Dreams/Visions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a believer in intuition and feelings. I do not see it as a wooooo creepy supernatural thing (or I would not touch it, believe me) I think it is more like radio signals that go out and some of us are more tuned in. I know things about people when I first meet them, I think about someone and the phone rings and it's them, I have dreams that come true within days detail for detail, and I feel things. When my mother was alive, I once needed her very badly so I closed my eyes and thought "call me Mama, call me Mama" the phone rang and there she was. Message sent and received.

SO, when I hear some of you say that you feel Haleigh may no longer be alive, I take it seriously. I don't get any feeling about her, not tuned in I guess.

We need, and her family needs, to know where she is.

I have a serious question about dreams and dreaming for anyone who is "in the know". I also believe in feelings and intuition as thats all I have. I very rarely, and by that I mean maybe twice a year have dreams that I can remember. What if you dont or cant remember dreaming???? What is wrong with me????

I have a serious question about dreams and dreaming for anyone who is "in the know". I also believe in feelings and intuition as thats all I have. I very rarely, and by that I mean maybe twice a year have dreams that I can remember. What if you dont or cant remember dreaming???? What is wrong with me????

My guess(lol...it is a guess) is there is nothing wrong with you! I rarely remember my dreams. Rarely. When I do remember a dream I quickly get up and research it online. I had a dream about spiders 2 nights in a row. It was horrible. I have a terrible fear of spiders too. Come to find out dreaming about spiders often means you will come into money(and I did!).

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about not remembering your dreams. Dreams happen in a specific level of REM's, and some people....light sleepers or not so deep sleepers....never acheive that level of REM.

I am only a lay person here, so be gentle with my explanation of dreaming! I just look a lot of things up and know about the REM thing from that................Sweet Dreams!

Oh, gosh, how much time do we have? :biggrin: I kid, I kid, there's not a thing wrong with you. Some people remember dreams more than others. But everyone does dream, it is a physical and psychological "must". Maybe your mind is very orderly and it doesn't have to do a lot of processing during sleep. (mine has to defrag and organize all night!) Certain medications suppress the dream memories and some encourage it. One of the stop smoking meds, Chantix, has a side effect of dreams so vivid that a friend of mine called police to say she had killed someone (she hadn't)

Have you tried, as you wake up laying quietly and letting your mind stay in that drowsy state? You may remember what your last dream was. What I hate is when my alarm goes off in the middle of a dream. It literally makes me tired for the rest of the day.

I find the topic of sleep very intersting which is why I tend to ramble on and on like this. :crazy:

My guess(lol...it is a guess) is there is nothing wrong with you! I rarely remember my dreams. Rarely. When I do remember a dream I quickly get up and research it online. I had a dream about spiders 2 nights in a row. It was horrible. I have a terrible fear of spiders too. Come to find out dreaming about spiders often means you will come into money(and I did!).

Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about not remembering your dreams. Dreams happen in a specific level of REM's, and some people....light sleepers or not so deep sleepers....never acheive that level of REM.

I am only a lay person here, so be gentle with my explanation of dreaming! I just look a lot of things up and know about the REM thing from that................Sweet Dreams!

Thanks for trying! lol...Im guessing 4 kids, 5-6 years apart...I havent had a good nights sleep in the last 20 years!

Oh, gosh, how much time do we have? :biggrin: I kid, I kid, there's not a thing wrong with you. Some people remember dreams more than others. But everyone does dream, it is a physical and psychological "must". Maybe your mind is very orderly and it doesn't have to do a lot of processing during sleep. (mine has to defrag and organize all night!) Certain medications suppress the dream memories and some encourage it. One of the stop smoking meds, Chantix, has a side effect of dreams so vivid that a friend of mine called police to say she had killed someone (she hadn't)

Have you tried, as you wake up laying quietly and letting your mind stay in that drowsy state? You may remember what your last dream was. What I hate is when my alarm goes off in the middle of a dream. It literally makes me tired for the rest of the day.

I find the topic of sleep very intersting which is why I tend to ramble on and on like this. :crazy:

No meds and I dont drink so that couldnt have anything to do with it. Mon-fri theres no chance of trying what you described because Im up at 7 (alarm) but I could give it a go over the week-end. Thanks for the suggestion!

