Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's very likely that everyone was in the mindset that they were looking for a body - a whole, complete, body. No one was looking for scattered bits and pieces. That's why searchers like JW and some of the TES searchers have made the statement that "they searched that area and nothing was there." That's why Cindy could make that statement to Yuri Malich, when he served another search warrant in December 2008 - about two weeks after the remains were found.

By the time that Cindy made that first phone call to 911, 31 days had already elapsed. By the time of the first search by TES, more than two months had elapsed.

The hot summer heat in Florida, the humidity and frequent rain, not to mention Hurricane Fay, and the wild animals, would all contribute to the decomposition of a body, to the point that in a very short time, searchers would be looking for only pieces. For untrained searchers, they could pass by a bone and not recognize it as part of a human skeleton.

And, on top of all this, the area where Caylee's remains were eventually found was under water for most of that time. With only bits and pieces, it doesn't take much water to conceal the remains of what was once a small body, now reduced to small bits and pieces.

You've hit the thumb on the nail! This is EXACTLY why TES stopped the search when the water level was so high, the disarticulated bones which Tim Miller KNEW from experience would be scattered would be mucked under by the equipment!

I'm now starting to wonder if they went looking for a body specifically for the purpose of making a better book/movie deal down the road. Either find the body, hide it, and make this case even more of a circus than it already is and without a body be able to claim innocence more and more (write a whole book on how innocent Casey is), or not find the body and use that as extra drama to be added to a book/movie. "We had to go out on our own and look for our grandbaby, and she just wasn't there." You know, make it fall back on the evil LE and how they wouldn't help these poor grandparents, wah wah wah.

Thankfully, Kronk found her and put an end to any of that coming out in a book, or them being able to get any kind of movie/book deal that would net them any sort of profit, much less the profit they were looking for in the beginning. Now doing what they did just makes them look worse, and makes their prospects for any book or movie deal look dimmer by the day. It's no wonder they don't mind the finger being pointed at Kronk since he's the one that effectively cut off their bloody money train.

The states request for a private meeting with the judge, and to withhold information and evidence from the defense pending full investigation makes me suspect something diferent. If the state specifically does not want the defense to know something it makes me wonder if DC did not say those magic words "Someone on the defense team instructed and/or promised to pay me to find and MOVE the body". LE and the SA would not be able to directly act immediately on simply the say so of a multiple times over discredited witness like DC, but it would be enough to trigger a sealed investigation like that, wouldn't it?

I can't recall if it was actually officially stated but feel confident in saying that most TES volunteer searchers were scouting for bones every bit as much as they were for a body. I can't begin to tell you the number of markers that were placed by bones that were called in for further determination as to whether or not they were human or animal.

I can't recall if it was actually officially stated but feel confident in saying that most TES volunteer searchers were scouting for bones every bit as much as they were for a body. I can't begin to tell you the number of markers that were placed by bones that were called in for further determination as to whether or not they were human or animal.

Smart move. Because even if it isn't the body of the person they volunteered to search for, it might solve a different case.

Hello WS :)

Interview with LE
Dominic Casey
January 7, 2009

LE: Okay. What else did you talk about on the way down?
DC: I just said, "I, I hope to God it's not." I said, "I know this area's been searched," and I said "I just, I just hope, this is not something I want to do. I don't want to go in there. I don't want to see anything and I don't want to do this."

OCSO Supplemental Report

Roy said the deputy was dismissive and told him the area had already been checked and Roy was wasting the county's time.
(skip)
Roy believes Chris did not see the object and he David said he thought Roy was crazy. Roy confirmed that the white object was at least 4-6' from dry land in the water.
(skip)
A deputy was dispatched and met with Roy. When the deputy shows up, Roy pointed to the white item (skull) but it wasn't as prominent as before. The deputy walked toward the waterline, looked around and then turned to walk back, slipping on the slope while doing so. The deputy got within six feet from the object but never touched or manipulated it. Roy told the deputy he thought he saw a human skull but the deputy started "arguing" with him on whether the remains would be skeletal by now. The deputy said he was wasting the county's time and Roy felt belittled.

TM understood what he was looking for and that is different than what RK and DC were experiencing. Was TM ever aware of what RK was reporting? I wonder if TM had known, he might have also understood what he was seeing: Caylee's remains. My understanding(please correct if wrong)is that TM called off the search for the reason there was water. But he never went back? Was he going to go back when the water was gone? When DC was there and when Caylee's remains were "finally" found-the water was gone, so why hadn't anyone from TM's camp gone back to search?

I was thinking that maybe Cindy didn't tell DC that she had given the psychic information. Leaving him to believe that he was in touch with someone who was having a true vision. DC says he was freaked out for two reasons: because of the psychic and her details and because he did not want to find "anything."

LE: You were freaked out because of the pavers?
DC: Yeah, and I've got somebody up in Virginia telling me that there's, look for...

LE: Right
DC: ...something and (inaudible).
LE: Were you guys pretty much, I mean were you relieved that you had gone there and you'd searched and, and uh, it was over with?
DC: I was relieved that I did not see or find anything.
LE: Okay

I would say that JB knew also if it is true that he told DC: "If you find anything don't call 911." I agree with WSer's who are saying that LE already knew what was on the video tape when they were questioning DC. They seem very suspicious that DC did not know JH was video taping him. They also seem suspicious as to why DC ever went to the spot he did: besides why he(they meaning his clients)decided what tips they would follow up on but specifically why that one. DC gives the Kio interview as the main and first reason he was searching that area. LE asks him, why he thought a place Casey used to hang out when she was a teen equates to finding Caylee. They question him about that a lot.

Cindy may have also given DC the Kio reason for why she was having him search there but needed the extra information of the psychic to be able to say to DC: this is worth checking out. At this time, the Anthonys are looking for a live Caylee so this "tip" would have to be a strong one. DC was hired to "investigate the disappearance" of Caylee, her kidnapping-not to find her dead body, is what I am inferring from his statements.

ETA: As far as any book deals or other reasons for "why Dominick is scared" that is all over my head at this time.

...JS...(Just Sleuthing)

The states request for a private meeting with the judge, and to withhold information and evidence from the defense pending full investigation makes me suspect something diferent. If the state specifically does not want the defense to know something it makes me wonder if DC did not say those magic words "Someone on the defense team instructed and/or promised to pay me to find and MOVE the body". LE and the SA would not be able to directly act immediately on simply the say so of a multiple times over discredited witness like DC, but it would be enough to trigger a sealed investigation like that, wouldn't it?

Quote Respect faefrost :)

I am thinking this is what might be going on. That, through DC the SA may have the proof that Casey admitted through(JB, DC, Lee and then to Cindy)that Caylee's death was an "accident" and that she had disposed of her daughter's body.

I wonder if that is why Cindy was pushing the "drowning in the pool" theory in her interviews for a while?

I would think that JB being involved might be enough for why the SA wanted a private meeting?

...js...

Classic disconnect IMO.

I think DC had an expectation of being paid $90K at some point (when Caylee was found?) and it all turned out to plan. The A's had an expectation that everyone connected with them volunteered and they reserved the rights on any payment.

Obviously, DC originally wanted in and the A's wanted to leverage him but -- while there was an agreement, payment was more of an understanding. As things typically do in Anthony-land, DC became more of a liability than benefit and so he was sidelined. BC will get the same ultimate treatment.

Thanks but ..... we are victims too, we have no jobs and, we need to watch our money. Payment is your moment in the spotlight. Good or bad.

Did we ever see that missing page that sets out the contingency in their letter of engagement? I think that will be very telling and was so OBVIOUSLY LEFT OUT WHEN THE DOCUMENT WAS RELEASED.

ExpextingUnicorns: More times than I care to recount the manner that this information is presented is "if ANYTHING looks unusual, get confirmation by another searcher, mark it and then a "pro" will evaluate your marker". I've always indicated that I'd rather look at something familiar to me than miss something important to a family. The other point often made and emphasized: the lost one found might be another rather than the one folks were searching.

Did we ever see that missing page that sets out the contingency in their letter of engagement? I think that will be very telling and was so OBVIOUSLY LEFT OUT WHEN THE DOCUMENT WAS RELEASED.

Maybe it was written with invisible ink?....or perhaps filed by Jose's ever efficient part-time summer help while she was out on ....ahem..."home confinement"? and she used the circular filing system?

So far, that missing page of the "agreement" has not been released publicly. It's clearly something that DC wants kept private, and I wonder how long that will be?

Listen to Dom tell this B.S. ( near the end ) of a live Caylee, days after he was searching the woods, having told Hoover, "Caylee is dead. We are going to get her".[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ongUkbBB5t4[/ame]

Notice it is Dom speaking , not Mr. Nejame, who washed his hands of this nonsense. You just can't make this stuff up!!!

Oh, Dominic is going to make such an excellent witness for the state ! Cindy and George have been quiet lately, Casey and her team are flat broke and their trusted PI is going to spill the dirt on the family (in open court). I couldn't have dreamed this scenario up if I tried !

Looks as if Dominic is not scared at all contrary to this thread.
I agree, he will be a pivotal witness if this ever gets to trial.

Quote Respect faefrost :)

I am thinking this is what might be going on. That, through DC the SA may have the proof that Casey admitted through(JB, DC, Lee and then to Cindy)that Caylee's death was an "accident" and that she had disposed of her daughter's body.

I wonder if that is why Cindy was pushing the "drowning in the pool" theory in her interviews for a while?

I would think that JB being involved might be enough for why the SA wanted a private meeting?

...js...

It isn't just that JB would be involved in knowing that KC was dead. That wouldn't trigger a request for4 a closed or private meeting. Even JB sending someone out to look for the body would not do this. Not even his cryptic instructions to not call 911 but call him instead. While unconscionable is still within the boundries and ethical limitations of a defense attorney. His obligation is to the client and not LE. BUT!!!! If the SA had testimony or some strong indication that JB gave specific instructions that the body be moved or evidence removed recovered or altered that is a whole diferent story. He would have then comitted a crime himself. But for the SA to properly investigate an attorney sitting in an adversarial position like that would require such 1 party comunication with the judge. Whereas LE and the SA can do whatever they wish investigatively regarding the other players such as the A family. There really isn't any obvious compelling reason to block knowlege of such an investigation from the defense.

That's why I think DC gave some rather interesting testimony and threw JB under the bus.

Listen to Dom tell this B.S. ( near the end ) of a live Caylee, days after he was searching the woods, having told Hoover, "Caylee is dead. We are going to get her".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ongUkbBB5t4

Notice it is Dom speaking , not Mr. Nejame, who washed his hands of this nonsense. You just can't make this stuff up!!!

Thanks TWA
IMO, and What I find sad, is that the longer Caylee is missing the more confident they are that she will come home. .In this press conference Cindy says she is confident that every day they get closer and closer to finding her...

Cindy also says near the end that they are not out there to discredit what the Prosecution has against Casey...:waitasec:

Hi faefrost
The SA is not asking to withhold any information or evidence nor not want the defense to know something.
The Prosecution, as stated in the Ex Parte Motion, knows the information and evidence is discoverable to the defense, they only seek to delay it's release.

Now I don't know if DC or JB acting unethically would be considered Discoverable information or evidence in the case against Casey .:waitasec:
Perhaps one of the lawyers on WS can answer that, Please.

Hi faefrost
The SA is not asking to withhold any information or evidence nor not want the defense to know something.
The Prosecution, as stated in the Ex Parte Motion, knows the information and evidence is discoverable to the defense, they only seek to delay it's release.

Now I don't know if DC or JB acting unethically would be considered Discoverable information or evidence in the case against Casey .:waitasec:
Perhaps one of the lawyers on WS can answer that, Please

Just the mere fact of an ethics violation wouldn't be discoverable. But if, hypothetically, either of them actually tampered with the evidence, that would be discoverable.

Just the mere fact of an ethics violation wouldn't be discoverable. But if, hypothetically, either of them actually tampered with the evidence, that would be discoverable.

This is an intriguing possibility! I pose two hypothetical situations.....................

Scenario 1. JB knows where Caylee's remains are located, having learned the general location from Casey. JB sends DC out to locate the remains and report back to him. DC finds the remains and reports to JB the exact location and what he found. JB tells DC to move the remains to a location distant from the Anthony home. DC tells JB he can't do that as the remains are small pieces scattered over a broad area. JB tells DC to remove and dispose of anything from the remains site that would tie Caylee's murder directly to Casey. DC returns to the remains site and removes several items, which he keeps.

Scenario 2. Cindy knows the general location of Caylee's remains, having learned this either directly from Casey when she was out on bond, or from Lee whom Casey confided in. Cindy sends DC out to locate Caylee's remains. DC finds the remains and reports back to Cindy who instructs him to dispose of the remains permanently - bury them in some remote location preferably far from Orlando. DC tells Cindy he can't do that as the remains are spread far and wide. Cindy instructs DC to go back to the remains site and remove anything that could be incriminating to Casey and dispose of it. DC returns to the remains site and removes several items that could tie Casey directly to Caylee's murder. Instead of disposing of these items, he keeps them.

In both of these scenarios we have an individual who has knowledge of where Caylee's remains were located. In both cases these individuals are motivated to keep Caylee's remains from being found, or if found, to make sure that there's nothing with the remains that incriminates Casey.

In both cases we have a private investigator who realized that if he disposed of Caylee's remains he would become an accessory after the fact and that may have played a role in him refusing to dispose of the remains. And in both scenarios, the private investigator keeps the items he was told to remove. Keeping these items may be two-fold. First of all, he knows he's in possession of evidence in a criminal case, and secondly, those items become an "insurance policy" for him to be paid for his services.

If either of these two scenarios proves to be accurate, would that qualify as a just cause for the prosecution's motion for an in camera, ex-parte hearing with the judge without the presence of the defense?

If the first scenario proves to be correct, would that be cause to have JB removed from the case and possibly disbarred?

If the second scenario proves to be correct, would that be grounds for charges of evidence tampering against Cindy and/or George Anthony? Could either of them be charged with accessory after the fact?

And, if either scenario proves correct, could DC be in a position of being offered immunity from prosecution in exchange for his testimony?

And, if either scenario proves correct, what would this do to the case against Casey Anthony?

Don't forget DC asked JH to come with him and JH had a camera. If you were doing something dishonest the last thing you would want with you is a camera. JMO

Don't forget DC asked JH to come with him and JH had a camera. If you were doing something dishonest the last thing you would want with you is a camera. JMO

Or maybe because had anything been found, that video would fetch big bucks........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon