Elizabeth Johnson Trial - Day 5 - 4th Day of Prosecution's Case - Thursday, Sept 27

it's 12;34 tick tock the timely court is not so timely

If I was a betting person I would wager that this trial will never start exactly on time

All the state has to prove is that EJ is intentionally keeping the child and any information about the location of the child from Logan and the authorities. I think they proved that. jmo

I tend to agree with you LambChop, but if that's the case isn't the fact that she still hasn't/won't produce the child all they need? Then why the heck is info about Gabriel's current whereabouts irrelevant?

I am pretty new to this case, so forgive me if I'm totally missing something here.

Good Morning everyone (afternoon to some) . . . I am just here riding along again today trying to catch the "gist" of what is being said during testimony. Wanted to thank those posters who find flaws or mis-information in my posts as I do not catch everything and often the speaker is 2 sentences ahead of my typing - so I do lose things in translation. I cannot fathom why they are not able to wrap this trial up by next week - the rate they are going with witnesses is quite good I think - just the delays in getting court started each day on time and the "blacked out" dates for court are the only things holding this trial up (IMO). I also feel the State has been able to make their case that EJ did in fact interfere with Logans' custodial rights - she knew she was to make Gabriel available for his Daddy's visits before she left for Texas. I agree with the poster who said they thought TPS gave EJ the ideas about leaving the State, adopting him out, and moving to another jurisdiction - but EJ took those ideas and ran with them to the 9th degree.

wishbone, you are so RIGHT ON!

I think they have proved the case, but I don't think she will get much time (maybe even time served)-for these charges. I would like to think that TX is waiting in the wings (lol) to scoop this up for murder & or some other charge. MOO

tick tock 12:43 does anyone have the courthouse or the seal?

Maybe EJ's letter to the Judge - complaining about the one month sentence for TPS will have an impact on him adding more time to her sentence. After all - she didn't feel it was fair that TPS got off on such little amount of time and he might just honor her request to add time to one who is found responsible for the "loss" of Baby Gabriel.

I tend to agree with you LambChop, but if that's the case isn't the fact that she still hasn't/won't produce the child all they need? Then why the heck is info about Gabriel's current whereabouts irrelevant?

I am pretty new to this case, so forgive me if I'm totally missing something here.

The charges are kidnapping and parental interference. If they found Gabriel tomorrow it would not change anything in terms of what she is on trial for. If EJ were to tell them tonight where her child is it would not change anything regarding this particular trial. If she were charged with murder, Gabriel's location would be relevant. This could be why they are saying the child's whereabouts is irrelevant. jmo

Maybe EJ's letter to the Judge - complaining about the one month sentence for TPS will have an impact on him adding more time to her sentence. After all - she didn't feel it was fair that TPS got off on such little amount of time and he might just honor her request to add time to one who is found responsible for the "loss" of Baby Gabriel.

Except since the jury can't consider the fact that Gabriel is lost - one way or another, then the judge can't either in his sentencing.

I agree about the custodial interference, wenwe. We know what that charge got for Tammi! The biggest conviction, for kidnapping is the one that will get her years behind bars... Personally, I think that has been pretty well proven, just in the timing of EJ's travels. She left specifically so that Logan could not visit with Gabriel. She also made it clear that, one way or another, Logan would never see his son again. If that isn't kidnapping, I don't know what is.

I really like the jury being able to ask questions wonder what would have happened in Florida had that been the case there?

We have been starting approx 30-35 minutes late each day . . . so I am thinking we will start within the next 15 minutes today.

Camille Kimball‏@CamilleKimball

Judge has been doing other cases this morn. Will start after short break. Logan, lawyers are here. #ElizabethJohnson #BabyGabriel

Judge has been doing other cases this morn. Will start after short break. Logan, lawyers are here

#ElizabethJohnson just entered. She is currently wearing her black jacket. ;) Alone at def. table, but guard near by. #BabyGabriel

wishbone, you are so RIGHT ON!

I think they have proved the case, but I don't think she will get much time (maybe even time served)-for these charges. I would like to think that TX is waiting in the wings (lol) to scoop this up for murder & or some other charge. MOO

In some cases you can get life for kidnapping. The fact that she is not talking will not help her. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back