No meds and I dont drink so that couldnt have anything to do with it. Mon-fri theres no chance of trying what you described because Im up at 7 (alarm) but I could give it a go over the week-end. Thanks for the suggestion!

I don't know if this works but I remember reading it once: it said to set your alarm an hour earlier and you should wake up in the middle of a dream. But then again, if you have what 4? kids, maybe you getting that hour of sleep is a better idea! lol

I am just wondering if anyone has had a dream of Haleigh....

I VERY RARELY remember my dreams.... they are usually about Ethan when I do remember them....

I don't really know much about dreams or if I am just too engrossed in this case but......

I had a Dream that Ethan was playing with Haleigh.... very short dream and I just remember Ethan saying its ok we can play now..... then Haleigh running after Ethan with a smile...

(*PLEASE don't bash me.... I just can't make sence of it.... and wanted to express it)

Maybe your baby Ethan is telling you, Haleigh is with him safe now in heaven and they are playing.

Here is a paste of the earlier post:

02-18-2009, 07:50 PM
FlaSleuth
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2009

I can't believe I am posting this, but I have to get this "out there" somehow. I have dreams sometimes that have premonitions or that contain information about things that have already occurred but that I could not possibly know. I have been very interested in this case, so I went to sleep last night receptive to the possibility of dreaming something about this case. I had a dream from the perspective of an SO, who assaulted a female child with somebody else present (not much detail to this scene -- it was one of those dreams where incidents are just generalized, not seen in any detail, and I don't have any information on who the other person was). Then, the dream shifted to a very vivid discovery that I (still the SO) had 6 toes -- in the dream I was panic-stricken over this, and counted them many times to be sure.

Most of my psychic dreams have some sort of "marker" to them -- meaning that within the dream, there is something mundane, which then happens within a couple of days. In this dream, there was a mundane "marker" -- something that only happens in my day-to-day life every 6 months or so -- and it came true this very morning (it was nothing that would have any connection to the Haleigh case, though -- just involved running into somebody in my dream, and then running into that person this morning, and it's somebody I rarely see and it was a complete coincidence to see them today). My gut instincts tell me that, like my other dream "markers" this was just a signal to me that the rest of the dream has deeper significance.

Anyone know how to remember more about a dream?

My mil had a cat named 6 toes. lol, but seriously, do you remember which toe was the extra?
I know that sounds like a stupid question, but I was just wondering and since you counted them many times, I thought maybe you would remember. :) Each toe might have special meaning, such as in the song "this little piggy"
ok, just throwing thoughts out here.
I haven't had a dream but last Sunday, she was heavy on my heart, then a few days later, Ron was heavy on my heart, and I wondered then if something had happened to Haleigh. But I really don't know what was happening at those times, of course. I prayed for them each when it occurred.

wikipedia has something to say about six toes, so here you go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydactyly

That you were panic-strickened over the toes, makes me think if it was an SO, perhaps he has paranoia issues, or is quite vain. I know people no longer think it was CR, but it is noted that he takes good care of himself, good hygeine. This is probably somewhat abnormal for an SO. jmo

A couple of days ago I had a good feeling about Haleigh, like an overhelming feeling that she was still alive. I even told my 12 year old, I think she's still alive. But today....it feels different. I hate saying that coz we got to keep hoping right? But ....IDK, it may be too late now. moo
I had that warm feeling today. My brain was saying 'Haleigh, where are you?' over and over. Then I heard a little voice say "I'm in my room". I saw her, in my brain of course, crawling on all fours playing with something, in front of her bed. I could see somewhat under the bed. The floor was carpet, the bed was made, she had shorts and a t shirt on. Then she said, "I'm playing, I am having fun." and looked right up at me.
Wishful thinking, Wishful thinking, Wishful thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a dream of Haleigh last night. In my dream, Ron took Haleigh and tied her up in a white sheet and weighted her down with cinder blocks, and dumped her at the end of the long dirt road in the river. The road is the same road located at the search site that TES had set up when I was down there helping with the search. In my dream, he used a light brown rope to tie the sheet up with, and then attached that rope to the cinder blocks. Haleigh did not have any clothes on. I do not like being so descriptive, but this is my dream. I woke up saying, "and he didn't know about those cinder blocks out back, right!!!"

Could not help but read on Kyle Johns(SO who lives close to Haleigh), that he had a scar on his left foot and his left big toe was amuputated.

I haven't had any dreams, so much as I have had what I guess would be feelings or impressions. Weird because I really didn't have any of those with the other big FL case, but I do on this one. I have constantly been thinking of two different cases that occurred here and I am seeing some similarities I think. Unfortunately, neither of those cases had happy endings, so I am concerned for Haleigh as well. In both cases here, the children were found, murdered, in houses eerily close to their own. In the one case, they said that the man who killed the child had even been out looking for her with the searchers all the while she was in his house. :furious:

Make what you will of it...
Earlier that day, 2/10, Haliegh had seen a kitten by the back of the trailer, she asked to go play with it and Misty told her no. She whined about it a little, but then got over it.

Fast forward, middle of the night...TV is not on and both kids are in bed together. I am assuming it is Ron and Misty's bedroom, since she can hear RJ breathing, but can't touch him, the bed is too big. I do not know if Misty is there or not. I am assuming not, as I can't hear her, but I could be wrong.
Haliegh is laying in bed and can't go back to sleep, it's dark and she is scared. Not terrified, but that vague fear that children almost have in the dark. She sees a flash of light, could have been headlights, I'm not sure. She gets up, thinking it's Ron, and walks to the kitchen, where she turns on the light and waits for Daddy to come in. After a minute or two, she realizes it isn't Ron, so she goes to use the bathroom before going back to bed. She passes the back door and hears a sound, not very loud. She waits, presses her ear against the door, and listens. SHe hears a scratching, scraping sound and thinks about that kitten. She takes her shirt off there, where she stands and goes back to the bedroom to get other clothes, because it is a little chilly, even in the trailer. SHe puts something else on, clothes that she got from her dad's bedroom, because that's where some of her clothes and her shoes were. She doesn't put on her shoes though, but she did pick them up and move them. At this point RJ wakes up, and asks what she is doing. She tells him to go back to sleep, they are talking quietly, but I still don't know if Misty is there. SHe goes out of the bedroom, to the back door and opens it. The usual way, it was locked, but only partially, she only had to turn the lock about a half turn, SHe opens the door, which makes a decently loud scraping noise. She walks outside and looks for the kittten, but it's not there, instead there is a man half under the trailer, medium height, medium build, lightish hair, almost silver under the moon, wearing sweatpants and a tank top, both black. He pulls himself out from under the trailer and freezes when he sees Haleigh. She knows him, but not well. Not his name, just knows him by sight, he has been around. SHe asks him if he is looking for the kitten, and he smiles and says no, but takes a step toward her. She turns aroung ot go back in the trailer and he grabs her. He slaps his hand over her mouth and cuts her lip on her teeth. Instead of closing the back door, since he knows how loud it is, he pushes the back door open a little more, so it isn't creaking, in fact, he puts his hand on the part of the door that is up against the hinge side of the door jamb and pushes it there. The brick was something he pulled out from under the trailer, ne puts it there to hold the other door so it doesn't slam. He sees RJ, standing in the hallway, but it's too risky, that kid is inside the trailer, he already has his hands full with a struggling five year old, so he makes a face at the little kid and hold Haleigh up towards him. RJ turns around and runs and the man takes Haleigh in the other opposite direction. RJ doesn't know him, he has never seen the kid, but he has seen Haleigh before. He knows she has seen him, might know his name.

Now, this is where I lose it, I don't know where he takes her and I don't believe this dream for a moment, becuase my gut feeling is that someone very close to the family did whatever was done to Haleigh, not some random stranger looking for copper to steal. But, hey, it had a thread, someone wanted to know, so there it is.

Here is a paste of the earlier post:

02-18-2009, 07:50 PM
FlaSleuth
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2009

Then, the dream shifted to a very vivid discovery that I (still the SO) had 6 toes -- in the dream I was panic-stricken over this, and counted them many times to be sure.
QUOTE]

I know it's a little late in the thread, but just got around to reading it...FlaSleuth, I have six toes - on both feet! lol!! My sister and her co-workers jokingly call me "Six-toe Joe" ...have you ever heard the expression? It's a funny way of saying "in-bred hillbilly, trailer-trash type person" I thought that was interesting...not that I'm calling the family of Haleigh "Trailer Trash", but it seems they do have a history of hanging around some people that might fit the above description. :crazy:

I never dream about stuff like this. I had a dream two nights ago that she drowned. I hope that's not true!

Make what you will of it...
Earlier that day, 2/10, Haliegh had seen a kitten by the back of the trailer, she asked to go play with it and Misty told her no. She whined about it a little, but then got over it.

Fast forward, middle of the night...TV is not on and both kids are in bed together. I am assuming it is Ron and Misty's bedroom, since she can hear RJ breathing, but can't touch him, the bed is too big. I do not know if Misty is there or not. I am assuming not, as I can't hear her, but I could be wrong.
Haliegh is laying in bed and can't go back to sleep, it's dark and she is scared. Not terrified, but that vague fear that children almost have in the dark. She sees a flash of light, could have been headlights, I'm not sure. She gets up, thinking it's Ron, and walks to the kitchen, where she turns on the light and waits for Daddy to come in. After a minute or two, she realizes it isn't Ron, so she goes to use the bathroom before going back to bed. She passes the back door and hears a sound, not very loud. She waits, presses her ear against the door, and listens. SHe hears a scratching, scraping sound and thinks about that kitten. She takes her shirt off there, where she stands and goes back to the bedroom to get other clothes, because it is a little chilly, even in the trailer. SHe puts something else on, clothes that she got from her dad's bedroom, because that's where some of her clothes and her shoes were. She doesn't put on her shoes though, but she did pick them up and move them. At this point RJ wakes up, and asks what she is doing. She tells him to go back to sleep, they are talking quietly, but I still don't know if Misty is there. SHe goes out of the bedroom, to the back door and opens it. The usual way, it was locked, but only partially, she only had to turn the lock about a half turn, SHe opens the door, which makes a decently loud scraping noise. She walks outside and looks for the kittten, but it's not there, instead there is a man half under the trailer, medium height, medium build, lightish hair, almost silver under the moon, wearing sweatpants and a tank top, both black. He pulls himself out from under the trailer and freezes when he sees Haleigh. She knows him, but not well. Not his name, just knows him by sight, he has been around. SHe asks him if he is looking for the kitten, and he smiles and says no, but takes a step toward her. She turns aroung ot go back in the trailer and he grabs her. He slaps his hand over her mouth and cuts her lip on her teeth. Instead of closing the back door, since he knows how loud it is, he pushes the back door open a little more, so it isn't creaking, in fact, he puts his hand on the part of the door that is up against the hinge side of the door jamb and pushes it there. The brick was something he pulled out from under the trailer, ne puts it there to hold the other door so it doesn't slam. He sees RJ, standing in the hallway, but it's too risky, that kid is inside the trailer, he already has his hands full with a struggling five year old, so he makes a face at the little kid and hold Haleigh up towards him. RJ turns around and runs and the man takes Haleigh in the other opposite direction. RJ doesn't know him, he has never seen the kid, but he has seen Haleigh before. He knows she has seen him, might know his name.

Now, this is where I lose it, I don't know where he takes her and I don't believe this dream for a moment, becuase my gut feeling is that someone very close to the family did whatever was done to Haleigh, not some random stranger looking for copper to steal. But, hey, it had a thread, someone wanted to know, so there it is.

wow, just got around to reading that. Is this a dream you had? Holy cow I think if I would have had a dream like that I would jump in the car and drive to Florida myself. It seems so real and in depth. I am glad I don't have prophetic dreams....I would never be able to close my eyes!

I know I dream a lot, but if I don't write them down, I "lose" them very
quickly. However, I will know the "tone" of the dream because it will affect
my emotions...especially if it's negative. I need to write them down, or tell them to someone right away, when I do, they can be pretty interesting.

wow, just got around to reading that. Is this a dream you had? Holy cow I think if I would have had a dream like that I would jump in the car and drive to Florida myself. It seems so real and in depth. I am glad I don't have prophetic dreams....I would never be able to close my eyes!

It's a curse. Sometimes I can "see" things...and sometimes I just get caught up in a case and work media reports into my dreams...I'm betting on that last one this time.

It's a curse. Sometimes I can "see" things...and sometimes I just get caught up in a case and work media reports into my dreams...I'm betting on that last one this time.

Well nothing you mentioned has been reported by the media really. So I would give yourself more credit than that. I still do not envy those of you who dream like this though. I believe you when you say it is somewhat of a curse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda