GUILTY Dubai - Ibolya Ryan, 47, US teacher, stabbed to death, Abu Dhabi, 1 Dec 2014

Have I been a complete geographical idiot with this thread? The first article stated 'Dubai' but all others stated Abu Dhabi. So I presumed AD was in Dubai? But I think they are separate cities? And emirates?

And I'm not sure of what an emirate is anyhow. :( A state?

Abu Dhabi is a city in UAE. (united Arab Emirates)
Emirates is a country/state.
Dubai is another city in UAE. Murder took place in Abu Dhabi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not just American. Victim Ibolya was Hungarian-American and the doc is Arab-American.

I absolutely agree. I live in Vienna, Austria and Ibolya was a substitute teacher at the American International School here. I believe her ex-husband still lives here as well. She was multicultural and as some locals have stated must have had an accent since she was born and raised in Romania.

I absolutely agree. I live in Vienna, Austria and Ibolya was a substitute teacher at the American International School here. I believe her ex-husband still lives here as well. She was multicultural and as some locals have stated must have had an accent since she was born and raised in Romania.

Hello neighbor! Wave. :)

I find it very odd that the perp interacted with the security guard TWICE. In such traditional garb it would be odd for a woman to approach a man so closely and speak with him. Hope those guards have been questioned.

I find it very odd that the perp interacted with the security guard TWICE. In such traditional garb it would be odd for a woman to approach a man so closely and speak with him. Hope those guards have been questioned.

I agree. I believe there are strict laws in Islam as to communicating with male strangers, I wonder if this is frowned upon?

Abu Dhabi is a city in UAE. (united Arab Emirates)
Emirates is a country/state.
Dubai is another city in UAE. Murder took place in Abu Dhabi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! Infuriatingly, the Daily Mail which stated the stabbing happened in Dubai and which I linked when opening this thread, has now corrected its article. So it looks like I just plucked the name of Dubai out of thin air!

Thank you! Infuriatingly, the Daily Mail which stated the stabbing happened in Dubai and which I linked when opening this thread, has now corrected its article. So it looks like I just plucked the name of Dubai out of thin air!

I spoke to somebody earlier about this case and they mentioned Dubai as well so you are not alone. Maybe this was part of the initial media coverage before additional details were released.

:great:

:seeya: where do you live? I figured you were close, since your locations says heart of Europe. I love this board and nice to see fellow members located in Europe.

Next door. Deutschland. :) There are a few posters from our neck of the woods on the Oscar Pistorius threads too.

First time poster here! I wonder why they felt the need to add dramatic sound effects to the surveillance videos as well as the police videos, it seems rather odd. I agree the flag on the getaway car was very obvious but seems intentional to me, as if they wanted to send a message. IMO they knew they would be caught on mall surveillance cameras and tracked down eventually leading to their arrest. If the suspect was wearing gloves during the attack how did the blood get on the steering wheel? The knife handle had little to no blood on it.

The suspect was covered from head to toe, and the car's license plate was covered, so I doubt they expected to be caught.
Blood could have gotten on the steering wheel from the gloves the same way it would have gotten from suspect's bare hands.
Gloves would have been bloody from the attack.
I don't know what image you saw with little to no blood. The photos I saw show bathroom with a lot of blood in it. It was a very bloody scene.

I agree. I find that suspicious.The perp got into the elevator to escape. There were plenty of opportunities to apprehend the perp at the scene yet it was not done. On the other hand, the perp might have just been checking out the security readiness.

The suspect was covered from head to toe, and the car's license plate was covered, so I doubt they expected to be caught.
Blood could have gotten on the steering wheel from the gloves the same way it would have gotten from suspect's bare hands.
Gloves would have been bloody from the attack.
I don't know what image you saw with little to no blood. The photos I saw show bathroom with a lot of blood in it. It was a very bloody scene.

I meant the knife as an isolated instrument had little blood on the handle itself not the actual crime scene, that's how I made the connection. It was an initial thought that stood out to me but it makes sense now.

I meant the knife as an isolated instrument had little blood on the handle itself not the actual crime scene, that's how I made the connection. It was an initial thought that stood out to me but it makes sense now.

But handle was covered by suspect's hand during the attack. So just because there is little blood on the handle itself, doesn't mean suspect's gloved hands were not covered in blood.

Lol, we now have half and half in our thread title. Abu Dubai. I asked our mod to change it and think I must have got confused again. I'll settle for that anyhow, everyone will know where we're talking about. And its the Daily Mail's fault anyway. :)

ETA: Scrub the above, our thread title is perfectly correct now. :)

But handle was covered by suspect's hand during the attack. So just because there is little blood on the handle itself, doesn't mean suspect's gloved hands were not covered in blood.

I looked at a close up of the murder weapon again and what you are saying makes sense. It was only an initial thought, newbie here.

I didn't look at the blood splatter patterns too long (Pistorius case was enough for me in that respect), but it did seem the victim ran and possibly struggled with her assailant while bleeding profusely. That could have caused a lot of staining on the suspect too.

I'm actually wondering if the suspect has a mental illness, because the location chosen for the crime was so public, there was a very high likelihood of being caught.

Also, there haven't been any other arrests announced, although the video clearly shows other people being cuffed in the home. So it looks like this was a one woman operation....and possibly by a middle aged woman bringing up a family, who had no idea what she was doing?

I agree. I find that suspicious.The perp got into the elevator to escape. There were plenty of opportunities to apprehend the perp at the scene yet it was not done. On the other hand, the perp might have just been checking out the security readiness.

Yeah, the speaking to security guards is suspicious. And couldn't the security guards on that floor alerted guards on other floors to apprehend a person in a niquab stepping out of the elevator?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back