, someone who had only been a PI for a few short months to do something as urgent and vital as look for a missing child tells me that they knew it was a farce. I wouldn't even let an inexperienced mechanic work on my car.....let alone hire someone with no experience to look for the most precious thing in the world to me. Come on.

Whatever he charged them was a joke, the "PI" work he did was a joke and I am happy finally, after a year and half of stalling ....he finally had to answer the state's questions.

He flat out lied to LE in his interview and said he did not know Hoover was videotaping him. Then he and Brad go on Geraldo and claim that Hoover was pedaling the tape when the tape was work product, it belonged to Dom and therefore to mom and pop....on national TV they asserted this....both of them knowing he had said he had no knowledge of the tape to Yuri, under oath. You just can't make this stuff up. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_sEh-hVZcA[/ame]

Sorry this is OT, but it just dawned on me, could GR be KC's benefactor? OR someone connected to the media, to ensure they get the inside story on every detail before the rest of the media. That sure seems unethical, but could it be possible?

I think it is very possible that this is true. GR might have been smart enough to hide it by having someone else actually front the money, etc. But think about it....how many times has JB been on GR for this case or as a talking head? Now how many times has been on any other show? How many times on those other shows has he given any information other than "we will try this in court, not in the court of public opinion"?

GR appears to have exclusive access to JB at any time. Maybe GR is not so much funding KC's defense as he is funding JB. I think that GR (think greasy individual here) might have been the one to hook JB up with Todd Black aka Gil Cabot as well as Todd M and AL.

I don't think these people, with the exception of TB, just volunteered to jump on this crazy train all by themselves. Someone had to have nudged them gently in that direction and GR has the connections and money to make that happen.

All speculation on my part before I get blasted for the above.

I agree that DC has information that would prove to be detrimental to the defense.

Last December, as a follow-up, Yuri Malich went to the Anthony home with a search warrant. Present were Cindy, George, the Milsteads, DC, and I think JH. Cindy told Yuri, "I sent someone to search that area last month and nothing was there." It was also at that time that Cindy admitted that Caylee's Winnie-the-Pooh blanket was missing - something she had previously withheld.

I've always felt that there was something very hinky about DC's search. I think the psychic's participation in that search was a cover for who really supplied the information on where Caylee's remains were located. The psychic did state in an interview that she had spoken to Cindy on the phone, and Cindy had sent her a stuffed animal that had belonged to Caylee.

I think the whole thing was a set up.........Cindy or Lee got the information from Casey on where to find Caylee. Cindy told the psychic some details, and if ever questioned, the psychic was to say that she had a vision of where Caylee was.

I think DC was part of the planning on how to make it look like something it wasn't..........a psychic leading him to Caylee's remains. Remember his words to JH - "We're going to go get Caylee." He KNEW where she was, at least the general vicinity, and was confident he would find her.

We don't know who was on the phone with DC as he searched. I'm confident it wasn't his sick daughter, nor was it the psychic. I think it had to have been one of the Anthonys. I suspect it was Lee, and the reason I suspect it was Lee is because I think he's the only one in the family Casey would confide in. Lee shared what he knew with Cindy, who arranged for DC to search the area. When it came to the search, Lee would be the one who would be able to relate his conversation with Casey to DC.

Respectfully Quoted Leila :)
BBM

ITA with your whole post, thank you. For the part in bold, I can see this being the way it was due to the family dynamics. I had read what is below earlier today and came to this thread to read. When I came across your post, I couldn't help but remember this section of the report. Melich is speaking of Michelle Murphy a girl who lived with Lee and another roommate and was a close family friend of the Anthony family.

OCSO Supplemental Report

In February or March of 2007 Casey told Michelle that she had been pregnant with Brandon's child and later had a miscarriage. While pregnant, Casey shared this with Lee who in turn told Cynthia. Michelle said that Cynthia was very upset with this news. Michelle doubts Casey was ever pregnant.
(end)

In his statement to LE, DC says that JH was a "sneaky devil" and was video taping him without his permission/knowledge. DC says he said something to the effect of "what the he!! are you doing video taping me" and LE asks if that is on the tape and DC(not in a straight way but says) "Yes". I have watched the video on YouTube but there was no sound. Do we know if what DC claims is true? TIA

:cow:

Hi Chiquita. Now I am getting confused because I thought I heard that the no clothes party was in May and Cindy was babysitting that night, and she was mad because she (Cindy) thought Casey was at work. It was in June that Cindy hadn't see Casey for a month, and since she knew Casey was still partying by checking out Casey and Amy's facebook, she was wondering where Caylee was. I think this is clear here that Cindy knew nothing about the Zanny Nanny until Casey started feeding that story to Cindy in June. But she certainly seems to have fed the nanny story to her friends because she wanted her friends to think she was "way cool". I've been mulling over a scenario where Casey finally had to come up with an accident theory for JB, and admitted the location approx of Cayley. Jose sent DC to look for the body and just couldn't find it because he was looking for a "body" and being a bit of a dumba?? it didn't occur to him there was almost nothing left and what was left was spread all over the place. I think it was JB on the phone, and that's why the many privileged motions. Since Cindy is such a blabber, I really really doubt JB would trust her with the "real" information that they were actually looking for Caylee. Am I way off base here?

Quote Respect logicalgirl :)
BBM

I have more info now and more of an opinion on this information from logicalgirl. Thank you!

In my previous post I said that I could see the family dynamics being that Casey was able/willing to tell Lee and he told Cindy. ITA agree with what you have said except I think it was Lee not JB, who Casey told and that is exactly how she would have told him: that it was an accident. I didn't think Casey told anyone because I don't think she would ever admit what she really did but I wasn't putting it together that she would give the info like it was an accident.

(Now whether JB is involved in that and knew also, I don't have enough info to have an opinion on that.)

The reason(s) I think it went from Casey to Lee to Cindy(besides the "family dynamic" reason and many of the same reasons other WS's feel it was Lee) is because Cindy sent "people" to search that area, withheld info about the Pooh blanket, etc. She received the information via Lee.

RE: DC being a "dumba" (kute :) ) ITA with all that you said about that: him expecting to find a "body." According to LE, RK said the officer that responded to the remains site at the request of RK "argued with him whether Caylee would be a skeleton"(not exact quote). It seems the officer went to the edge of the swampy area, as close as you could get before leaving dry land(the officer even slipped on a slope) and RK felt "belittled" by the officer dismissing the find as a "waste" of (resources? something to that effect). If an actual officer isn't thinking "skeleton" then it is more than reasonable neither was DC, or Cindy. DC mentioned many times in his interview with LE that he was "freaked out" and "hoping not to find anything" and "worried what he would find"(not exact quotes). If he was expecting to come across the corpse of a two and a half year old girl, it makes more sense to me his worry. I do think he was relieved when he did not find anything. IIRC he says something to that effect.

Is that the answer? The reason they didn't find anything was because they were looking for a body? Not remains? Only RK understood what he was seeing.

...jmo...

What if this went deeper than we know? What if someone from the media wanted an exclusive and would pay big money for it if they could find the remains? Just a crazy thought but DC is fearful of something and it's not just JB. JMO

100%Agave,
who is TB?

To me that's Troy Brown... and I'm pretty sure that's not who you're referring to ;)

I'm now starting to wonder if they went looking for a body specifically for the purpose of making a better book/movie deal down the road. Either find the body, hide it, and make this case even more of a circus than it already is and without a body be able to claim innocence more and more (write a whole book on how innocent Casey is), or not find the body and use that as extra drama to be added to a book/movie. "We had to go out on our own and look for our grandbaby, and she just wasn't there." You know, make it fall back on the evil LE and how they wouldn't help these poor grandparents, wah wah wah.

Thankfully, Kronk found her and put an end to any of that coming out in a book, or them being able to get any kind of movie/book deal that would net them any sort of profit, much less the profit they were looking for in the beginning. Now doing what they did just makes them look worse, and makes their prospects for any book or movie deal look dimmer by the day. It's no wonder they don't mind the finger being pointed at Kronk since he's the one that effectively cut off their bloody money train.

What if this went deeper than we know? What if someone from the media wanted an exclusive and would pay big money for it if they could find the remains? Just a crazy thought but DC is fearful of something and it's not just JB. JMO

Jail????

BBM

I have more info now and more of an opinion on this information from logicalgirl. Thank you!

In my previous post I said that I could see the family dynamics being that Casey was able/willing to tell Lee and he told Cindy. ITA agree with what you have said except I think it was Lee not JB, who Casey told and that is exactly how she would have told him: that it was an accident. I didn't think Casey told anyone because I don't think she would ever admit what she really did but I wasn't putting it together that she would give the info like it was an accident.

(Now whether JB is involved in that and knew also, I don't have enough info to have an opinion on that.)

The reason(s) I think it went from Casey to Lee to Cindy(besides the "family dynamic" reason and many of the same reasons other WS's feel it was Lee) is because Cindy sent "people" to search that area, withheld info about the Pooh blanket, etc. She received the information via Lee.

RE: DC being a "dumba" (kute :) ) ITA with all that you said about that: him expecting to find a "body." According to LE, RK said the officer that responded to the remains site at the request of RK "argued with him whether Caylee would be a skeleton"(not exact quote). It seems the officer went to the edge of the swampy area, as close as you could get before leaving dry land(the officer even slipped on a slope) and RK felt "belittled" by the officer dismissing the find as a "waste" of (resources? something to that effect). If an actual officer isn't thinking "skeleton" then it is more than reasonable neither was DC, or Cindy. DC mentioned many times in his interview with LE that he was "freaked out" and "hoping not to find anything" and "worried what he would find"(not exact quotes). If he was expecting to come across the corpse of a two and a half year old girl, it makes more sense to me his worry. I do think he was relieved when he did not find anything. IIRC he says something to that effect.

Is that the answer? The reason they didn't find anything was because they were looking for a body? Not remains? Only RK understood what he was seeing.

...jmo...

Yes, it makes sense Chiquita, but when would Lee tell Casey? He hadn't talked to her face to face for months had he? And I can't imagine Casey writing it down in one of the family letters JB has been ferrying back and forth because I feel confident JB reads and approves them before he does the exchange. Or am I mistaken about the Lee/Casey contact time? I thought I remembered Leonard saying JB seemed pretty chummy with the family around that time. And didn't he attend the crab puff/steak dinner with the family?

Fast forward to close to the end of this video and check out what this PI says. Vinne Parko, a private investigator, says that his firm gets hired sometimes to get close to the parties in a high profile case...BY THE LITERARY AGENT OR PRODUCTION AGENT...SO THAT WHEN THE TIME COMES THEY HAVE AN IN ROAD TO MAKE A DEAL. I just don't see Dom as even smart enough to even think along these lines, do you? I don't think he met this family for this reason, but who knows...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqpwe7apfl0[/ame]

BBM

...jmo...

I think it's very likely that everyone was in the mindset that they were looking for a body - a whole, complete, body. No one was looking for scattered bits and pieces. That's why searchers like JW and some of the TES searchers have made the statement that "they searched that area and nothing was there." That's why Cindy could make that statement to Yuri Malich, when he served another search warrant in December 2008 - about two weeks after the remains were found.

By the time that Cindy made that first phone call to 911, 31 days had already elapsed. By the time of the first search by TES, more than two months had elapsed.

The hot summer heat in Florida, the humidity and frequent rain, not to mention Hurricane Fay, and the wild animals, would all contribute to the decomposition of a body, to the point that in a very short time, searchers would be looking for only pieces. For untrained searchers, they could pass by a bone and not recognize it as part of a human skeleton.

And, on top of all this, the area where Caylee's remains were eventually found was under water for most of that time. With only bits and pieces, it doesn't take much water to conceal the remains of what was once a small body, now reduced to small bits and pieces.

100%Agave,
who is TB?

To me that's Troy Brown... and I'm pretty sure that's not who you're referring to ;)

Sorry....it's Todd Black aka Gil Cabot aka "so many names...so little time".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther