Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#2

When I see him on one of the witness list, I will acknowledge that he has something important to say. To think that he got information from Kc somehow that the body was down there is a stretch to me. If Kc knew where the body was, why would she tell anyone?

I agree with you about the phychic thing and the Easter Bunny. He did say he was going down there to check out the Kio thing. He may have been listening to a phychic though on the phone. I think I can explain that, let me try.

Phychic follows the news and the blogs and easily determines that the anthony's use black garbage bags. Lots of video of Ga throwing out garbage in black bags.

Phychic googles the home and area, determines theres a woods in close proximity to the home. Determines the closest location to the woods is at the end of that fence line on suburban. (this is not rocket science)

Phychic contacts Ca and convinces her at this point that phychics have special powers. Ca goes on to mail her a stuffed animal.

Phychic determines by common sense that the body is located in the woods or at least a heck of a guess. Phychic calls Dc and throws in the pavers. Absolutley nothing to lose by doing this.

Phychic ends up on NG. Mission accomplished.

BTW, we figured out a while back that this psychic was in Orlando for a conference sometime after Casey was arrested and before the body was found (September 2008 I think). She had mentioned the conference on her blog. To make a living as a psychic she's probably at least a pretty intuitive person and figured out (as many WS'ers did) that a mom is likely to leave the body of her child close to home. So she very well might have walked the area in person and actually seen (or set up lol) a group of 3 pavers and whatever other landmarks she described to DC.

For everyone that I offended by joking that the good ole boys in Texas would say Get a Rope...here is the commercial. Of course I was not suggesting, literally that as a method for the dp!! It is an expression they use here a lot, as in Get Out of This City, Shut Your Mouth and other various slang silly things, it not to be interpreted literally. Those of you who know me, know that, and those that don't care for me, I wont be able to change. So this is for the visitors . I absolutely was not serious!!! Julia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgrGyR6EYbY

Living in a realistic world as I do.....I did not think you were serious. lol

BTW, we figured out a while back that this psychic was in Orlando for a conference sometime after Casey was arrested and before the body was found (September 2008 I think). She had mentioned the conference on her blog. To make a living as a psychic she's probably at least a pretty intuitive person and figured out (as many WS'ers did) that a mom is likely to leave the body of her child close to home. So she very well might have walked the area in person and actually seen (or set up lol) a group of 3 pavers and whatever other landmarks she described to DC.

Be careful, AZlawyer. Don't put her at the scene. She'll be the next person to be Kronked in this case. I sure hope she's not Hispanic or has dark hair...

I do kind of agree with this, though. Some psychics don't have as much psychic skill as they advertise. Think of what it would have done for her business if DC had found the body.

But two things bother me:

1. I've watched a lot of shows about psychics helping the police or a family, and they usually see things that might be near the body. The location of those things, however, is usually not known or very generalized - they don't usually know a specific area to look in, just if those things that they see in their mind show up, that's the area where the body most likely is. I can't imagine this psychic knowing so much that she narrowed it down to a specific area on suburban drive - and before anyone says anything, there is a LOT of foliage and plant life in Florida, so it's not like that area alone was the only place to try and hide a body. She might have heard of pavers from newsreports, which I don't think emphasized the pavers until after the body was found, but it's possible she heard it there and it stuck in her mind. So with all of that, she was almost dead on where Caylee was, and that is just unheard of with psychics. Unless she's the killer, she shouldn't know the exact area where Caylee was.

2. The other thing is Cindy getting duped by a psychic as suggested in another post. Cindy, nurse of decomposition, control freak, and know it all, gets duped by a psychic? I don't think so. She's going to trust some random psychic with knowing exactly where Caylee is? That's far out even for Cindy. Now I can see her maybe figuring out herself or getting Casey to cryptically tell her where Caylee is, and to not arouse suspicion, she dupes a psychic into helping her out so later the psychic can be blamed with knowing where Caylee was.

If I was that psychic, I would have had a lawyer on retainer since the body was found, just in case...

And to get back on topic, I think DC was doubly duped by the psychic and Cindy, poor guy. I actually feel sorry him because in all of this, he was really just a lowly pawn that got screwed in the end.

Be careful, AZlawyer. Don't put her at the scene. She'll be the next person to be Kronked in this case. I sure hope she's not Hispanic or has dark hair...

I do kind of agree with this, though. Some psychics don't have as much psychic skill as they advertise. Think of what it would have done for her business if DC had found the body.

But two things bother me:

1. I've watched a lot of shows about psychics helping the police or a family, and they usually see things that might be near the body. The location of those things, however, is usually not known or very generalized - they don't usually know a specific area to look in, just if those things that they see in their mind show up, that's the area where the body most likely is. I can't imagine this psychic knowing so much that she narrowed it down to a specific area on suburban drive - and before anyone says anything, there is a LOT of foliage and plant life in Florida, so it's not like that area alone was the only place to try and hide a body. She might have heard of pavers from newsreports, which I don't think emphasized the pavers until after the body was found, but it's possible she heard it there and it stuck in her mind. So with all of that, she was almost dead on where Caylee was, and that is just unheard of with psychics. Unless she's the killer, she shouldn't know the exact area where Caylee was.

2. The other thing is Cindy getting duped by a psychic as suggested in another post. Cindy, nurse of decomposition, control freak, and know it all, gets duped by a psychic? I don't think so. She's going to trust some random psychic with knowing exactly where Caylee is? That's far out even for Cindy. Now I can see her maybe figuring out herself or getting Casey to cryptically tell her where Caylee is, and to not arouse suspicion, she dupes a psychic into helping her out so later the psychic can be blamed with knowing where Caylee was.

If I was that psychic, I would have had a lawyer on retainer since the body was found, just in case...

And to get back on topic, I think DC was doubly duped by the psychic and Cindy, poor guy. I actually feel sorry him because in all of this, he was really just a lowly pawn that got screwed in the end.

Agree.

Also, KC told her family (and the rest of the world via jailhouse tape) She's CLOSE to home

I will add that this specific psychic has a reputation that is less than stellar. She has been publicly accused of taking money from the family of a murdered girl in Springfield, Va years ago and not doing anything but giving false leads and info to the family.

The jailhouse video between Lee and KC, where she is describing the lost blackjack...always felt like she was giving clues to Caylee's location. Their conversation was so criptic, but she was clearly trying to secretly tell him where to look for something, and why secretly describe where you "lost" or "placed" your phone? I feel stronger than ever (after having read your posts on this thread, which are so well written and backed up) that the family knew and tried desparetly to locate Caylee first. I wonder what would they have done had Caylee been found by DC? The only point in looking for her would be to "recover" her. So if they were doing that in secret, then what they would have done had they "recovered" Caylee probably would have been executed in secret as well.

He may cry privilege, but that doesn't mean he has anything of value to say.

Respectfully, your jumping off point is skewed. You are having a little fun with us, right?

Under Section 493.6119, Florida Statutes, , what do you do, as a private investigator, if you are subpoenaed to testify at a trial or deposition concerning confidential information you obtained in the course of an investigation? If you obtain the client's consent you may comply with the subpoena.
It is not Dominic who is crying privilege. It is Baez, mom, pop and Casey. Dominic is crying please let me keep my PI license!
We can check Baez off the list because Mrs. Drane-Burdick was not going to try to pierce any privilege that may or may not have existed between Baez and Dom. She even offered to allow a protective order as to that. She wrote in her motion and told them again in the hearing she was only interested in the time period AFTER the relationship between Baez and Dom was terminated. Crickets. Hello. Mr. Casey indeed filed a bar complaint with the state bar against Mr. Baez, and although he had hundreds of thousands of dollars, Mr. Baez did not pay Dominic. The dots are pretty close together for one to connect, one could infer Dominic is mad. There is no love loss there. Lets be clear on that.

LE caught him in a lie or confusion ( even if you interpret it in the light most favorable to Dom ) over if he was or was not working for Casey. There is no privilege between the defendant and Dom the investigator, real or imagined..not in Florida law, according to local and national lawyers . Two down, two to go.

If you watch the hearing that I have posted so very many times, listen to Mrs. Tennis. You'll remember this hearing. It is the time mom and pop were going to have to testify (the media made a big splash over it locally) She very plainly says..if any of these folks want to waive the privilege, he is certainly willing and able then to testify truthfully. If either side wants to add him to their witness list, of course, all bets are off, he would testify, he would have to. The folks she is speaking of are in the first instance are mom and pop. The folks she is referring to in the latter statement is the State and the Defense. THESE ARE THE FOLKS HOLDING UP HIM TESTIFYING. Mrs. Tennis made that crystal clear.
You may , or may not recall that Dominic was already in hot water regarding his license. IMO, he was going above and beyond publicly making it known that if, as ,and when he testified it would not be because he cannot be trusted with clients confidential discussions. Rather, it would be because his clients allowed, it , wished it to be, and specifically and formally waived any claim to a would be confidentiality agreement. Let's be clear on that.

Brad certainly knows how to prepare one, it is boilerplate, two paragraphs.One can google " Florida waiver of conflict of interest" and get a sample form,for goodness sakes. Indeed mom and pop already signed a similarly simple document regarding conflict of interest for Mr. Nejame. This little gem is a perfect example of a defense mistake. Not once, not twice but three times defense lawyers have argued that Mr. Nejame representing TES is a conflict of interest. Good grief! To his credit, Brad has stepped up and corrected this mistake on the record in open court and said no, that is not true, Mr. Nejame has their signed waiver. You just can't make this stuff up!!

I can tell you with certainty the ones crying privilege,as you put it..were Baez, mom and pop.
Dominic would have plenty to divulge in my view. Plenty. The fastest path to end his career forever would be to be caught lying to a federal officer,
( a felony) and or committing perjury to a state prosecutor. When it comes down to me or them, one hundred times out of one hundred folks pick themselves. He would have emptied the bucket to try to save himself and his very,very, short lived, already at risk license.

In the words of Florida Defense Expert Richard Hornsby, one does not fight a subpoena that hard unless they have something to hide. Do you recall that he had been fighting testifying under oath for a year? That line of thinking brings me to mom and pop. If they really want the truth, they would waive any thing standing in the way of getting to that truth for their beloved Caylee. The fact that they do not waive it, speaks as loudly to me as the very, very public and overt absent from any hearing, LEE! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAuXZ3jqJ70[/ame] www.ethics.state.fl.us

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TheWorldAccording...a mere thank you button just wasn't enough. You are totally on track with your entire post...:woohoo:

The below quote needs repeating...:clap:

Dominic would have plenty to divulge in my view. Plenty. The fastest path to end his career forever would be to be caught committing perjury to a state prosecutor. When it comes down to me or them, one hundred times out of one hundred folks pick themselves. He would have emptied the bucket to try to save himself and his very,very, short lived, already at risk license.

In the words of Florida Defense Expert Richard Hornsby, one does not fight a subpoena that hard unless they have something to hide. Do you recall that he had been fighting testifying under oath for a year? That line of thinking brings me to mom and pop. If they really want the truth, they would waive any thing standing in the way of getting to that truth for their beloved Caylee. The fact that they do not waive it, speaks as loudly to me as the very, very public and overt absent from any hearing, LEE!

In RED..

They say they want the truth but the "real" truth might implicate them in many crimes after the fact. During the investigation they broke all sorts of laws, yet LE looked the other way. I'm sure they are keeping tabs on things being said, just like the request for the Grand Jury transcripts to match up what GA testified to then and how he testified elsewhere. This is their granddaugther they loved so much and have yet to be her voice and stand up for her horrendous murder! Uncle Rick echoes in my ear, CA would never speak about anything wrong but good things are bragged about like the alleged "promotion" she recieved and graduating HS, yet all lies have been uncovered in the two references I mention. CA thinks she too is above the law, thinks she is a very entitled person and I can't wait for that smack of reality for her for I truly feel sad about her circumstances. She truly needs to face reality and do the right thing, even if that means ICA spends the rest of her life in prison. She should beg her to come clean...I remember in the early stages of this, CA told the detectives, I don't care if KC spends the rest of her life in jail, I only wany my Caylee back...I hope she can remember those words..:innocent:

sorry for my rant above...I get passionate about Caylee...back on topic...

DC has lots to be worried about for he stands to loose his profession and possibly go to jail. He was taken in by CA and is another pawn in this terrible saga. He fell for whatever it was she sold to him, drank her Koolaid....

There were pavers everywhere in those woods. She probably follows along with those other phychics as well that were in the same area. It is so easy for them to follow these high profile cases. There were very many tips by phychics, if they flood the case, one of them will come out correct. IMO

Respectfully, your jumping off point is skewed. You are having a little fun with us, right?

Under Section 493.6119, Florida Statutes, , what do you do, as a private investigator, if you are subpoenaed to testify at a trial or deposition concerning confidential information you obtained in the course of an investigation? If you obtain the client's consent you may comply with the subpoena.
It is not Dominic who is crying privilege. It is Baez, mom, pop and Casey. Dominic is crying please let me keep my PI license!
We can check Baez off the list because Mrs. Drane-Burdick was not going to try to pierce any privilege that may or may not have existed between Baez and Dom. She even offered to allow a protective order as to that. She wrote in her motion and told them again in the hearing she was only interested in the time period AFTER the relationship between Baez and Dom was terminated. Crickets. Hello. Mr. Casey indeed filed a bar complaint with the state bar against Mr. Baez, and although he had hundreds of thousands of dollars, Mr. Baez did not pay Dominic. The dots are pretty close together for one to connect, one could infer Dominic is mad. There is no love loss there. Lets be clear on that.

LE caught him in a lie or confusion ( even if you interpret it in the light most favorable to Dom ) over if he was or was not working for Casey. There is no privilege between the defendant and Dom the investigator, real or imagined..not in Florida law, according to local and national lawyers . Two down, two to go.

If you watch the hearing that I have posted so very many times, listen to Mrs. Tennis. You'll remember this hearing. It is the time mom and pop were going to have to testify (the media made a big splash over it locally) She very plainly says..if any of these folks want to waive the privilege, he is certainly willing and able then to testify truthfully. If either side wants to add him to their witness list, of course, all bets are off, he would testify, he would have to. The folks she is speaking of are in the first instance are mom and pop. The folks she is referring to in the latter statement is the State and the Defense. THESE ARE THE FOLKS HOLDING UP HIM TESTIFYING. Mrs. Tennis made that crystal clear.
You may , or may not recall that Dominic was already in hot water regarding his license. IMO, he was going above and beyond publicly making it known that if, as ,and when he testified it would not be because he cannot be trusted with clients confidential discussions. Rather, it would be because his clients allowed, it , wished it to be, and specifically and formally waived any claim to a would be confidentiality agreement. Let's be clear on that.

Brad certainly knows how to prepare one, it is boilerplate, two paragraphs.One can google " Florida waiver of conflict of interest" and get a sample form,for goodness sakes. Indeed mom and pop already signed a similarly simple document regarding conflict of interest for Mr. Nejame. This little gem is a perfect example of a defense mistake. Not once, not twice but three times defense lawyers have argued that Mr. Nejame representing TES is a conflict of interest. Good grief! To his credit, Brad has stepped up and corrected this mistake on the record in open court and said no, that is not true, Mr. Nejame has their signed waiver. You just can't make this stuff up!!

I can tell you with certainty the ones crying privilege,as you put it..were Baez, mom and pop.
Dominic would have plenty to divulge in my view. Plenty. The fastest path to end his career forever would be to be caught lying to a federal officer,
( a felony) and or committing perjury to a state prosecutor. When it comes down to me or them, one hundred times out of one hundred folks pick themselves. He would have emptied the bucket to try to save himself and his very,very, short lived, already at risk license.

In the words of Florida Defense Expert Richard Hornsby, one does not fight a subpoena that hard unless they have something to hide. Do you recall that he had been fighting testifying under oath for a year? That line of thinking brings me to mom and pop. If they really want the truth, they would waive any thing standing in the way of getting to that truth for their beloved Caylee. The fact that they do not waive it, speaks as loudly to me as the very, very public and overt absent from any hearing, LEE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAuXZ3jqJ70

Well all that has been said before cept for the Mn part. It is still my opinion that if Dc had something of value, he would be on someones witness list. I think Rh is just wrong, he has nothing to hide that has anything to do with premeditated murder.

The Mn part though. I feel that Mn stepped down and then went to work for the defense adversary. I believe he followed the money. Tm has a lot more money than Ga and CA. I would never trust a lawyer again that quit on me and went to work for my daughters adversary. Its more than a conflict of interest to me. IMO

Well all that has been said before cept for the Mn part. It is still my opinion that if Dc had something of value, he would be on someones witness list. I think Rh is just wrong, he has nothing to hide that has anything to do with premeditated murder.

The Mn part though. I feel that Mn stepped down and then went to work for the advisary. I believe he followed the money. Tm has a lot more money than Ga and CA. I would never trust a lawyer again that quit on me and went to work for my advisary. Its more than a conflict of interest to me. IMO

Why would you say Tim Miller is George and Cindy Anthony's adversary? Tim went to look for Caylee because Cindy asked him to, as he has does for many many desperate parents, to search for their missing child. As he did for his own missing daughter. Tim works for free, on donations only. He is a proven hero.

How does that make him their adversary? Because he searched for Caylee, whether she was dead or alive?

Why would you say Tim Miller is George and Cindy Anthony's adversary? Tim went to look for Caylee because Cindy asked him to, as he has does for many many desperate parents, to search for their missing child. As he did for his own missing daughter. Tim works for free, on donations only. He is a proven hero.

How does that make him their adversary? Because he searched for Caylee, whether she was dead or alive?

Thank you. I stand corrected. I mean to say Kc adversary or defense adversary. So same thing in my opinion.

Thank you. I stand corrected. I mean to say Kc adversary or defense adversary. So same thing in my opinion.

Yes, I suppose it's not unusual to lump them all together. However, Mark NeJame was always open about NOT being ICA's representative and in the end Cindy and George refused to follow his advice. They did sign a release for him as their lawyer.

I don't think Mark NeJame has changed sides. He has always been on the side of Caylee.

Three minute mark Mark Nejame
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzXgyz3kRDc[/ame]

I agree Mr. Miller is a hero!! Mark has been exceedingly kind and compassionate to mom and pop. I trust he is working for TES pro bono as everyone else that works with them are volunteers.

Advisory Legal Opinion - Investigative subpoenas/active criminal ...
- May 19
Orlando, Florida 32801. RE: CLERKS OF COURT--PUBLIC RECORDS--STATE ATTORNEYS–STATEWIDE PROSECUTOR--CRIMINAL PROCEDURE--investigative subpoenas issued as ...
www.myfloridalegal.com
/.../E6EF8EE8AEAF4E0E852562450057458C - Cached - Similar

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ajibgshx94[/ame]

Here Mark explains why he resigned as the Anthony's lawyer. It is humbling how kind he remained throughout to Mr. and Mrs. Anthony, I respect him. It is just a shame someone like him couldn't have been Casey's lawyer to begin with. Who was that lawyer mom and pop and Brad went to asking if he would come on the case and be Baez's replacement, they were offering to pay him with future money from media deals? I bet Dominic is still waiting for his pot of gold, here we are a foreclosure, closed office, two years later and no money. The more angry he becomes the more likely he will be a hostile witness if the defense calls him to the stand.
Advisory Legal Opinion - Investigative subpoenas/active criminal ...
- May 19
Orlando, Florida 32801. RE: CLERKS OF COURT--PUBLIC RECORDS--STATE ATTORNEYS–STATEWIDE PROSECUTOR--CRIMINAL PROCEDURE--investigative subpoenas issued as ...
www.myfloridalegal.com
E6EF8EE8AEAF4E0E852562450057458C - Cached -

Thank you again The World According - that was heart wrenching to listen to. Mark NeJame is such an honorable man - his advice at the time to George and Cindy on hearing this news was that they find their spiritual centre and let go and let God.

And he was definite and concise about his belief that his principles would not allow him to support ICA in her current stance, that he believed she knows the answers to what happened to Caylee and is "somehow" involved in her death.

Also chuckled (again) at his comments re there is something karmic in this for Baez. One day he is on TV trumpeting Caylee is still alive and the next day her remains are found. If ICA was Mark NeJames' client he would browbeat her night and day until she told the truth, until she knew the time for game playing was over. At the end of the day ICA's lawyer goes home to his bed, but this may very well cost ICA her life.

When I see him on one of the witness list, I will acknowledge that he has something important to say. To think that he got information from Kc somehow that the body was down there is a stretch to me. If Kc knew where the body was, why would she tell anyone?

quote snipped

Casey would tell Dominic where Caylee's bones were for the very same reason Dominic stated that Baez warned him not to call 911 (or LE?) if he was able to locate Caylee, but instead, for Dominic to call Baez himself.

So that Baez, with hopefully the help of Dominic, could move/destroy the rest of Caylee without her ever being found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crzyness1013
Back