Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest Burke seem to be a narcissistic. Like he doesn't care about anyone one but himself. He laid in the bed the whole time and didn't ask "Whats going on?" He acted as if Dr. Phil's questions were a joke or a game. His interviews are not believable.
Also I find it odd that at BOTH funerals, JonBenets and Pastys, there are pictures of him with a big grin on his face.

I don't post much, but am an avid follower of this case and Websleuths in general. Here are just two of the many statements within this treasure trove of body language and statement analysis fodder that immediately stood out to me:

Using NoIt'sNot's video upload of Part I (Media Links #146), at around 18:50:

Dr Phil asks, "Do you remember the last time you saw Jonbenet alive?" Burke responds, "I want to say it was in the car on the way back from the White's". I'm sure you do want to say this ...but as opposed to what? ...The truth?

Directly following, Dr Phil shows Burke a JBR photo, which DP represents as the last pic of her alive. (Many of us might technically disagree, but whatever: It is an absolutely darling, known pic of JBR smiling impishly from that XMAS morning.) The point is, Burke then blandly states, "Really?...huh...I don't remember the hair being that long...but...(shrug)." Now, he might have said "her" hair, but I think he said "the" hair. (Anyone want to double check?) In any case, Burke's lack of emotion, the lack of connection, the absolute cavern of distance, makes me want to weep.

He hated or is still jealous of his beautiful little sister.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...ocial-media-uproar-can-he-please-stop-smiling

JonBenet Ramsey's Smirking Brother Draws Social Media Uproar: 'Can He Please Stop Smiling?'
September 13, 2016
Behavior expert Dr. Lillian Glass gave her analysis to Inside Edition.
"I look at this as one of the most disturbing interviews I have ever seen," she declared.
When Dr. Phil asked Burke about what his mother’s reaction on the night of the murder, he described it while smirking.
“You see he has a genuine smile. For any other kid, they would have been terrified," Dr. Glass said. "He is elated about it. Maybe he had a bad relationship with the mother? Maybe he didn’t like the mother?"
People are also pointing out that Burke bizarrely moves his fingers.
"When Burke is fidgeting with his hands it shows that he is nervous. The body doesn’t lie. It shows that he is leaking out some nervous energy, which is coming out through his hands," Dr. Glass said.
Dr. Phil describes Burke as “socially awkward” and revealed that he works from home as a software engineer.
Read: JonBenet's Father Speaks Out in New Documentary: 'We Were the Victims of a Lynch Mob'
“He didn’t grow up like a normal kid. He couldn’t go to school. He has a siege mentality,” Dr. Phil said.
Dr. Glass said: "It is though he is not socialized, he doesn’t know how to react. There is something off about Burke."

Colored by me: Is DP talking about elementary and middle school here? Because we know BR went to Charlevoix High School and Purdue Univeristy.

Oh, I think he is being truthful for the most part (entirely avoiding anything that might be really incriminating) but remember he can never be charged for this crime- he knows this and has been free ever since it occurred.

If new evidence is discovered he could still be charged.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...ocial-media-uproar-can-he-please-stop-smiling

JonBenet Ramsey's Smirking Brother Draws Social Media Uproar: 'Can He Please Stop Smiling?'
September 13, 2016
Behavior expert Dr. Lillian Glass gave her analysis to Inside Edition.
"I look at this as one of the most disturbing interviews I have ever seen," she declared.
When Dr. Phil asked Burke about what his mother’s reaction on the night of the murder, he described it while smirking.
“You see he has a genuine smile. For any other kid, they would have been terrified," Dr. Glass said. "He is elated about it. Maybe he had a bad relationship with the mother? Maybe he didn’t like the mother?"
People are also pointing out that Burke bizarrely moves his fingers.
"When Burke is fidgeting with his hands it shows that he is nervous. The body doesn’t lie. It shows that he is leaking out some nervous energy, which is coming out through his hands," Dr. Glass said.
Dr. Phil describes Burke as “socially awkward” and revealed that he works from home as a software engineer.
Read: JonBenet's Father Speaks Out in New Documentary: 'We Were the Victims of a Lynch Mob'
“He didn’t grow up like a normal kid. He couldn’t go to school. He has a siege mentality,” Dr. Phil said.
Dr. Glass said: "It is though he is not socialized, he doesn’t know how to react. There is something off about Burke."

I agree with Lillian Glass he is beaming, duper's delight about her death, no sadness, no remorse at all. I cannot even think about my best friend's death without choking up. I hope he doesn't have any children of his own. His parents did a disservice protecting him. Beyond creepy. I think he enjoys the spotlight.

JMOO BR has never matured............he seems much younger in his remarks than a 30 year old.
Almost the same as his 9 year old interviews. JMOO was he always in the back ground?
difficult birth? learning problems? while reading the 'death of innocence' I do remember he had to 'change schools'
very early like 1st or 2nd grade........why? it said he couldn't write or type well? really?
Now jealousy.........I think so. He was the only child for 3 years, then came sister that family saw as a Miss America.
All the gifts, trophies, attention etc............dad worked allot and then there was BR...........anyone really do anything with him?
Sorry but I can see poking, hitting etc between BR and JBR........sibling rivalry.......big time.

His affect is off and his emotions are inappropriate. He reminds me of my students that were diagnosed with Asperger's.

BR was not potty trained til after 3+ years and a bedwetter...........hereditary? home problems? learning, behavior problems?
JBR bed wetter also..........was she potty trained earlier than 3?
I'll admit this would drive me crazy..........repeatedly changing beds and washing.
Seems like there was an emotional problem to me...................JMOO

Watching this now...

re 911 call - Burke "Unless someone erased my memory..." He did not go downstairs...

:thinking:

In the DP interview I see a young man who is socially awkward with odd responses. In the interview as 9 year old he is awkward as well. I wouldn't call him creepy but maybe I'm not creeped out by socially awkward people.

BR sure has a lack of curiosity. Never even read the ransom note, didn't ask how JB died, never checked out any JB websites. Really?

Granted I need to catch up to the full interviews this weekend, but WOW.
After reviewing the video of himself, DP asks,
"did you consciously not draw JB?"
Burke, " Idon't remember what went through my head, "she was gone, so I didn't draw her." This sent a little chill through me- just a little to logical for my heart to take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granted I need to catch up to the full interviews this weekend, but WOW.
After reviewing the video of himself, DP asks,
"did you consciously not draw JB?"
Burke, " Idon't remember what went through my head, "she was gone, so I didn't draw her." This sent a little chill through me- just a little to logical for my heart to take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Along with the shrug he gave directly to the camera after he said that.

Watching this now...

re 911 call - Burke "Unless someone erased my memory..." He did not go downstairs...

:thinking:

Any other average Joe on Dr P's show and he would have ripped apart that comment but yet when BR says it...nothing.

I just watched, fast-forwarding through commercials. I believe Burke. I don't find his affect "creepy" at all. He's shy, he's never been asked about this stuff before, and DP is interrogating him. How the heck would he remember if he ate pineapple on Dec 25 twenty years ago? Seriously?

I was 10 when my grandfather died. I knew something was very wrong and a bad thing had happened, but was given no details. We were sent to stay with someone while my parents went to deal with the very serious bad thing. When they returned, they told us he was dead. I have no idea what the words were. But I laughed and so did my sister. I wasn't happy. It was just uncomfortable. And I have just about zero memory of anything else, except that I played a little prank on my mother that night because the opportunity presented itself. I obviously did not "get" that it was not the time to do that. My sister and I still remember our reaction of laughing when they announced his death. (I still feel kind of bad about it.). But I wasn't the least bit happy, nor did I think it was funny. But what I remember is laughing and playing a prank, not being devastated and sad. I was a kid.

It does sound like the bigger trauma to Burke at the time was his mother's emotional state. He was sent to "go comfort her"? Wow, that's quite a burden to put on a child.

Burke didn't lose a child. He lost a sibling at the age of 9. You can't expect a 9 year old child to respond to a death the way an adult does, especially a parent who loses a child, IMO, the greatest loss a parent can suffer.

I'm just really shocked by the slurs about Burke and lack of empathy toward him.

I believe that he believes the things he's saying. Whether they're true or not is another question. I don't expect very valid recall of his 9 year old memories 20 years later. And who knows whether he has been fed memories by others. I feel sorry for him. I wish he hadn't done this interview. The public can be really mean spirited.

And I give the opinion of Lilian Glass all of :twocents: I don't respect her at all.

I just watched, fast-forwarding through commercials. I believe Burke. I don't find his affect "creepy" at all. He's shy, he's never been asked about this stuff before, and DP is interrogating him. How the heck would he remember if he ate pineapple on Dec 25 twenty years ago? Seriously?

I was 10 when my grandfather died. I knew something was very wrong and a bad thing had happened, but was given no details. We were sent to stay with someone while my parents went to deal with the very serious bad thing. When they returned, they told us he was dead. I have no idea what the words were. But I laughed and so did my sister. I wasn't happy. It was just uncomfortable. And I have just about zero memory of anything else, except that I played a little prank on my mother that night because the opportunity presented itself. I obviously did not "get" that it was not the time to do that. My sister and I still remember our reaction of laughing when they announced his death. (I still feel kind of bad about it.). But I wasn't the least bit happy, nor did I think it was funny. But what I remember is laughing and playing a prank, not being devastated and sad. I was a kid.

It does sound like the bigger trauma to Burke at the time was his mother's emotional state. He was sent to "go comfort her"? Wow, that's quite a burden to put on a child.

Burke didn't lose a child. He lost a sibling at the age of 9. You can't expect a 9 year old child to respond to a death the way an adult does, especially a parent who loses a child, IMO, the greatest loss a parent can suffer.

I'm just really shocked by the slurs about Burke and lack of empathy toward him.

I believe that he believes the things he's saying. Whether they're true or not is another question. I don't expect very valid recall of his 9 year old memories 20 years later. And who knows whether he has been fed memories by others. I feel sorry for him. I wish he hadn't done this interview. The public can be really mean spirited.

And I give the opinion of Lilian Glass all of :twocents: I don't respect her at all.

I do find him rather creepy. Why the big huge smile when asked if he killed his baby sister? He smiled through out the entire conversation. A big fat cheshire grin smile. He is not a 9 yr old anymore. I'd think he had some sadness surrounding it now. He knows he is on TV and he smiles a big smile when asked about a little girls brutal murder? :no:

Burke admitting that he was downstairs with his toy, after everyone was asleep.
At a time the intruder should have been in the house...proves the Ramsey's have been lying for near 20 years.
It can't be denied. Burke just flipped the script.

I'm changing my mind every 15 minutes during these shows. I'm still of the RDI, but how/who/why is changing. I never thought this before, but now think that BR was also sexually abused, along with JBR. And there is something 'off' with him, whether it be aspergers or 'something', the comment about bedwetting when JB was 6 and he was 9, it sounded to me like he still did it. BIG RED FLAG there to me. I do believe there was an 'accident' and then a coverup. By whom, TBD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels